2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5
Save 10% When You Buy Online and Pick Up Either In-Store or Curbside *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Petco sells anything you need for your dog, cat, bird, reptile or other small pet. Products include food, treats, toys, supplies and medicine. You can purchase pet products or refill prescriptions online or at any Petco location. Veterinary and grooming services are available at select locations.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Petco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?

Original review: June 19, 2019

On June 19th 2019 I saw an ad online for a Petco Classic dog crate for $56.99. It said they were "in stock." When I got to my local store, however, I was told that they didn't carry the Petco brand crates in store. Nowhere did the ad state this. It was explained to me that "in stock" meant that it was in stock to be shipped. I went home and ordered it and a mat online, for a total of $116. I had a Visa prepaid gift card which I had verified had a balance of $100.00. When I tried to use it, the site told me that it had a $0.00 balance. After re-entering the information twice I was ultimately unable to use the card. I completed my order using PayPal but was very tempted not to.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I placed an order for supplies for my new kitten on May 22, 2019. I paid quite a bit extra for next day delivery, so I would have everything when my new kitten came home. I received my order 6 days later. When I called the company to complain, it was hard to understand the customer service person, and she kept trying to tell me that next day delivery doesn't actually mean you will receive your order on the next business day. She said it just means that they try to get your order out of their warehouse within a few days and it still takes many days to ship to you.

I argued about this with her for about 30 minutes and she finally agreed to refund my shipping costs immediately. Well, it's been a couple of weeks and my shipping costs have still not been refunded. Then I was told that I would get a call from the company, to fix the problem, but I never got a call. When trying to call again, I sit on hold, then eventually hang up because I never get to talk to a person. I will never do business with Petco again.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have been autoshipping my cat food and litter for years. With regard to the wet food, I always order by the case because cases fit neatly into the space I have to work with. For some inexplicable reason, my order of 96 units of wet food was shipped as INDIVIDUAL UNITS and arrived in three separate boxes which needed to be unloaded, rubber banded, and stacked. Instead of coming from a warehouse as they usually do, they came from a local store. When I called to complain to a supervisor, all she could do was apologize and repeatedly say they have no control over the process. What??? Petco has no control over a process THEY set up??? Please, blow that smoke up someone else's behind.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Petco is a very nice and clean store where you can bring your pet but I wouldn't have them groom or cut my dog's nails simply because they tend to nick the nail where it left an impression on my dog. So I only shop there because they have quite the variety for pets but for grooming I go elsewhere.

Original review: June 11, 2019

They do not think you or your pets are important. If you need insulin or heart-worm medication, they don’t care. You will pay extra for overnight shipping and not get your cats insulin for a week. Their phone service for the pharmacy is outsourced and they have no idea what’s going on ever. Their pharmacy doesn’t get faxes more than half the time your vet sends them something. Their phone constantly disconnects and you have to call back and re-explain yourself over and over again. Again, they don’t care about you and have no idea how to help anyone. I will be changing to a different pharmacy. My vet recommended Chewy or 1800petmeds. Really hoping one of those pharmacies knows how to fill prescriptions in a timely manner.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered my dogs seizure medication 8 days ago (Sunday). I checked on the status of my order two days ago (Saturday) and was told they were waiting on approval from my vet before shipping the medication. When I spoke to my vet, he informed me he approved it the day after the order was placed (Monday). Since a week had already passed and the prescription hadn’t even been processed, I asked to cancel the order and was told they would cancel it. When I checked the status today, over a week after placing the order, and two days after canceling it, it still showed as pending.

