2. Pets

Nutro Dog Food

4.0/5 (718 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Nutro Dog Food

Click "Shop Now" to visit a retailer.

Pros

• Lists meat as first ingredient
  • Suitable for all life stages
  • Grain-free options

Cons

• Contains meat meals
  • Difficult for some dogs to digest

Bottom Line

Nutro Dog food available in a variety of textures and flavor profiles. Some reviews indicate the food might cause stomach issues.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Nutro Dog Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutro Dog Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I like the beefy chunks, no fillers fresh grains, vegetables, nothing artificial plant based dog food. Also, Nutro original formula has essentials vitamins and minerals that my dogs need to help them stay active. I liked the ingredients, it has more than met my expectations. My dogs love the food and do not like other dry dog foods. Would definitely choose it again. There is nothing that I would improve upon except maybe back off on the price a bit or at least have more coupons available.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I chose Nutro dog food because I heard good reviews online, the price was not too high, and most of the ingredients were good. It is sold at most popular grocery stores, including Walmart and Publix. I like how it contains natural and wholesome ingredients that my senior pug dog loves to eat. He demonstrates a significant improvement in mental and physical ability when he eats this brand of food each day. However, I would like for it to contain less harmful "filler" ingredients. These ingredients include names of foods that I cannot understand or pronounce. Often, it is difficult to learn more about these specific ingredients.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

The initial reason I purchased this particular brand is because I have heard many good things about this line. I have seen them on commercials and even done research online to compare the product to other brands out there. The features that I like about this High Endurance dog food is 30/20 protein to fat ratio. It helps to give your dog energy and muscle recovery. Nutro was made to fuel your dog with all the nutrients they need to stay healthy at all times. There is nothing that I dislike about the Nutro Dog Food brand itself. The only thing that I don't like about it is the price of their products. Although I understand that you will always pay for premium ingredients and high-quality line.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My neighbors, friends, and co-workers who have pets highly recommended Nutro High Protein-Grain Free Dog Food. I had read other positive reviews about it as well. I gave it a shot, and it completely lived up to expectations. It is high in nutrients and my dog loves the taste, too. It offers the highest value in terms of price and quality on the market today.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I had a coupon and NUTRO was on sale so I decided I would try it and see if my dog would like it. It was a good deal. I like that it is natural, that you can pronounce all the ingredients, that it is grain-free and my dogs like it, it has a good texture and several different flavors that my dogs like. However, the puppy formula is not small enough for toy-size puppies. I wish there were several sizes of puppy formula, I also wish that they had recloseable bags like Hill's Science Diet. When you leave the food in the bag you have to put a clip on it to close the bag.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I like that Wild Frontier is high quality, nutritious and delicious for my dog. It makes me feel good about giving him. I also like that they come in various sizes and there are various blends that benefit my dog more than generic brands. It has given my dog energy, kept him feeling great and keeping him satisfied. It has also kept my dog's weight in check. I like that it smells great and doesn't leave a mess after my dog makes it. I would like if the packages were resealable or that they offered a few more different varieties and flavors. I also wish that it was easier to find at local grocery stores as well so I could easily pick up.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

