Find a Dog Food partner

3. Dog Food

3.8/5 (263 ratings)
Find a Dog Food partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Ol Roy Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Ol Roy Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

A little more than a month ago I purchased the Ol' Roy dog treats original biscuits along with dog vitamins. I began giving the two to my pup and within two days he was lethargic, vomiting and had uncontrollable stool. I figured it was either the vitamins or the treats since they were the only two new changes made. After a days of not consuming either one my dog was slowly coming back to normal. I was in constant contact with the vet and was making sure my pup was hydrated and if worsen I knew to take him in. Luckily it passed and he was okay. I stopped giving him the treats and the vitamins. This occurred like towards the end of October.

Now today my niece found the treats in the pantry and gave two to my older dog. She has since had uncontrollable bloody stool and is constantly vomiting! It is definitely the treats as there has been no changes to her diet except the fact that she consumed the treats today! These treats should not be sold at stores if they are not safe for our pets. It was too good to be true when I bought them at Walmart for a dollar! Now I really hope my older dog makes it through. I don’t know if she’ll be as strong as my puppy was. Also I wish I had the receipt but I tossed it as soon as I walked out of Walmart. I will definitely start saving my receipts from now on!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The price of Ol Roy is reasonable and the different flavors are good. I switch flavors about every other month. There have had no complaints from the dogs so it is Okay.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Ol Roy is all I can afford and I know it is ** and if I could afford better I would go with Nutro or Blue Buffalo. It is my wishes to feed my dogs better but I am doing the best I can.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

He just recently started eating Ol Roy, but so far likes as long as it is moist. He does not like it when it gets hard, he won't eat it. So we give him small amounts throughout the day.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Ol Roy is very affordable and my dog loves it. He has ate Ol Roy for six years and he never tires of it, however he didn't like the bacon flavored Ol Roy nearly as well as the original flavor.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Ol Roy Pet Foods is inexpensive and very nutritious food. My dog loved it! She cannot get enough of it. Always available at Wal-Mart and have a variety of products: wet/dry/treats!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My dogs like the Ol Roy brand because of the little green peas that are in it. They like the taste and the fact I let them have as much as they want all day long. It's economical for me as well.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We purchased Ol Roy bacon flavored, 50lbs. Within two days my German Shepherd was throwing up, uncontrollable diarrhea, with blood. I had to take her to vet twice. We live in the country so I assumed she got into something. Until the neighborhood stray who always came by to eat refused to eat this food and she is pregnant. She did this several times. So I put out that Ol Roy. Wouldn't touch. Next to it put the new food I had bought my dog after she had not ate in 6 days, I really thought she was going to die. She gulped it down, I finally figured it out! Especially with one of the other people telling their tale lives about 5 miles from me!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I bought this Ol Roy Complete Nutrition 50lbs bag on October 30th 2017. My baby girl is almost 2. Since she has eaten this she had been VERY sick. Vomiting, bloody uncontrollable diarrhea, very lifeless. This product should NOT be on the shelves. I am sending a letter to the local news channels, Ol Roy themselves and Walmart. Took my dog to the vet today. He said, "It's definitely her food, she may not make it through the night." I am DEVASTATED!!! My other 2 have started getting sick today also. I have pulled their food and praying it isn't too late. They are my babies not just dogs. I am appalled at all these reviews and yet this stuff is still on the shelves. If my dog dies I WILL take legal action.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Right after feeding the food to our boy he went into a seizure today. The seizures started last night. We took him to the emergency vet last night and regular vet today. Prescribed meds to stop seizures. The seizures got smaller so we thought he was okay with the meds. We have used the food before but never saw our chihuahua mix have seizures. He did start acting really needy and clingy. We were just starting the second box of canned foods. He is usually very spunky and full of life. Tonight after giving him his anti seizure meds and half a can of the food he went into a big long seizure. I have been reading up on what triggers seizures and thought maybe high sodium content in the food could be the cause until reading all of these reviews! I cannot believe this stuff is still on the shelf!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Feed her several cans over a period of two days. Within 24 hours -- she got unrelenting diarrhea. Stopped food immediately -- as this was only change. Diarrhea has not stopped yet (a week ongoing now). Does not respond to bland diet... Wish I had read these reviews before buying.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Complete nutrition and bacon dry dog food - I recently bought 3 big bags of Ol Roy dog food. I have 5 pit bulls... 2 males and 3 females which are pregnant. They were healthy dogs up until we started them on Ol Roy when they all started diarrhea and bleeding out their rectum. They are vomiting and just laying around. My male dog was suffering from the loss of his back legs, could barely walk. I'm so highly upset right now. These people need to be sued... We as the people who buy their product should be reimbursed. I will be so highly upset if I lose my babies... They are my kids, my world, my everything! Please help me because right now I am in tears reading these reviews on Ol Roy.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Fed my dog Ol Roy soft and moist beef and cheese packets. About 30 minutes after he ate it, he was gagging and drinking water no stop. This stuff is NOT good for pets. He's lying around and isn't feeling well at all. Something needs to be done about this!!!! The Best by date on the box is Aug. 2018. 72146002 1011L01.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I bought and fed my 12 lb. 9 year old dog Fergie, a tin of Ol Roy food as a treat on Friday. Overnight and all day Saturday she had diarrhea. Sunday, she started having uncontrollable grand mal seizures, which continued every 3 hours, some back to back. By Monday morning Fergie had approximately 20 seizures, along with laboured congestive breathing. I had to put her to sleep because she was so sick. Blood tests showed that there were no health problems that would cause such sickness. We had a perfectly healthy dog until she ingested Ol Roy, now she is gone and we are heartbroken. We decided to google the food and came up with this site. Have any of you gone further to get this taken off shelves or is nobody taking this serious.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

