2. Pets

Nutro Dog Food

4.0/5 (713 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Nutro Dog Food

Click "Shop Now" to visit a retailer.

Pros

• Lists meat as first ingredient
  • Suitable for all life stages
  • Grain-free options

Cons

• Contains meat meals
  • Difficult for some dogs to digest

Bottom Line

Nutro Dog food available in a variety of textures and flavor profiles. Some reviews indicate the food might cause stomach issues.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Nutro Dog Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutro Dog Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

High Protein-Grain Free - The package looks high quality and I like the list of ingredients. It is healthier and not full of fillers like other dog foods are. It is recommended by my vet, friends, and family. My dogs love it and they seem healthier and happier all around now! The product is great.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My dog was throwing up and scratching, and after testing, they found out she was allergic to chicken. We switched to Nutro and never looked back. Nutro's lamb & rice is good for my dog. It made her coat shine and thicker. It calms her stomach, makes her teeth white, and make her one happy dog for herself and the whole family. It's a fabulous product that I will always use. All pet owners should use this.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I chose Farm's Harvest because the ingredients looked better than some others and I was curious if my dog would like it or not. I actually bought it the first time because I had a coupon and I was curious to try it. I like them because it makes me feel like I am feeding my dog good food that isn't over processed. I also like the list of ingredients and my dog eats it up immediately and likes the taste. And, the bags are easy to carry and open.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Nutro Dog Food was from a company that I could trust and the ingredients for the price is very affordable. It comes in a variety of flavors so it never gets boring and also has options for other diets so no matter how your dog eats they have it. However, some of the recipes have ingredients that are not good for dogs and needs to be re-evaluated like corn and other added chemicals that the food can do without.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I chose Nutro over all other brands because it is grain-free and high in protein, therefore it is healthier for my dog. I have heard great things about it too and the benefits it offers. I also like the packaging of the food and the appearance is eye-catching. It does a good job at keeping my dog healthy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I was gonna try a few different brands and I came across this one and wanted to give it a try. I asked a salesperson about it, they had told me it's a great product so I decided to give it a shot. The Wild Frontier blend was interesting and it seems like a healthy choice for my dog during the winter season. It also has a great package. This product is probably the best I've seen in a long while and my dog absolutely love it. It makes her happy and playful and she's always anxious to give it a try. If I catch it on sale it is what I buy. However, I would change the price on it to a lower rating to be able to sell it to more pet owners.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I really like the quality of the Lite & Weight Management dog food and its ingredients. It's easy on my senior dog's digestion. Affordable price and great value for its quality and recommended by our veterinarian. My only suggestion is I would improve the level of protein versus grains/fillers and additives. Naturally sourced and locally or USA made/grown ingredients. But it has a long standing, good reputation with veterinarians and consumers alike. Proven successful results and even appeals to my picky pup. Combine that with exemplary customer service and it's a win-win.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

My dog had hard time eating other kinds of foods but the Nutro grain free suits him good and he loves to eat it. He always comes as quick as he can because he can smell and hear me pouring the food into the bowl and he runs to get it when he's hungry. It's not the most expensive price to buy but I wish they include a little more food in the bag and make a bundle with a toy.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Natural ingredients and great flavors all dogs really really like. My dog really likes Nutro Original Formula and has no complaints about it. It has great variety and flavors seem natural and not artificial. No added hormones or unnecessary ingredients. Legitimately wholesome and nutritious. Contains things dogs need to grow healthy. Probably has vitamins needed. Color of the bag and design catches attention. Big bold lettering and the happy dogs on the front of the bag. Could be better if variety of flavors were offered and bigger bags, possibly club bags. Also better if it was organic but then again the price would have to go up. Price is expensive but quality is great that's why.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I liked the Limited Ingredient for my dog's sensitive stomach. She's already had ACL surgery and this was the only dog food with glucosamine and chondroitin for her joints. I wouldn't trust Iams if they said their products had it. I didn't dislike anything but the price, and maybe improve the taste. One of my dogs runs to her bowl but the other is picky.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Lite & Weight Management - I liked the fact that meat was the first ingredient listed on the package. I also like the fact that it has oatmeal and rice for my dog's sensitive stomach. Nutro came highly recommended by a friend that gave it to her dogs because I was looking for something that would be good for my dog's sensitive stomach. Nutro has met and exceeded all my expectations.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I know the brand is a reliable, safe, and trusted brand for generations. It has a natural, wholesome image and I know that my dog enjoys eating it as the basis for every meal. Also, controls his weight as he ages and seems to be a healthy and nutritious, fully balanced diet to offer him. But I would like more variety of flavors to select from because I like to change up his diet so he experiences various flavors but don't want to change the actual Lite & Weight Management food he is receiving.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Nutro is an all-natural dog food that provides the nutrients that maintains my dog's overall health. My dog loves the natural flavors, and I feel great about feeding it to him, knowing that it's healthy (yet delicious to him as he GOBBLES it up). It is well-made, high-quality, and by a company that cares about my dog's well-being. Nutro original formula provides enjoyment for my dog during mealtime. Also, it is readily available where I shop. It meets my dog's needs and he has a shiny coat. I love the convenience of the product and I am also extremely pleased with the value for the price.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Nutro Dog Food has met my expectations and much more. It does what it advertises and I feel is a healthy brand. Something that I am proud to give to my pet. I like the variety of flavors and the textures. I like how much energy it gives my dog and how much healthier he seems. It helps him to keep his weight at a healthy amount while giving him the flavor he loves. He is much more active and happier all the time. I am a huge fan of the brand and a variety of textures, meaning wet or dry or wet/Dry combo would be a well appreciated addition to the line.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

