1.29/5

110 Novartis Rebates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2016

My vet clinic is Westbrook Animal Hospital, PLC in Peoria, AZ. I have used the rebate program in the past for sentinel, but my last visit to the vets and I bought the 12 pack, sent in the paperwork that was required (as I had the years past) Waited, waited... called them and they said that they did not receive the invoice from my vets (which I had!). Resent it again: waited, waited. Contacted them and they said that a card with the $35 amount had been sent out. She explained that it may look like a promo for a credit card company and that she would send it out and I would get it within 6 - 8 weeks. No rebate has been sent. This has been going on since 5/5/15!! I would like to have you respond to this and then send me the rebate... only one year later!! Check your computer for correspondence from me that will confirm this information is correct. Appreciate a quick response.

Original review: March 9, 2016

These people complaining are cry babies! It's a free gift card. We are buying our pets medications. We are lucky to get anything out of it. I received my $35 card yesterday. At first it was frustrating you can't get into the card's website under Google and can't use it at eBay or PayPal. After calling customer service I was told to get into their website using Firefox or Internet Explorer and it can't be used at PayPal or eBay because it's not a recurring debit card. I was told I could use it at Amazon, so happily I went there and bought stuff.

You can't use it for eBay, PayPal or gas. Big deal there is so many other places you can use it so use it there, and before it expires and quit complaining over a gift! Yes their products are expensive. I use Sentinel and Atopica year round it's a small fortune and I am grateful for the free box of Atopica I get after buying a certain amount of boxes, and the Visa gift cards from the Sentinel. It did take a while to get the Visa card after submitting the request but I got it. I would like to say thank you to Novartis for giving back to their customers.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

Our pet has been on Atopica for several years, spending approx. $100 a month. Getting a rebate from Novartis is difficult. Often their website for rebates doesn't work properly and when a rebate is finally submitted, often it either is not processed altogether or takes an excessively long period of time to get it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

Previously when I received a rebate after purchasing Sentinel for my dogs, I received an actual check. Now, they are using a Visa debit card with an expiration date in the near future. It is very difficult to use since many places will not allow you to split a payment. Therefore, you must use it to buy something for less than the amount of the debit card and forget about the balance shown on the card. This company is counting on customers not being able to use their rebate in full. I feel it is a deceptive practice.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

I purchased 6pk of sentinel 51-100 lbs and sentinel 2-10 lbs in 7/2015 from my vet. I have purchased this product for 3 years. I have never had a issue getting my rebates. I filled out all information online and it was excepted but it is now the end of Jan. 2016 and I didn't receive my rebates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Novartis?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

I purchased heartworm preventative from my vet and submitted my rebate request. No problem. I received my rebate Visa debit card. I held on to the cards for something special. Much to my dismay, the debit card expired. I am sorry. How does a gift card in the form of a debit card expire? Visa should be able to be used at anytime. I am not talking a small amount. I am talking $110.00. I am so upset and disappointed in this and want my card to be reloaded. The issuing company can see where the cards were issued and never used and the funds removed. What is so hard about putting the $$$ back on the card. It is mine and I gave you proof.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I got a rebate prepaid card from Novartis animal health for $40.00. I used the card to purchase $20.22 at Petsmart without any trouble. When I tried to use the rest of my $19.78 no store would take it. I tried pet dept. and grocery stores and all said same thing, "I had to have exactly $19.78 for them to use it." When I call Citi customer service I was told they were sorry "I" did not know how to use the card and it expired in Nov 2015, no new card can be given because of company policy. What a rip off.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

I received a rebate "visa card" which had an expiration date 3 months from the day I received it. I was unable to use it at a gas station, hotel, and on Amazon when I tried. Finally, I tried using it at a grocery store, and it had expired. Upon calling the # on the back of the card, they gave me the 800 Novartis #, and Novartis would not re-issue another rebate card since it had expired. An old fashioned check would do, but instead, I received a card with an expiration date which did not give me much time to use it. Not to mention the businesses wouldn't even accept this card when I presented it. I would love to have my $30, but according to Novartis, they do not re-issue expired rebate "credit cards".

