National Breeders Association

Middletown, NJ

Compare Pet Breeders

Research top Pet Breeders recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a puppy from Oscar ** (phone numbers **) at the end of January this year. He advertises in K9Stud and (username: kikioschihuahua). It was a very shady experience and I thought we had been taken by a scam all the way up to the time when we picked up the puppy. When we picked up the puppy we were so happy because he was so cute and because of this, I thought all was worth it and I submitted a positive review.

We were promised a toy/teacup/tiny Maltipoo that would only be about 6 pounds full grown. Now the puppy is about 6 months old and already weighs 7.5 pounds and is the size of a medium-sized cat. He is still growing and essentially will be a regular Maltipoo instead of a toy or teacup. We paid extra money to have a small version of a Maltipoo so I think we should be reimbursed the amount that is extra or above the cost of a typical Maltipoo.

Oscar is not replying to me and therefore I feel he doesn't want to deal with this issue. I have purchase, email, and text proof of our conversations and many pics to support my claims. Also, vet info can be made available too. Beware!!! Best not to deal with him, if you want a true teacup/toy/tiny Maltipoo and a stress-free buying experience. I can provide additional details of my very odd and stressful buying experience. Best to avoid this guy.

Our yellow was born on 3/6/15 and we brought him home on May 1. In September he was diagnosed with a torn ACL, which we reported to the breeders, Diamond Sky in Grass Valley, CA on Sunshine Meadows Trail. After more x-rays, it was found that both "knees" needed surgery. We were guaranteed a year's warranty for the health of the pup, but after continually keeping the breeder apprised of the situation and suggesting they contact other owners to have the dogs screened, they never contacted us. Our Vet, Dr. Mike **, at Angels Camp Veterinary Hospital, CA, concluded that the causes were genetic. The pup was $800 and the first surgery was $3500 and he'll have the other knee done when this one heals.

Diamond Sky, Lori and Ed ** have completely ignored such a serious situation and I hope other owners check with AKC to see this complaint. We love our pup (now over a year old) and will do whatever it takes to get him well. It saddens us to know he'll also miss the next 6 months of his growing and "puppydom" and disturbs us that Diamond Sky isn't taking any responsibility for the health of our pup.

Four of our previous dogs have since died twelve years ago. They keep changing their name. Please, these poor dogs are from Puppy Mills.

I was in the process of purchasing two puppies from this breeder. I lost my job, and was wanting to make arrangements, but the breeder decided to sell one of my puppies to another buyer, and kept the other one for herself for breeding purposes. At the time of requesting a refund, she tried to justify her reasoning to keep the funds due to limited space for holding the pups, including the deposit. I was upset; that she decided to keep one of my pups to breed her, and sold the other. I have filed an complaint with the BBB, PayPal and in process of filing a police report.

The total amount of funds she owes me $400.00, and would want a refund of ALL funds given to adopt Fanny & Tootsie. Especially when knowing she has kept one of the pups to herself for BREEDING purposes, and sold the other. Prayer Paw Puppies is practice which borderline criminal activity. The business launders monies from consumers w/out a contract on file and makes up outrageous fees to wheel more money out of customers. They are a PUPPY MILL in disguise. They decide not to sell FANNIE to me when she had $600 of funds to secure her, and kept her for breeding purposes because she has a NICE PERSONALITY (Per Jean ** words). At this point in time, I just want $400 returned back to me via PayPal, and PayPal has given Jean ** a negative seller's rating. They are a total SCAM!!!

"DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM. THEY WILL KEEP YOUR MONIES AND WILL COME UP WITH OUTRAGEOUS WAYS TO KEEP LAUNDERING MORE FUNDS FROM YOU. Their puppy business borderlines to unlawful activity, they are unethical and unprofessional. They are NOT in the best interest for the puppies - they are there to wheel more monies out of customers - and decide not to sell at the very last moment, and will keep a sold dog so, they can breed her for profit along with NOT REFUNDING THE MONIES BACK TO THE CUSTOMER." I have filed cases in following places. Wright County Police Report # **, PeopleClaim Report # **, BBB in MO Report # **. Notified

