1.29/5

111 Novartis Rebates Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

Made my claim for a $50.00 rebate and was approved in 3/2016. I was to receive the debit card in 6-8 weeks. Between May and early September I called 3 times because the Visa card never arrived in the mail. I finally received the card 9/30/16 in the mail. Problem is the card was set to expire 9/2016. When I called the customer service I was politely told I had to spend the $50.00 by the 1st. Logged online to activate my card and saw $15.00 debited from my account on 9/2016 FOR THE REISSUE OF A CARD!!! Terrible customer service! This is about the third year I've taken advantage of the offer and never encounter these problems before. Terrible!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I have 4 collies, and over the past years have bought Sentinel from Novartis. You are required to have a vet's authorization, of course, but I found that the medication is cheaper online, so this is what I have been doing. This year (2016), however, they were continually sending me an email asking for the receipt, which I emailed. Today, 2 days after the expiration, I call and find out that they no longer accept purchases from an online business... Only direct purchase from the vet. Had the instructions for a rebate indicated this, I would have purchased from the vet, even though it was a few bucks more. I consider this practice very under-handed, and if I didn't need the meds for my dogs would never do business with them again. Shame on them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

PLEASE READ TO THE END. I'VE ATTACHED POSSIBLE USEFUL INFORMATION LOCATED WITHIN THIS REVIEW. I'm really no different than everyone else on here. I purchased Sentinel products for my dog, made by Novartis Pharmaceuticals and I filled out the rebate form only to receive the countless emails telling me my rebate is on its way, I'm going on 5+ months now. I haven't received my rebate but after reading other people's reviews, even if I did, it seems I can't use it because there's no PIN number. Therefore I decided to investigate a little further. I find it very ironic that nowhere on the Virbac or Novartis Sentinel website is there a place to email them. You have to actually call them and in today's age who really wants to pick up the phone rather than send an email. Even if you call there's many people on here who have said they promise you it's on its way.

Upon my investigation I found out that Novartis contracts out these alleged rebates to a company called ACB Coop. I have emailed them and I think you all should too, the contact page is here (https://www.acbcoop.com/ContactUs. aspx). I'm sure my email won't get me too far but it's nice to vent about this scam. I have a feeling our rebate money is lining the pockets of someone at ACB Coop or Novartis. I am also emailing Novartis and I think you all should do the same. You can send your complaint here ** though they could be the main culprit and not ACB Coop they should be made aware that we're not receiving our rebates. Email these 2 companies and if they get inundated with tons of emails then perhaps we can make a difference.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

After applying for my rebate, I received a debit card. It cannot be used anywhere. Every time I try to use it a "pin" is required. I was never given one. Will let my vet know that I want an alternative for my pet's medication. I will not use a product from a company that treats their customers this way.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Contacted Merial at **, option 3. I list the phone number here for anyone trying to contact this company about your "Visa Debit" rebate card. The other phone numbers, including the one on the back of your card will get you NOWHERE. I tried the card at Sam's Club, Home Depot, and Walmart. Would not work at any of these. Here's a scary fact: The customer service rep at Merial told me exactly what amount my purchase was at Walmart. Sam's Club was a self-checkout and declined it immediately. Home Depot was the same way.

Even if you choose credit, it's to no avail. So, I spoke to a guy in customer service named Mike who was difficult to understand, but very kind. Mike told me that the card must be used for $12.00 and can't be used for a balance over that - not even to apply it towards a balance. I will try the card again elsewhere and hope it works somewhere else. Their old way issuing paper checks was so much easier. I've been a customer of theirs for 25 years now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Novartis?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

Have used Sentinel for a 1 1/2 years. The first time I applied for rebate I got it. The next 2 times, NOTHING. They are cheating the public. Scammers. I will no longer support Novartis products. Plenty others out there. I did get confirmations on last two rebates, but got nothing from them. Will pass this on to Vet.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I filled out all the requisite forms for a rebate from Virbac and received the following email shown below... to date - August 3 (4 months later) I have not received any rebate at all. Yes, I know that it is only $7--but it is the principle. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I activated my rebate card as instructed. Tried to use it and it said I needed to enter a pin number. Nowhere on the activation site did I see where I needed to get a pin number. Has anybody had any satisfaction in getting their card corrected or gotten their rebate?

Original review: July 16, 2016

How can this company continue to stay in business? Multiple complaints of visa rebate card not working, including mine. Much time spent on hold trying to get fixed. Said on 6/22 a new card would arrive in 15 days. No replacement card yet. Who is pocketing all this rebate money? Huge scam and they need shut down! I am reporting to my vet and I will not buy this company's product again. Novartis should not be using this scam company. When I tried to open the last email from Elanco I received a caution on my computer "Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks."

Original review: May 28, 2016

I've been waiting FOUR MONTHS for the $35 rebate that I am entitled to. I keep checking the "Track Your Rebate" site using both my tracking # and my name and address. I get a "No status results were found matching your search criteria." At one time I did talk to someone on the phone who told me (she had my address and the name of my pet) that my submission was received on April 15, 2016. Vet sent in the rebate form in February. She said that the validation would be very soon and then the rebate would be mailed. She gave me the tracking # **. I am beginning to think I was scammed, especially after reading the review of person who is still waiting after a year for his rebate.

Novartis Rebates Company Information