Nutro Dog Food
2.01/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Nutro Dog Food

The Nutro Company has been committed to creating natural and delicious dog food since 1926. As pioneers in the natural pet food industry, each ingredient is carefully chosen with a purpose, to provide the best nutrients for man's best friend.

We know your dog's health is important to you, and it's our promise to deliver quality dog food at a price that won't break the bank. You can trust that our ingredients and processes are carefully monitored so you can focus on enjoying time with your best friend. Read what our customers have to say and then check us out for yourself!

View More View More

Looking for a good dog food brand?

3047 Nutro Dog Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

We have been using Nutro Chicken/Brown Rice Large Breed Puppy food for our Wheaten Terrier since he was 12 weeks old and he seems to like it a lot. He is 1 1/2 years old and we are switching to Large breed Adult Nutro Chicken/brown rice. Made in U.S.A without anything added from anywhere else.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I buy food that has meat in the first couple of ingredients. I avoid any non-meat meal or meat by-products. Peas are something that should be down the ingredients label. Look for vitamins and minerals with a strong percentage of proteins.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Bear died with complications of Protein Losing Enteropathy due to bad batch of this food. I cannot begin to tell people how guilty I feel for feeding him this. I am lost without him. Shame on you Nutro and shame on Petsmart for selling it.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Our three dogs are healthy and have shiny, thick coats. Other dog food brands we have tried seem to have caused itching and dull coats. Ingredients indicate Nutro is a healthy, grain-free pet food.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We have been feeding our Mia, Nutro Essentials Small Breed dry dog food since she was a puppy. She's going to be 5 this Sunday. I opened a new 15lb. bag of the Nutro Essentials Small Breed Adult and she started puking a few hours later. Not realizing it was the food making her sick for a couple days, went to feed her breakfast and she would not eat it. Just looked at the bowl and looked me. Put two and two together then.

I called the store where I bought it and was told they were getting many calls recently about this very issue with Nutro foods and was told to bring it back and they would help me find a new dog food for her. We are very disappointed with the Nutro company for not being forthcoming about their ingredient change. Our pets are our family and would never knowingly feed them something that would make them sick. Shame on you Nutro, spent money on new bag designs and getting that word out, but when it came to the dog food recipe change you said nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original review: April 12, 2019

We buy her Limited Ingredient Diet venison food. For the biggest bag it is about $70. One of the most expensive in the Pet Store. You cannot buy it at the grocery store. The price, availability, make me not want to buy it. However it’s the only food that my dog poops out Solid. It does cause her stool to be black.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Own three dogs of varying ages, size and activity levels. Dogs are healthy and satisfied. I feel the food is a bit pricey but worth it. I use auto delivery and reorder via Chewy.com for best available pricing and convenience.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have been feeding my dogs Nutro for Years. I feel as if this food has given them the best life possible. No unnecessary vet visits, healthy teeth, gums, over all good health. Love this food and so do my dogs.

Original review: April 9, 2019

We went through many dog foods to find the one right for our Rottweiler. Nutro has been the best so far for his sensitive stomach. He loves the taste and does not have any bad side effects with this brand. Thank you!

Original review: April 8, 2019

My dog's breeder recommended Nutro Ultra and I've fed my dog this food all his life. He has GREATLY exceeded the life expectancy for his breed -- he is nearly 14 (vs. normal expectancy of 8-10 years) and his health has been excellent.

Nutro Dog Food Company Information