1.71/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Royal Canin Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Royal Canin Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2015

I have two 2 year old ragdolls, one has had his share of issues, the other is healthy as a horse. At a very young age I began to only feed them organic grain free food, only wet, no dry as they will not touch dry. The not so healthy one was recently diagnosed with a portasystemic liver shunt and it was recommend I feed him Royal Canin renal. They both loved it immediately, however, the one with problems developed a blockage within 2 hours, so off to the ER. He stayed at his regular vet for the day, they fed him (not Royal Canin) and watched him to make sure he was passing urine. I came home to find the healthy one had thrown up all over the place. He has never done this his entire life, this cat as never been sick! Not even hair balls!!!

I brought the other one home from the vet, he was passing urine fine all day and was great. When he came home he ate a can and a half of the Royal Canin, within in two hours he was in the litter box all night, then he started to cry out, he has never shown pain through all of his issues. Needless to say I rushed to the vet, and he is undergoing surgery right now, I am devastated!! I read these reviews and looked at the can, and see pork by products, like 2nd ingredient!! This food is poison, neither of their bodies would tolerate it! The other cat is fine, as I said he is the extremely healthy, and after the vomiting, he wouldn't touch the food. But please stay away from this stuff!! Unbelievable! Praying my other will be ok.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

Our toy poodle has eaten RC since he was a puppy and is now 10 yrs old. In November we bought a new bag of food and he wasn't eating as well as he had. He also started vomiting at least once a day, and continued to worsen until a few weeks ago, he was up all night vomiting and shaking. In the morning, I noticed that his urine looked brown. I got a sample and took it to the vet with him. His urine was full of bilirubin, his blood work was triple the levels that it should be for liver function, and an ultrasound revealed pancreatitis with liver involvement. They weren't even sure he would survive this.

Luckily, I got that urine sample so that they knew what they were dealing with. After 3 nights and 4 days in the animal hospital on IVs and injectable antibiotics, and now 14 days of 2 different oral antibiotics and a liver supplement, as well as a new prescription diet, he is doing really well. Last urine sample showed no bilirubin at all. I wondered if it was the food, and now I know that it probably was. Total bill for all of this over $1800. I'm so glad I took him to the vet and had that sample to point them in the right direction. This food should be recalled, and I checked online for any recalls and only found one from 2007.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

We recently decided to purchase Royal Canin "Hairball" because one of our two cats has been having hairball issues, and I did some research and found that this is a medium-rated (not highly-rated) brand. But we're living in Hong Kong now, and this was the only medium-to-high quality hairball food available to us. Well, after only a few days of trying to introduce this food, our cats have been having constant vomiting problems. We were shocked by this! Before, they might have each vomited once or twice a month, which is quite normal for cats. Since introducing this only four days ago, however, we have witnessed them both vomit about 7-8 times in total.

I'm so disappointed. We bought a big bag, thinking we might save money this way. But this is total crap. I'm actually going to throw it in the garbage rather than try to give it away, because I wouldn't want to see any other cat owners subjecting their cats to this kind of cruelty. For shame, Royal Canin! We've been reading on this site how you have recently changed your formula, and we find it shocking that you would put company profits above the health of pets. And if this move drives you into bankruptcy, well...you won't hear us crying.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

I bought a 15 kg bag of this food at pets at home and my dog had an allergic reaction. All his face was full of lumps and swollen ears. It is definitely the food. I thought something bitten him but after checking every time he eats this food he has the same allergic reaction. This happened before with this food... a few months ago he was vomiting and had diarrhea.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

I've been using Royal Canin for my cat for about 2 years and I didn't encounter any problem so far. The packages mention that the (dry) food is produced in Europe. However, after I read some reviews, I'm worried. I also noticed that in the ingredients there are soy oil and corn. Unfortunately there are also preservatives. Does anyone know if the soy or corn is mutant (genetically modified)? In USA, the genetically modified vegetables are allowed, but not in Europe. I love my cat and I don't want to suffer something. What should I give him to eat? What is really safe and good (quality food)? Thank you in advance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Canin Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