When reading the labels at our local pet-smart we found that Nutro Grain Free had a better balance of calories per serving, low fat and carbs, and is high in protein which helps my dog maintain a healthy weight while not eating a lot of nutrient lacking grain. It is also great that they offer a "small breed" option in grain free as many companies do not. It is one of the best-balanced options available on the market today and had great flavor options so we knew we could find one our dog would love.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Angel and Max were not wanting to eat their food. We did some research and Nutro Dog Food was one of the top 10 that was recommended. They've tried it and really like it. They had also gotten very gassy eating other brands. No more gas. It is easy for my dogs to digest. I like the size of the kibbles which are not so big that they make crumbs and are all around their bowl. Nutro dog food smells like real food. You can smell the salmon after the dogs have eaten it.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Nutro Wild frontier is a plant-based dry dog food using a notable amount of chicken or venison meals as its main sources of animal protein, thus earning the brand 4.5 stars. My wife and myself highly recommend this dog food, however due to its price, we cannot always afford it for our dogs.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I chose Nutro Lite & Weight Management over other dog foods because it looked suitable to feed to my dog. My dog likes it, and it seems to help my dog maintain a healthy weight which is a feature I particularly enjoy as I care about my animals greatly. It has definitely met the expectations I have for dog food.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Nutro Grain free seems to work really well with her digestive system, she no longer has gas issues and appears much more satisfied with the taste. The packaging is very easy to understand and I feel comfortable in selecting it for my dog. I trust the ingredients that are found in Nutro dog food. They have a much higher level of quality ingredients and I feel secure in knowing that their food is routinely tested for contaminants but I wish that there were more limited ingredients formulas available and a larger variety of flavors including more exotic flavors like some of the other brands provide for more discriminating tastes.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I like the wholesome all natural ingredients of Nutro Original. The type is for my small breed and the kibble size is made for them. The ingredient list is very easy to read and it is well-balanced with no additives. I like it the way it is but if I had to change something I would add whole dried ingredients that haven't been made into a kibble. For instance add chunk of the meat, fruit or vegetable. I dislike the price a bit too high. It is a great value when it is on sale and I have a coupon. My dogs love the wet food and my dogs are excited to eat it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Dogs love the taste of the Lite & Weight Management. Our older dog can digest/chew it well. Nutro dog food is very thick and rich and looks very filling for our dogs. It's priced well at Petsmart and cans are perfect size for our dogs. However, the food looks drier than other foods. Also, the dogs don't like quite as much as some others but we rotate and buy it often. It looks a bit heavy and is also chalky. But it's something different as our dogs don't get a lot of exercise and they've gotten heavier and older. Nutro satisfies them without spending a lot.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Nutro is easy to prepare, wonderful to digest for my dog. She loves the variety of tastes I can get! All natural ingredients in this food, so I can make sure it's a healthy and balanced food for my dog. I dislike that I have to drive a little longer to get this specific kind of brand and the price I think is a bit too high for that amount what I get! What I really like is that there is nothing inside of ingredients what could let me worried about the health of my dog! She is so picky in her food, she wouldn't touch it at all when she really dislike a food, so I was going to a lot of brands to figure out what she likes and this brand was one of her favorites, so of course I stick to it to make my dog happy!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I initially started using Nutro because of a friend's recommendation. She just loved and convinced me to try it out and I did and loved it! I had seen it in several stores and noticed all the different kinds and flavors for the dogs to have variety. I also like the all natural ingredients for my dogs to eat and apparently the flavor makes my dogs happy as can be. I was worried that my dogs would not even try it but they loved it. I love that my dogs love the taste and it is so good for them. My dogs' breath does not smell icky anymore either. They seem to have more energy and less sleeping and their coats are shiny and soft. My expectations were met 100% and I love this dog food.

I like that there are different sizes to buy and I like when I find coupons to buy it with! I wish the price was a bit cheaper so I could afford to buy it all the time so my dogs could enjoy the all natural products and be healthy from them. Most average people can not afford to buy this dog food because of the high prices. I would love to see the price drop or more coupons in Sunday flyers or even half price sales. Everything about the product is great. Otherwise I would buy it every time I need dog food.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I want to try something different and get the most bang for my buck and Nutro Lite & Weight Management is a great product. It comes from a great brand and it is healthy and good for my dog. He is very important to me and I want him to have the best food possible. If it is not the best he should not have it. However, the cost is too high. The size of the pieces are a little big and my Carlos is very little and likes them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My dog has had intestinal issues and was having horrible stomach upsets daily. She would go down and poop in our basement every day for a few weeks. So we started using Nutro Dog Food (Original Formula) in the last 3 months as recommended by a family member. So far we have only had a few upsets since switching.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Nutro Farm's Harvest is made with real meat and it has some healthy quality to it for my dog. I had initially chose this brand because of a friend and had also chose it because of a free sample I had received in the mail. I had also read some good reviews about this product. The brand has not disappointed me and my dog love this brand.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Nutro High Endurance Dog Food provides a wide variety of choices for different dogs and different stages of life/activity. It is more natural and easier for my dogs to digest than other brands. My dogs love the taste and are eager for feeding time. Some suggestions would be to have more flavor varieties. Maybe gourmet flavors that would be more "off the wall" than the traditional flavors offered. I would say that the packaging could be updated as well. I feed my cats Nutro Dog Food as well. It has greatly helped them with their hairball issues and they enjoy the taste and size of the kibble. I figured that I would give this same high quality product to my dogs too.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My animals think the dog food is great and they love it. I look what's inside the products and ingredients and I make sure it is the best. I want my animal to live as long as they can live forever. I love them. I like my animal to be treated like I like to be treated. Very well. I take time to go to the vet and pet supply and everywhere to make sure they are happy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

