3.68/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Purina Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Purina Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: July 20, 2015

I was giving my cat Friskies, but this past time that I went to get it, the store was out of stock, so I opted to get Purina. In just ONE week, my cat has vomited 10 times and he is now refusing to eat. I thought maybe he was sick from something outside, but I tried giving him some tuna and he gobbled it up. I want to be clear, he LOVES dry cat food. In the past, he has NEVER touched anything BUT dry cat food. Even when I have given him wet food, he only lapped up some of the sauce and left the meat. I always thought this was strange, but I figured "to each their own", right?

Well, after doing a little digging (VERY LITTLE - apparently it's rather common), I found that Purina Complete and other Purina products TEND to make pets sick. So, why are they still making their food this way?! I am upset that a company with such a good reputation has stooped to fillers that make animals sick. I guarantee that the response to this would be that only 1/100 cats have gotten sick in testing. Let me ask you a question then: would you feed your baby, cousin, uncle, or yourself something that, when tested, showed that 1/100 people got sick, bloated, vomited blood, puked, etc? I'm going to bet that's a no.

Original review: July 18, 2015

We have been feeding Purina's top of the line food Pro Plan Selects Turkey & Barley for many years & all my babies love it! We always have anywhere from 3-6 dogs as I do dog rescue & always recommend this food but only Purina's Pro Plan. This problem started about 3 weeks ago when I opened 2 33lb bags of the Selects Turkey & Barley food. I immediately smelled a chemical smell from both bags. 2 of my 3 dogs would not eat it but I didn't let anyone eat it. I returned to Petsmart & exchanged for 2 other bags of Pro Plan Selects Turkey & Barley & headed home.

One bag had the old packaging but the date was good. One bag had the new packaging like the 2 bags I returned. I opened the new packaging bag & I smelled that awful smell again! I opened the old packaged bag & it smelled normal so I fed it to my 3 guys. I store their food in the original bag in an air tight container & I opened the container to feed them & the whole inside was filled with maggots (or so I thought). This was at night so I ran to Petsmart to return & get another brand of food. My husband told me to take pictures of the worms & it turns out they were Grain Worms! UGH!

I contacted Purina & they were very nice. They sent me a Test Kit in the mail for the food that had the awful smell but I doubt I'll hear anything about that food. I now believe that batch of food was sprayed with a chemical to kill the Grain Worms because all those bags had new packaging. I am having a horrible time trying to find a dry dog food that they will all eat & it agrees with them. The night I was in a rush I quickly looked at ingredients of other dry foods & grabbed a bag of Blue. They loved it but it does not agree with their tummies. I was wanted to warn others that I pray will read this! Thank You.

Original review: July 18, 2015

Fancy Feast has changed the contents of the Appetizer brand. It was great and cats loved it. Now it smells like garbage and looks terrible. My cats will not eat it. Fancy Feast doesn't care. I have called multiple times and just sit on hold. Sad.

Original review: July 16, 2015

Our min pin became sick, vomiting and diarrhea around time of new bag of food. $900 later of vet bills and one week on prescription diet. Back on Pro Plan for two days and vomiting again. Pro Plan for sensitive stomachs. Anyone else with this experience? Going back to talk to vet about switching food.

Original review: July 15, 2015

My cats became extremely ill vomiting and blood in stool... we couldn't figure it out. Then my son found articles about it causing cats to get sick and even die. I called Purina... and they asked for a lot number, said ok... and sent me 3 coupons for free food of Purina like I would USE it. How they have gotten away with killing animals I have NO idea...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

Original review: July 14, 2015

Purina Kit & Kaboodle dry food - I can't even count the amount of times my husband would come home from work to see neon coloured cat vomit on his computer chair. There would be neon coloured cat vomit all down the sides of the cat tower, in random places around the house and on our white carpet (and that stuff's not easy to clean up)... We just thought it was normal. It was our chubby cat that puked the most and he eats really quickly - so we just thought hey, he must be eating too fast. The dry food wasn't even chewed when it came out - it looked pretty much like it had just come out of the bag so it was pretty unmistakable that it was the Kit & Kaboodle food that was being thrown up.

Well anyway, after seeing Purina in the news we decided to switch to Goodlife. This was about 4 or 5 months ago and there hasn't been 1 single pile of vomit ANYWHERE. Looking back on it, it was most definitely the Purina Kit & Kaboodle that was causing all of our cats stomach problems. And I have to say, I feel pretty lucky that that was the only problem we had. I will not be buying anymore Purina cat food for our kitties. We have even stopped giving them Fancy Feast which is a shame because they actually enjoyed that.