I have 6 cats. I tried this cat food in October. The recent bag purchased in January caused 4 of my cats to projectile vomit and have diarrhea. I took them all off the food and they got better. I knew from the start that the ingredients were not the best but had an issue with one cat that had poo problems so I wanted to try it, and the first 2 bags were ok..but this last one was a nightmare so I switched to Blue for sensitive stomach. I called the Royal Canin company and they said they have not had any problems with this food and that I should ask for a refund from place of purchase. I'm done with Royal Canin. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

I use the Royal Canin pet food weight control. My dog broke out all over her body. The sore on her body was so bad. It took weeks for her to heal. She had been eating the one for small breed. She was fine until we done the weight control. My baby girl was miserable. So please don't use this product.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

I have a 10 year old beagle that had bladder stones a few years ago. After being on the Royal Canin urinary food for a few years we never had a problem. My dog always was happy to eat her food until recently. I noticed her not as eager to eat as usual. It would take her almost all day to eat the kibble that was in her bowl. Then she refused to eat it all together. Then the vomiting started. Took her to the vet and had blood work done and an xray of her stomach to make sure she had no obstruction.

All test came back fine. I was told to give her boiled chicken and rice for a few days to let her stomach settle down. Well, she couldn't even hold that down and eventually couldn't even keep water in. She became very lethargic and was seriously ill. After many vet visits, tests, and medications she is slowly improving. This has been a month of hell for me and my dog. She is so sick and I am convinced it is her food. I beg of everyone who may feed their pet this brand of food watch their pet closely. I will not give my pet this food again. They need to have a recall and test the food to ensure that no other pets get sick.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

Our dog has been on this food for years with no problem. In November 2014, I went into vet to get another bag and our regular brand was no longer there. I asked the office and they said this other Royal Canin bag was the same as our regular food but they had changed the color of the bag. Within a week or so of having our "regular" brand in the new bag, our dog started to experience stomach rumbling, vomiting and diarrhea. She is now at the point where she is eating very little, including beef and chicken - foods she was rarely treated to and ones she passionately devoured in the past. My wife checked for recalls and we stumbled on to these posts which are almost identical to what has happened to our dog.

She has always been in great shape and this came out of left field. We have been to the vet three times and they have done blood work, testing and cannot find anything wrong with her. She is still eating very little and I am now curious as to whether it is her food after reading these posts. My only word of caution is to purchase this food with these tales in mind. We are hoping she will recover shortly but it has been weeks since she has acted healthy.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I've been giving my cat Royal Canin for atleast 12 years. The vet recommended it because she had crystals in her bladder. Four years she has eaten nothing but that cat food and just recently she's been drinking a lot of water and going to the bathroom a lot and I was worried I took her to the vet. $500 later I find out she has a bladder infection I thought she might have diabetes. She was Lethargic and I really thought she was in a dangerous state. After reading about Royal Canin I immediately changed her food and now the difference like day and night she's looks so much happier and she's able to get around, she's not tired anymore. She's like her old self again.

Thank goodness. I was worried sick. I don't know what they've done to their food but obviously something is really wrong. I hope someone checks it out because this is costing people all kinds of money at the vets and risking their animals' lives. I actually heard of one case the other day- my girlfriend's sister's cat died. I beg you to check this company out, something is very wrong!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

My cat was diagnosed with an inflamed urinary tract, and the vet recommended that I put her on Royal Canin S/O. Not only is the food incredibly expensive, but when I opened the bag it smelled like corn! Why am I paying $40 for a bag of corn and by-products? The food did help calm her bladder, but made her very lethargic, lazy, and thirsty. I'm fairly certain that all this food does is make her drink more in order to flush out her bladder. I switched her to a diet of high quality canned food with a high moisture content for the same price I was paying for that awful prescription food, and she's doing much better with no side effects. I wish I could get my money back, and I will never be recommending royal canin to any of my customers as I work for a national chain pet store. There are so many higher quality foods that will help prevent issues for the same price as prescription food.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2015

I have 2 Shih Tzu puppies, 4 months and 10 months. The vet told me to put them on Royal Canin. They've been eating it for months without any issues. This week, I bought a new bag and now both dogs have diarrhea and are vomiting. It has to be the food since they haven't eaten anything else. Taking them to the vet tomorrow. When I googled this tonight, I found all the complaints about the same thing. I'm calling Royal Canin tomorrow to file a complaint. They can't poison animals and get away with it!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

So after our 4 yr old Pug having Bladder Stones, we were recommended to put her on the RC SO. She ate it, but a Pug will eat just about anything. After a few days on it I could tell she didn't like it but ate it none the less as I was mixing it with some warm water as we always do with any dry food. Several times she had gotten sick from it, which I thought could have been normal due to changing foods, although we have changed foods once before years ago and none of our 3 Pugs ever had the slightest issue with it.

