2. Pets

Nutro Dog Food
Shop on Petco
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.88/5
Based on 2,014 ratings

Click "Shop Now" to visit a retailer.

The Nutro Company has been committed to creating natural and delicious dog food since 1926. As pioneers in the natural pet food industry, each ingredient is carefully chosen with a purpose, to provide the best nutrients for man's best friend.

We know your dog's health is important to you, and it's our promise to deliver quality dog food at a price that won't break the bank. You can trust that our ingredients and processes are carefully monitored so you can focus on enjoying time with your best friend. Read what our customers have to say and then check us out for yourself!

View More View More

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Nutro Dog Food Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2017

Nutro has met my expectations. My dog seems to truly enjoy the flavor and her health and appearance has greatly improved since switching to Nutro High Protein Grain Free. It keeps my girl happy and healthy with lots of energy. I like that it provides the protein my dog needs without the horrible fillers. I own a pit bull who is not so much a picky eater but when she eats dog foods with corn or by-products her hair starts looking all dingy.

Original review: April 16, 2017

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free was recommended to me by the lady that owns the dog feed store I go to. I originally asked her what she recommended due to my dog having gas and diarrhea. And my dog seems to really like it a lot. It doesn't have the greatest smell but I can deal with that. It has no fillers, high in protein, and they have a few different flavors in case I want to switch it up. It is also grain free which is a plus. No corn and other crap that is of no use for my dog.

Original review: April 16, 2017

Dog food should deliver natural nutrients targeted to dog's unique life stage, breed size, and health condition. It should be liked by my dog and it will come out in various forms. Nutro Dog Food uses the high-quality natural ingredients in all canned, dry dog, and treat foods. It has good amount of protein, grain-free and tastes good. It also contains all essential nutrients that my dog needs. It is very different from other dog foods. Moreover, my dog loves it.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Originally I had a coupon so I wanted to try Nutro High Protein-Grain Free, but then my dogs fell in love with it and it has given my dogs more energy and their hair seems brighter and healthier. They seem to love the taste and they seem happy to eat it. It is healthy for my dogs and I like that it is easy to digest. I like health benefits that it provides and I like that there are flavor choices. I have no complaints or problems as we all benefit and it is even on sale sometimes.

Original review: April 15, 2017

What I like about Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is that all three large breed dogs seem to enjoy it. It appears to make for less shedding than some cheap brands of dog food. There is less defecation to clean up which is nice. You don't have to feed as much as cheap food to maintain a good body weight on this food. The bloodhound, GSP and Weimaraner all love Nutro and it seems great for their coat. But the size of Nutro bags compared to some other dog food and the cost is something I'm not especially happy about leavings me wondering if there are other equal dog foods out there for cheaper price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original review: April 15, 2017

I looked at the nutrition label and was looking for a food that grain was not the first ingredient. I like that Nutro is high protein and grain free - it gives my pets energy and they really like the food. They get super excited at meal time and always eat all their food. I don't dislike anything. If I had to change anything perhaps offer a little bites so that my small dog has an easier time eating it. Other than that it meets my needs completely at a price I could afford.

Original review: April 14, 2017

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free has the nutrition content my dog need and easy to feed. She seemed happy if I give her this dog food. She is energetic and fit. It has a reasonable price too. The smell is kinda strong for me but not for my dog. She seemed loved and enjoying it. I trust the brand for my dog. It's just perfect for my dog's diet and nutrition and as she is a good size dog she needs a good nutrition getting from a dog food.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I initially got Nutro Dog Food because it was grain free and high protein. It had great ingredients and very attractive packaging. It comes in a great variety of flavors to choose from that my dogs love. It's natural and easy for them to digest and my dogs really enjoy it a lot. It is one of the best in market right now and it helps keep my dogs healthy and happy. The size is great and it is a very high quality for a low price which was also good. I made a very good choice. Nutro could improve a little by adding some more flavors or maybe coming up with limited edition flavors but all in all there is nothing I dislike. I would like to see seasonal flavors though. That would be awesome.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I had a coupons and decide to buy this product. I like the way the can looks and it's healthy and have the right amount of vitamins in it but most important point is that my dog really like it. I have tried other dog food at a lower price but my dog wouldn't eat it. If the store had it at a very good price I stock up on it so I would run out. I like this product a lot if you can make the can bigger size and also make a lot of different flavor for my dogs to eat. And also it would be nice to be able to find it on the grocery shelf and bigger bags would be very helpful. I told my friends about it and they bought it for their animals. They said their animals really like the product a lot so I been buying Nutro dog food ever since.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I want a dog food that keeps my dog healthy and happy as well as has all of the right nutrients that he needs. Nutro high protein grain-free has all ingredients my dog needs to be healthy. I like everything about this Nutro dog food. I liked the ingredients and how it is not only grain free but higher protein to give my dog the energy and nutrients that he needs with no fillers and additives, just healthy meats, vegetables and fruits so he is healthy.