I gave them the opportunity to buy "over time", as in payments, a beautiful baby bordeaux. They never paid, registered the puppy with AKC papers saying she is a show potential puppy with every intention of breeding her to death, then scammed AKC into a DNA test to say their Sire was the Sire of the litter. They are total scumbags! No dogs are health tested, no anything. Good luck to anyone that buys a dog from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Breeders Association?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

In mid January of 2010 my husband contacted Carol S., owner Gabelle Kennels inquiring about the purchase of a female Westie puppy. Pursuant to his phone call she indicated that two litters were due on or about February 17, 2010 and February 21,2010, as displayed on her website. Futhermore, she indicated that although two female puppies were already promised to other homes, if a third was born into the litter, said puppy would be available for us to purchase. We then forwarded a check to Carol Sutton in the amount of $220.00 which represented one-third of the total purchase price of $650.00 for the puppy. At this time Carol advised us to write the check out to her because she didn't have a checking account for Gabelle Kennels. She also stated that she only has a "cell phone" to contact her which is also displayed on her website.

On or about February 24,2010 my husband contacted Carol S. regarding the status of the litter. He was advised that the first litter did not produce a female and that our deposit would be applied to the second litter, toward the purchase of a third female puppy. A third female puppy was born later that day. On March 1,2010 approximately four days before Carol left for Disney with her family with a return date of March 14,2010, our check was cashed. We left several messages between March 17,2010 thru March 22,2010 inquiring about our puppy. Our calls were never returned.

Finally, on or about March 22,2010 after making another call to Carol, she finally answered her cell phone and indicated that our puppy died on February 25,2010, the day after it was born. This news was a shock to us since our bank records indicated that our deposit was cashed on March 1,2010.Upon receiving the news of our puppies death we then requested that our deposit be returned. Carol said that she would send it "within the month" (March) it never came.

Then she said she would send it "by the end of April", it never came. Then she told us we had to send a letter to her stating we no longer want a puppy from her, "just in case down the road we change our minds", we sent the letter that she requested certified mail, the deposit never came. Carol, also when asked, why did it take you almost a month to contact us to advise us that our puppy died. She replied that "her cell phone got wet in Disney and didn't work to contact us and that the Wi Fi in her room at the resort didn't work either to email us". (We have emails from her stating this).

So, Carol S., owner Gabelle Kennels, takes our deposit, cashes it after one week of our puppies death, spends it in Disney, does not contact us or return our calls for one month. Then all contact stopped from Carol S. We still do not have our deposit. As of August 6, 2010 we were advised that Carol Sutton does indeed have a "home phone" as well as a cell phone. She uses her home phone for advertising for her daycare that she also runs out of her home. So, even though she stated that her "cell phone got wet in Disney and didn't work" and that she couldn't contact us her home phone that she has had for many years, worked. She returned from Disney on March 14,2010 and would not call us or answer her cell phone until March 22, 2010.

We finally heard from Carol after filing a complaint that is now posted on the web. Five months after that fact and still no deposit! She said, "if we clear her name she would send our deposit back". We want our deposit of $220.00. We will continue to do what is right. We will contact every legal institution, every advocacy, every consumer we can to protect the next person that may consider to deal with Carol S. She should be ashamed of herself. Carol S. is a dishonest woman. We truly believe that every dog has its day! advise. We were scammed out of $220. It is economic loss for us.She has been making us "jump through hoops" to get our deposit back.

On April 1, 2010 we purchased an 8-week old male Morkie from Ms. ** for $550. While the puppy was not vet-checked, she did guarantee his health. Several weeks later, we took the puppy to a vet for an exam and vaccinations. We were told he had a serious heart murmur. To understand the pup's health issue, we had to get him examined by a veterinary cardiologist, which cost $530. At this time, we learned that the puppy has a severe congenital heart defect that is only corrected through a procedure that opens a defective heart valve. Without this procedure, the puppy will die; and there is no guarantee that he will survive the procedure.