When I called to find out what was going on, I was told they couldn’t process the cancellation because it was in the dispensing area, but when I spoke to them two days ago, they claimed they still didn’t have approval. Since I was told the order was cancelled, I ordered it through my regular pharmacy (who got approval and processed it the next day). Since it was a prescription medication, I am now unable to cancel my order or return it. In all, the process with getting medications through Petco will take the better part of 2 1/2 weeks when all is said and done. By then, my dog will or have run out of his very necessary seizure medication if it wasn’t for my regular pharmacy.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Petco advertised packages of Heartgard 6 chewables for dogs up to 25 lbs, 3 packs for $17.97. The advertisement clearly shows the packages of 6 chewables and states 3 pack for that price. What they send and claim you order is 3 doses. They claim that the count it shows at the bottom (3) means 3 doses, but it does not state that it is doses. Nowhere does it state that the count is doses. Not packages. When I told them yes, 3 packages of 6, they said no that count of 3 means 3 doses. But it does not say anywhere in the advertisement. They could not be more clear that they want the buyer to think it is 3 packages of 6 chewables.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I previously ordered my dog's prescription from Allivet, but they were out of stock of the medication he needs (** 5mg), as was my vet and most other online stores. However, it appeared in stock on Petco's website, so I quickly ordered some. That was May 17th. A few days later, my order still hadn't shipped, so I reached out to the customer service and was told our vet was contacted but never replied with the prescription approval. So I called my vet, who stated the approval was sent the day before, May 19th. I contacted Petco again, who said they never received the approval. So my vet called Petco on May 20th. My vet said the person they spoke with confirmed the approval was received but said something about processing time, then put my vet on hold for so long that eventually they had to hang up.

In the meantime, I've run out of medication for my dog, so the vet gives me some of the 10mg they have in stock and we have to split the dose as best we can. It's not ideal, but better than nothing, since he needs this medicine to control his Cushing's disease. I contacted Petco the following day to make sure they received the approval and was told again that they didn't. I relayed that they told my vet they had received it and was told it's probably not showing up because it takes a few days to process approval and then process shipment. I wait a few more days and still nothing, so I reach out again. Again was told they didn't receive approval from my vet. I relay everything that has happened once more and ask them to please call my vet if they cannot locate the approval and was told they would.

Just a day or two later (today, Jun 5, getting close to a month since I placed the order) I get an email that my order has been cancelled by Petco and the 5mg ** isn't even on their website anymore. Now I'm wondering if they were out of stock this whole time and just didn't tell me. Unbelievably disappointed. Won't be shopping with Petco ever again. Fortunately, Allivet was back in stock a few days before this, so I went ahead and placed an order with them just in case. It will arrive tomorrow.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Ordered dry, veterinary prescribed dry cat food for my two cats, two weeks ago. A few business days pass, and I don't get a shipping notification. Weird. I check with my vet, and they didn't receive the consent form from Petco. I call Petco, tell them my vet never received the consent form. They resend it, my vet signs it and sends it back the same day. Great!

I call the next day to ask customer service if the pharmacy received the form. The pharmacy is having "technical errors," so customer service cannot see if the form was received, but they assured me they probably did. They tell me that if I don't see a shipping notification by the next day, to call back. No shipping notification, so I call back the next day. Same thing, customer service can't tell if pharmacy received form, and providing confusing, roundabout answers. This agent tells me it takes two full business days, so if I don't hear anything on Monday, call.

I call again on Monday, because I didn't get a shipping notification. By this time, it's been TWO WEEKS and my cats really need this particular food. Agent now tells me it's actually THREE business days, and to call back tomorrow. At the very end of the business day, I receive an email stating my order was canceled because I put both of my cat's names. I apparently need to place one order per cat.

1. I don't need two bags of 70 dollar cat food right now.
2. NOWHERE does it say on the form you can't put two pet names.

3. It's PET FOOD. Not painkillers, not any other type of major treatment. FOOD.

I call AGAIN. This has been two weeks, and 5 phone calls with petco, 2 with my vet. This time I ask to speak to management. I get some pushback, but I do ultimately end up speaking with a manager. I ask to get my order reinstated, but unfortunately, I cannot reinstate a canceled order. I just get a "sorry," here. No offer to expedite the process, no solution, just "Sorry, we can't do that. Have a good day."

I NEVER leave negative reviews, but this experience was so frustrating I feel compelled to tell other people not to trust Petco with pet prescriptions, because they will screw you over, then shrug their shoulders. I ended up ordering through Chewy.com, and their subscribe and save ended up being significantly more generous. Hopefully, the second time is the charm.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I am so disappointed. I have used and promoted Petco many years. I ordered a cat tree/stairs for my sick kitten. I emailed and called starting day one I received it. Well it had a wrong piece...wasn't even wrapped and worst the top crushed and my sick kitten fell out. I have contacted them so many times and spent over 2 1/2 hours on phone trying to get replacement at first then refund. I just got an email they are unable to process a refund anymore. How is this my fault and I'm beside myself with this company and customer service.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I tried repeat delivery on Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein cat food 2/24/19, and got roped in with an $8.23 discounted price, free shipping, on this expensive but highly rated food. The price bumped to $10.30 on the 3/10 reorder (normal repeat order pricing, only the initial order got 30% off), which went to $11.85 on 5/5, then $15.47 on 5/19, representing a 50% + price hike from the 3/10 order rate. So I called customer service for a 2nd time. Again they said it was a manufacturer price increase, without looking at my order #, just to get me off the phone.

