Find a Pet Stores partner

3. Pet Stores

3.9/5 (538 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Petland

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Petland Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petland?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petland?

Original review: June 10, 2021

The dogs breeds are beautiful and workers are very helpful and make the experience enjoyable! Very clean and a very fun work environment. I will be sure to come back again soon, very happy with their service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I made an appointment to see a dog that I had full intention of taking home. My appointment was confirmed and I drove 80 miles to Petland Rome. I told the sales person I was there for my appointment to see the female German Shepherd. She informed me they had no female German Shepherds. I understand all animals are on a first come basis, but I should have been notified before driving all the way out there. Poor treatment of what will now never be a customer.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I will try and keep this short and to the point. Approximately 6 weeks ago I lost a dog companion of 11 years. A week later while running errands I was surprised to see Petland was open on a Sunday evening. The time was 7:45. I stopped in and a family had just finished viewing a Mastiff pup. The sales person asked if I would like to see him and I said sure. A couple minutes later the associate said, "Do you want to buy him?" And I said, "You all will charge 6k for this dog." He checked and said for me the dog would be 5,500. At this point the store is closed so we have an audience. I said multiple times that I recently lost a dog and my wife was not ready to purchase another. The manager said I should put down $500 deposit to hold the dog. The store was closed at this point so no one would buy the dog until at least opening on Monday. Now I either have lost the $500 or I have to purchase from Petland.

Breeders handle non refundable deposits because they do not want potential clients to change their minds later and lose out on other sales. I called Petland the next morning and I do not even have the option to use the $500 for another animal or products in the store. How does it harm them to put the $500 towards something else in the store? I will never purchase anything for Petland again. If I purchase another dog it will be from a reputable breeder.

Original review: June 28, 2021

We lost our dog of 11 years and the silence in our home was deafening. After discussion, my spouse wanted a husky. Looking close to home (Florida) we found one. Unfortunately it was at Petland, which I thought was like PetSmart/Petland for dogs. We told the salesperson of our recent loss and (so we thought) was understanding. Not only did she lie about the dog being 3rd generation AKC registered purebred, but what he "came with".

In our emotional state, we purchased the dog. After getting home I noticed we were charged for what he "came with" (thought they were ringing the items to keep inventory). Looking into the paperwork further, the mother was not even registered and the dog had been neutered. After contacting the company, receiving a run around about how they were trying to "track down the mother". They kept the wheels spinning so the items were no longer able to be returned.

Make no mistake, this company uses false advertising and in our case emotional state to prey on people. From the salesperson on the floor all the way to the top this is a fraudulent business that should be closed for the sake of others. I only wish I checked on social media beforehand. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from these con artists.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Do not buy any Pets from Petland!! They sold us a sick puppy, and they are not even going to pay for any Vet costs! Petland is way overpriced. You will be stuck with a sick pet. Even the warranty they have is ridiculous, they give you five days to take your puppy to their Vet that they decided for you! If the vet doesn’t have an appointment during those 5 days period, your warranty is canceled, and they don’t tell you that you can ask for extension! This is the game they play so you’ll be stuck with Vet bills! Do not trust Petland. Especially the one in Las Vegas, NV.

Original review: June 14, 2021

My husband and I purchased a German Shepherd pup April 2021. He was 4 months old, beautiful and so perfect!! So we thought!! I had to justify in my mind such a cost $4000.00 for a puppy! But I have a child with special needs and we wanted to buy him for a service animal. Breeding him would have basically covered our cost for everything. It's quite expensive for training and upkeep of a dog like this. So we did it!! Within a week we took him to his vet appt. He was a little sick, nothing too bad, but...he also has hip dysplasia. So right off rip, forbidden to breed and told that he couldn't bear weight. Most likely would have to have hip replacements and this cost was just WOW! Not only was it horrible for us and the puppy, but because of his age, early intervention was already out the door.

We had the option of returning the dog. But what would have happened to him and would he have got a home or just been put to sleep. So now, we have filed a claim, we have tried to contact the store...nothing has happened at all. What the sad part is, is that this condition was directly passed from the parents. So this means Petland is falsifying their animals' medical histories and being AKC. That means at least 3 generations of information is being withheld. This is an outrage! The dog doesn't deserve it and the parents are being bred anyway. All for profit!!

This has to be stopped!! Please help me do that!! I want my puppy to have the best life possible, he didn't ask for this. To be here to be poked and prodded or displayed like a handbag at a store. And my son did not ask to just love him and have to put him through all this!! Petland, upon much research, apparently has been doing a lot more than this!! They have many suits for the dogs they sell. Many are sick and have conditions. Petland needs to be shut down!! These animals deserve better and responsible people, loving people, ONLY, should be allowed to even have them. They should not be allowed to breed sick dogs and sell them. Please help me STOP PETLAND!! Share your stories too!!