The veterinary specialist recommended that we send the puppy's health report to the breeder (Ms. **) to assure that the puppy's parents are neutered. Ms. ** would not listen to this advice and refused to consider refunding our money. We only want a healthy dog and feel that Ms. ** is irresponsible in breeding and selling puppies and that potential buyers should be warned of the consequences. To save this puppy's life, we will be investing approximately $4000. We've also suffered emotional stress in managing the puppy's health issues. We've contacted Ms. ** several times and she absolutely will not consider taking any financial responsibility for the puppy's health.

First off, I love my sweet baby more than the world and would not trade her for anything! I know she has a wonderful loving home here with myself and my husband and will take care of all her needs. I purchased my yorkie April 2009. During the past year she had kennel cough, skin infection, teeth removed, and two very bad knee caps that required surgery. This has cost almost $10,000 (also had pet insurance which does not cover much, by the way).

Worldwide Puppies was contacted on my year date contract. They offered me $1800 towards another puppy from their store with my vet medical papers showing the knee surgery diagnosis. I was naive when I went into the store and thought they were using reputable breeders. Little did I know until I paid and saw she was from Missouri. I hate to see someone suffer as I have emotionally and a dog suffers emotionally and physically.

This needs to be stopped. There are reputable breeders out there and also healthier and not as costly. The economic damage is huge vet bills that pet insurance companies do not cover. All of my puppy’s illnesses were not covered and the small amount it did cover was not worth the insurance premium. My heart breaks when I see my puppy have to stay at the hospital and nobody should be selling or promoting puppy mills.

Susan and I had a contract for me to purchase a Yorkshire terrier puppy from her for $1,000. I was supposed to put $500 down and pay cash for the rest when it was time to pick him up. I wired her the money, and after giving her the confirmation code, she turned around and informed me that she had changed her mind and would not be selling me the puppy. And that since her deposits are non refundable, and I signed the contract stating such, I would not be receiving my $500 back. Not to mention the $637 I spent on the plane tickets to fly from Utah to Indiana, she is a horrible person and a bad scammer! Please don't purchase puppies from her in the future!

I purchased a Tea Cup Yorkshire Terrier on 1/16/10. On 1/21, I had to rush the puppy to a vet because he would not eat or drink. He was having trouble breathing and had a discharge from his nose. He stayed at the vet for the afternoon to receive IV treatments for low blood sugar. The vet claimed he was underweight and unhealthy and I should return him. He wrote a letter about the dog's health. This vet no longer wanted to treat the puppy because of his fragile state.

I took the puppy to a new vet (the pet store would not take him back) on 2/1 because the medications were not working and the puppy continued to grow weaker. This vet claimed the puppy had Pneumonia. He took x-rays, blood tests, etc. It took three different antibiotics and many visits to get the puppy healthy again. I submitted all of the bills and the x-rays to the pet store.

After weeks of getting a runaround, they are only paying $252.41 of my bill. Their letter states that the puppy was not suffering from pneumonia but kennal cough. They never examined the puppy. They also stated the puppy had an intestinal parasite (which he never was treated for) and that they are not required to pay for either kennal cough or parasites.

They quote New York State Law Article 35-D as the reason. I am aware of the New York Pet Lemon Law that states differently. I should have received $1,000 (the purchase price of the puppy). My economic damage is substantial. I purchased a puppy for $1,000 and had to spend over $1000 on vet bills related to his illness. This cost does not include regular vet bills for boosters, shots check-ups etc. This was much more costly than I anticipated. I would not have purchased this puppy for over $2,000. I am planning to pursue this and I am contacting my vet to discuss how I can prove the puppy had pneumonia not kennal cough, and no parasite issues.

We purchased a 6wk old Gold-Rush golden puppy from Gold-Rush kennells in Princeton N.J. on 5-12-08. Over a year later, we started to notice how the dog walks with difficulty at times, appearing to be in pain. During an exam at the vets on 8-25-09, the doctor discovered the dog to have Right Medial Patella Luxation, grade III/IV. The doctor suggested we notify the breeder because he feels this is an in-breeding problem and the breeder should be aware.