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

Called my vet to see about refill for sentinel for dogs and was told the price would be $54. Realized that this seemed around $10-$15+ more than the last time I purchased at that clinic. Had seen an ad at Sam's Club re: pet prescriptions and was given a quote of $40.91 for 6 tabs by their pharmacist. Sam's Club does not offer a rebate form, but after reading the reviews on this site it was decided that saving about $14 made more sense that going thru the rebate hassle experience of "maybe" getting $10.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

Novartis no longer manufactures or sells Sentinel - that product has been purchased by Virbac as of October 2014 and the rebates go through their site now. I purchased 6 sentinel spectrum for my dogs in May 2015 and sent in my rebate request. I have followed up 5 times resubmitting my invoice because the system kept telling me they couldn't read it. Finally called today (August 2015) to be told that my invoice had the 6 tablets split between the two dogs and so didn't fit the requirements. If I had known that I would have purchased all six under one dog's name. Sadly I just purchased another 6 tablets yesterday split between the two dogs so, of course, they will say it's not a valid purchase. I will be sending the CEO of Virbac US an email telling them how awful their service is and that I want my rebate(s). His information is pretty easy to find if you look online. Good luck to the rest of y'all.

Original review: July 31, 2015

What a ripoff. I received $35 rebate card a few months ago. Used today and was only good for $14.44. Seriously. Made not even applying for the rebate worth it.

Original review: July 31, 2015

Spent $123.12 today for 12 doses of Interceptor for my dog. Spent 20 minutes trying to do a rebate of a whopping $12 (really??). No luck, would not go through. What a joke! Why doesn't somebody do something?

Original review: June 29, 2015

I am so done with this company. They lose them and when you get the rebate they short you by 5.00. I buy monthly for my 3 fur kids. This million dollar company is deceitful. I have 1 rebate to go and I'm switching. Their customer service sucks. They are not kind. I work in the hospitality industry. I'll show them how to treat people.

Original review: June 27, 2015

Basically, they make the rebate process so slow and difficult to use that I suspect they're trying to discourage consumers from applying. Convoluted online process with a photo or scan of the product, multiple steps. They should take lessons from a business like Menards home improvement on how to treat customers. They also nit-pick submissions, declining them if an "i" isn't dotted, etc. FINALLY, Deramaxx seems to work, but is priced like highway robbery, leveraging people's love of their pets to charge prices that common sense tells you are grossly over-priced.

Original review: June 16, 2015

My husband was so frustrated with trying to get a rebate from this company. He has tried two or three times and has never received a rebate. This time I purchased the Sentinel flavor tabs ($25 rebate on 12 doses). I went online filled out the information and after 4 weeks I went back online and it said payment in process. Now going on 6 weeks, so I called. Someone answered the phone but did not identify themselves and all she could tell me was that my payment was in process but nothing more. No tracking information, nothing. I will be sure to tell my vet about this b/c I feel this may be a scam. I will try to check in with them again in a couple of weeks.

Original review: June 2, 2015

I can't believe I bought a product from Novartis (again). This has been the third time I have purchased Flee and Tick Preventative from them and this is the third year I have had problems with their rebates. Year one, they shorted me $5.00 which isn't much but it's the principal. The second year, they first could not find my rebate submission, then when they did, they sent me my rebates in $10.00 increments. I have 4 dogs, nothing has changed and my total rebate was $80.00 (fun time using the visa cards).

This year, I tried to do it online, thought that would be easier...wrong...went through scanning all the invoices for each dog (4)...got to the end after and was informed that I have to put a code # on each invoice which means scan everything over again. Tried to set up an account and it keeps telling me my email is already in use. I guess the fact is true. They want you to buy their product but don't want you to use the rebate. Won't happen again, will go back to Advantage for my little guys.

Original review: June 1, 2015

I am an extremely busy person. I just remembered that I needed to submit my rebate at 11:45 pm on 05/31/15. BEFORE midnight... and it said the code was invalid! This is for 3 dogs!!! I am so angry. I still should have been able to submit the rebate info. My code was **. And it said invalid! What a scam!

Original review: May 19, 2015

Purchased Sentinel flavor tabs from my veterinary with a $10.00 rebate. Received my rebate in the form of a Visa prepaid card with an initial card value of $10.00. I am required to activate this card to obtain the PIN in order to use the card. When using the card I may select "Credit" or "Debit". If I select credit I will be required to sign - if I use debit I will need to use the PIN # (with debit the cash back option is not available). This appears to be a con or gimmick to have me open a VISA credit account. If I choose not to go through these procedures I do not get my rebate. I do not want a credit card nor do I want to forfeit my rebate. Is there anything that can be done?

Original review: May 11, 2015

Spent $94.00 for 12 doses of Sentinel; vet gave the rebate, followed the directions and got to the continue after putting a ton of info in only for the site not to accept the purchase date. Then noticed the "2013" number in the offer code. Searched for another code and entered it and still failed. UGH! That's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back. My dogs can only take the Sentinel because Novartis quit making the interceptor. We switched up to something else but made my dogs sick so we are kind of stuck with this. What a scam.

