Nutro Dog Food
2.01/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Nutro Dog Food

The Nutro Company has been committed to creating natural and delicious dog food since 1926. As pioneers in the natural pet food industry, each ingredient is carefully chosen with a purpose, to provide the best nutrients for man's best friend.

We know your dog's health is important to you, and it's our promise to deliver quality dog food at a price that won't break the bank. You can trust that our ingredients and processes are carefully monitored so you can focus on enjoying time with your best friend. Read what our customers have to say and then check us out for yourself!

View More View More

Looking for a good dog food brand?

3047 Nutro Dog Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2017

I worked in a pet shop a few years ago for 7 years and learned a lot about over 40 pets and Nutro is one of the best dog foods you can buy. They have been in business for many years. There is no artificial ingredients in Nutro Dog food. The Ultra is made and is great for smaller dogs. The dogs love it, is very healthy and is one of the top dog foods around.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I always watch the ingredient list for meats being the first ingredients and absolutely no by products. Nutro High Protein-Grain Free met the nutritional expectations and my dogs liked the food and they tend to be picky. I also watch for recalls and haven't seen any for Nutro. Any dog food that is grain free is a better choice for us. I don't trust wheat or grain ingredients in dog food in general. Dog advisor.com rates dog foods and I follow their guide. The food was palatable to my dogs. It was readily available. However, premium dog foods are more and more pricey. I wish there were more options for smaller bags. I have small dogs and I don't need 30 pounds of dogfood. I wold like a wider variety of flavors also.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I purchase Nutro because of prior experience with dogs I've had in the past. I also purchase Nutro treats for my dogs and they like those. I like that is grain free and high in protein. It has no fillers and is all natural. I always look for a dog food that has protein as its first ingredient, but I wasn't crazy about the overall aroma of the food and I wish it would have had smaller pieces seeing as how my dogs are small breed. I also found that the price was a little higher than I expected it would be.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I chose to purchase Nutro Grain Free because I thought the price was cheap and it could provide the nutritional value these two dogs need to help them grow bigger!! The ingredients in it are edible for them to digest!! I like the look of the dog food, the color of it, and the way my dogs respond to it when I'm in the kitchen getting their dog food ready for just them two!! I wish it was more unconventional though. The flavoring is kind of boring and not too many selections to switch up for my two dogs!! Also, the size of the food could be more worthy I think.

Original review: March 21, 2017

My dogs are super picky eaters. I went through numerous different brands. Nutro Wild Frontier dog food was great for the price and my dogs enjoyed it. I didn't know what to expect with this brand or the claims it made. But I'm glad I gave this brand a chance. Such a great decision I made for my dogs. I like the fact that my dogs enjoy meal time. It's a healthy and great option for my dogs who vary in size. I also like how the bag looks, the logo and design. It's easy to carry and looks neat. My dogs get excited when they see me come home with this dog food. It stands out from the rest of the brands. However, perhaps they should make bigger sizes with those who own multiple dogs. I would also like to receive coupons here and there. A rewards program is another great idea. Makes you feel like you're getting a good deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original review: March 21, 2017

Nutro Dog food is healthier for the dogs. It's grain-free so it's better for them in the long term as well. We have tried a few different brands in the last year as well as a couple of the Nutro's options, we found that the dogs really like the Nutro grain-free options. However, they could lower prices a bit but could say that about almost all healthy dog food options. But, I do like that they are committed to making something healthy.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Without a doubt Nutro grain free dog food definitely has met, in fact, more than met my initial expectations. I originally chose Nutro dog food for its premium quality and flavor, it also came in grain free option which is so important as my dog has itching and an allergy to grain products. It is made with natural ingredients. My dogs seem to really like the chicken grain free variety and in fact is one of the few flavors they will eat. With a premium brand they do not need to eat as much either as it is not filled with empty calories. The price is the only area that could be improved upon. It's a little expensive. Otherwise, no dislikes.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I initially chose Nutro Dog Food (Original Formula) because of the quality of ingredients. I like that I can be sure my pup isn't eating the doggy equivalent of McDonalds. I read a lot of reviews when deciding which food to use and found that Nutro was moderately priced and had few complaints. I like that Nutro has a variety of flavors. If my pup gets bored with one flavor I can switch it up to keep him interested. I also like that they differentiate between large and small breeds. I purchase the largest bag of large breed food. I also appreciate the variety of stages. I have used Nutro since Midas was a puppy and am currently giving him the adult formula. I intend to use Nutro for his entire life barring any unforeseen issues. The main thing I dislike about Nutro is that I have to go to a specialty store to purchase it. I would love it if were available in my regular grocery store.

