2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5
Based on 1,306 ratings submitted in the last year

Petco sells anything you need for your dog, cat, bird, reptile or other small pet. Products include food, treats, toys, supplies and medicine. You can purchase pet products or refill prescriptions online or at any Petco location. Veterinary and grooming services are available at select locations.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Petco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

The store is always well cleaned and maintained, animal cages, aquariums, big and small. Which means the pets are healthy and happy and that gives a overall happy experience when visiting. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is one of our favorite stores to visit. ❤

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The customer service is always great at the Petco we frequent. Helpful, accommodating, and knowledgeable. Often will give discounts on the spot. Recently we have been trying to find the details about the bath program for dogs. Apparently the person who handles that was supposed to call us back but it's been over a week and we are still waiting!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Petco has always been my go-to pet store. Being a cat mom of 5, I like to ensure that my fur babies are eating the most nutritious and healthiest cat food. I get both wet food and dry food at petco and am ALWAYS treated with respect and care as soon as I walk through the doors. Aside from just being friendly, the employees at Petco always seem to be extremely knowledgeable about every kind of pet you’re inquiring about. Love Petco!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The clinics offered on-site by outside organizations affords you the convenience of a trip to your favorite store with your pet, ample free parking and shopping with opportunity for participation in activities or events that you might not otherwise consider Due to extenuating circumstances such as fear of unknowns, logistics or time restraints to name a few. I am an introvert by nature with a deep sense of love for my dog who I consider family. He is the ultimate companion and I want to do more for him but feel limited due to my personality. This is a win-win situation for us all.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I enjoy Petco because it's small enough to be easy to shop in. I can bring my dog with me too. Prices are fair and they have a good selection of merchandise. It's easy to park and get in and out. Employees are helpful.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The place was organized and I found exactly what I was looking for. My dog loves the food made by Blue and it’s always fully stocked. The employees are very nice and helpful. If I need help I can always count on them for assistance.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

They have a huge selection for all types of pets and the fair prices. The best thing is we can take our pets to the store that awesome from big dogs to big sizes as well as cat even fishes in all types and sizes and lizards ohhh let me not forget the birds they have in the store and the best part they have a dog hotel and grooming area and even a vet in the same store now. How great is that.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Pet grooming is a plus... my dog is rather shy... and Big (90 on Golden female). She is always happy to get washed and groomed. The workers keep her calm and happy! Prices are average... but sales are very good. Salespersons treat her well and she can enter the store with me.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The best care I have ever seen at a store concerning fish. So many stores we have tried - do not know how to raise & even scoop fish out properly to give us a better chance for their survival & also to not transfer any disease. Petco in Wesley Chapel, Fl. off Bruce B Downs has always provided great quality fish at reasonable prices. They care about their fish so their staff is the reason & it's very hard to find someone who knows what they are doing concerning aquatic animals. By the way - we have a few stores closer to our home but don't mind driving for the quality received. Thanks Petco!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I get my roaches from there. It's the only place that has them close to here. The main problem I have is the availability of the roaches and any bugs from there. Sometimes when you buy any bugs from Petco they are a poor quality. Their lizards look to be in good health and they do have a variety for cats and dogs.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I like the level of expertise at the store. You can ask about products and get a real answer and comparisons. The service is very courteous and the store is clean and has a huge selection of pet products. I had to go in and buy a leash for my dog and the clerk helped me and explained to me what the Products offered and how to size properly. I also had a question about food and the clerk walked me thru the different brands and explained to me what would be recommended for my pet and what the pros and cons and reviews on the foods. Finally if you happen to go on a Sunday brand specialist for foods and products will be present at the stores and will even offers a discount coupon on some promotional products. Overall I have to say great experience!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I find either very knowledgeable helpful employees some of the time and then the other times I am never lucky to even bump into anyone to help. There is always the cashier, but not able to help when only one there.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