We notified the breeder via e-mail but no response was given to us. The computer shows that the message was indeed received. Again several months later, we e-mailed the breeder again looking for advice, because the vets feel this dog will require expensive surgery soon due to pain issues. Again the computer shows that the message was received but we have yet to get a response. Our Puppy guarantee after the date of purchase is good for only six months. This problem was noticed after a year old. My biggest problem with the breeder is the total silence. Thus, causing us to never use or recommend this breeder again. And of course, we have a dog in pain with an expensive and large surgical procedure pending.

I bought an AKC male Chihuahua pup from Robin **. She had brought the wrong health certificate. She was going to mail the correct one to me (I have not received it since she agreed to take pup back). I have learned that the pup is deaf, has a cleft nose, and a heart murmur. I do have a more detailed document, if needed. Robin said she would give me my money back. She does not have the money, so I am to wait until she gets it. It has been a week. I have had the pup for 2 weeks.

We purchased a "show" quality male rottweiler August 2008 from this breeder. The dog was welped on 6-14-08. We paid $2500. for the dog. As per our contract we sent the breeder $20 to register the dog with the AKC under the name Bruno. The contract states that within 6 months the dog would be registered under our name with the AKC.

We have repeatedly tried to contact the breeder with no results. the dog to the best of our knowledge is still not registered with the AKC therefore we can not breed or show the dog. This is a breach of contract and fraud as the dog was obtained under the "show dog" conditions and cost. $2500.00 for the purchase of the dog. $2000.00 in training fees for a dog I can not show or breed because it's not registered, negating the value of the dog

On April 10, 2009, I purchased a female boxer puppy from Breeders Association of America, Inc. Almost from the day the dog came home, she exhibited signs of being sick. Vomiting, lack of digesting food, she had something once that resembled a seizure and what was the most frightening was the dog's lack of weight gain. I was in constant contact with the pet store and the vet regarding her condition. At one point, the pet store paid for some testing to be done on her which of course came back inconclusive. But as the months passed, the dog's condition just kept worsening. For months, it seemed that me and my children were just watching this poor animal die a slow and painful death. On her last visit to the vet, which was July 11, 2009, the vet described her condition as "completely emaciated" and I was informed that she would need extensive diagnostic testing, which would be very expensive.

I explained to the vet that I financially could not afford that. He then stated that he would talk to the pet store in my behalf. But I feel I must mention that the vet and the pet store work in conjunction with each other that is why the vet refused me an "unfit for purchase" paper because he did not want to rock the boat with his business relationship with the pet store. To no avail, the pet store again refused to help me. Well finally on July 18, 2009, in the middle of my daughter's sweet sixteen party, the dog became so violently ill. It was clear to me that she was dying. Family and friends were very scared and some were crying. I immediately called the vet, he was closed and then called the pet store and began my argument. They told me under no circumstances would I be issued a refund, only store credit. They told me to bring the dog into an emergency veterinary hospital. I explained I could not possibly afford that.

We argued back and forth on the phone for about a half an hour while the dog continued to be violently ill, throwing up uncontrollably. They finally agreed to allow me to bring the dog back into them, but I would at that point be signing over all my rights to her and receiving a store credit. Under much duress and pain and suffering, I brought the dog into them, signed the paper and have never heard a word from them since. I don't know if the dog died? If they put her down? Did they invest the money to try and find out what was wrong with her? Or, my worst nightmare, did they just turn around and resold this sick dog to someone else? These people of this establishment are cold, calculating, scam artists that care nothing about the welfare of these poor animals or for the people who purchase them. Someone really should find a way to have this place shut down forever so an end can be put to the hurting of innocent animals and innocent people.

On April 11, 2008 my sister and I went to look at puppies from Breeders Association of America. I fell in love with a beautiful male Golden Retriever puppy. The purchase price they were asking was for $4,300.00 and We asked them if this was a show quality dog they said "no" and lowered the price to $800.00. We then asked them if this puppy was from a certified breeder and they assured me that he was and said that I would get his papers upon purchase. I bought the dog and have had him for a little over a year. We have been training this dog since we purchased him and to date, he still will not be disciplined. He continues to try to dominate the household even though we have taken him to various trainers and tried all different types of training.