After looking at my order, I advised them the reorder price online was $12.94 (If billed correctly, that is still a 25% + increase over $10.30 in 3-months). She talked with her supervisor and made nice with a $10 gift certificate, which I used today. I asked if the next order would be billed correctly, and she said it would, but I've got zero confidence in Petco at this stage.

The other problem with Petco, is when they say the reorder has been processed and shipped, it takes 10 days to deliver. Don't expect Amazon-like speedy delivery. Another gripe, customer service sounds farmed off to another country. Fortunately my 2nd customer service rep could be understood better than my 1st call. She was polite and professional, although I wasn't impressed with her initial brush off, or with her knowledge. Trust in Petco shaken, feeling abused and scammed, I quit the program today and will take my pet business elsewhere. Screw repeat order, and having to monitor each order for price increases/mistakes.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The management of this location are very dishonest and I would recommend people to shop online like with www.chewy.com where the prices are far better and they are truly concerned about customers satisfaction. The final straw (others past items where food was sold and was expired and no apology - poor grooming) was when I paid for a course of private puppy training and the trainer failed to return my calls to complete the course. 3 months despite communications in writing, I asked the store for a refund and conveniently that could not locate the paperwork and passed the buck to the trainer. It is only a small amount of money but with you overall excessive charging and lying - I would stay away from this location.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Was a long time customer of Drs. Foster & Smith. Since my account transferred to Petco, I decided to go ahead and order my pet's meds. BIG MISTAKE! My vet faxed the script twice and they still said they never got it. She called and spoke to someone in pharmacy. They STILL said they never got approval. The CSR's are incapable of fixing a problem. All they do is transfer you and then the phone will cut off.... EVERY time. Do yourself a favor and use ANYONE else for your pet's meds.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Don't even think about ordering online. It's a total mess. I have been using Chewy for my dog's food and decided to try their 30% discount on first order with repeat delivery. They charged me the discounted price on my credit card and didn't send the two dog foods I had ordered. What's worst is there was no order history in my app, but only repeat delivery set up. I called the customer service, explained what happened. The lady acknowledges they charged me already and didn't created the order. She said there must have been an error and assured me she would set up a delivery immediately. After the conversation I checked my account only to learn she created a New Order for the same dog foods I paid already and charged me the full price and canceled the transaction of promotional price they originally charged me. So I called them again, explained what happen. This lady seemed doesn't understand English well. I was worried.

After the phone call, I checked my Petco app, and this time this lady canceled one of the dog foods I ordered. So I called them AGAIN. But then this customer service agent asked me to prove them the proof I made an order with promotion. She says send them screenshot of the transaction of my credit card. OMG. I couldn't deal with them anymore and request cancelation of all orders. I am done with them.

Original review: May 16, 2019

PETCO'S GROOMERS ARE NOT LICENSED. There are no mandatory educational requirements needed to become a professional dog groomer in California. It is preferred that candidates hold a high school diploma or GED equivalency, BUT IT IS NOT REQUIRED. In other words, high school grads looking for a summer employment hit up Petco. No experience required as you can see in the photo. PETCO RUINED MY DOG! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! Petco - Store #547 PCH Long Beach, CA. The groomer SHAVED my dog all the way down from head to tail which was total opposite of my instructions. The carneys that work in Petco's Long Beach grooming department should all be subjected to unannounced mandatory drug tests.

PETCO'S over all response regarding the extremely unprofessional matter has been nothing short of shameful. Also when you call "support" the call is answered offshore in the Philippines, which further goes to show they do not care about their customers. See before and after photos. BEFORE PIC (April). Beautiful coat. AFTER PIC (May 13). Missy went in for a simple shampoo and a trim on May 13. Petco ruined my dog's coat. The unqualified and probably untrained girl -- ** shaved my dog and corporate "Petco" doesn't give a flying ** based on their insincere reply below. What a joke. I cannot recommend this or any other Petco. You've been warned.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Drs. Foster & Smith provided me with most of my pet needs, including medications, for years with never a glitch. Then PETCO buys them out and starts spamming me with offers for which the discount codes are not accepted on their webpage, which is one of the worst web sites I have ever seen. I took a chance and ordered some medications. Big mistake. They seem to be unable to accept written prescriptions, so they cancelled my order. That may be lucky for me, since I have now seen dozens of complaints from customers whose orders they accepted but then never fulfilled. I shall not be going back to PETCO again.