The brand I had been using previously suddenly started making my dog sick and the manufacturer didn't seem to care. We spent a lot of money on vet bills so once my dog was better I knew we had to find a different dog food. Nutro (Original Formula) seemed to meet our needs so we tried it and it met our expectations so we haven't changed and started our other dog on it as well when we got him. My dogs like the taste of the kibble. The kibble is small, which is just the right size for my small dogs. My dogs seem to do well on it and they have no digestive problems. The dog food suits our needs just fine.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I chose this product, Nutro Wild Frontier, because I had coupon for this product, at first. When I served this to my dogs and they loved the food so I continue to purchase this brand. It's premium dog food with pretty good ingredients that my dogs need. My dogs also love the taste of the product. I like the variety of this brand as well. No matter my dogs and their needs Nutro has a product. As long as this brand is available where I shop I will probably keep buying.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I love that Nutro Grain Free Dog Food contains no chicken by-product meal and that it is soy and gluten and grain free and that it is made with all natural ingredients. This product is perfect for my dog's sensitive stomach and she would not eat any other dog foods especially grain free dog foods except Nutro. She loves the taste of it and her stomach is much better since using Nutro. It has met my initial expectations.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I was searching for a dog food for larger breeds to help Lucky gain weight. Once we tried Nutro High Protein-Grain Free we were content with continuing on with it and other brand snacks. It really helped with my dog's weight gain in a healthy manner. After a few weeks we noticed it was good for the added protein promised by the company. For that we are grateful. To see him gaining the weight he lost after CoCo ran away was heartwarming for my family.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I was looking for a healthy product with natural ingredients that my dogs would enjoy and directed to this food (original formula) by my veterinarian. I love the ingredients list on this product. This product makes my pets happy! I love the size of the kibble and the amount for the money. I also love my dog's reaction after they eat it. I like everything about this product and wouldn't change a thing.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My dogs love the taste of the canned Nutro dog food and we liked the flavors available for senior dogs. There are a variety of flavors so they don't get bored with just eating the same thing every day. We have been very pleased with the product and continue to buy it for our dogs. It definitely exceeded our expectations and we continued to buy it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I chose Nutro for the price point, ingredients and quality. Great ratings on all websites that I have visited to research. My vet also recommended it and I was happy that it was as expensive as some other brands. The first main ingredients are proteins and not a lot of fillers. My dog enjoys his meal times and I look forward to serving it. Even my cat tries to sneak it. I love that I can find it at the commissary, however, more of a selection in the small bites and senior formula would be appreciated. I like the Ultra formula better for the ingredients and it only has two flavors, chicken and salmon, in the small bites senior that I can find in California.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I chose Nutro Lite & Weight Management because of its background in dog food, healthier alternative to my dog's food and good for their health. It's a great food product made of natural ingredients and promotes my dog's overall health. Has good flavors and texture that my dog truly loves to eat for their meals. Also, great aroma and quality ingredients. Everything is as I would expect from the brand. I am completely happy with the product line.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Nutro dog food is simple, all natural with healthy ingredients, grain-free, free of harmful ingredients. It is better quality overall compared to other dog foods. The label and information shows that it is made with better ingredients. Since I care about my own intake of some of these things I wanted to see if my dog would eat this food. The brand is a quality brand which focuses on healthier ingredients for your pet and if anything can be improved, it would be the price and flavors that are available.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

The original Nutro formula is good and my dog loves it. He will not eat any other type of dog food that is on the market. Very easy to switch between flavors. Love the variety. It has definitely met my expectations as it is the only food my dog will now eat. It is the best ever. But I wish there were more discount or coupons available. Not too bad on price for a small dog but a big dog would cost a fortune.

Nutro Dog Food Company Information