3.70/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Purina Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Purina Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

In the 40 some odd years of having as many as eight dogs at once, I could and still can always rely on Purina in providing them with a well balanced diet that is also affordable. Purina is a mainstay in our household!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

Not sure yet if it's Purina canned food affecting my dog but after reading these horrendous stories, I'm going first thing in the morning and buying different foods. My dog has been having terrible anal gland issues, gas, stomach noises and tonight after eating, a rash on his lip and acting a little strange. Oh, and he HAS been drinking lots of water. I'm hoping having him on this a month hasn't damaged him. I will let you know how it goes. And I know I shouldn't drastically change his food but I don't dare give him 1 more morsel of Purina. At least until I know!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

For about the past month, my cats have been throwing up the Friskies brand cat food in a can. I continue to purchase at least 32 cans per week because I am feeding 5+ cats total. Now, they totally refuse to eat it and it lays around till I throw it away. This is getting expensive and I am considering the 9 lives brand. I have written the Purina company about this and all I got was a letter about sending in control numbers stamped on the can and which I did, but haven't heard from them since!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

My springer spaniel is almost 7, so I decided to change her food and bought Pro Plan Vitality for dogs over 7. She ate one serving about 11 am and was rushed to the vet at 2:30 pm with hives, swollen face, panting furiously, whimpering, frantic, and with fully dilated and glazed over eyes. She's at the vet overnight and I will know tomorrow if she's ok. Don't risk buying this food for your pets.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2015

I was feeding my 14 year old Lab Purina Beneful Healthy Weight after needing to buy a less expensive food due to financial hardship. My dog became very sick after introducing this food to his diet. He had trouble walking, diarrhea & vomiting. I researched the food and found other owners with these experiences. We immediately stopped the food and my dog got better. He can walk again, is no longer vomiting, and no diarrhea.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2015

I had been feeding my pitbull Purina Puppy Chow for the last 7 months and thought I would start weaning him off the puppy chow and start him on an adult dog food. He had been on Purina Dog Chow for about a week and started throwing up one night and as the night went on, it gradually became worse. He started vomiting blood by morning and was not responsive to any touch or commands. I immediately contacted my vet and brought him in to be checked. Every test that they ran came back negative. He stayed at the vet for 2 days on IV and then I was able to bring him home.

In 2010 I had a miniature weenie dog that experienced the same problems but more severe. She was having seizures every 5 minutes and had to be taken to Auburn University. After 2 weeks at Auburn, they diagnosed her with encephalitis. She ended up staying there for 2 months and I spent almost $10,000.00 in vet bills. She came home but had to take a seizure medicine 2x a day and steroids. She lived for 3 more years and I ended up having to have her put to sleep from a seizure that left her deaf and blind. I chose my pets, they don't chose me. And when they become ill, it breaks my heart to see them suffer in any way. However in 2010, I was financially able to provide Nadia with the care she needed. Now I'm not able to do the same for Tucker, my new dog. And if I had known in 2010, when my little girl became ill that the dog food was the reason, I would have pursued it further. Why hasn't this food been pulled from their shelves?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

I have fed 2 dog Purina ONE dog food for a number of years. Luckily they were on Kirkland high fiber during the recall of Beneful last year so we missed that. However we tried a bag of Purina pure blends natural instinct and are in the midst of horrific consequences from that choice. It started with spot on symptoms of acid reflux in my littler of the 2 dogs. This lasted about 12 hours and he now seem to be fine as frog's hair. My other dog had no issues until this morning. While out she had explosive voids out of both of her ends. While cleaning that up she had bloody diarrhea and has had to pass that about once an hour for the last couple hours. The food has been the only change in her activities and diet. I feel so bad, because she is hurting right now. My wife and I try our best to give both of our dogs a good life. We put them on the Purina One blends thinking this was a good product for them.