Original review: July 12, 2015

My cat has Been on Purina One Just for a week before he acted strange. He's been more temperamental and acts like he's bipolar because one second he's sweet the next he's irritated to the point if you even play with him with his favorite toys. When he wanted to play he's OK for a minute or two then he get kind of aggressive and will just scratch his and bite almost to the point of blood. And he was always sweet and loving. I need someone's advice on good dry and canned cat food for a $30 monthly Budget because he's not himself. He puked twice last week. Yellow stuff that smelled horrible.

Original review: July 9, 2015

My little Sassy is a reg. miniature Dachshund. Ever since she was 6 weeks old she has gone to same vet and been under the wellness program. Every 6 months goes for a check-up and test and shots. She needed to lose a couple of lbs, so used your diet food. She lost hair too. Been under doc care ever since first two spots. $$ adding up. I am pissed. Doc says liver counts up too. Been going to vet since March. Three bags total. Started before CHRISTmas. She had ate Pedigree all her life till these actually 21/2 bags trashed the rest...

UPDATED ON 08/19/2015: My emotions are in different directions. I miss my Sassy so bad, BUT THEN I GET SO ANGRY BECAUSE I EVER FEED HER PURINA LIGHT AND HEALTHY. I have never shared what we have been going through. Gabrielle Sassafras ** (Sassy or Sassafras) was born on Dec. 31, 2004. Registered red miniature dachshund. Spoiled rotten and a Gran/Randy baby. Sassy has been on the Wellness Program all of her life, 10 yrs. 8 months and 10 days, (every six months she has a complete exam and up date on all her shots). NEVER been sick a day in her whole life.

I believe in August 26 she was 2 1/2 lbs overweight at Doc visit. When your legs are barely 2 inches long that can be a problem. Sassy has ate Pedigree dry and Turkey pouch all of her life. In late Sept I decided to switch dry Pedigree with PURINA Dog Chow Light & Healthy slowly with a small portion of her Turkey pouch. By February she had lost her weight and looking great, but noticed her little tummy would swell a little (thought it might be the fiber in food).

Then two small spots come up on her middle back near her neck. I thought she got stung by a wasp (had seen a couple already). It was just a few days until her 6 month appointment, so on March 25, 2015 we went to see doc - excited to show him she lost weight, Rexie lost a little, and take her Roxie (kitty) for her first shots, but concerned about the two spots by each other. Got a extra shot and salve for two small spots on Sassy's back. Over next couple weeks it got worse, but shot was a 10 day antibiotic.

I decided to stop PURINA and go back to her pedigree… JUST A FEELING. Did a little research on PURINA website and found other dogs had weird skin rashes on back eating it. More I read the more upset I got... Dogs were dying! Liver damage! Rexie was ok, but he did have a seizure on my birthday in January. It is also one of the things some did. I wasted no time, back to doc. I told doc about what I read. On April 17 doc took more test. 3 bottles of meds, special bath soap, and more salve, her liver count was up. It was weird stuff her hair was coming off in sections, skin felt like thick not real skin. Couple weeks later May 1, more steroids (had just finished her other meds and steroids), doc cleaned of sections. Now it was wide and almost all the way down back, a little under arms, it was so sad. But she was still happy, active and wagging that tail. Taking special baths 2 to 3 times a week. Nothing could make her down. I noticed tummy was swelling more when she ate. More water and bathroom, but steroids do that. Things was looking much better.

She loved walking in yard in the fence, running through the grass. If grass got 2 inches Randy would mow again to keep moisture off her belly and underarms. Hair was starting to come back slowly on back, belly/chest was going through process just like back but I was still noticing belly puffing. Had to watch heat and sun on her back. This little dog loved sun bathing. She had her sunbathing plan every summer, brown as a little berry, lol, swimming and tanned at end of summer. She got a little upset we would not let her do much this year. I was scared she could sunburn, not much hair, walked some with umbrella. July seemed she did not want to climb her little steps to couch anymore. She would sleep in her little nap bed - not normal, always by her Gran/Randy.

August 5, Wednesday, she woke up and was going to potty, I noticed she was limping a little on back right leg. We thought ok she must have hurt it. That night she woke me up to go potty. I helped her by carrying, seemed she was not getting around very well at all, prayed it would get better. Thursday little slower, I told Randy that evening I thought she had a mini stroke in her back leg or side. That did not go well. I told him I thought he needed to get prepared and that did not go well at all. Just that feeling and watching Rexie and Roxie going over to her checking on her. She did not eat all of her food, not a good sign - usually have to guard Rexie so he can finish. I was up and down with her all night helping her get around.