The final straw was when I could actually smell it on her, as in she was burping or getting ready to get sick again and then she was only Pooping once a day and it was not her normal consistency. I could tell that it was dry and clumpy as if she was not getting enough water. In regards to the water, I give them fresh cool water, changed out, bowel cleaned, a minimum of 3 times per day, first thing in the morning, in the afternoon when we get home from work and then again in the evening. She has always had a similar consistency when going, and always went twice a day regardless of the weather.

I've now taken her off of the Royal Canin SO and have her on the Merricks canned food until I can determine the best course of action for my little girl. If you are a concerned pet owner, you know your pet and know their habits and their personality. If you notice changes such as these or the other mentioned by others here, please take the time to investigate things and make the necessary changes. If your here on this site, reading the comments from other very concerned pet owners your already on the right track. Most importantly, don't jump to panic conclusions, let the facts speak for themselves and make informed choices and decisions based on solid knowledge and information.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

I have used Royal Canin pet food for years because it touted as being the purest and best food on the market. I specifically have used SO Moderate Canin for crystals in the urine of my black lab. I ordered a new bag which I fed my dog from Sunday Jan. 11. I fed her 2 meals on Mon, Jan.12 and began to notice a foul horrible flatulence from her which she NEVER has. By Tues. even Jan 12 she still had the flatulence, began to act uncomfortable, and kept going outside to eat grass. 2 and 4 a.m. she threw up twice. So, I stopped the food Wed. a.m. and out her on oatmeal and the symptoms went away immediately. I contacted the company and of course they said there is nothing wrong with their food...blah, blah, blah. So, I reported this to my Vet which she said she had heard some rumblings about this...duh! And she didn't inform me! So, I posted my complaint on FB and asked my friends to repost it and hopefully their friends will repost. Won't be buying anymore Royal Canin, folks.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

My healthy 12-year old Labrador Retriever has been on Royal Canin Hypoallergenic dog food for several years now and was previously on Hills Science Diet Z/D Low Allergen. She always enjoyed the food until recently, starting in September or October. We brought home a new bag of dry food which she would not eat. We then bought the canned version which she was willing to eat some of.

In the last few months the health of her skin and coat have deteriorated dramatically and she has lost an incredible amount of her fur. She's also had difficulty with BMs and frequent diarrhea since September/October which we assumed were related to her age. She had been reluctant to eat the dry food which she happily enjoyed before for years, but recently the last week, she stopped eating both the dry and wet food altogether and began vomiting once or twice a day. After four days of not eating we took her to the vet as she was becoming lethargic. The vet ran a geriatric blood test and several of her kidney factors were multiple times above where they should be. The vet advised us that he believed her kidneys were failing and there isn't anything he can do.

Since visiting the vet we've tried giving her boiled chicken and rice which she's happily eaten, but unfortunately due to her kidney failure, is now unable to hold the food for more than an hour or two. After reading the hundreds of similar stories on this site with nearly identical results, I'm mortified and beside myself as I never had imagined that the highly overpriced prescription Royal Canin could be the cause. I had only assumed that dog food in this category was as safe or better than the human food I ate myself for the $300 or more a month I was spending on it.