The vet recommended Nutro Lite & Weight Management Dog Food and my dogs really seem to like it. The dogs are always healthy and I do not want to change anything in case the dog food is contributing to their health. I do not seem to find any Nutro products at my local grocery store so I have to go to a specialty pet store to pick up my dog food. I have been very happy with the product.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

It looks nutritious, smells good. It is healthy for my dog and she eats it eagerly. It also keeps her happy and full of life. I love it and so does my dog. I like everything about it, although it is a little expensive, they could reduce the price a little. Otherwise it is perfect, nothing to dislike, do not change it. Nutro has good reviews online, I liked the list of ingredients and my friend recommended it. It seems more nutritious than other brands and is widely available.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I originally tried this food (original formula) because the price was good and then I noticed that my dogs really like it and eat all of their food when I serve this to them. It doesn't make my dogs stink the way other food has and has met and exceeded my expectations.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I like that Farm's Harvest is natural and has the taste my dogs love and the different varieties. Also, the ingredients are understandable. I especially love that it has the small breed brand available for my Yorkies. They have small dogs in mind when making this formula. I like the nutritional value and the taste my dogs love. I would like to ask if they could bring out more flavor combinations and a much bigger bag. A bag that is easy to pour would be a welcomed addition as well.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I feed High Endurance Nutro to my dog so that my dog has nutrients to fuel him going forward into his day so he is full of life and happy all day long and bounds around. The price of each bag so I can actually afford to buy him more treats and toys each month so that he's a happier dog thru the month and a happy dog is a happy best friend to have. I buy it because my dog loves it and eats it better than he does any other bag brand, it's the one he chooses in that way. I listen to my dog in that sense.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Nutro Dog Food is very flavorful, tasty, and nutritious. We enjoy it. My dog enjoyed it very much and enjoys the texture. She enjoys coming home to a fresh bowl after a long walk. The price and the affordability of the product I liked very much. The size of the bags are perfect and it makes it easier to distribute to my dog. Maybe more meat like texture would be good and some added veggies but overall it is fine.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I wanted a high protein food that wasn't full of grains and fillers. I was looking for a product that would be beneficial for my high energy English Shepherd and Nutro met all my expectations, with the added bonus that my dog would actually eat the food. He is very fussy and turns up his nose at many different brands of food. Wild Frontier has no artificial preservatives, color or flavors. It is a high quality food made with high quality ingredients. If the price was a bit lower, it would be the perfect food. It is quite high even for a high quality brand.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

The Nutro Dog Food is perfect for my dog and he is happy and likes it too much. It's a great dog food and it's his absolute favorite in the world. I always feed him the grain free one because he has a very sensitive stomach and it had made him so healthy. It's super good and the top food that you can ever get.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I chose Nutro High Protein-Grain Free awhile ago to try and my dogs went nuts over it. They simply loved the taste. It's a very high protein that my pets enjoy eating and gives them the best nutrients they need as a growing dog. It's also easy on the owners. It has everything it needs for a great product. It is a very good dog food with great benefits.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Wild Frontier gives a dog the basic paleolithic kinds of nutrients they would get from foods in the wild they would actually catch and eat so it should suffice for their needs. I like it because it is a cozy kind of brand from this general area available at the stores I like to shop in like Farm and Fleet. In the past their quality control has been lacking so they need more domestic expertise there to make sure it is from American sources without any iffy foreign ingredients present.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Greatly appreciate Nutro Lite & Weight Management brand over other brands. It's made with the finest natural ingredients and no additives added. It has all the nutrients and dietary needs that a dog requires. It's also great for all sizes and ages of dogs. It mostly have special prices and is affordable and dependable. It has great flavors that every dog will love to have. Just needs a few more flavors to be added to the list but my dog really likes this brand and all the different flavors. It has all different types of food like the dry chewy ones and the wet food. This dog food is of very high standard and has greatly met my expectations. Great food for great value.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Nutro is healthy for my dog and would buy it again. I also like the packaging it comes in. It makes me feel more confident in buying it because I am buying from a confident brand. It is a good price and I wouldn't mind paying a little extra, though I will look for sales. I will continue to buy it from my favorite store. I am very pleased with the product and other dog brands don't match the needs that this brand gives.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

It was the large amount off that drew me to try the Nutro Lite & Weight Management Dog food and see if my dog would like it. They offered grain free as well as weight management in a convenient 30 lbs bag at a convenient store location. But I think the cost was just a little high.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

My dog is very picky, I decided to try this Grain Free out to give my pet some variety. But it's not available in all pet food stores. The local store that I usually shop at stocks several pet food brands, but unfortunately this is not one of them. But she enjoyed the food initially and is currently eating it on a regular basis. Also, I like that the food is grain free and comes in a variety of blends that my dog enjoys. My dog is pretty picky and after a few months of using this product, she has not got bored of it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Original formula - I like that it is all natural and healthy for my dogs, and also affordable and premium. They have good ingredients that are whole foods and the pet store here offers a buy 6 get one bag free. The kibble is a good shape, not too big and not too small. My dog really enjoys the food! I really like everything about it but I do not want to have corn in the food at all. I noticed some of the food has corn in it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I started using Nutro when I first got my dog. There was a Nutro representative in the store (either PetCo or PetSmart), and he saw that I was looking at different brands. He told me about the benefits of Nutro, and I've bought it ever since. Nutro contains only high quality ingredients, nutritionally balanced and does not contain a lot of artificial additives or ingredients. It's very bland in appearance, but as long as my dog likes it and benefits from it, I don't think that's very important. It keeps my dog healthy. His coat is beautiful, he's vibrant and has a lot of energy. It's not as readily available as some other brands, but I don't mind going out of my way to get a good product.

Nutro Dog Food Company Information