Friday Randy said he thought I was right about a stroke. We were really helping her around more. Randy decided to give her some of her Turkey pouch for breakfast, just because and she ate. I was a little worried because of tummy puffy. Not long, she got sick. Randy brought her to pool later that evening and we let her swim gently in my arms working her back leg hoping it would help. She liked it. Later, she did not want a hi-ho cracker. Randy really got upset. She will maul you for one. I fixed her pure chicken and rice to see if she would eat, still drinking water and potting ok. She did eat a little. Up all night with her sick. I don't think she kept any of it.

Saturday still a little sick. Would not eat anything. Scotty and Renee' come over to see her. She loved that, always loves the babies to come. She barked a little bark in excitement when Sibby, Hannah, and Triston come over - she always does. Shane come home worried about her. She was excited to see Shane, new gray pound puppy! Rexie got a new baby and Roxie (kitten) got in bag and found hers before Shane could give her present to her. It is like Santa Claus, they do learn. Aunt Shane brings surprises. I stayed up all night in recliner, helping my sweetie. She is very independent, but would get tired fast, that is just me. I think I can read puppy minds. No one can do it but me, stubborn! She would not eat her supper and Rexie knew she would not eat, he always goes and gets her. It is a game for him. He is a year younger than her and 30+ lbs to her 10 but he come set down waiting quietly, not normal.

Sunday still helping her a bunch. Randy and Shane could see the change from Friday to Sunday was huge - getting weaker. She wanted to go outside on deck late Sunday evening. I had gone to swim a few minutes leg was really swelled on me. I would call her and she would look straight at me and little tail would wag and eyes sparkle three times or more. She loved being out there, walked a little, tummy more puffy and had not ate.

From Sunday morning to Sunday night she was so tiny but tummy not. She rested in her bed, but if the kids or anybody called her name she looked straight at them with a little wag. She was getting weaker. We all told her separately, found out later, she could go to doggy heaven if she needed to. Coby, Tex, and Lucky would be there waiting for her. About 1:48 am, she left us. Never had been sick a day in her life! Pics one on stool, March. The rash pics July. The pic with puppy's Saturday night. Pic with her little brown pup was Sunday afternoon. No more pics, it got too bad before she passed away.

Original review: July 9, 2015

The consequences are we have now lost two cats due to this awful nasty food. These two cats were doing fine before eating this and then not, 2 days are not eating, getting sickly, not going to the bathroom, and then sadly having to now put down the second kitty due to this. This needs to be investigated ASAP, animals are dying due this so called food and I am not the only one having this issue. Something needs to be done and SOON!!! IT WAS THE PURINA PRO PLAN NEW BRAND.

Original review: July 6, 2015

Moved in with a new roommate who already had a cat. My cat was eating another brand of food and was perfectly fine until I moved in and roommate and I split a purchase of the 25 lb bag of Purina Complete Cat Chow from local Sam's Club in St. Petersburg, FL. Now both cats are repeatedly ill and throwing up after eating this food. Terrible! Will never buy this brand again!

Original review: July 4, 2015

I bought my li'l Oscar some Purina puppy chow. It made him so sick, he was vomiting and had diarrhea so bad we thought he had Parvo but come to find out it was this dog food I just bought. He only had very little and he got so sick. I had to force fluids down him all night to keep him from dehydration. I'm so upset they damn near killed my baby. If he was human they would have a lawsuit but he is just a dog.. Well, he isn't to me and my life was turned upside down for three long days. Not to mention the pain he was in and the worry and stress me and my daughter went through. Purina, you should be closed down. I'm so upset and terrified to feed my baby any dog food. I'm going to seek damages and reimbursement for the damages you have done to us. You need to eat your product and go through what he went through.

Original review: June 29, 2015

My male cat had crystals in the urine & almost died a painful death. This cat food was the right one that he would eat. He had a $1400 surgery to save his life. This is a PATE, not something with gravy & is now diluted with much water. More food is needed. This is unacceptable. I will have to order 4 cases instead of 3 because of their greed -- something I cannot afford. Shame on them.