Original review: May 15, 2019

This is the most unrespectful company that I contacted in the USA. I submitted a prescription order and 2 days after my vet confirmed and sent me a copy that they fax the approval. I called Petco on the same day, they confirmed they received the approval. 2 days after my call I still haven't received the confirmation of shipment, so I called again. For my surprise now they state that they dont have my approval and that they will "try" to cancel my order. The customer supervisor in the call center hung up on me when I asked them to listen to a previous call as they were giving me a different statement today from the one gave to me 2 days ago. I won't stop calling until I get my answer. I want my order canceled right now. The funny part is that they haven't send me an e-mail after hanging up on me so I don't get their names. But I have the information from the call on Monday and I won't stop until they cancel my order.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I ordered heartworm medication for my two dogs - 12 months' supply for each dog - on 5/5/2019. My dogs' heartworm prescriptions for Tri-Heart Plus was provided by Vetco. Thinking Vetco will work better with Petco Pharmacy because basically they are the same corporate. What a BIG mistake! Petco outsources their pharmacy team to Express Scripts and Petco customer service team is offshored to Philippines. These teams which are supposed to be under the same corporate umbrella are completely disconnected to each other. Plus all of the customer service reps in Philippines can barely speak English without heavy accents, they can barely understand what customers are talking about either.

I waited all day Monday 5/6/19 thinking Vetco has already responded to fax approval request from Petco. I called Vetco on Tuesday 5/7/19 to see if they already approved my prescription orders to Petco. They have not responded before I called but they immediately processed it while I was on the phone with them. After I hung up with Vetco, I waited several hours to call Petco to ask my order status. When I called Petco, the Filipino rep said Vetco's approval was still not in their system but they promised that they will process my order with Petco Pharmacy as soon as they confirm Vetco approval.

Next day on Wednesday 5/8/19, I called Petco again, first two reps in Philippines (2nd one was supervisor) said Pharmacy team is working on my order but cannot tell when my order will ship. I asked to speak to their manager. What a surprise! I got ahold of an American rep in Wisconsin (called Premier Support team) and she told me my order will ship tomorrow and email confirmation will be sent tomorrow too. In Thursday afternoon on 5/9/19, all of sudden an email came in from Petco, which was saying one of my dogs' orders was cancelled because all of their stock of Tri-Heart has expiration dates on 12/31/2019 and I ordered 12 months' supply so they cannot provide 12 months' supply which would expire by the time I used them up. But why was only one of my dogs' orders cancelled??, The other dog's order is still showing in progress (suspended due to waiting for vet approval, which is wrong) on my account.

I talked to another American rep in Premier Support team and she said some computer glitch happened in my account but in reality both of my dogs' orders have been cancelled for the same reason. My Vetco vet approved me to get 12 months' supply at one order (I asked her in person) and I don't think it is common for pet pharmacy that all of their medications in stock expire less than 1 year?? This kind of situation tells me that Petco Pharmacy (Express Scripts) are buying bunch of cheap medication which is about to expire.

I went to Chewy.com and ordered Tri-Heart. 30 minutes later I called them and asked if there is a problem to send me 12 months' supply, They said no. Within 2 hours after I placed new order with Chewy I was contacted by Chewy rep and Vetco rep on the same line (3-way call) and asked about my cancelled order with Petco. I explained the situation and Vetco and Chewy started to do their best to speed up my order processing. What a difference between Chewy and Petco!

Here are my lessons learned:
-Avoid using Petco Pharmacy as much as possible. Chewy has the same pricing on most heartworm medications only with much much better customer service.
-If you ended up ordering through Petco and want to talk to customer service, try to speak to their "Premier Support Team" who are in Wisconsin. All other reps with Petco are in Philippines and you will have hard time to make them understand your needs.
-Express scripts are selling medications that have close expiration dates (probably resold leftover inventories).
-Petco customer service and Petco Pharmacy (Express Scripts) are disconnected, not acting as the same company.

