Find a Dog Food partner

3. Dog Food

3.8/5 (263 ratings)
Find a Dog Food partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Ol Roy Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Ol Roy Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Ol Roy took my best friend of 8 years from me! On 10/9/21 my husband & I went grocery shopping & as usual we bought Kash’s dog food but Walmart was out of his “normal” dog food. I’m assuming due to the shortage. So we bought Ol Roy dry dog food for the first time. It was a Saturday evening when we bought it & by Wednesday I noticed Kash had stopped eating. My dog had a big appetite so I knew something was off when he didn’t eat. He became fatigue & was laying around a lot more than normal. Then he started having bloody diarrhea & vomiting & walking like he was drunk, his eyes were very red. He became very weak & couldn’t stand. He then passed away a few days later.

I remembered we had switched his dog food to Ol Roy so I looked online & found so many more stories of dogs getting severely sick or dying! I’m so heartbroken that this happened & is still happening. I don’t understand how this dog food is still being sold after so many dogs have become sick & died because of this poison! That’s exactly what it is is poison! It needs to be taken off the shelves! Someone has to stand up for our furry friends! This needs to stop! I’m sharing my story in hopes of helping and saving other dogs!

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have never fed my 3 dogs Ol Roys food before but decided to give it a try one time when I didn't feel up to going to the store that sells the brand of food I normally use. I really wish I hadn't been so lazy. I mixed some of their old food with the new Ol Roys dry food, topping their meal off with some Ol Roys canned food for a little gravy mix. My dogs are little guys so I am always very good about not overfeeding them. Imagine my surprise when one of them started getting very bloated and constipated right away, another one became very sleepy and quit eating her food, and the third dog began vomiting after finishing his meal. This all happened after one small meal, which I thought at first could just be related to the change in the new food.

However, with each meal throughout the week, the dogs would all get sick. I knew it was this brand of food because they had been fine before I made the change, and their sickness came on so suddenly after eating the first meal. We pulled them off the food, threw it away, and started them back on the food that worked well for them before. I never should have changed their food, and I never should have been lazy and gone with Ol Roy. It's a dangerous product that should not be on the market. PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS FOOD OR ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS BRAND...IT WILL HARM YOUR PET. It messed my dog's systems up so bad they still aren't back to normal.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2021

After reading these reviews on Ol Roy dog food, I am very concerned. My chiweenie started eating this food and after a case, has become very ill. We took him to the vet and he now has liver failure and heart failure. He was vomiting and brought him into the vet and we are convinced that this fog food is what hot him very ill. There is no hope for him and have to make the difficult decision to have to put him down, so he will stop suffering. Before eating this dog food, he was healthy and happy. Our Chiweenie has been with our family for 13 years, our whole family is devastated.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I had just adopted a German Shepherd who is an aggressive chewer and loves treats. I got these dog treats as an afternoon treat before dinner. He literally threw up 3 times within minutes of finishing it. Knew it was the treat cause the only other thing he's eaten all day was a milk bone treat he's been eating all week. I was really hoping this would be a good treat for him as it wasn't too expensive but no. Will never get any Ol Roy dog food again. They must have done something different cause I never had this problem 8 years ago with my other dogs.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

We bought a bag of Ol Roy dry dog food for our dogs. Our Rottweiler ate some of it and was very sleepy. I did not realise that it could be the food. Our Pekingese was less lucky. We took her to the vet as she became very ill after consuming the Ol Roy food. She was vomiting and blood started coming out with her very runny stool. The Vet told us that it seemed as though she had been poisoned. They could not pull her through. We had to try and trace what could have poisoned her or made her ill. When I mentioned we changed their food to Ol Roy our Vet was very concerned. He said that we should stop giving it immediately. Our Rottweiler luckily survived but reading all the reviews here I am certain it was the Ol Roy food that made our dogs sick and was responsible for the death of our Pekingese.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

We noticed our pit bull was throwing up immediately after eating this brand of food. We purchased a new brand right away however as I was dumping the 50 pound bag of food, I found a dead mouse, explains why he was getting sick.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP. It causes digestive issues and urinary tract infections in dogs. The item was substituted in a home delivery grocery order and was not my choice. Within just two feedings my dog became ill but I didn't know it was this canned food. The next time this canned food was served several weeks later my dog again became ill with the same issues. Do not buy this product and throw it out immediately if you have.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I bought the their puppy chow for my 7 month old lab/pit mix thinking it'd be a better choice. She has become very lethargic and can't stop throwing up. Poor thing is miserable! Never again. Don't do it.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Due to pandemic and shortage of specific dog foods I attempted to order Pedigree and Ol Roy from Walmart. Of course they provided Ol Roy. My dog became very ill after 2 days barely able to walk requiring Veterinarian care. $250 later and an array of antibiotics and steroids thankfully my Neiko seems to be recovering. In hindsight this same thing happened two years back to both my labs again after being fed Ol Roy that visit requiring more extensive care, tests and overnight stay (2-3 days) ran us well over $2,000. If your furry baby hasn't yet experienced illness due to this food it is just a matter of time... Don't risk it!

Original review: July 19, 2020

I recently bought Ol' Roy jerky sticks (beef flavor) from Walmart to try and save money. I usually buy different treats from Petsmart to give him a variety and to see which ones he likes the best. I never had a problem until now. I barely got into the bag before they started messing with his stomach. He had really bad gas and constantly pooping. We immediately knew what was wrong and basically threw the whole bag away. I'm hoping since we caught it early it won't be too much of a problem. I'm not saying it doesn't work for other dogs, I personally will never buy ol'roy products again because it makes him sick.

Ol Roy Pet Foods Company Information