With so many stories just on this site alone, and with symptoms nearly the same in all posts, it's clearly more than coincidence. I still have the bag of dry food and cans and would be very interested in having an independent lab evaluate the food. Clearly this needs to be investigated and pet owners should be compensated for their emotional pain and suffering due to the loss/illness of their beloved pets, and fully reimbursed for their time and expense of caring for their ill pets if the food is found to be the cause. Until further researched by an independent party, I do not plan to purchase any more Royal Canin, nor would I recommend others do so as well.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I recently opened a new bag of Royal Canin Weight Maintenance for mini dogs. My dog became very sick vomiting and having straight blood diarrhea. Has anyone else had this same issue? If so, do you have the lot numbers on the bag of dog food?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

My dog has been on this food for 9 years and in November 2014 I opened a new bag. Within 3 days she was vomiting and not eating. After a vet visit and 2 weeks off the food she was finally well again. So I started her again on the food and now 45 days later we are again at the vet. This time in the emergency room with her vomiting again and passing gelatinous bloody stools. I am so upset that I didn't research all the same stories that I am now reading on this site regarding the food. I just didn't believe after so long with the same formula that this would be happening. All indications are pointing to the food. Her blood work will be back and X-rays and I hope I don't lose her. This company needs to listen to these complaints and take it off the market until thoroughly testing again. The vets and hospital says no one will test the food unless there is a recall or many complaints. That's why I am posting this. I hope I can help someone avoid this terrible experience. My poor dog!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

We took one of our 3 cats to the vet last week for a suspected bladder infection. With the infection confirmed, the vet gave us an antibiotic and had us purchase a small $35 bag of Royal Canin food to "help" with urinary function. We asked if the food would be okay for all 3 of our cats (ages 1.5, 5, & 7). The vet assured us it would be fine for all. After a week of being on the food, all 3 cats have become somewhat lethargic. The youngest began vomiting, and has pooped on the carpet, which has NEVER happened before. He is coughing every few seconds like he's about to vomit and his tummy is tight and making awful noises. He's obviously miserable. The eldest appears to be having stomach pains and we can also hear the noises from his belly. The middle cat, the one with the original infection, is lethargic and not at all his happy, playful self.

None of the cats like the RC food, but they've been eating small amounts. They've also started drinking large amounts of water. We WILL be calling our vet's office to complain about this horrible product which is making all of our cats sick! I stopped on my way home from work to pick up some of the old food and have dumped the RC out of their bowls. We're hoping they will recover from this episode quickly and without any permanent issues. I would caution everyone about the use of this hazardous "food".

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I have a large shepherd/rottweiler mix and he has been on this product for approx 2 years. He has never had any issue with this product. Last 26 # bag I bought through Rx from Pet360 seems to be "off." He refuses to eat and when he does he has a vomiting spell or the food remains totally undigested. Their formula must have changed as he always LOVED this food.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

Our chihuahua has been on Royal Canin Urinary SO dry food for 5 years. This Christmas 2014 I opened a new bag with an expiration date of 23 SEPT 2015.

The dog started refusing the food. Then, when she did eat, she threw it up and developed diarrhea. She has been ill for 10 days, and it just occurred to me that it could be the Royal Canin. I put her on a diet of rice and wet food by a different company, and she is improving over the past 24 hours. I will be contacting Royal Canin tomorrow.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

Our toy poodle has been on the Royal Canin, "Poodle 30" for small poodles for all of her life and it was good. The pet store where we buy it told us last year that they the formula was going to be changed on the food and that we should buy a bag of the new one to mix with the current to gradually accustom our poodle to the change. However, we saw the same bag without any change still in the stores so kept with it.

Our toy poodle started acting like she wasn't feeling well and turning up her nose at the food and walking away. Then she started seeming to be very thirsty and then she did something she's never done before and peed in the house, twice on the same day. We took her to the Vet. and had a complete check up done and found that her urine was dilute and we switched her to a quality food right away. If only we had read the ingredients on the new package when the old one wasn't available any more. So, she was on her new formula for only one week before she showed signs of ill health. It almost seems that the company sold out to a low-grade dog food producer. A warning to all who use the Royal Canin foods for your beloved pets; don't!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2014

My Jack Russell has been eating SO for 3yrs now with no evidence of any issues. He liked the food. I bought a new bag on 11/13/14 and within days my dog began to have vomiting spells right after eating and tremors. He progressively got worse so I took him to the vet. The vet states after X-rays and a physical that they cannot find anything health wise other than food so he needs to start taking eating rice and boiled chicken along with Pepcid ac. He stopped vomiting till I reintroduced the SO in his diet again. This caused explosive pooping. I have contacted royal canin with my concerns.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2014