After reading some of these reviews and having our own experience we now know otherwise. I know that to some they are just dogs, but like many others our dogs are an integral part of our family. I took it a step further and continued to read horror story after another on many major brands of kibble. We are currently feeding a chicken and rice diet for the next couple days, but will never buy another Purina product again. There seems to be little point in contacting the manufacturer as the response is scripted and I sure do not want a coupon or replacement of the product. How sad that animal food manufacturers have such low empathy towards animals.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

My 2 1/2 year old perfectly healthy American Staffordshire Terrier Archer is in a battle for his life after 2 days of eating Purina Alpo Prime Cuts. A very large Vet bill and 3 days later with nothing else to be done!!!! Your company needs to pay for what he's had to endure and suffer through. Vomiting, bloody diarrhea, lethargic, drooling bile, breathing problems and uncontrolled shaking! Everyone that works for that company and knows they're killing innocent beautiful babies should have to suffer the same. Not to mention what his family has had to endure watching him suffer!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

We have a 7 yr old Chiweenie who we've fed Purina One for as long as I can remember. 2 weeks ago she started getting ill, loose stool lethargic, won't eat/drink some days or will drink a lot, flinches when we'd touch her belly, very loud gurgling noises from her belly and terrible gas. 2 weeks ago we also bought a new bag of Purina One 3 in 1 SmartBlend Healthy Weight Formula. Today I took her to the vet because she wasn't getting better. Vet did a blood panel and fecal test. Blood panel showed she was a bit dehydrated and then her fecal matter was black and tarry. She's now on antibiotics, probiotics, prescription dog food and one other medicine.

I just remembered the recall on their Beneful brand and looked it up... Very similar problems with our pup, so I am just going by other accounts of animals getting ill and their symptoms but it seems clear to me that my dog's illness is related to the dog food. Too many similarities to not think so. Now I'm on the search for a better brand. We will no longer buy Purina.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2015

I have 2 cats who I've feed Purina for over a year now. I was feeding them the indoor complete but, last time I went to PetSmart they didn't have it so I ended up with the naturals kind with added nutrition and minerals. I actually didn't even consider the food as being a culprit until approximately 2 days ago when my 2 year old cat started throwing up. I was actually talking to a friend who was telling me about her dog having really bad poisoning from her food and how she had to nurse her back to health forcing water down and feeding her by hand piece by piece, but she said that it was all from the dog food a Purina brand - that's actually one of the first time questions she asked me is what kind of food I was feeding them while continuing to tell me how bad Purina was as I told her it was also Purina. She advised me to take the food away.

At the time I didn't really believe it was the cat food so I proceeded to look it up and then that's where I also ended up here amongst some others and started reading other people's experiences and how their pet were all dying. This is what stuck out most to me because at the beginning of the month which was a couple days after I had got the new food for them, the first day the younger one threw up but I didn't think much about it because he's super active and on occasion will vomit which I just associated with his activity and stuff. But the 2nd I noticed my older cat was looking thinner and as it just so happens that night I witnessed him leave the litter box in a very weird position - his back legs were folded up kind like a frog but super close to him and up higher so that his butt was actually hitting the ground and he was almost bouncing across the floor.

As he passed me I noticed a black looking thing still in his butt so I immediately caught up to him. After finding some rubber gloves to see if there was something there, needless to say I saw nothing. After that night he was chasing lasers eating drinking all normal. I saw him urinate but didn't try to go further that night. He just came and lay by me. The next day he didn't do anything but sleep by me. I tried to get him to eat - no interest but would lick his lips. At that point he was still barely drinking water. Come later that night he started to throw up a brown liquid and then had got up to use the bathroom so I followed him to see if he was going to go but he couldn't. He tried to push and nothing then he started to whine and looked to be in pain then proceeded to just come and sleep on me, more than through the night he was looking dehydrated.

I knew he wasn't passing anything then now he wasn't eating, drinking and playing so I ended up at the animal clinic that night with him. They ended up doing an x-ray and found what as a coil shell shape thing. He showed it to me and we came to the conclusion it was probably a rubber band so they gave him some iv fluids that night and wanted him back the next day. I didn't bring him back that day because I knew he hadn't passed it, as well as now he was drinking water and eating on his own a bit. Then the next day I brought him back in. They did another x-ray and couldn't find the object that time, so being that we knew it hadn't passed and he's not eating or drinking they ended up admitting him in to the hospital that night so he could get iv fluids and then they were going to run barium through him to help the x-rays show anything or find any blockage.

Well needless to say the barium went all the way through and they didn't find anything nor did he pass it. They called me early the next morning to come get him because he was not eating there and seemed really scared but they said the next thing that they would do is try blood work in a couple days to see if they could find something out. Actually since after spending 1000.00 they didn't help any. I actually think he was better before taking him in there. They gave me some wet food by iv to try and help with his digestive system and to get him eating again. My next option from them was blood work starting at like $450, in a week for follow up. I didn't have the money to pay for that after the thousand they already took to basically help none.

