2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Purina Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2020

My 11 year old cat has eaten Fancy Feast canned food all her life. She does not eat dry food at all. In the past 2-4 months she has been vomiting a lot and I have made numerous vet visits trying to determine the cause. Long story short, we determined it was definitely the Fancy Feast canned food, mostly the sliced chicken with gravy and seafood feast. Once I removed these from her diet all the vomiting stopped. I have read that the ingredients used in that food can come from China and is below standard. My cat suffered needlessly through tons of vet visits and nights of sickness. She is running and playing now and back to her old self. I would not recommend this food to anyone until the standards are quality control checked better.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Kittens died. I have been using Purina cat chow indoor formula. My kittens' stomachs swelled up and exploded. Adult cats are all sick too but they eat the dog's food as well so cat chow is not their only food. A few years back I lost a husky and found out his problem was related to the food he was eating. Purina again.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

My cat has been eating Friskies Pate for 12 years. I purchased the 20 pack from Walmart. The past 5 days my cat has had excessive diarrhea and vomiting. I hadn’t been able to pin point exactly what was up with her until I read these reviews of others going through the same thing! I’ll be changing her food ASAP and demand a recall of 1157!! I’m the one responsible for feeding my cat and I’m unknowingly poisoning her by feeding her friskies pate!

Original review: May 5, 2020

My 9 (and those before them) indoor cats ate Friskies Pate Canned Wet food for decades. Over the last 18 +/- years they turn their noses up at the Friskies Pate Canned food - then I might find a flavor they will eat again - and I buy a case and then they stop eating that as well. Consumers have been telling similar woes all over the internet for at least 18 months. I do not understand why Friskies has not listened - do not know why USA allows this potentially toxic cat food issue to continue - when 1 or 2 don't like a flavor - we say the felines are finicky - when 9 sniff and walk away - there is definitely some foul play going on.

None of my cats have EVER liked Fancy Feast - any flavor. I have been buying every single flavor of Fancy Feast to see if they will eat it - and every can is an epic fail. I throw out and incredible amount of cat food (Friskies and Fancy Feast - both Nestle-Purina) and donate cans as well to people as well. NESTLE-PURINA WAKE UP. Stop lining pockets and make QUALITY CAT FOOD.

Original review: April 28, 2020

The end of February 2020, I bought a small bag of chicken jerky treats at my local Dollar General for my mini schnauzer, Emma. A week later she started having bladder control issues. I assumed she was just getting older..she was 10 years old. After another week she had lumps on both sides of her neck, so I took her to the vet. A blood test was done. She had cancer in her lymph glands..not treatable..life expectancy of 2-3 months, at the best. Two weeks later she was in so much pain, lethargic, not eating, panting, isolating under the bed, clearly unhappy. I spent a horrible night holding her while struggled to breath..a night I can't get out of my mind..and had to make the heart wrenching decision to let her go. That was a month ago and I still can't get my life together. If this product had been recalled when complaints were made in 2012, my Emma would still be with me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

Original review: April 2, 2020

My dog had gotten sick from Beneful soft food before, but we tried the Incredibites dry food and last night he ate about a half cup of food. He was coughing and sneezing all night and in the morning he threw up a few times. Today he is lethargic and confused. I would not recommend this food.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I've used the Friskies wet cat food for decades in shelters. Now it makes the cats throw up blood and get sick. It improved for a few months, now again in MAR 2020. DO something! Animals dying for profit.

Original review: March 12, 2020

After recently losing one of my kitties and having done over 2,500.00 in tests I still don't know what was the cause. I began Googling.... Found this site and all the complaints on Purina with similar to my experience in most of them. These complaints some of them starting in 2014 to just recently REALLY!!!! 6YRS and Purina is still getting away with poisoning our pets. I am a third generation Purina user, we always used their products with no problems but no more this company needs to be held accountable.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

After a week or so of feeding this product to my cat, all of these symptoms arised:

-scooting her butt on the floor leaving skid marks
    -extra stinky poops....like really bad
    -lethargy
    -weird stomach convulsions/belching
    -vomiting (she usually does when she eats to fast though so I overlooked it at first)
    -hair lost its shine

-heavy/strained breathing

I regret not buying a new product sooner. It's a damn shame that lower income/frugal people are unknowingly poisoning their animals at the hands of a large corporation. I'm putting my cats health first, and will be throwing away the remaining 3/4 full bag of Nestle owned toxicity.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I recently started feeding my dog the canned food and noticed he has terrible gas, runny and bloody stool. As I sit here and listen to his stomach tonight I decided to do a little research. Seems like this has been a known issue and nothing is being done. How disappointing and disgusting.

Purina Pet Foods Company Information