Original review: May 5, 2021

I went to purchase a bird at the store here in San Antonio yesterday. The moment I walked in I was yelled at and said I have to wear a mask. That almost made me just leave and not come back. I really wanted a bird so I just went back out and put one on. When I checked out I was given a card that said the return or money back was only 3 days. Really? I asked what happens if the bird is sick on the fourth day and the gentlemen said, "Sorry, you only have 3 days" with the attitude like.. your loss buddy oh well. I will never purchase a single thing from that company again. Terrible terrible SERVICE. STAY AWAY from this pet store.

Original review: April 21, 2021

My puppy had kennel cough and giardia for 2 months. Poor thing, I felt horrible as it’s not his fault but he kept waking up every hour at night having to go potty. They rip you off telling you that you get all these things free when they hide it in the price of the puppy. He’s on several medications and doesn’t seem like he’s getting any better. Been to the vet like 20 times in 2 months. I’ve had other puppies and never experienced this. Do not buy your puppies here!!

Original review: March 21, 2021

I am giving this location ONE star. The salesperson was kind and helpful throughout the buying process, but my pup CAME HOME SICK and released to me CLEARED! I have had the pup less than 4 days now and the dog has been to the vet now twice. I am out of pocket more than $400 due to their lies. How am I guaranteed a healthy puppy when he is sick? How does their "vet" clear this???? I am filing for a lawsuit against the Petland at Davie. All I asked for was to exchange the pup for a healthy one since it's WELL BEFORE the 14 day health guarantee period. I do not want any money back or any money from the out of pocket vet cost. See Petland Davie of Florida in court!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Buyers beware & do research before even thinking of dealing with this pet store!!!! Research beyond their reviews on their own website...Check Yelp, Consumer Affairs, BBB, etc. Google Petland complaints, petland scam etc & you'll find all the info you need to stay away. Petland scams people into thinking they are selling puppies from the top 2% of breeders in the country which is a bold face lie!! They get their puppies from puppy mills, they sell sick dogs to people who die soon after purchase & I found plenty of proof to back it up which I am in the process of sending to every news, social media & complaint platform that I can think of.

Do yourself a favor, don't buy from here..Do research!! All petlands even though owned by sep. owners it's a franchise & operate under the same bus. model. My puppy came from Blue Ribbon Puppies Indiana, Levi Graber who is known to be one of the biggest puppy mills in the country with many violations/complaints against him & was responsible for the campylobacter a year or so ago! Luiz ** owns the SFL locations (also some in TX) & claims to be against the use of puppy mills, but again my puppy came from a puppy mill & after researching found tons of info from people saying their dogs bought here come from the same puppy mill..Blue ribbon puppies! All of his locations have horrible yelp reviews & complaints in bbb, consumer affairs etc.

This is an edit of my original review which was positive because the initial experience in the store was fine... HOWEVER!!..I am a FOOL for falling for their shady "sales pitch" & believing the pos. Reviews on their site & not doing my own research before purchasing puppy from here for $7400!! FIRST, you can't get the training they incl for several weeks so what good is that? Second...Tons of complaints all over internet that they don't pay vet bills when puppies get sick as outlined in the contract.

THIRD....after I called complaining abt the training (told them I had specific concerns at that time) & was told someone would call me back, they never did. You have to go through a middle person call center & I realized they don't care about the well being of the puppies, so I got mad & started doing my research & digging & that's when I went down the rabbit hole of all the disgusting info on Petland & Blue Ribbon Puppies (Levi Graber). Again, Levi Graber is notorious for being one of the largest & most controversial puppy mills in the country for decades!

I also found videos of reporters who went undercover as employees & saw discussions between them & the person training them saying if the puppies get sick they don't give them the proper medicine, they still sell them to people, they pump them full of antibiotics to make them well enough to sell & if they don't sell them before they get sick beyond recovery they let them die & put them in a freezer! I saw the video, google it! So, tons of people have written complaints to bbb, consumer affairs, yelp etc & I have even seen many lawsuits/class action lawsuits from people saying their dog got sick & died soon after purchasing from a petland.

Again, all petlands operate under the same business model & buy their puppies from puppy mills, not the top 2% of breeders. I called after finding this info & demanded to bring the puppy back because they lied to me about where the puppy came from & if I wanted a puppy mill puppy or not from the top 2% of breeders, I could have found one online or a smaller puppy store myself for $1000 or less. I was told someone would call me back in 48 hours, of course it's been more that that & no phone call. I would have even settled for a lower price for the dog since he is from a puppy mill & so far seemingly healthy but they haven't even called me back to discuss any options. So now I am pushed beyond my patience & will be taking this to the next level....Complaints to any & all licensing agencies, review & complaint platforms, news stations & newspapers and maybe even a protest, because I have the time & resources to do it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Their website shows numerous beautiful dachshund puppies with no prices or AKC papers. When I called to inquire about prices the Call Center told me that I must go to the store to learn the prices. The stores do not have direct telephone numbers. When I arrived at the store I found that they do not have, and probably never had, the puppies on the website. They try to entice you to buy different dogs with ridiculous prices. Dogs that have lived in tiny cages for months because no one will pay their ridiculous prices. Dogs that have emotional and health issues they will probably never overcome. These places should be closed by the authorities.

Petland Company Information