He ended up passing something and had white hard stool along with it. He was still just whining in pain though and loud which is weird because he's a silent cat pretty much. He slept by me that night, the next day I had him eating the wet food but still not drinking so I poked a hole in a water bottle lid and was squirting water down his throat but at a rate he was drinking it on his own. I did that a couple days then the 3rd day, I had him eating and drinking all on his. He did it in small amounts but it came time to go to the follow up and I decided not to take him in at that point since I knew he passed the object and was finally starting to do stuff on his own. I didn't want to reverse it, bringing him back and told them if shows any signs of needing help.

He was okay the next couple days then he was back to not doing anything, wouldn't leave my side, always wanting to lie down so a few days in to that I started trying to find ways for crowd funding or help to make a payment to the vet so I could bring him in with no luck so I was keeping him alive best I could. I had bought some canned Friskies and treats to see if that would help. He ate some. I ended up still giving him water through a baby nose cleaner suction ball thing. It worked out well and my other cat was licking the gravy off of the can food but eating the wet food and he threw up again but it looked to be just the dry food. By this point though my older cat was becoming really frail losing weight, his eyes, ears and gums were growing pale and seeming to be anemic. I actually was giving him some honey to keep him from possible hypoglycemia.

At that point I really didn't know what to do. I couldn't afford to get my cat the testing needed and knew he was close to dying. After trying for days I was finally able to get some help from family to get him seen. About 10 minutes after that my younger cat threw up again. So that brings me back to the beginning of how the food idea was brought to my attention which was yesterday. I ended up bringing them both in last night. They finally did a blood screen and urine. They admitted my older cat with renal failure having super high protein levels and a red blood count of 17% 3.9 and anemic. They checked over my younger cat but didn't do any further testing then flv but left his case open to watch him because he's having eye and nose drainage some too. Right now my cat is on a 48 hour watch being hospitalized monitored and getting fluids.

Latest update I had his red blood cell count was at 15% and he was on the verge of needing a blood transfusion. They did have some good news that his anemia is regenerative and they were waiting to see if he was going to try and make them on his own - to not need the transfusion. He's supposed to get an ultrasound on Monday if needed to make sure there's not something further if the fluids aren't helping and possibly getting him some other medicine.

But as the last kicker I got home and my younger cat then passed blood in his stool so I immediately called them back and they told me that I need to get him in for blood work to make sure there's not something further wrong with him like possible kidney issues. So now I'm trying to get him seen today too to make sure he's not going to die. After again I had to pay 750 dollars last night as down payment and for vet services but now I get to go pay another 200+ for blood work and go from there. Someone needs to start some kind of way to serve them justice for their neglecting lives of our loved ones and well being of our animals as well humanity.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2015

I fed my 4 dogs the treats and two hours later they threw up the treats and white foam. After having the treats, they would go lie down and they normally don't do that. They started dry heaving and gagging. A couple days later since their condition did not improve and actually worsened, I called Purina to file a complaint and asked for reimbursement of my expenses due to this product, which includes a vet visit and antibiotics. Their eyes were watery and swollen shut. The vet found that they have a bacterial infection due to the treats.

He prescribed cephalexin 500mg. 1000mg for Moe, Black Lab and a 1000mg for Sasha, German Shepherd every 12 hours. Both are service dogs. For Charlie, Jack Russell Terrier 250mg every 12 hours for 7 days. The vet gave it to Charlie immediately because his skin was starting to fall off. His skin was pink in areas throughout his body and also his eyes turned red. He is also the one that I gave the most treats. Max, Charlie's brother, a Chihuahua mix dog is also on the same antibiotic and same dose as Charlie.