Original review: March 20, 2017

My older dog has developed some digestive issues, so we began experimenting with different flavors/brands of kibble to see what she could eat. My dogs like Wild Frontier and seem to digest it well. My younger dog is very picky, but she eats it up. It has met our expectations, but we might have to try different flavors once in awhile for the younger dog, who gets bored. Also, I'd like slightly bigger kibble. The older one wolfs it down pretty quickly, and smaller pieces are gulped too fast. I'd like it to have a little more meat in it.

Original review: March 20, 2017

A friend worked at Petsmart and she recommended Nutro Dog Food. I read that it was good dog food. The dogs like and appear to enjoy it. They are very good dogs and I am so happy that I have healthy, happy dogs. The dogs are the joy of my life and I am very happy with the dog food. I would not change anything about the dog food. It could be free but really the price is reasonable.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I use to buy just whatever was on sale but once I did research found that some dog food is not good for your dog and can make them sick and overweight. I don't want that. I want a happy and healthy dog. I like that Nutro Grain Free is very high protein and no corn or preservative. I want real and simple ingredients. My dog is a picky eater but loves the taste and that is important too. However, sometimes it is hard to find and I have to order in bulk online so I do not run out cause it can take a month for local store to get back in stock.

Original review: March 20, 2017

My vet suggested Nutro Dog Food Original Formula and I listen to the vet when they tell me things. Nutro comes delivered from a website. It surpassed my expectations, because my dog ate it quick and has so much energy. I like it, and so do my dog though he farts a lot. But I wish I could get a larger bag. It could also be cheaper.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I like that Farm's Harvest did not contact chicken since my dog is allergic to chicken. It also offered a lot of different choices of flavors. You get a decent amount for the price that you pay for the food. It provides you with a list of the ingredients that it has in it. I didn't like how many by-products and additives and preservatives that's it had in it and it can also be very pricey especially when you are feeding a big dog like I am. Still, it has very much met my expectations with what it has to offer.

Original review: March 19, 2017

My dogs love Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food and they scarf it up like little pigs. I love the natural ingredients like real meat and lamb that are not full of chicken bone meal or pork bone meal and corn. Whole foods like chicken, peas, carrots, eggs and rice are very healthy stuff for my dogs. It is an excellent product.

Original review: March 19, 2017

Nutro Dog Food has more protein to help my dogs stay healthier and active, and less grains to harm them. I liked the extra protein in this particular one, and protein is best for animals just like humans. They are smaller pieces and look more appetizing for my pet. If my dog walks away from something he will not stay healthy. Dogs should eat natural foods as people. There are too many chemicals and by-products which are not healthy for animals or people. Natural is best.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I was looking for a product that would reduce my dogs allergies. I have to be selective in the food I provide. Nutro Grain Free was recommended by my veterinarian so I gave it a chance. My dog, Monkey, really seemed to like the overall flavor. Some days she seemed to get bored with it, but I think overall it is a good option. I love the fact that it is grain free, approved by veterinarians. However, I would like some variances in flavors, salmon and sweet potato, blueberries and other antioxidant rich nutrients. I would also like to see tender chunks in the grain free.

Original review: March 18, 2017

My husband suggested we try this as there was an excellent sale going on at that time. It is good for my little dog, very palatable and easy to chew and digest. A review of ingredients included a well-balanced assortment of items which my little pooch seems to prefer. Outer package shows attractive listing of this dog food and seems quite appropriate for our needs. Overall, Nutro Wild Frontier met my initial expectations but I would like to suggest making the portion size to be a tiny bit smaller and try not to make each little item a little less hard/chewy. I think this would make it slightly more easy to enjoy especially for older dogs and/or dogs with sensitive or less than ideal teeth structure. Also, probably wouldn't buy it regularly as it's a little pricey, but it's an excellent alternative especially when on sale.