On Thursday August 10,2017 I purchased Ol Roy dog food at Wal-Mart. I decided to go with that brand because I wanted to try something new for my dogs. I fed it to them. 1 of my dog was eating it and stop it. I thought maybe to myself he didn't like the food, then my other dog started throwing up and feeling sick, after that the rest of my dogs got sick too also after eating that dog food. They were all throwing up, didn't want to play, lay around and looking very sick. This was exactly 4 days after I purchased this dog food... I need corporate or someone to do something about this. It's killing my dogs slowly. I'm very angry and sad for my dogs. They to do a recall on this dog food and give me my money back. It hurts to see my dogs go through this. This should be recalled and reported on the news! It's killing everyone's dogs!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My vet visits, the wonderful compliments they get speaks volumes. I have only seen them on a recall list one time. Best of all they actually like the food and no skin problems. I have just about tried them all and many my dogs just refuse to eat. Yes, they are spoiled and are also fed raw foods to go along with the dry kibble.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Our Maddie is so particular about her food but Ol Roy truly satisfies her. She eats 3 times a day. She even enjoys the biscuits too. She's about 6 yrs. old and still enjoys the Ol Roy puppy food.

Original review: July 18, 2017

My 9 yr old Husky/Lab mix, Bailey was eating the Ol' Roy Complete Nutrition for a few years and just seemed to stop eating so we figured it was getting too hard for her to chew. So we decided to try the Ol' Roy Dinner Rounds last week (7/13/17) because they are chewy. She seemed to love it and ate the hell out of it. We noticed the past couple days she really wasn't eating much. Sunday morning (7/16/2017) She was completely normal. Barking at us and jumping around to tell us she had to go out. Walking in front of us, practically tripping us in the process. Being her normal Bailey-self. By afternoon she seemed a little out of it. Like she just wasn't feeling well. Late that night she started to pant heavily and threw up. It was white and milky looking. I let her out in case she got sick again and she just plopped down in the grass in front of the house. She just wouldn't move or do anything but lay there and look pitiful.

I called my husband outside and she wagged her tail but still didn't move. After a while she got up and threw up again. She moved a couple times but not very far. We noticed her breathing was very labored. We were outside for over an hour with her. I brought out some water and she drank it like she hadn't had water in weeks. She kept resting her head on her bowl between long chugs of water. She wasn't able to keep the water down long and threw it up moments later. She then went and hid under one of the shrubs front of the house. We couldn't even reach her. We finally got her to come out and tried to get her to come in the house but she couldn't make it up the steps and just collapsed.