Original review: May 9, 2015

I filed my Novartis rebate in October 2014. It's now May 2015 and the status is still "in process." Really, if they wanted to give their customers a discount they would have done it. How lengthy can their "process" be to check the receipt and issue a check?

Original review: May 6, 2015

I too had a very lengthy paper treadmill.. never got my rebate card. I called NOVARTIS they said card was returned due to my address being incomplete.. gave apartment number. I did get the rebate card.. it said 10.00 on the card.. was supposed to be 35.00.. but the girl at Novartis warned me and assured me it would be loaded for 35.00. I called 866 number and activated card.. called number on back of card to verify amount.. it said card was empty.. no value... really?! Why did they activate it? I'm blonde so giving them another try this year.. we will see if I'm really gullible.. lol.

Original review: April 17, 2015

After filling out lengthy paperwork to receive a rebate back on Sentinel I realized it expired 10 days ago. I called and was told that they refuse to re-issue it. I asked where the money went to? (Unclaimed funds to the state, etc.) And the customer service rep refused to read off his script and just said it expired due to the rules and there's nothing that can done. Last time I get duped into buying their products.

Original review: April 16, 2015

First, as others have became frustrated, typing the step 1 www.novar address did not give a result. Seeing others had problems suggested that I enter the novartisrebates.com on my google search engine which found the Novar rebate web site. Then the fun begins. First finding how to get the offer code and coupon codes entered was tricky but eventually worked. Luckily my vet was listed but there was no pull-down for cockapoo so I finally decided to go with American Spaniel. Working through the instructions requires some experience with poor websites to know what to try to get to the finish line - but then I had to have experience at scanning my original invoice and getting it uploaded to the rebate site. Now I'm waiting for my $10 but not sure it was worth the time spent. I may search for a lower cost product next time and avoid the rebate challenge.

Original review: April 10, 2015

I spent 30 minutes on hold. Their website doesn't give you a coupon code or tell you where you can obtain that or a coupon for their rebate. I like the product, however dealing with this dilemma is not worth the savings at the vet. I'll just order online. You'd think your personal vet would give you the info or a coupon, no luck there either.

Original review: March 18, 2015

I have attempted to submit the rebate information online 4 times. Every time I get the form filled out correctly nothing will work. I am unable to even get the mail-in address from the rebate card or their web site. I will be sure to let our vet know of this issue. I will never buy this product again. Not because of the product but because of the hassle.

Original review: March 15, 2015

My dog has been taking atopica 50 mg. for approx. 3 yrs. varying from daily to every other day. At approx. $50 a box, that adds up! I always apply for the $15 rebate and have received it, usually after a long wait. My complaint is their rebate process on the website. I have spent many frustrating hrs. on their website trying to submit information for the rebate. Why can't I submit it ALL online and not have to print a form and mail it? That is not online submission! At times the site doesn't work either. They need to figure out a better process!

Original review: March 11, 2015

I received my $35 rebate card quickly. It has an expiration date of July 2015. I went to use it today and it doesn't work. I called the number on the back of the card with no results-just reached a recording. I called Citibank, was transferred to 3 different people only to end up with the same recording that gave me no options other than to check my balance. Obviously from reading the complaints on this website, I am not the only one having problems. I am angry as the only reason I purchased 12 months of heart worm pills was because of this rebate. What a ripoff!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2015

Went to their website for rebate. Was directed to proper screen. "Not found" was the message repeatedly. There is no way you can get to the rebate screen on Their Own Website!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

I have repeatedly followed the steps to submit on line and cannot complete the last step. Apparently many others have had the same experience. I have called the so called customer service number and am told it is not a valid number. With so many complaints why has the company not responded? Why has not some state attorney general sued?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2015

A few weeks ago when I was convinced to purchase Sentinel Spectrum instead of usual Heartgard Plus with the bribe of a rebate. As soon as I got home I tried to submit my rebate and the website on the rebate showed site page not found. So I attempted to call customer service at Novartis. The representative rudely tried to correct me that the website is working on her end and try a different browser. Well, still on the phone - neither Google Chrome or Safari will show a working website. She told me to try the next day or week. Well I tried 2 days later, still nothing. A week later, page not found. And now 4 weeks later, I am attempting and I am now challenging anyone to prove to me that this works. www.novartisrebates.com DOES NOT WORK!!! Customer service refused to issue the rebate via phone. I have informed my veterinarian and they cannot pull the site up either.

Novartis Rebates Company Information