2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Pedigree Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Original review: July 24, 2020

I recently bought a box of pouches as a treat to top off my pups dry food. Started feeding it to her on Friday and over the weekend she was really gassy and by Monday I woke up to multiple accidents in this house which looked like straight blood. By Monday night the poor thing was lethargic and then was waking me up every thirty minutes to have bloody diarrhea and then started vomiting what looked like blood! I’ve started her on rice and boiled chicken and she is slowly getting better. I couldn’t throw that box of crap away quick enough!! Now I’ve come across these reviews and feel horrible about unknowingly feed her something that has made her so ill. Shame on you Pedigree!

Original review: July 19, 2020

I have always used Pedigree canned dog food but this last time in the last 2 weeks my dogs have had diarrhea and some kind of jelly blood in it. Taking dogs to vet and hope they can help. I don't know what happened but whatever they are using now, during this pandemic is making our dogs ill and has killed others according to the reviews. I am calling pedigree and complain. Others should too.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2020

My dogs have been on Pedigree food (canned wet food & dry) for 3 years now and lately (past 2 weeks) they are having nothing but diarrhea from the chicken & rice canned food and the chicken & vegetable dry food. What is going on now with this food? Did the company start making it different cause all my dogs do now is crap all day & night! I’m calling their vet on Monday and changing their food immediately and not buying Pedigree ever again.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Just bought this the other day (because there seems to be a shortage of our regular dog food) and fed a can to my 3 year old 100lb Great Pyrenees. Within 20 minutes he got so sick with uncontrollable diarrhea. I mean this poor dog couldn’t hold it in. He has never had an accident in the house before. This pure liquid diarrhea continued all day. He was lethargic and laid in one spot most of the day. We had to hose him off FIVE times that day because it was just everywhere and just kept coming. I made him rice and plain grilled chicken and eventually got him to eat. The symptoms disappeared after 24 hours. Now I have a case of it that I don’t even feel comfortable donating to the MSPCA. DO NOT FEED THIS TO YOUR DOG!!

Original review: June 26, 2020

Hercules had diarrhea after 5 days of eating the canned food. I put him on white rice with beef and the diarrhea went away. We started him on his regular food again which was the canned Pedigree. 3 days later and here we are with him having diarrhea again. We will no longer be buying anything from pedigree. I am very worried about our Hercules.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I started giving my Beagle x Lab this as a topping and within a day or two and she became sick with diarrhea and throwing up. She is diabetic so this is quite serious. Also noticed white foam in her urine that is very serious. Luckily I pulled her off it and the symptoms are starting to lessen. I will NOT be using this anymore!!! DO NOT BUY.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I have used Pedigree dog for for 6 years and my dogs did fine eating it. I bought up several bags from Walmart to stock up because of the pandemic. Three big healthy Great Danes & a big Shepard ate the dog food. Riddick, Tino, Baby & Wolf. My dogs started acting sick and after a week refused to eat. They got weak throwing up & gagging. Then the diarrhea. They all died in 10 days! It has crushed my family and we know that it was the Pedigree dog food. The dog food poisoned my dogs. We loved our dogs and it has been a month since they ate the poisoned food and I still cannot believe what happened to them. I cry all the time because I fed it to them and feel betrayed by Pedigree. Never, Never buy Pedigree if you love your dogs. I hate you Pedigree!

Original review: April 12, 2020

I was unable to find the Alpo canned food that I usually fed my dog during the Pandemic, so I started buying Pedigree instead. I usually feed him one can along with 4 cups of Purina One Pure instinct kibble. He was a 70 lb 5 year old Siberian Husky. I had been feeding him the Pedigree canned food for 2-3 weeks. He seemed to like it. He began drinking more water than usual (2-3 times more) for the past few days, but seemed healthy otherwise. We walked a few miles everyday. Yesterday morning, I found him lying dead in my backyard. I don’t know what else could have poisoned him like this. After reading other recent reviews of this product, I believe this is what killed him.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I have used this product for 30 years. Since they have made one third of the can some type of jelly it is making my pets sick. They will not eat it at all. They opt for their dry food instead. Someone needs to investigate. I have two vet bills from continuous vomiting and diarrhea. They are passing blood in their stools. My 8 year old dog died. I hope this saves someone else from that type of heartbreak. I have not seen any type of recall on this but I do see others with the same complaint. Please advise.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I have my dog a can of Pedigree canned dog food, that we had leftover from a previous pet, that we had to put down a few weeks prior. The next morning he had bloody diarrhea and vomiting throughout the next two days. I brought him to emergency vet. He had a GI infection from food Bourne illness that was likely caused by the canned dog food. You would think after all these recent complaints, pedigree would do a recall or investigation on their food. For the safety of your pet, stay away from pedigree.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Information