1.30/5
Based on 108 reviews that contain star ratings

109 Novartis Rebates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

The Novartis website is designed to not give a rebate for Sentinel, even though you have the offer code and coupon code, and receipt from your vet. The website will either not load at all or will get stuck in a loop. Calling the 877-552-1551 for Novartis was a waste of time and they tell you the website is fine and just mail in the receipt, though when you do, you don't get the rebate anyway. I seriously think the rebate offer is fraudulent.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

My vet gave me receipts for 2 rebates for my 2 dogs and told me to do it online. Online did not allow me to submit because it wanted a choice from what they listed; my rebate was shown as valid at the vet but was not available online. I called them. The girl said I had to fill it out online. We went back and forth for a while, no satisfaction. She finally said she would mail me the forms. I explained I had 2 dogs. She said to note it on the form because I would get more $35 dollars than if I submitted it separately $15 each rebate. I filled out the forms when they FINALLY CAME and indicated that I had 2 dogs and that the rebate was for $35. EVENTUALLY the rebate came for TWENTY DOLLARS. I am ticked off beyond words. This is not the first time they lied and sent the wrong amount. One time I didn't get anything. These people are despicable I would have given them no star if possible. I gave up on expecting this so long ago. I no longer have the receipt but I do have the account number.

UPDATED ON 01/13/2015: After my first review I received an email from Novartis to call their rebate hotline. I did but it was not only a total waste of my time it frustrated me no end. The person who took the call (and yes, I have her name) told me that the rebate was never for a larger amount and that they had the paperwork to support that. She seemed to be incapable of understanding that both my vet (of nearly 30 years) AND THE FIRST CONTACT AT NOVARTIS told me that if I sent in ONE form instead of two and listed both dogs' names the rebate would be for $15 more than I received. She insisted that the rebate I received was correct in spite of the fact that, again, NOVARTIS and my vet said it would be for the higher amount.

When I finally asked to speak with a supervisor so I could tell them why I would be writing this 2nd review she told me that ALL the supervisors were in a meeting (really?). I didn't ask for a call back because 1) I didn't believe her and 2) my husband works 3rd shift and was asleep. I have every intention of asking my vet for a produce for my dogs that comes from a different manufacturer and the friend I spoke with today (who goes to the same vet) is going to do the same thing. This company should train their personnel to give correct information or support the INCORRECT information their representatives provide.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

Received the "rebate" form from the Vet Clinic. Followed the directions and was not able to enter the "offer code" or "coupon code" even after several attempts. Performed related searches and they too were unsuccessful. The dog medication is what I consider; very expensive at $87.46 plus tax for six doses. I am frustrated and am wondering if the company is advertising the "rebates" to encourage pet owners to purchase their product but has little intention sending the rebate monies.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

I once again tried to work through a form to claim a rebate. It takes me so far and kicks me back out again. When that happens, I start over then it shows that I am attempting 2 rebates for the same product. I cannot delete one without being kicked out. It seems as though your website makes it deliberately difficult so that customers get so frustrated they give up on claiming a rebate that belongs to them!!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

I followed the directions on their website for an online rebate. The website could not go backwards and it kept kicking me back to the beginning. I entered my basic information NUMEROUS times and it was VERY frustrating. Now I'll see if I really get my $10. I'm waiting for an email telling me that I missed a step! UGH!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Novartis?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

Online rebate submission for Novartis is sooooo aggravating! It is so bad I will be switching products next time. I'm sure their goal is to not pay you the rebate.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

I received a prepaid Visa card for my $10 rebate and have not found a place that it will work at. Lesson learned, not worth my time to submit a rebate request.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2014

On 6-5-2014 I filled out my rebate for the Sentinel Spectrum. I was going to get a $25 rebate being I ordered a 6-month supply. I received a confirmation # that my rebate submission had gone through. I mailed all the necessary papers that was required. The rebate clearly said the wait time was 6-8 weeks. Well as of today 10-4-2014, I am waiting almost 4 months. I tried to call the 877-552-1551 number but of course only to find out they do not work on Saturdays and to call back on regular business days and hrs. I personally think this is a ripoff and a SCAM. I NOTIFIED MY VET OF SAME.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