It may seem like a head cold but if your pets experience any of these symptoms, take them to the vet immediately as it will save their life. I normally buy chicken treats by USA brand, which are made in the USA and never had a problem. If as humans, you have had allergies and been sick to your stomach, then imagine what my dogs felt like and they can't communicate. Beware of Purina Waggin Train products that are made in China. This is poison for any dog and it can lead to death. Sedjwick at Purina is the person who took my complaint and is investigating.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2015

About six weeks ago we switch to Beyond dog food. At first our male dog seemed to get lethargic, quit eating, just acting weird. Then our female dog started acting up. Then about a week ago, they both quit eating completely. They both were good eaters. We have $$$ invested right now into the vet because we are trying to figure this out. They are both lying in my kitchen dying. I know it was from eating this food.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

I have a 6 year old adopted black lab. After eating Purina for 6 months he began throwing up. Just random events but always after eating. I changed everything and thought he had gotten into something but it was only after eating a bag that had been purchased in July 2015. He had also began to drink endlessly as well as scratch a ton!

About two weeks ago, I switched my dog to Wellness after reading reviews on here and thought that it couldn't hurt. (I had also read that they MAY have changed their formula around this time but that was my unprofessional detective work.) He has not thrown up since then. I have also noticed him come back to us in a sense. He is not as thirsty (he is satisfied with a normal amount of water) and his energy level has sky rocketed! I forgot how silly he was since he hadn't been feeling well! I won't go back to Purina. I suggest that you as a customer questioning this food, try another and see if changes occur then you'll have your answer.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

Eleven cats is a large number, not one will eat one bite of this good even with extreme hunger. (Ferals out in the word depending on humans for food). Question why this product if "so good" for cats urine production will not be consumed in extreme hunger situations. Can grasp spoiled inside cats dependent on proving to us what they want but I know of not one person that successfully feeds their cats this product. It is time for Purina with high charges for costs… wow… to revamp and consider this product and why it cannot be tolerated by hungry cats. Something is very wrong. I work with large groups that support TNR and return of cats, they will not eat this product. Wake up Purina. Think many others experience same. Even if you MIX into their favorite dry they will eat around this product and leave in dish.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

I have been feeding my animals Purina for years but recently my corgi has been throwing up several times during the night leaving a nightmare orange color spot everywhere he's puked! My carpet throughout the house is light beige and every room has three or more spots. Besides that he has had bloody stools which I have taken to vet to make sure he was alright. Also the vet commented that he was shedding terribly, which he still is. I have decided to give your company the benefit of doubt and try changing my dog to the lamb and rice dry food and after a month trial I will complain again if my dog keeps getting sick. I'm wondering if your company has made any changes to the ingredients of your product because I've heard that some of the ingredients are coming from another country, is that true?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2015

I have always purchased Purina dry dog food. Recently my husband got the lamb and rice formula. I now have 3 very ill dogs. My puppy started with explosive diarrhea. We are on day 4. I stopped this food 2 days ago, she is on the mend. My older dog is having diarrhea and is too weak to stand. My middle dog is having bloody stools and vomiting. I cannot believe this company knows what is going on and will not do anything to fix the product. I will never buy a Purina product again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

I have a 9-month-old puppy. The breeder we got her from recommended Purina Pro Plan. Several months ago I noticed there were moths in the food. I returned it to the store and got a new bag. Last week I bought a new bag of Purina Pro Plan large breed food and again I have moths. No more Purina for us.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

Last Friday I bought a bag on Purina Gentle Cat food. Within a few hours of feeding, all of my cats began vomiting (I have 15 rescues at the moment), and within a few hours after that, many had watery diarrhea, too. I was at work, and didn't notice until a full day later, though my mother told me when I got home that "all I have done all day is clean up throw up and poop!"

I went around and examined the cats. I noted that some were drooling, a sign of poisoning, too. I immediately pulled the dry food and threw most of it out. (I saved the bag and the bottom six inches of food.) By the next day, I found one hiding in a closet. She had peed herself, was cold, and was obviously uncomfortable. I took her in this morning, and the vet told me that her kidney numbers are so high they didn't register, which means she is in kidney failure. She also has a super high white blood cell count.