-Vetco and Petco are disconnected as well.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We wanted to purchase a fish that cost around $2.15. We had to look around for someone to help us. Finally my daughter went to the cashier and she paged someone to help us with our fish. The salesman refused to sell us a fish because he felt we didn't have an adequate setup or an environment for the fish and that the fish would die quickly. I told him that we were returning the fish to someone who had an aquarium. He said he couldn't sell us a fish just to let it die. His whole approach was ridiculous. I understand that animals need care. However, the fish wasn't going to be staying in my home. I found the whole experience off-putting and I doubt that I will ever go to Petco again.

Original review: May 4, 2019

The Petco groomer that I last encountered at Petco is horrible. I complained on their Facebook page and I believe I was verbally attacked by either employees of Petco or groomers that work for Petco. I never heard back from management or the store in question. I think it is unacceptable for a corporation to act in this manner. I would run from Petco because corporate or management does not care.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have been with Drs Foster & Smith for years and have never been disappointed. The first of this year Petco took over their inventory and operations. Petco's website encourages you to sign up as well so that you do not need to worry about reordering. I have yet to receive my order for the birdseed. I am signed up for auto refill. Each month it has been canceled because they do not have enough inventory. They have not met their service commitment. I sent a letter to the CEO and this has not received a response in over five weeks. They apparently do not care about their commitments to their customers.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The changeover from Drs. Foster and Smith to Petco is a total nightmare. Never had any problems before. Went to get my dog’s insulin refilled and after 2 weeks and multiple approvals by my vet they never filled her meds. I spoke with customer service many times and my vet’s office spoke with the pharmacist twice! My vet finally cancelled the order so that I could get a refund and move on to another provider. But they would not cancel it!

Weeks have gone by and I keep getting told different things by different representatives. “It’s still showing processing because your vet has an approved it yet.” “We will have to get an IT person to take processing off of the account so that we can cancel everything and get you back your refund." My order was placed on March 23. It’s April 29! They seem to think as long as the word “processing” is on my order they don’t have to refund something I never received. I finally had to file something with PayPal because Petco refuses to do anything about this. It is the only way I could resolve it. I will never buy one thing from them ever again.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We used Drs Foster and Smith Pharmacy very happily for many years. Discovered in March 2019 that Petco had closed Drs Foster and Smith Pharmacy and all prescriptions had been transferred. After spending several hours on hold and with non-English-speaking service reps, the prescription was filled and we had one refill remaining. Fast forward to April 22, 2019 - called to have the remaining refill sent for our elderly dog.

After over an hour and several calls, I finally reached a call center (in India?) where the service rep understood the concept of "refill" (as opposed to new prescription). But they still had to get verification from our vet to refill the prescription. Vet's office called on April 24 to let me know they had faxed verification to Petco. Received email from Petco on April 26 advising me that my order was on the way with UPS tracking number. It's April 29. Package does not appear to have matriculated from pharmacy warehouse to UPS yet. Seriously?

In addition to the poor pharmacy service, the customer service people through whom, it appears, the orders must be placed, have no understanding of how prescription orders work - it's more than a language issue. There is no phone line dedicated to pharmacy customers and the phone number on the prescription label turned out not to be for pharmacy customers. Again, seriously? And let's not forget the poor quality of what passes for 'music' while stuck on permanent-hold. The fine folks at Drs Foster and Smith are truly missed!

Original review: April 29, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would!! Petco has the WORST pharmacy customer service I have EVER experienced. On April 6th I went online and ordered my dogs Heartgard medication from them for the first time. I decided to go through Petco because their prices are cheaper than my vet. However it has been a complete NIGHTMARE trying to get my order and it is not April 29th! It has almost been a full MONTH and I have yet to receive my meds YET I HAVE BEEN CHARGED. So today I called and cancelled my order!! Since April 6th I have called the pharmacy 5 times! Once I was told it would ship the next day and the other times I was told they couldnt verify the status of my order! I faxed over all the info from my vet that they needed and my vet even spoke with them and still NOTHING! I will NEVER use Petco Pharmacy AGAIN and NEVER recommend them!

Original review: April 28, 2019

I recently lost my Jack Russell Terrier due to medical illness. I called Chewy, 1-800-pet-meds, and Petco to ask what to do with thousand dollar worth of medication and food. Chewy sent a gorgeous bouquet of flowers in a real vase and loving words on a card in addition to refunding everything without any questions. 1-800-pet-meds did the same without any questions or "but" except there was no flowers, but I appreciate both companies for caring. They said to donate any unused medications/food to local vet.