I am currently on the phone with Citibank. According to Citibank other than 2013 rebate information they have nothing on file. When my vet gave me the rebate info for Sentinel I asked why I should bother since I never received my rebate last year. She was not surprised and told me to call the company. Now I am hearing that my "rebate card was used last year" - HUH - I never received it. This year Citibank said they never got my information from Novartis. I have an email dated Sept 2, 2014 that said my info was sent two months ago. Now it is no longer the $15 - it is principal.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2014

I took my 2 dogs to have their annual heart worm tests last Saturday, 9-6-2014. I attempted to use my 2 rebate cards that were clearly marked "Good THRU 09/14". Good to go, right? Nope. They were declined. So, on Monday I called Novartis card hotline and was told the cards had a zero balance due to "maintenance fees". This is ILLEGAL, under the new card act. The cards were not expired, yet were balance $0. I wrote a complaint letter to Novartis and will be doing the same to our states Attorney General Office. Won't buy again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2014

I entered in the online rebate information for two purchases of Sentinel Spectrum. I contacted Novartis shortly thereafter as I thought I had made an error in one submission. I was told that it "looked good on their end," and that I "should be getting a $35 rebate." What arrived was a preloaded $15 gift card instead of paper checks like other Veterinary Medicine rebates offer. When I scratched off the sticker on the front, the card was printed with "$25."

I called the number to activate the card. The expiration date was several years from now so I don't know what cards others are getting. I went to use the card yesterday, and it was declined. I paid cash for my item, went home and called the phone number to check my balance. The account balance was $0.00. I had never even used the card and had just peeled it off its paper/letter it came with. I sent an e-mail complaint to Novartis.

Original review: July 22, 2014

I received a $20 rebate, which I should have received $70 and then was told on the phone that the purchase of 2 one-year supplies of Sentinel Plus only qualified for $20. The product must be a scam also if they scam people out of the rebates. I am just going to return the product and demand a refund. Otherwise I will be disputing the outrageous charge with my credit card company. What a waste of time and money. I never had a problem getting my rebates for Heartgard.

Original review: July 12, 2014

Although it took quite a while for the rebate to arrive, the expiration date was 6 months away and I had no problem activating or spending it.

Original review: July 11, 2014

Novartis stopped sending refund checks and now we get prepaid Citibank cards that expire quickly and when you call to get a new card so you can access YOUR money, they tell you the account balance is zero and that a new card cannot be issued. This is obviously yet another on top of many Citibank scams... I am sure my $30 is just a drop in the bucket of the monies they have stolen from consumers. Either Novartis needs to issue me refund checks in the future, or I will find another company to purchase my animal's medications from. I highly recommend consumers request a check rather than a prepaid card that expires before you can even use it (one I received expired the month I received it, and I received it the last week of the month). SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!!!

Original review: July 8, 2014

I am so disgusted with the deliberately involved online application process to get a rebate! After spending an hour and a half last not unsuccessfully submitting applying online, I was too aggravated to fall asleep. Just drop the price automatically and make it easier for customers and maybe people would consider two packs instead of one. I am constantly on computer for my job and it is not my lack of computer skills rather the poor design of Rebate submission process that kept me from reaching my goal!

Original review: June 27, 2014

I tried to fill out the rebate form only to enter the date purchased and get the (oops) and then the screen went back to the original input screen. I could not input a date for either online or mail in rebate. I even called the 877# only to get a recording. Novartis is running a scam about their rebates.

Original review: June 13, 2014

Completely and accurately submitted info. Page would not submit. Contacted my vet. Made him aware of consumer affairs web site complaints. Requesting that the supplier for the vet rebate me the rebate refund! Will NOT purchase product in the future. If I do not receive rebate funds from my vet ... I will DEMAND the vet office ALLOW ME TO RETURN the unused tablets for a refund! If the vet refuses to honor his part of this scam, I will write to the ATTORNEY GENERAL in my state and file a FRAUD COMPLAINT!

Original review: May 25, 2014

By the time I got my card, it was expired. I called to request a new one, and was told because of their new terms and policies, they cannot issue me a new card. Thanks for the $20 back that I never got to spend. If you're going to offer a program like this, it needs massive improvements. I still have other rebate forms that I submitted that I have even yet to hear about, too.