Short version of this story: RESEARCH CAT FOOD MANUFACTURERS. We used to be able to trust them, and now their capitalistic greed has caused them to cut so many corners they're killing our furry children. I'll try to update with the lot number, and her prognosis, or if she dies.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

I buy Purina One Small Bites for my dogs and have been for several years. I have noticed small moths in my house lately and the other week noticed several moths in the container that I store my dog food in. I then realized that there were moth cocoons in the lid of the container. I happen to be talking to my neighbor today and she mentioned little moths in the last week in the house and some flew out of her cat food container. She noticed the webs/cocoons too. We both buy Purina but bought at different stores. She has a cat and I have dogs. The common denominator is Purina. I will never buy Purina again, especially after reading the complaints on here... This isn't just coincidental... Appears there is a problem at Purina.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

Like the others here, I too bought Purina (ProPlan for large breed dogs). We put the food immediately into a container and throw the bag out, so I can't verify any of that information. I did notice, when I bought it, that there was a cobweb on the outside. I figured it'd been sitting on the shelf a long time and even when I saw a cobweb IN the bag, after we dumped it into the container, thought little of it. We noticed a few days later, lots more flies in the house, but chalked it up to a crappy apartment. Meanwhile, our dog had been having issues with loose stool- everything else had been fine, still had appetite and wasn't vomiting. We took him to the vet, and with probiotics and other meds, his stool gradually improved (so I question if the food had an impact at all on his health).

I noticed last night, three weeks after bringing the food into our home, a LOT of flies in the pantry, where we only keep foods in sealed or packaged containers. We explored, and upon opening the food container, found bugs IN the food. Flying out at us. My husband took the food immediately to the dumpster, and cleaned the container. He found worms, larvae, and flies. We scrubbed the container, and cleaned the nooks and crannies with Q-Tips to get all the larvae (they were literally on every tiny, sheltered surface of the container), and spent the evening killing all the flies we could get our hands on.

Thankfully, the food hasn't really hurt our dog, but it's certainly caused issues. I called Petsmart and explained the situation and that I had neither the bag nor the food anymore, and they told me to bring the receipt in for a refund. They said they've gotten a lot of these complaints lately, and that it seems to be an issue with the package seams- apparently how it's now made allows stuff to get into the bags, either during shipping or while sitting in the warehouse. When I went to get the refund, I asked if this was such a big deal, why hasn't there been a recall- apparently Petsmart has been trying to get one, with no luck.

My heart breaks for the pets who've died from negligence by Purina. I'm so sorry, but if it helps, I shared the info online, and a friend who feeds her dog Pro Plan read it. They've had issues with flies in the house lately and her dog has been eating less lately (much like the first symptoms the sick dogs displayed). She realized the problem from this information and immediately stopped feeding her dog that food. As sad as it is, lives are being saved by telling stories of pain and loss. Thank you all very much for sharing your feedback- it's helping!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

I fed my little guy Scooter Purina beyond dry dog food for about a years. As the time went by I notice his skin was turning black on his tummy. After a summer trim I could see his back was also turning black, his skin has always been pinkish grey in color. Then his coat didn't come back as usual and he was looking remaining coat. I took him to the vet to find out his kidneys were not functioning properly. They wanted to do more tests. At that same time I needed to buy a new bag of food and felt the need to change brands. I know, I know, don't change food like that, but think I may have saved his life. The spots are nearly gone and his coat has come in beautifully. He is my happy, healthy boy again. I am not a veterinarian but I'm sure that the food was killing my dog.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

I purchased a bag of Friskies Seven made by Purina from Wal-Mart on 8/7/15. My 19 year old Indoor cat Feisha started having several different issues, such as vomiting, loss of appetite, excessive thirst, weakening in her hind legs, lethargic and seizures. She became so bad I had taken her to the Vet on August 27th 2015 and they had done blood work. Her kidney values were high and the blood work showed other issues. They kept her for two nights to get her kidney values back to normal. She came home on August 29th 2015. The Vet sent home some samples of K/D cat food. She was doing fine and acting happy again. I had ran out of the sample food over the weekend and the Vet's office was closed so I had given her some of the Purina Food I still had on hand. That was on Sept 5th 2015.

