2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

PetSmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

Original review: April 2, 2020

Their customer service dept. never answered a telephone call 1/30/2020. Their fax number doesn't work. You cannot get in touch with their Phoenix Office and they never answered my Certified Letter to Mr. Michael Massey who was listed as CEO. (USPS Tracking No. **). The 3 mo. old dragon purchased was sick when purchased & brought to an Exotic Clinic - asking for reimbursement.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Been taking my dogs to PetSmart grooming for over 14 years. Drop dog off one day, come back and the bill is $150.. What???? It’s usually $85 to $95, manager tells me he was really bad. My dog is a house dog that only goes out to do his business. Now I am blocked from booking a appointment on phone app, have to call and talk with manager to book a grooming appointment. Manager tells me she can only book with a bather now not a real groomer???? I guess they don’t need my business or care about 10 year plus loyal customers. Just a heads up make sure you get price upfront before leaving your pet... Good Luck.

Original review: March 3, 2020

We brought our one-year-old, Goldendoodle to PetSmart for grooming. The experience was the worst we've ever had. First off, the groomers are extremely rude. When trying to tell them how we'd like the dog cut, they'd cut us off and say "NO! We don't comb the dogs. We shave them." Our Goldendoodle is a straight hair breed, but gets knots that can be combed out. They don't comb. They shave. We pointed out that the we spoke to the breeder who recommend shampooing the dog and following up with conditioner. Then the knots would comb out and they'd be able to groom him easier and less traumatically. The said, no. It is PetSmart's policy to shave the dog first THEN shampoo. So they can't comb the dog. They'll get brush burn - whatever that is.

We had paid for express service because we didn't want the dog to be placed in a cage - and we were assured he wouldn't be. While I was holding the door open for my wife, the groomers didn't realize I was still in the waiting area. I heard all sorts of snide remarks and nasty comments. So I simply turned to them and said "Really?" and walked out. Apprently, they assumed I would go to the manager - so they went and told them what had happened. The manager called to tell us that it was PetSmart's policy to shave the dog then shampoo. They are not legally authortize to comb or brush the dog. We asked him to do his best.

Five minutes later, he called and told us he could not groom the dog and we should pick him up. When we did, he had been traumatized having been placed in a cage surrounded by other barking dogs. There was no apology. Simply, here's your dog. Get out. From start to finish, this was a horrendous experience. We will never consider bringing our pets to ANY PetSmart ever again. How can you trust people with your pet when they don't even treat owners respectfully?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

PetSmart, West Covina, CA - Eastland Center #2179. We only go in for treats, toys, and food for our two dogs. They have a large selection with helpful employees. This PetSmart grooming team is less than satisfactory on the way they treated our two dogs, we now go to another groomer. The groomer at this location cut our dog's ear and the Veterinary technicians services they provided was terrible. They were very rude and made us feel that it was our fault they cut the dog's ear.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

HEB has lower prices. They also need a new vendor for pet shots. Petco beats them by $25. The smaller store near me does not have enough products. Their litter needs to be in plastic bags not thick plastic buckets..Great staff!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I love how helpful the staff are and go out of their way to find a product. They are patient and friendly and that location in my neighborhood has a Banfield Pet Hospital that allows me to get a Rx for my cat and purchase Rx food there.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

We find everything we went looking for. Customer service is a very pleasant people that know where everything is located. The hours of operation are very convenient and the store very where we live. The prices are always very acceptable and competing with other store.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

PetSmart is the pet's store I chose. They have a huge variety of products we can get all in one trip. They also price match with their online prices to help with savings. The workers there are very friendly, helpful and nice.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I love the store and all the employees. I have never had a bad experience. They always go beyond helpful to help and to keep their customers and pets happy and satisfied. I have not once gone and they haven't had what I needed from fish to dog supplies. Great store. I give it an A+++.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

PetSmart always Has what we need for our fur babies (dogs). They have a great selection. Unfortunately we do not have one close to us so we have to travel About 50 Miles but that ok. Hubby Has dr. Appt. In the city so we usually try to stop then.

PetSmart Company Information