Original review: April 30, 2014

I run a dog rescue. Every year I have all my dogs heartworm tested and put on heartworm prevention medication. This year I elected to put all my rescues on Sentinel (because of the rebate offer $10 rebate on purchase of 6 months worth, $20 rebate for 12 month purchase). I went on the computer as directed, filled out all the proper forms, removed the upc codes off the boxes, made copies of the original receipts, circled (in yellow) the clinic name and address, circled the Sentinel ordered and price... then mailed each rebate in separate envelopes to the proper address as directed. All of this took a lot of time and effort. I waited a month to get the rebates in the mail only to receive 2 postcards stating: (2) store info not on receipt and (16) all purchases no id on reg receipt! I put 7 dogs on Sentinel! 12 months each! I am feeling very ripped off....

Original review: April 28, 2014

Novartis "rebates" are bogus. I've correctly submitted many times with no response. Novartis needs to nix the "rebates" since they do not honor them, and simply lower the cost of their expensive product. It's a simple fix. Forget "rebates" and lower the cost!

Original review: April 23, 2014

I feel that it's a shame Novartis only pays one rebate when there are more than one dog. Their products are not cheap.

Original review: April 18, 2014

After waiting the time frame allotted, I called and was told that it was not received, and to fax it to them or re-mail with a letter. So I did and still no response. I called again and this time I was told another agency took over and I had to start fresh as all the records were gone from before. I did what they required again and again another time. I have spent a lot of time, postage, and got nothing but rude people who block me from their supervisor who apparently tells the person I am speaking with at the time that I must wait longer still... Not only are they rude but they have absolutely no customer service skills... They hang the phone up as soon as they get their words in and I am left with no case #, no names no dates...

I am done and at this point I intend to contact the attorney general, the BBB and or the FDA regarding this experience. I have been beyond patient and compliant with all the paperwork they ask me to submit and resubmit. I will expect a response within this coming week. But by the time I return to my home where all of my papers are, if I have no response, I will take action elsewhere. The rebate company is certainly not up to a professional standard, and I am sorry that Novartis has them taking care of their affairs.

Original review: April 13, 2014

I finally gave up. When I finally found the correct website (which was almost impossible), I entered my information. From the pull-downs you have, there was no Como Park Animal Hospital as there was before when I tried filling this dumb thing out and there was only one brand name to select which I never heard of. We purchased 2 boxes of the Sentinel (one box for each dog) containing 6 months each. Everyone that complained was correct in stating you really don't want to give out any rebates so you make it difficult. I give up.

Original review: March 30, 2014

I've received the rebates that I've submitted w/out any problems.

Original review: March 7, 2014

Your site needs work. Apparently you don't want to give back the rebates you promised. It's a run around site where you end up no where! I am informing the Vet Clinic of the poor results. Rebate **, quantity 1.00 Sentinel 2-10 6 pk $32.00.

Original review: March 3, 2014

Submitted my rebate by mail and received my Visa cards without any problems. Used them also without any problems. Very easy!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2014

I can not use your card. What's the problem???? Petco could not get your card to work.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

Not the first time I have attempted to submit for a rebate on your web. Gone into several different ones and nothing. Why don't you correct the problem, or is your web just a joke?????

Original review: Feb. 22, 2014

Sent for $10 Sentinel on NOVEMBER 21, 2013. Waited 10 weeks. Finally, after 20 minutes on hold, was able to speak to a rep "Vicki". Was told that INMAR (working for Novartis) has taken over the rebate processing from another company as of 2014. Rep could not find my rebate. Took new info verbally from me and said would process on "special spreadsheet" for me to get paid. This was Jan 31, 2014. Rep said that I would have rebate in 30 days TO ME. Today is Feb 21, 2014. If this hasn't been processed & mailed by today, I will never see it. My next call will be to Novartis corporate executive offices. Hopefully they will be a little more responsive. Some companies, no matter how hard you pound them respond only to litigation. (Hewitt Associates, now known as AON consulting, Equifax & Trans Union to name a few.)

Original review: Feb. 16, 2014

I have 3 Novartis rebate Visa cards $45, $20, $10. I have tried to use them but failed each time. They are NOW all expired, the last one in Jan 14. I will not be using Novartis again!!!

Novartis Rebates Company Information