They do a great job when grooming my large dogs. They also carry my parrot food and it gets delivered for free on auto delivery. I also get money back for rewards I can use toward future purchases. Every so often they have bogo which is handy when it comes to dog treats.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Every time I walk in the door I am greeted with a friendly hello and I am asked if I need help. The store is clean and always stocked with my kitties' favorites. Would go nowhere else. Their pets for purchase are always bright and looking for love. They also have vet and grooming services.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Petco is a fantastic place to shop however their grooming department not so much. Took my dog in for a bath and when I came back he was on the table getting brushed. Mind you he is 97lbs. The girl tried to lift him and dropped him and he was trying to get up on a slippery floor and she was laughing! Not impressed!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Was delighted when PETCO came to Hilo, HI since it is convenient to where I live--but though the selection is their usual great one, the prices are so outrageous that I have only gone in there a couple of times in the years they've been in Hilo.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Clean bright and well-organized store with a huge selection and friendly people. They helped me set up an aquarium for my classroom and let me know when their floor models went on sale. Their salespeople are a great resource and very knowledgeable. They are happy to answer questions and help you find what you need.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We don't have a "local" pet store so that we have to use a chain. Petco tends to be a bit more expensive but the quality is great and they take animals from the local shelters to try finding them homes. They have an amazing selection and while I'm not always pleased, the staff are always pleasant and helpful which makes up for it.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

The help was amazing...knowledgeable and happy. Saved me time and money. Saved my fish! Organized and how real concern...also they had a great pet adoption.... Parking was right up front.... Even helped with getting to your vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I like the knowledge of the Petco employees in reference to my two Bichon Frise dogs. They have helped me find many products to feed, care for and treat my dogs! I know that giving them Orijen freeze dried food gives them nutritional meals each day. I have purchased antler bones for my dogs to chew. In Petco I have found the perfect collars, leashes, winter sweaters and toys for play. I purchased the best large wood kennel from Petco that looks like a fine piece of furniture in my home. All in all, I have Happy Healthy Loving dogs because of good products and good care.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Great customer service and products. Petco is my go to store for questions answered professionally and for their recommended products. Living in the rural mountains, it's great to have a pet store of Petco's caliber.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I shop at Petco, even though they are not the cheapest or have the best selection. They host my favorite dog rescue. For that reason alone I will continue to shop there. Also, they are the only pet store that carries the joint treats I feed my dogs.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Marley, my 10 year old cattle dog mix visited PETCO a few weeks ago for her spa day. It was her first time being pampered. The staff was awesome. I believe Sara was the groomer in Sturbridge MA. Excellent customer service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

To be honestly, I really love this place, even when I have nothing to do, sometimes, I go in this store just to spend some time. The selection of products is really huge. You can find there almost anything you are looking for. Recommend this store for anyone who loves their pets!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

The cheerful greeting upon entry. Also, there is always someone willing to help answer question. The store is always clean and organized. The recent grooming staff is wonderful. They have been quick and gave recommendation for cutting my new puppy.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Not really pleased with the customer service and the grooming staff doesn’t do a very good job especially with teeth brushing and the services are expensive for the poor quality. I’m going to stick with the Pet Stores and online providers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Initially I had a great in-store purchased. However I bought some items online. It was difficult to track my online order because of online setup. Then I had a issue with a cat tree that fell apart. I called for return options. They informed they had a 30 day return policy. But I can try to take it back in-store and "see" if they would take the item back.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I like the way my groomer takes care of my Morkie when she is grooming her. The associates are so much more polite and professional than at Petco. They speak as soon as you enter the store and are very helpful if you need it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Well when you walk into the store you’re always greeted by the wonderful staff and I have a bird as well as two cats and when I get to the register we talk about our cats. We show each other pictures and videos of our pets and it’s a really nice warm feeling and it’s like family. Which is very sweet.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

We prefer to shop at small locally owned stores but unfortunately, the only one near us went out of business recently. Petco was across the street. We have 3 dogs who each have different food needs and Petco has all the brands we use. Prices are fair for the premium brands we use. The staff is always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They also collect used/extra pet supplies for a local rescue.

Petco Company Information