My husband had to pick her up and carry her inside. He laid her down a few feet from the door. Her breathing went from labored to shallow in a matter of minutes. There was nothing we could do. We knew a vet couldn't help. She was just too far gone. We would've been lucky to find one open at that time anyway. Bailey took her last breath early Monday morning with my husband, our kids and me with her. We miss her terribly. It just seemed odd that just 4 days after switching to the Ol' Roy Dinner Rounds my dog suddenly died. She was an inside dog so we know she didn't get into anything. She never ate or drank anything she shouldn't. I honestly believe it was the dog food that killed her.

Original review: July 10, 2017

My son brought this dog food home last night. We normally feed our coonhound mix and mini dachshund 4Health chicken and rice. We gave them one bowl and shortly after the doxie vomited. The coon dog also vomited, but appears okay this morning. We rushed the dachshund to the vet. She was cold and lethargic. It looks like her liver is shutting down and I don't think she is going to make it. This product is to blame. Horrible and should not be allowed to be sold.

Original review: June 16, 2017

We got Ol Roy bacon flavored food 50 lb bag and it's made 3 of my dogs very sick, the other 2 dogs wont eat it. My dogs got diarrhea and one can't even walk and is at the vet now, very lethargic and just limp. Blood tests are not showing anything and waiting on X rays. But it's definitely the food. All dogs are healthy and active until now, my one who cant walk doesn't look good at all, I pray he makes it through. Never buying this brand again. Reading all the reviews it's so scary that this is still being sold.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Ol Roy Multi Flavored Basted Biscuits - Bought a box of these cookies at Walmart a few days ago. I have 4 dogs, 3 small and one medium one. Have been giving the cookies to them a few times a day after they go outside to do their necessities. Needless to say that my big one got really sick. Started vomiting and with chronic diarrhea. The others followed with the same symptoms. This is the first product I try from that brand, and I will never buy it again. I am taking whatever is left from the box to Walmart, and I plan to hold them liable for it if they give me any trouble exchanging it. This company should be shut down. They are selling bad products. Who knows what they put in it. Do not buy Ol Roy products if you really care for your dogs.

Original review: June 14, 2017

My German Shepherd vomited constantly and had diarrhea after eating Ol' Roy Bacon Flavored Dog Food. He refuses to eat any more of it (and he loves to eat)! I had only fed it to him a few times and I hope that he will be ok. I am taking this bag back to Walmart and telling them it is toxic and that I think Walmart should recall it.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I've been buying these treats for years and my dogs have always gobbled them right down. I bought a 15 lb. box of large multi-flavored biscuits 2 days ago and some of them turned away. Has something changed? Have 15 rescued dogs and do not want them getting sick. I am concerned about half of them won't touch the treats.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Ol Roy killed our dogs - April 26, 2017 my roommate's beloved Wabash passed away after being diagnosed with renal failure from out of blue. She had eaten Ol Roy Soft & Moist for six year. She suffered from UTI's without cause for most of those years. Wana was bought a new supply of food in April. She eat only one pouch, then refused to eat. She was bought other food of which she only eat very little. She was lethargic and became very unsteady on her feet. She was also leaking urine.

Taken to the vet on 3rd day of this misery. She was put on antibiotics, blood work and UA. Two days after that by phone we were told renal failure stage 4. This was unbelievable and from out of nowhere. Less than a week ago she was playing in the yard. We desperately against odds tried to save her. Then Chubbs, my own dog suffered almost the exact same symptoms and faint. It wasn't until after their deaths and trying to talk through our grief that we realized the food.

I had given the stray cats in the backyard the leftover supply of food from both our dogs. The starving strays refused to eat it. Eating the canned pumpkin first. The one cat that did consume some of it lay lifeless for three days vomiting. There was dead birds at the corner of my yard. Wana, after just 11 days our baby girl lost her life. My Chubbs just 13 after that. I'm hurt, crushed and mad as hell to think that a company I trusted to have the best interest of my family member at their core, used me as the catalyst to harm and murder that family member and I paid them making them more wealthy for the ultimate betrayal!!!