Original review: March 18, 2017

It's made by Purina whose products I ALWAYS trust. Always loved and used Purina products for my dogs and cats. It's full of protein and keeps him healthy and energetic, lets him know that I love him and want to keep him as healthy as possible. They always deliver on their promises, always high quality, always the same consistency. But the cost could be lower - it is pricey, it's very good for my dogs but a lower price would be appreciated.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I initially tried the Nutro Dog Food because it was grain free (and thus would not bother my dog's skin allergies) and was on sale. My dog liked it and seemed to do well on it. Also, there seemed to be little waste associated with the Nutro Grain Free. However, there weren't a lot of flavor options, so that might be something to consider. I'd also like more choice in sizes of bags.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Scout's original owners used Nutro, so it's what I've been buying for her for the past 7 years. I buy the smallest kibble size original formula. I can buy Nutro at most pet stores and it seems reasonably priced. Scout has always had high energy and a shiny coat. However, I'm not sure if ingredients changed but since Nutro changed owners recently, I feel that my dog has had more gas as of late and the food is smellier than usual.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I saw the packaging and it looked like something that my dog would love so I had to try it for her. She immediately ate a lot and seemed very content. She seems to love it and eats every last drop and has more energy than ever so it must work. I'm happy to see that she is so happy these days. I'll continue feeding her Nutro Dog Food High Endurance. It's a solid brand and one of the most nutritious brands for my dog. I wouldn't change a thing about it except maybe making it more natural whenever possible which is an important aspect that many companies tend to forget about completely.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Nutro Dog Food is grain free so no fillers which means my pets are getting more nutrition for the value. The other ingredients provide more nutrition for my dogs than grain-based foods. However, the food is a bit on the expensive side. So either lowering the price per bag or producing bigger packages for the same cost would be helpful for those of us on budgets but still want to give our pets the best. Dogs seem to thrive on the food. I have used it for my large and small dogs. It is easy for them to digest and seems to give them enough energy for their day.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free: There are no recalls with this pet food and it performs as expected. It has a high degree of proteins and a good amount of needed fats and carbs. The ingredient list is usually meat first and contains healthy items for your pet. It is better than other brands due to its ingredients. It has met my expectations of being good for my dogs. It's healthy for them and they enjoy it and I don't have to add wet food to it for them to eat it. I wouldn't change anything about this dog food.

Original review: March 17, 2017

The store clerk suggested that I buy Nutro Grain Free because I mentioned that my dog has no energy and has had health issues with her urinary tract. Since they started, I have noticed a great improvement in her energy level. My dogs love the freshness of Nutro. The many flavors to choose from is amazing. The vegetables, meat and grain free meals gives them more energy everyday. The fresh vegetables are cut in large pieces and perfect with lots of nutrients. The cuts of meat make me feel like I'm giving my cats and dogs the best I can give them. It makes me feel good about Nutro.

Original review: March 17, 2017

We initially were introduced to this brand by a family friend. When going to purchase it, someone else was doing the same and recommended it as well so we felt good about using it. Nutro has met our needs for our calvier. Our dog enjoys the taste over other brands that we have purchased and it doesn't cause issues with his digestion. He tends to eat it better than the food we tried initially. If the dog food came in a softer version, it would be more helpful. When our previous dog began to lose her teeth, it took a great deal of work to soften it enough for her to eat.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Nutro Original Formula Dog Food is a convenient, high-quality, reasonably priced, top choice dog food that my dog loves. He looks forward to mealtime when he knows Nutro is on the menu! It is filled with nutrients that keep him healthy and happy which is important when considering choice of dog food to feed my pet. He's like a member of the family. It has been proven by my own pet to be extraordinarily great. It's one of those products that you feel good about buying.

Original review: March 17, 2017

It seems more high-tech and innovative in terms of the type of dog it caters to when it comes to my pet's needs and how I feel about what a food should provide. They are all 100% meat products that are made in the USA and are good enough to feed someone I consider part of the family so it has to be excellent. However, they don't include high-quality meat and might include meat from the spine or other dangerous meat by-products that are sourced from China or overseas markets.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I like that Nutro Dog Food is grain free and gives all three of my dogs much energy. They also love the taste, I believe, more than other dog foods that I have tried for them in the past. Plus I enjoy the affordable price and it seems to last longer than other brands. It has exceeded expectations. I also like the natural ingredients and that it will help all my dogs stay active and healthy. I don't think there is much to say about changing anything about the dog food. I would eventually like to try a different flavor for the dogs and maybe make a brand that is for every stage of life as well to make it easier since I have three dogs.

Original review: March 16, 2017

For the most part Nutro Farm's Harvest has been a great product so far. It is way healthier to give to my dog than most other brands. It has all natural ingredients and makes my dog very healthy. Even her fur is soft and silky after she has had it for a while. My dog loves it and craves it too. She gets so excited when she hears me open the bag. The only thing that I dislike about this brand is that it can be on the expensive side. Sometimes when I buy different kinds of Nutro Dog Food, the food itself can be on the hard side.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I initially chose Nutro Dog Food Grain Free because it has better protein content, no grains, no colorings, no flavorings, and easy to read and no junk ingredients. Nothing is artificial and it is the right size kibble for my dogs size. It must taste good and smell good to dogs though it doesn't have a very pleasant odor to me. It also stores well in bags or in container I have for storage. It stays fresh and has met my expectations. I have given my dogs choices and they go to Nutro dog food first. However, there are not many flavor/varieties. I wish there was fish, like salmon.

Nutro Dog Food Company Information