Original review: June 29, 2015

I am disappointed in the fact that you have changed the packaging from a recyclable product (cardboard boxes) to plastic at a time when the world's landfill rubbish dumps are full of plastics that don't degrade. Also my pet refuses to eat the new dry food. He used to love the cheese flavoured one. I have now got to purchase Whiskers and hope that I can find a flavour that will suit my pet's fussy taste. Thank you for feeding my pets for the past 20 years and it is with regret that I am no longer a satisfied customer.

Original review: June 28, 2015

I have been feeding my dogs Purina Lamb and Rice for several years. This last week with this new formula, my chihuahua nine years old and my lab Shepherd mix, one year old both suffered complications from eating this food, as I gave them nothing else. The chihuahua had to be taken in to emergency for dehydration and put on intravenous fluids for two days along with receiving antibiotics for a now kidney infection, the lab also had diarrhea and vomited, and I now have been having to cook them a very bland diet which consist of home boiled chicken and rice and some veggies. The vet bill was over $700.00 and I can only confirm that this happened because of the food they were eating. The puppy did not get sick as he was eating only puppy food. But the other two who only ate the Purina Lamb and Rice formula did get sick.

Original review: June 28, 2015

One of my dogs needed to lose a few pounds, so I took some time to look at some lower calorie product offerings. One was Purina Light & Healthy, which proudly announced it was made "with real chicken" on the front of the bag. As I always do, I turned the bag over to read the ingredients, which I believe are shown with the most prevalent ingredient first, and so on down the list. What an eye-opener!

Here are the first ten ingredients: Whole Grain Corn, Soybean Hulls, Soybean Meal, Meat & Bone Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Soybean Germ Meal, Corn Germ Meal, Egg & Chicken Flavor, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken. There is more Chicken Flavor than Chicken in Purina Light & Healthy! The average consumer would never suspect they were buying a product with "real chicken" as the tenth ingredient. Purina would be doing all pet owners a significant service if they would clearly display the first three ingredients on the front of the bag, instead of hiding it in small print on the back of the bag. Not just for their Light & Healthy, but for every one of their products.

Original review: June 27, 2015

I bought Purina dog chow for my English bulldog because he ran out of his regular dog food. And I need time to wait until payday to get his normal food Nutro. Well after fours days of this food my son and I wake up to finding our beloved dog dead. He has tried other foods in the past without a problem and after Purina he is dead!

Original review: June 25, 2015

I have a miniature schnauzer and she is 11 years old. She had started being very unsocial, lethargic and no brightness in her eyes. Saw your commercial and decided to try it. We could not believe it but we noticed a difference in her in just a few days. She has been on this food for about 3 weeks and what a difference. She has a light in her eyes and is starting to play with our other dog. I am thrilled with the results.

Original review: June 24, 2015

My cat throws up all dry food, so I started giving her Blue Wilderness canned wet food. She doesn't throw it up, but it's a pain because she wants to eat a little at a time, all day long. I saw the commercial for Cat Chow Gentle and I had her try it. It's great because she doesn't throw it up. But, suddenly I started noticing "skid marks" on the carpet around the litterbox. The food is making her poop thicker and stickier. She's a short haired cat, it's not sticking to her fur, it's sticking to her butt. So, now she's wiping her butt on our floors. I think I'm going to go back to the Blue Wilderness wet food. Feeding her a million times a day is a lot better than steam cleaning poop-skid-marks off the carpet every day.

Original review: June 24, 2015

I've had my kitty coming up on a year now. I'm not sure exactly how old she was, because she just kinda wandered up in my yard one day and I took her in, but she was a healthy cat for sure. She would hack up hairballs every now and again but nothing out of the ordinary. Anyway, I started her on Friskies party mix crunch. I figured it's a nationally recognized brand and it sounded good. We gave her a few treats the first night we got them and when we woke up we found vomit on our carpet. I thought okay maybe she just ate too much and gorged herself. She was acting normal and loving all over us. The next day we gave her some more treats. Shortly after she started screaming and throwing up... Within 15 min of the crying she was dead... That's when I Googled their product for reviews and found a lot of people are having these issues... Something should be done. How do we get this off the shelf?! I want some kind of resolve!!!

Original review: June 22, 2015

My dog had his first seizure that lasted for 4 MINUTES after the VET gave him "temporary" dog food for his urinary stones after his operation. I AM APPALLED, DISGUSTED, and MAD! I asked them, did they KNOW that Purina has been linked to these reports of seizures??? They said NOTHING, except that it was just temporary dog food until the new brand arrives. I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH!