Original review: April 13, 2017

High Protein-Grain Free - My dog has allergies, and a lot of dog food seems to make her itch. She won't eat most of the dog foods that are good for her. She absolutely loves new trail though! But dogs need a change of pace and Nutro should come out with a few different varieties of flavors in the grain-free. Also, the price of the dog food is expensive but dog food is always expensive and I don't mind spending more on my pet, if it makes her healthy and happy.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Many dog products have healthy ingredients glucosamine and chondroitin help support healthy joint mobility, while vitamins and minerals promote balanced nutrition. I like the selection and varieties you can choose from especially from online stores like Petsmart where shipping is free on $29 or over orders. Food is usually specially formulated to support the nutritional needs of your large-breed/small breed adult dogs. However, the packages are a little small and expensive. Other than that, it's a great product and worth buying. I would highly recommend it to any dog owner who cares about his dog's health.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I really really like that the Nutro dog food is high in protein, and is packed with many very healthy ingredients. I chose it for the reason of the combination of great quality for a great price. It's a great choice. My dog loves Nutro brand High Protein-Grain Free dog food!

Original review: April 12, 2017

High Protein-Grain Free - The most important thing is that corn is not the first or second ingredient. I buy it very often and Max loves it and eats it up quickly. I like to give my Max the best and only if he likes it. The price can sometimes be rather high but it is a very good product and I don't mind spending more for. My dog is very worth it.

Original review: April 12, 2017

What I like about Nutro Dog Food is that it is a healthy and natural food for my dogs. It is grain and wheat free and doesn't contain ingredients that are harmful to my dogs. I like the different varieties and flavors that they offer and the different problems that each bag of dog food targets. It was recommended by a friend and it had the flavor of my previously used dog food. The one that I used to regularly purchased was not going to be sold at my local PetSmart store anymore so I had to find an alternative. The thing that I dislike about the Nutro Dog Food is that it seems similar to other brands. I would like them to come up with new flavors that haven't been done before and have that cutting edge on the competition. I also would like the price to be a little lower and for the bags to come in more sizes than what is currently offered.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Nutro Dog Food has good ingredients and it seems to be a match for my mixed 2 year olds. We use other foods before but I think his hair and skin are actually healthier and I followed the recommended food amount and he's been more active. My dog didn't want eat at first and I had to add beef broth to it for about a week and now that's all I give him. This product has all the ingredients necessary and high protein for my 110 lb. Shepherd and he loves it. It comes with minerals and vitamins that very large breeds needs for bone growth and health.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Nutro Dog Food has the ingredients that I am looking for and doesn't have the ingredients I am trying to avoid. How healthy it is for my dog and the great ingredients that it has for my pets and how nutritious it is. It is a brand that I trust. My dog eats this brand happily. I love the ingredients that it contains and I trust that it will provide the nutrition that it provides so that my dog will grow and will lead a healthy life. There is nothing I dislike about it. The brand has never let me down.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I choose Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food because my dog enjoy it a lot and made up of good quality ingredient. I expect that this dog food brand has a highest nutrients and it was believable. My dog always finish all his food. The packaging is relevant and appealing to my dog and it really fits to my dog. I am really satisfied of it and I am more likely to buy it in the market. Improvement may be stock more in the market and make some variety of flavors so they have choices.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I prefer to give my dogs this natural ingredients type of food. Healthier for them. The ingredients list looks like high quality ingredients in there. Meat is main ingredient and no grains. Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is a great brands that I also buy for my cats. They love the taste and I love the quality. This Nutro food has meet my expectations because they eat it eagerly and I know it is healthier for them to eat this instead of other brands with grains or by-products. Maybe just more different flavors be made available to give my dogs more choices of tastes. Maybe adding softer pieces mixed with the hard pieces to give my dogs variety in texture also.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I liked the fact that Nutro was grain free. Also the fact that it was not too expensive and it was sold by my favorite retailer, was a big plus in my books. My dog is very finicky, and he enjoyed it. It was the right size, as I don't have a car, and had to get it into a cab. I thought it would be the best food for my older dog. I like the fact that it was a healthy food for my dog. He's 17 years old, and I've tried a lot of dog foods on him. Most of them, I have to donate to the local animal shelter, because he won't eat them.