Further, within the past month, he has shown aggression problems with food. I took him for further training and this time brought him to Breeders Association for training with him. The next day, I fed the dog and he started to growl at me. When I put him in a sit position and sternly told him no growl, he turned and bit my hand, drawing blood from three fingers. I called the trainer at Breeders and she told me it was "just an obedience issue, the dog needs more training". I have two small children at home, 4 and 6 years old. They witnessed the dog biting me and are now afraid of the dog. I explained to them that the dog could not stay in the house and that growling and biting with food is a highly unusual behavior for a Golden Retriever. They told me that if I just trained him more that he would never bit again.

I called my vet and explained to him the situation and he told me that if I did continue to train this animal that it might work but it would be a risk to the children that I would have to make a decision. The vet further told me that after looking at all the problems with training and dominence issues, that he believed that there might be something wrong with the dog from breeding. I called the Humane Society to see if they would take him and they told me that they could never adopt him out because he bit. I called the Shore Hearts Golden Retriever Rescue group and got a crazy lady named Lana Winter on the line who told me to "take responsibility for myself and put the dog down myself instead of trying to dump the dog on her." I was just trying to explore other options for the dog other than putting him down.

Today, both my husband and myself spoke with the owner of Breeders Association and he told us just to train the dog more. When we told him that we wanted to have them take the dog back and we wanted our money back, he told us that he was covered by his contract and that it was our problem. We asked for information about the dog's parents and he told us that he "might be able to get us that information but he wasn't sure". I am going to have blood work done on the dog before we put him to sleep and if we find anything to suggest that the dog is inbred, we will be going to small claims court!

We purchased a male Boxer puppy on August 25, 2008 from Stagecoach Terriers. Upon our first examination with our vetirenarian, we were informed that only one testacle descended in the sack (cryptorchid) and the puppy had other numerous health issues; including but not limited to a double yeast ear infection, worms, intestinal overgrowth, jaw overbite, penal discharge, kennel cough, aortic valve stenosis, intestinal overgrowth and a bladder infection. Out of pocket expenses in the amount of $1,167.00. Mental anguish and time necessary to apply and care for the sick puppy.

I worked with this broker to find a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. When he was shipped, he was sick. The health certificate that was sent with him describes a male cavalier, 4 months old. This puppy, according to my vet, is at least 6 months old. When received, he had ear mites, roundworms, and kennel cough. The receiving vet verified this and put him on medication. The following Sunday, I had to take him to an emergency ER clinic as he was coughing violently, passing blood and not responsive. He was diagnosed with coccasodis, kennel cough and dehydration. The vet there put him on an additional 2 antibiotics and oral medicines as well as a sub-q hydrotherapy.

Nine days later, he required another vet visit with more antibiotics. In short, within 15 days of receiving this pet, I spent almost $700 in vet bills, and in the week following, another $219.00 for more medication. The broker maintains that the pet might have had ear mites, but that the rest of it had not occurred and that I might be responsible for his condition.

I was looking to buy a bull terrier puppy. I was not sure if I would get my puppy if I were to pay over the internet. I started looking locally, got a number from a local newspaper and spoke to the breeder (who claimed she was). She told me she was a breeder and the parents were on premises so I went. I saw the puppies and the parents. All looked healthy. I spoke with the breeder, got the shot card. The registration papers were supposedly on the way. I paid her $500 & left. I went back twice so they could check up on their sold puppy and to get her papers, to find out I still haven't received the papers, and the puppy has Demodex mange. It was highly recommended not to be bred because this sickness is hereditary. It cannot be a show dog because no papers and now it has an overbite, another sign of bad breeding. Put it this way, she looks like someone weed whacked her while she was sleeping on a fire ant pile ...

My 3-yr-old daughter, 10-year-old son and I love Lola (puppy) and we didn't deserve to be sold a sick dog knowingly. At first, I got a beautiful pup thinking I was going to see her have puppies someday and now I have a puppy with quarter size patches all over. That's 500 dollars down the drain, a medical bill of $300 and rising. My kids love her but don't want to touch her because they think she's in pain. We intend on keeping her but we didn't deserve this and didn't deserve the constant medical checkups and bills. Our vet said the breeder should have known not to sell these pups since they have a hereditary condition.