I have 3 cats, 13 years old. They have been eating combined Maine Coon and Hairball dry food from RC for several years. I recently bought new bags of both (Dec 2014; I buy the large bags, so they last several months). Suddenly both cats are vomiting constantly- the noise is actually waking me at night. They don't get any other food, and they don't go outdoors. Nothing else has changed. I have been very happy with these foods, so it is sad to hear that to save a few dollars, they are willing to kill cats. At a cost of over $150 for the two bags, I expected better quality ingredients, and better control of the presumed quality of the materials they source from other companies.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2014

My cat has eaten a total of 3 bags of Royal Canin Pure Feline over a period of about 4 months. Bought a new bag on 17/12/14 and the very next day after only 2 portions of it, she had become lethargic, had difficulty walking (her rear end was slightly sagging) and was drinking a LOT of water. Took her to the vet where she had a high temperature of 40 deg C. After an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory shot, she is no better 12 hours later. I immediately suspected her condition may be food related which brought me to this site. Not eating anything - boiled up some turkey which she loves, but she hasn't touched it. I fear after reading posts about this food that it may be the cause of whatever the problem is which may be kidney-related. Am going to try her on Science Plan or one of the other recommended dry cat foods today and pray to God she will recover. Vet seeing her again this evening.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

Royal Caning Renal LP feline and Urinary SO feline - I bought a new bag of both of these foods right before Thanksgiving. My 2 Tonkinese cats who are very picky and only eat Royal Canin stopped eating the food. I noticed it was too hard to chew at all and then I tried to HAMMER it to break it into smaller pieces and it would not even break up! My cat tried to show me that it was impossible to eat I think. Now I am force feeding one of them the Royal Canin Renal LP food in cans I had purchased last year for a sick cat and the other cat is eating only Royal Canin dry food that I am grinding in a food processor (but even then, it doesn't break apart much).

Is there a similar food of another brand I can with to that isn't so hard? I just spent $125 on this food in November and I am afraid to use it and the cats are having trouble eating it and the one cat appears to have been starved since November and having read these reports, I think I had better force-feed him another brand or he may die. These Tonkinese cats are very fussy and they were fine before these new bags of food. Now they won't eat the pellets whole because they are too hard as described above. And one of the cats is dying.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

I took my cat in for constipation issues. Her condition had finally returned to normal a couple of days prior to my visit with the Vet but he recommended Royal Canin Gastro dry food and stated the higher fiber content would keep her bowels running smoothly. I expressed my feelings of doubt about Royal Canin foods as they are packed with fillers, preservatives and artificial coloring. I am a firm believer of canned food for cats as they drink little to no water and they need the moisture in their colon and it's proven to keep their kidneys healthier. Plus my cat is fed grain free. I gave in to the vet's insistence and purchased a bag. After 1 month of a gradual increase of food she began to pull her fur out with her teeth on her top hind area and scratching around her neck causing tiny bumps and scabs.

Having to return to the Vet in the 5th week for a vaccination. I discussed a possible food allergy. The Vet said "If it is a food allergy we will never really know which food is causing it." My mouth fell open... Really??? How about halting temporarily the newest change to her diet which was the Royal Canin and see if the problem stops? Instead I was told she has anxiety and recommended and spray pheromone for $106.00. No thank you. I find it truly unethical that Vets become sales people for a pet food company. If they choose to do so then take the responsibility of caring for the pet for free when they become ill from the food they promote. I have stopped the Royal Canin and my cat has stopped scratching and pulling her fur out. What was wrong was obvious. What was upsetting was that the Vet did not step up to the plate. Check the re-calls on this food. They had 11 on a variety of foods in 2006 and 2007 and another re-call for melamine toxicity this year. I will never buy this food ever again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2014

Our dog has IBD and has been on Royal Canin hydrolyzed for 6 months and doing great until we noticed two weeks ago they changed the label and now she has bad diarrhea. I have read that they changed something with this food... Why would they do this?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