Original review: April 9, 2017

I like that it has high proteins grains and fresh ingredients. It's very healthy for my pet and it allows my pet to have an indulgent meal while still being healthy and still being tasty. It's perfect for my pet. This is exactly what a pet owner needs and wants in a product and even more than I expected. I had read great things regarding this brand. It had great ingredients that are healthy, fresh and also from real vegetables and meats instead of artificial preservatives.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Keeps my dog healthy, without having problems, and of course, he like the taste! I think it's better than Purina and other brands. Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is the best for my dog. That's why I still buy it.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I am pleased with Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food because it was available at stores near me and also met the nutritional requirements for my dogs. It is also priced more reasonably than other products of a similar quality. Dogs need protein and it is what they are designed to eat. It makes them live longer and helps their coat. I also feel like I see a boost in their energy levels when I feed it to them. And they love it. I have to sneak it into the bowl to keep from getting knocked over. The only thing I don't like is the bag, which tends to be slippery and I've dropped it in the past. Maybe it needs a handle or a material that's easier to grip, especially in bigger bags. Also maybe a resealable bag.

Original review: April 8, 2017

The Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is easy to digest and my dog likes it. We have tried other brands that my dog wasn't too keen on, so this one seemed to be the one that he gravitated to. However, I genuinely would like it if it was a bit more cost-effective, at least in my area. Otherwise, it works well for us. Whatever works best for my dog makes me happy, and keeps all of us happy as a whole.

Original review: April 8, 2017

High Protein-Grain Free - My dogs do not vomit, their coat is shiny and they stay healthy. This mark I recommend the vet. But the price is very expensive. Let them put less artificial ingredients. Dog food and all animal foods should not contain things that they would not naturally eat. Food for animals should not contain transgenic.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Yes, I fed my Lab some other kind of food & he was itchy and had very loose stool. I changed his diet to Nutro/grain free and he stopped itching, his stool was firm & small and he loves the taste. Nutro is a well balanced nutritional superior food. I love that it is an product that contains meat, but no grain products or byproducts. It is a great value for the cost. I would not change a thing but I would like the food to be supplied by more distributors in my rural. I hate when I run out of dog food and my normal food store has also run out. I sometimes have to drive 45 minutes away to find the variety I am looking for. Maybe a larger bag size would be more convenient, about 100 pounds.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I liked that this type of dog food had no grain it. It also had a high protein count but the protein should be of a better quality. Without a coupon and or a sale I probably would not buy this food as my dog likes a different food better.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Nutro Grain Free dog food is one of the best I have found. Everything about Nutro is what I was looking for. I noticed buying food with grains they are constantly scratching so I was looking for something to help with the problem. And it has been great choice for animals with allergies and my babies like it. Will continue to purchase. Price was also very reasonable. I will recommend this product.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I have had good past experience with Nutro High Protein-Grain Free. I like that it is all natural and high protein. This food product has been one of the best for my pet in terms of digestibility and his willingness to eat. I am completely satisfied with this product.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I liked that there was no grains and it has high protein and vitamins my dogs needed to perform better. I noticed their weight and gums improve and their coats became softer and shinier. But the smell was super strong, it was hard to keep my dogs out of the bag. Not a pleasant smell when we fed them and it would stink up the whole room. We eventually had to start feeding them outside. It met my initial expectations, dogs aren't meant to eat grains. But it was too expensive and when my second dog stopped eating I had to switch brands again.

Nutro Dog Food Company Information