Petco was a different story. I had to call multiple times and put me on hold forever and they asked many questions and said they will follow up but they never did and in the end I called them to find out that they won't give me any refund. Not a single card, no flower, no nothing, and no refund. I used to love DRS. FOSTER AND SMITH and I bought most of my dog's meds and food, but I am going to shop elsewhere for my surviving dog and never at Petco. It's so disappointing that a large company like Petco doesn't have the courtesy to provide top notch service for pet parents who are grieving and still take that opportunity to keep it as business even at the time of pet loss.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I went in to buy shrimp. I am a biologist who has worked with amphibians and fish for 6 years. Shrimp have a molting issue when placed into different tanks. The water quality they have compared to mine must be very different when it comes to minerals and pH. I buy 6-8 shrimp at a time usually and about half die. Sometimes only one or two die. This is due to something called the white ring of death when dealing with molt death.

The shrimp basically have an issue molting because of the difference in suppliers>petstore>my house's water quality. I drip acclimated my shrimp and introduced them to a quarantine tank. Then if they survive I place them in the main tank, which has the same water composition (I have 4 tanks so one of them depending on the type). Sometimes they just don't survive the first molt. I've set up 4-5 tanks for my friends and family; now that I want to set up my own tank the manager says that I can't do refunds because I'm abusing the system. That there must be something wrong with my water or set up to keep having so many dead shrimp.

That she doesn't have returns happen like that... Well, sadly probably half of the dead shrimp get eaten from other people/ or they can't find the body don't realize and just flush the specimen. First time I met the lady she told me she didn't know anything about the fish area she was filling in that area. She doesn't know anything about how the fish are being cared for and she's the store manager?

Original review: April 27, 2019

I've used Drs. Foster & Smith pharmacy for years, when they got bought out by Petco, I was told they would honor the prescription. That is NOT the case. They told me that even thought I had refills, they w ok old have to get a new one. I WILL NEVER use Petco again!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I took my Golden (Daisey) in Petco in Dover, De to get groomed last summer. Told them to trim her hair according to her breed (pretty self explanatory). They shave her down to almost skin (I assume they know what they're doing. Needless to say, a few months later her hair was coming back but only in a few places. I looked on YouTube to see what was up. She and other breeds are supposed to be trimmed with some hair! I was upset and pissed. Here I trusted these people to do right thing and they didn’t. I called and got this excuse from manager of grooming that she was sorry and fired girl who had done the job a while ago.

I said what are you gonna do about it... She would put some special shampoo on her that might work. I took Daisey there and she explained she couldn’t shampoo her because she had a growth under her ear. It didn’t seem to bother them when they first groomed her and vet assured me it wouldn’t bleed because it was a mass that she had for last 2 yrs. I’m pissed that if that were the case and she truly was upset she would’ve at least given me shampoo and I done it myself. I’ll never, ever take my pets back there ever and I suggest you don’t either!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Loved Fosters and Smith, top notch customer service, great prices, reliability. Petco took over and now it's the opposite. Customer service, when you get through to them, is outsourced to India. It's a joke. They do not honor the prescriptions that I have on file with Foster and Smith as I was told they would, they can't cancel orders, they can't do anything other than provide lip service. Look elsewhere. After this experience I will no longer be purchasing anything more from Petco.

Original review: April 22, 2019

While a long-standing customer of Dr Foster and Smith, I had a repeat delivery of 3 elk antler super colossal for dogs at a locked-in price of $15.59. Average cost for this item is $24.69. When Foster & Smith moved to the "Petco Family" I received the repeat delivery and was charged 24.69 for each item. Prior, I did not receive an email from Petco indicating repeat deliver prices would not be honored. I requested a refund of $10 per item, which would not be honored.

Then I received another shipment with the same scenario. I requested that I am not charged return shipping as I had no intention of paying $80 for antlers! I was informed to return the items to the store! She would not provide a free ship label or provide me with a credit for the cost. The representative claimed they are doing their best to stand up to the standards of Foster and Smith. That will never happen based on what I experienced today. Such a disappointment. Petco is not a "family" pet store. Prices are outrageous.

Petco Company Information