How is this being overlooked, who is keeping this under the rug and lining their pockets with blood money. Why has Wal-Mart not done what any respectable company should and pull it from their shelves until it's proven safe. To protect their consumer and our loved one. After all it can't be profitable to kill your clientele. Or maybe it can and I for one want a answer so my loved babies didn't die in vain. We all need to demand answers from someone... OL ROY, WALMART, AND DOANE. Don't shut up until they Reply for the god these are our families!!! Soft & Moist sell best by March 2018. #708060022006L01. Best by February 2018. #705960021609L04. February 2018. #705960020938L0. March 2018. #706760021325L01

Original review: May 22, 2017

Ol Roy Bacon Flavored dog food is a bad product. My mother's German Shepherd nearly died from eating it. We didn't know that it caused her dog to be sick and my Dachshund ate it and nearly died. Her dog exhibited vomiting, extreme lethargy, nausea, even appeared to have a sore throat. He lost about 15 lbs in 5 days. We figured out it was the dog food because my Dachshund ate a very small portion. My 10 lb dog is now 6 lbs and still isn't back to his normal behavior. He too vomited, as soon as the water would hit his stomach he'd gag, vomit, dry heave. Couldn't even pick his head up after 2 solid days of this. No diarrhea (We feared Parvo) but unbelievably sick. I wouldn't give this dog food to anything that you want to live. I know not to ever buy this brand, for any reason, ever again.

Original review: May 18, 2017

My dogs have got sick on the last bag of Nutrition 40 lbs. Ol Roy. Had one die on my way to vets. The other just got out of the vets after a week on IV. Have her on strict chicken and rice I make Dr. recommendation. Something wrong with the food. It's sad to see my husky go that way.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I fed my dogs Ol Roy wet dog food this morning and when I checked on them a few hours later both my dogs have extremely swollen gums. To the point his gums are covering his teeth. Why is this company even still in business???

Original review: May 4, 2017

Been buying this Ol Roy Soft & Moist Dog food for about six months for our geriatric dog. Up until recently he would scarf it down. This weekend he stopped eating and drinking, started throwing up blood clots, got diarrhea and then diarrhea with blood, couldn't keep any water, medicine, or food down without it coming up within seconds. Two trips to the vet in two days and two IVs along with oral meds which he can't keep down and two shots of anti-nausea meds. This food is the only thing he ate. Do not buy Ol Roy Soft & Moist Dog food.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I bought a 50lb bag. I open it. All I smell is chemicals coming from the bag. Then I noticed something inside. It's a big clump of what looks to be a dust bunny. Extremely angry. Will be taking back. And never buying anything again from Ol Roy.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I purchased a bag of Ol Roy Bacon flavor on my way through Walmart because his normal brand was sold out. Not long after eating the food I went outside on Friday afternoon to discover that neither my Yellow Labrador nor my Dachshund had eaten their food. This was immediately strange to me so I walked the perimeter of my yard and looked around for something odd in my yard that maybe had been thrown over the fence or that they might had eaten/chewed on, Nothing!

Saturday morning, both my babies were very slow in getting out of their beds and not in a big hurry to go outside and play/potty etc? Definitely something wrong. Again, neither one will eat! Barely drinking water. Now here it is Sunday and I am writing to ConsumerAffairs as both of my dogs stopped eating/drinking completely. I cooked up some chicken breast and cut it up in super small pieces and some soft boiled rice, they wouldn't even eat that! I live in Central Idaho and there are no vets over the weekend so I will have to wait until Monday to see what's wrong with my animals. I have every reason to suspect that the Dog food is the problem! I am going to have it tested for chemicals that should not be in it/and or traces menadione. If I lose my dogs Ol Roy execs will be sued! They are a part of my family and do not deserve to go through this kind of pain. I will keep everyone posted.

Ol Roy Pet Foods Company Information