Original review: June 20, 2015

My daughter’s kitten was a Christmas gift, a 12 wk. $1800 Persian. I bought some Purina indoor cat food when the store was out of Max's regular food. Max started throwing up the same night & looked like he had the runs. This was Friday night 6/19/2015. Next day 6/20/2015 I found Max on the floor not moving but cried when he saw me. Rushed Max to vet right then. Turns out the runs was bloody stools, & the vet said Max was in shock & even at the ANIMAL HOSPITAL Max was dying & I should put him down. I am paying for the cause of Max's death on Monday. The food was good till Sept 2016. This kitten was my 6 YR. OLD'S Christmas gift. What am I going to tell my daughter?

Original review: June 20, 2015

I contacted Purina online CSR to let her know my dog's new feed so heavily advertised for dogs over 7 was something he (a dachshund who loves food) won't take more than 2 bites of, and his health started deteriorating. I asked for a refund (it was over $20 at Wal-Mart) and a recommendation of an alternative older dog food. As a 20+ year user of Purina for dogs and horses, I will NEVER buy their product again. She couldn't even remember if it was a cat or a dog, and it was in the first line. Like being grilled at the Nuremburg trial and after 30 min, with a bad heart, I had to get offline. My dog became lethargic, listless, and less alert on this food. And he's always been healthy and good to go. SHAME on Purina/Nestle.

Original review: June 17, 2015

This company sold and continues to sell Waggin Train Chicken Jerky and Canyon Creek Chicken Jerky AFTER hundreds of complaints about sick and dying pets. They pulled the items from shelves for a couple of months to let things die down and put them back in March of 2014. I called them they assured me that the removal from the shelves was self-imposed and their product was 100% safe. I fed them to my dog who loved them and she became ill. I did not connect it at first so when she recovered I gave her another one over several days, my oldest Cat would steal pieces of it. Well my dog became ill for several days and my cat ended up with kidney failure and was put to sleep in October.

A few months ago my dog took deathly ill and I spent a week on the floor with her spooning teaspoons of water into her mouth to keep her from becoming dehydrated. And sleeping on the floor with her (she is a Chihuahua) because she was taking seizures and I didn't want her to fall off the bed. When she recovered and I began feeding her the normal food she took ill again and had a relapse, I thought I would lose her. I finally figured out it was the dog food and stopped it. Yesterday I found out that Beneful (which was what I had been feeding her) was under recall. Seriously, and then yesterday they announced this same Brand, in India has recalled noodles because they have high levels of lead in them. They have antifreeze additive in the Beneful and whatever else in the Jerky.

This company has refused to remove the items from the shelves. Contact with them gets reduced to threats of blocking from facebook and announcements that they are the largest food company in the world. I asked them if that was a threat to me or an announcement that they are untouchable. They state they are 100% safe yet animals are sick and dying. Something needs to be done. They have graduated from careless disregard of manufacturing and processing practices of animal products to human food. They will end up killing someone, and then what??? We cry after the fact. They need to be reorganized they need to be inspected constantly and they need to start bringing their policies of food manufacturing into safe guidelines or they need to be shut down!!!

I have attached some posts from their Facebook pages yesterday. All they are interested in is shutting me up, including telling me how big they are. I asked if that was a threat or an announcement that they are untouchable. There is a problem here. They have gone from animals to humans. If they were a person we would be looking at them as potential serial killers. But since they are a company they are getting away with a slap on the wrist and being allowed to lie. In January the FDA went after them for several issues and they responded with their usual everything is great rhetoric. The FDA responded with that won't work with us and you have 15 days to... There is a copy of that letter on the FDA site. This company is going to end up killing someone with their complete disregard of life. And they will at that time apologize for the people's loss and stand by they are 100% safe!!!

They are putting anything that save them money in the food. Antifreeze additives in the dog food, whatever they have in the jerky and now lead in the noodles they are selling in India. What is their response on one of the posts? "Oh that is in India not the US." So what that makes it better? People in India don't deserve to have safe food? Pets and Pet owners don't deserve to feel safe? The FDA is not making them pull the products as of yet. But if enough consumers make enough noise they will have no choice. And if it takes me leading the band then so be it. If someone becomes deathly ill on their food, if one more animal dies like my beautiful Maine Coon Cassie or ends up with lingering seizures like my girl Chia it is not going to be because I sat and did nothing!!!