Royal Canin Hypoallergenic HP Dry Cat Food - Our Vet recommended to switch our healthy cats from wet food to the RC Hypoallergenic HP Dry Cat Food. Within 3 days the cats started having explosive watery diarrhea. Our vet insisted to continue with the formula. After 10 days both cats stopped eating and would only drink. We immediately switched back to the old food and our cats are immediately better. I do not recommend this product as a safe product for your cat having witnessed a dramatic decline in our cat's health.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2014

My dog has been on Royal Canin Lowfat Gastrointestinal (dry mostly, occasionally wet) for about 4 years now, and we had never had a problem. Our dog took to this food as if he'd been on it all his life, looked forward to eating it, and we were happy to pay the extra cost for such a great food that kept him healthy. We purchase it through his veterinarian. However, in the past year, little by little, things have begun to change. His coat became more dry, he became more itchy, he shed more, and his flares of colitis became more frequent. We chalked it up to him being older and like anyone getting older, he's going to have more health issues. We treated the symptoms that he had with the help of his doctor. The colitis flares and itchiness were much more frequent and much more intense over the past year, though. It was getting to the point where his colitis would flare up, and my family would be puzzled trying to figure out what actually triggered it because it seemed to just randomly flare up recently.

Around Thanksgiving 2014, I opened a new 17.5lb bag of dry RC LF Gastro dog food, and our dog's condition went downhill fast. His coat became more dry, his colitis and gut-noises were worse, and his itchiness was off the charts. Being a dog with a history of pancreatitis, we knew steroids were out of the question. We tried all the safe OTC allergy medicines on him with advice of our vet, and we tried several different shampoos, many different topical treatments, and nothing got better. Our dog's itchiness reached a point where he was like a wild dog! He was doing everything he could to be able to bite himself and scratch himself, and if our hands got in the way, he'd snap at them to get us to move so he could bite himself more. We couldn't leave him, even with an E-collar because he'd still scratch himself, even if he couldn't bite. If he wasn't sleeping from exhaustion, he was itching. He also had a seizure during this time, which we guessed was from the stress he was under.

Our vet finally had to give him a low-dose steroid injection to bring him down from the hyper state he was in. That worked for one day before he woke up with another seizure and the itching came back. The vet gave him another low-dose steroid injection to hold him until she could meet with a dermatologist and come up with a plan for my dog. A treatment plan was developed that contained two options, but both of them would be harmful to my dog's liver and could possibly shorten his life. We agreed we would start that new treatment plan if his itchiness came back once the second shot wore off. The second shot began to wear off about five days after he received it, but we noticed he was grinding his snout into his blankets after every mealtime, so before calling the doctor to put the new treatment plans in place, I decided to try one more thing before doing something that would risk harming his already compromised liver--changing his food. I moved him quickly to his 'safe' food, which we use during bad flares of colitis or pancreatitis. He never has a problem with this mixture, which is equal parts of cooked (and heavily rinsed of all fat) lean ground beef and overcooked mushy rice. I added a little organic 100% pumpkin to his meals as well. Within two days, the itching was easing up. Over the next week, he began to respond to OTC antihistamines again. Then he didn't need those anymore but only needed topical treatments for the occasional itch.

Now we are 9 days into our ground beef/rice/pumpkin test diet (with no royal canin at all being given), and our dog's coat is shiny again, his hair is growing back, he's sleeping through the night, playing in the yard, his eyes are wide and bright, his ears sit up high, he has a bounce in his step, and he needs NO treatment (either oral or topical) for his itchiness, and no e-collar needs to be worn. I can't help but think that something has changed in his Royal Canin food over this past year. If it were a change in my dog, he wouldn't be responding so well to the test diet, I wouldn't think. I feel like my old dog has become a young pup again over the past 9 days. I'm eager to hear if others have experienced something similar. I'm giving 3 stars because this food was always fantastic, and I had no problems with it, but because I'm not sure what is going on with it now, I had to deduct two stars from the 5-star rating I wish I could have given.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2014

I changed my 10-year-old Siamese cat to RC as I believed it was a superior food. She became listless and was vomiting, seemed to have a tender mouth. I did not realize it was the food and took her to the vet and bought another case of RC canned food. I decided to change her food and she immediately perked up. I am angry as I now have purchased expensive food, which I can't use. But at least I have solved the problem before her health deteriorated too far.

Royal Canin Pet Foods Company Information