On Sunday Sept 6th 2015 Feisha started thrashing and foaming at the mouth and became deathly ill. Approximately 1:15 a.m. on September 7th 2015 she started letting out these horrible crying sounds and started thrashing again. I listened to her horrible sounding cries throughout that whole morning and felt horrible because I had no clue as to what was going on and I could no ease her pain. Shortly after 6 a.m Feisha passed away. My family and I are devastated over losing her. She was deeply loved. I still have some of the food but I do not have the bag. I had poured it into a container to give to the stray cats that live in the neighborhood. Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere that food can be tested to see if it was tainted in anyway? I love and miss my pretty Feisha.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I just found an animal tooth in my bag of Purina Dry Cat Food! How gross & disgusting! Before I found it my cats would not eat the food (and they love dry cat food). Finally they took a couple nibbles and then shortly after they became very sleepy, couldn't even walk, almost as if they were drugged! When is this company going to be stopped and shut down! I have read nothing but bad reviews of their cat and dog food, they are making animals sick & even killing them. How are they getting away with this?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

Infested bag of Puppy Chow. Called Purina direct, they were quite bias about it. Stated it was a grain based product and subject to infestations at many points, including shipping. Information sounded scripted and like it had been repeated a many many times before. Did offer refund, I returned it to a major pet store. The manager stated that this was all too common product with Purina foods. They had sent numerous emails regarding this issue - nothing changes. This is a low quality product. Conclusion: I would never risk my dog's health to this product!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2015

Purina Friskies dry/wet cat food made my cat sick and he died. Plus the Purina snacks I give to him. I have been using Purina wet and dry food for years on all my cats over the years. My cat, George, suddenly began vomiting on 4/22/2015 and showing signs of intense stomach pain. He would cry all the time for about 3 days before he died. After continued symptoms of abdominal pain, lethargy and loss of appetite, the vet suspected an intestinal blockage. I found him balled up looking like he was sleeping but when I went to him, he was dead!!!

I found out that the FDA had issued a Warning Letter to Nestle Purina PetCare on 1/2/15 regarding the very cat food that I had been feeding -- no killing -- my cats with. I removed all of the Friskies wet food from my house. I will never buy Friskies brand wet/dry/snack foods again. I am considering having a laboratory analysis performed of the remaining sealed food cans and opening a civil suit on Purina or join in the class action lawsuit.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

Puppy Kept throwing up after eating. Our adult dog always ate this with no issues. Switched both to Smart Balance food and no issues since.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

After a half-bag of Beneful incredible bites for small dogs, my two year old dachshund is throwing up every day. She has had three bloody, loose stool accidents in the house. She has been scratching like crazy but does not have fleas. We thought she ate something bad in the yard and may have picked up an allergy but after reading all these reviews about Beneful incredible bites for small dogs, I believe strongly it is the food. She has not had an appetite and left food in her bowl, which is very unusual. She usually wants to go for a walk twice per day, but has been very lethargic and has had no interest in her walks.

I threw out the old food from her bowl and gave her IAMS this morning. She ate it like she was starving and barked afterwards. I think she was thanking me. I am disappointed that Purina has not responded to the hundreds of complaints. I'm lucky I found this website and read the reviews, which are similar to my experience. It is very possible the reviews saved my dog's life.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

I purchase this product. Gave it to my cat. First I notice my cat stool was watery. The diarrhea got so bad she would not eat and was throwing up till I took her to the vet. He gave me med for her. She was getting better until I gave her some more Purina Whisker Lickin's tuna flavor and she got all sick again. That's when I took notice it was this food that is killing her. Now she will not eat again, but this product is the cause. Be careful with this product.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

Bought Purina One 20 pound bag for my dog at Walmart in Farmington, Arkansas. Few days later notice she started drinking more water, eating less, acting tired and like she didn't have any energy. Took her to the vet and they did blood work and liver levels and kidney levels were elevated. Our vet said her toxins levels were high. My prissy was my world. Rip my sweet baby girl. Momma loves and misses you every minute of every day.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

My beautiful 11 year old kitty has been fed Friskies Seafood Sensations Dry food along with Fancy feast canned food and loved it. She's always been very healthy and gets regular checkups at the vet. In the last few days, she has been vomiting up undigested dry food and also foamy white stuff all over the house. I at first thought she was sick but it seemed that every time she'd have some dry food, shortly after I'd find puke in several places in the house. She still craves the stuff, but I am going to buy her some new better quality food instead and she if these episodes stop (after reading so many horrible stories about other animals made ill).

I have noticed that the colors in the dry food look different and wondered if they changed the formula. I hope I can find something healthier that she will eat and be happy with. Shame on Purina for making so many wonderful animals suffer. This behavior of vomiting shortly after eating has just started about a week ago, and otherwise kitty seems OK although her coat it dull and I hope she improves.

Purina Pet Foods Company Information