Original review: June 14, 2015

I have put canned food on my dogs' dry food for years, as a treat. Today, I picked up a can of Purina gravy cravers lamb canned food by mistake. Normally I buy beef, and I didn't notice it until too late. Three hours after feeding my dogs, both were vomiting multiple times. They were with me, in the house, all day, because it was pouring rain out today. I am sure they didn't get into anything outside, and I don't use anything in the yard that would hurt them. I can only attribute the gastric problem to this new food. I have given them various brands of canned beef dog food over the years (they are 8 and 9 yrs old), with no problems. Something is not right with this canned food I bought today. I will be returning it to the store tomorrow and suggesting it be removed from the shelves. If this continues and I need to seek veterinary help, you will know.

Original review: June 10, 2015

After reading these review I decided I needed to post one as well. I recently purchased a large bag of Purina Kitten Chow. Noticed that one of my cats got sick... just thought it might have eaten too quickly or had a hairball. But then one after another they all began to vomit and have very yellow watery stools. I knew they didn't get into anything and could not figure out anything different that could have caused this till my husband said "it's got to be the food." I stopped feeding the food and went and got a new bag and the vomiting stopped. The stools are starting to get back to normal. I called Purina and told them I believe their food caused my cats/kittens to be sick. They asked for the UPC code and Mfg Code and Good till this date info but didn't seem shocked that this could happen or anything.

The lady I spoke with said she would pass information to department that handles but I have not heard a word from them. I did ask her if they wanted the food back to test to see if there was something wrong with it and she said no. I asked her if I should return to the store so they can pull the rest from their shelves and she replied "if you want." I did return the remaining bag to the store for a refund and let them know the food was bad. So now after seeing all these reviews I will never get this food for my cats/kittens again. I just hate to think what would have happened had I kept feeding this to them.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I was feeding my three cats Purina Indoor formula for cats. After a while they started throwing up. I didn't think much of it since two of my cats are over ten. Then my kitten started throwing up a yellow bile looking substance. My other cats would throw up either the food chunks or a white foam. It got to the point I just left my carpet cleaner out since it was an everyday occurrence. I was also noticing one of them was having a bloody stool in the litter box.

Last week I tried a new (non-Purina brand) cat food. NONE of them have had ANY issues of vomiting or bloody stool. On a hunch I Googled Purina making my cat ill and it came to this page. I was shocked. My cats experienced everything the other 1,000+ people did. I am so thankful I didn't lose any of my pets. How is this poison on the market still?

Original review: June 6, 2015

I fed my dog Purina Pro Plan chicken for small dogs. My dog is a 7-month old healthy poodle. A few hours after eating, she became very lethargic, stumbling and refusing to drink water, or walk. An overnight visit to the vet ruled out diabetes or seizures. The vet thinks it was an external source that caused this. We didn't figure it out until we brought our dog home and we were going to feed her and found bugs in the sealed container of food. I thought it was just a one time thing until I went online and found others. I will be pursuing Purina for the 350 dollars that I spent at the vet.

Original review: June 5, 2015

I started buying fancy feast coz my cat has lost some of his teeth so I figured, I'll get him can food. So I noticed right after feeding him the food he was acting strange, like have small seizures but I'm like no way. But I gave him another can that evening and the same thing happened, so I threw away all the cans I had and I will never buy that product again. I think it needs removed from shelves NOW!!! I love my cat so much and I will not lose him over bad cat food.

Original review: June 4, 2015

In the past month I have been finding greenish-blackish particles in the Friskies pat. I have found them in 3 cans of poultry platter, one can of liver & chicken, and one can of country style dinner. I have taken photos of everything I've found as well as saving the particles and the cans they came from. I have 15 more cans from the same lot. I have reported it to the FDA and got no response from them. I reported it to Purina. They sent me coupons for free cans and they also sent mailers so I could mail the particles in for testing. They told me it will take 6 to 8 weeks for results. In my opinion there needs to be a recall on this food. It is polluted with God knows what. I know that I will not be feeding Friskies anymore.

Original review: June 1, 2015

I ran out of my regular dog food, and as I live in a rural area, I didn't have the time to run into the big city and buy it. So I bought a little bag of Purina Dog Chow at the local store. I dished up a bowl of it at lunchtime. When I got home from work, there was diarrhea all over the house! My dog had only eaten a couple bites and had diarrhea within 4 hours! Her diarrhea was mucousy and bloody. And it took a couple days to clear, even without any more Purina! I'm just happy she only took a couple bites!! Is it the food coloring?

Purina Pet Foods Company Information