I purchased an AKC registered yorkshire terrier from M. Harsch on 12/20/08 with a contract of health guarantee for 12months after purchase. I rented a car as I didnot own one at the time and I drove from my home in Rockaway Beach NY to Virginia Beach to pick up he puppy. I payed $2500 for her. she seemed to be normal and vibrant and active up until 3/13/09! I came home from work to find her lethargic and dehydrated. I immediately took her to the Animal Hospital of the Rockaways which was closed at the time. I returned home and tended to her for the night. she made it thru the night.

I then took her there first thing in the morning of 3/15/09! She was found to be severely dehydrated and her blood sugar level was at 44 (near death for a puppy this young). so I left her there to be treated over night. I called every hour on the hour to check on her. the next day I received a call at 9ish am. to come in for them to show me something they were concerned about. Upon my arrival I was shown a very infected rectal area on my puppy that was unexplainable by the vet.

I was referred to the NYC Specialists. I took her there immediately and found that upon their examination that she had arithmia...abdominal tumors...possible intusseception (intestinal blockage) and with all this a 20-30% chance of recovery. therefore we had her euthenized. I called the breeder to discuss the situation. no answer. left message. called her the nest day. no answer. left message. called her again the next day. finally got her but she was not willing to replace the puppy or reimburse me which is what is required according to her contract that she signed and gave me at the time of sale. I now am pursuing legal action against her to get restitution.

I have a huge void in my life now. I am out of $2500 plus vet bills that amount to over $3000 dollars. I want my money back and I don't think this person should be breeding puppies considering this situation and her inhumne approach to the problem at hand that according to the Vet Specialist is a congenital birth defect.

I purchased a female chocolate lab in January 2008. The dogs were adertised as AKC registered, when in fact, Ms. Herndon had not registered the litter's mother so therefore could not register the litter. We have had many conversations with her since that time and she has promised us that the paperwork is getting done and just takes time. Our dog ended getting pregnant with her first cycle and had 8 puppies in January 2009. Ms. Herndon was made aware of this and promised that we would have our papers on Nutmeg before her puppies were ready to go.

This did not happen so we have lost hundreds of dollars on the puppies, since we could not charge what they are worth without paperwork on them. We also will need to have Nutmeg spayed now so as not to have this happen again. We paid $600.00 for a dog that we still do not have any papers on.

I purchased a puppy from this breeder a year ago March 23rd. When purchasing this puppy I was advised that he will be AKC Registerable. There was a contract between the breeder and myself which specifically stated that the puppy is AKC Registerable. The Breeder M. Black (also goes by her married name M. Lai) did not have the registration papers at the time of purchase, however, she advised me that she will mail it to me. The Breeder never contact me.

I contacted the breeder by email in June and she responded that the paperwork is still being processed and she will keep me up to date . I never heard back from her. I have attempted to make numerous calls, left voice messages and sent emails and never received a return call or response to my emails. It is my understanding that the New Jersey Lemon Law Requires a seller/Breeder to produce the Registration Paper within 120 days of purchase. It is a year and seller/Breeder has not produced the papers.

Additionally, Breeder clearly breached her contract because she failed for produce the papers as specified in said contract. A copy of this contract is available upon request. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter as seller failed to abide by the NJ Pet Lemon Law and the Contract. If I would have known that puppy was not going to be AKC registerable, I would not have purchased puppy from this breeder as I only wanted a AKC Registered puppy.

We purchased a puppy from the Breeder's Association of America on January 29, 2009. The owner and salesperson at the store guaranteed that the dog was from a reputable breeder and the price initially started at $3,000. They eventually dropped the price to $800, and we went through a financing company to pay for the dog as well as owed the store $299.00. We took the dog to a vet suggested by the Breeder's Association on Feb. 6 and tests came back the dog has Tracheo bronchitis. She also became sick with a parasite several weeks later and needed more medication (Feb 20).

Our vet wrote us a letter that the dog was unfit for sale (we were also told the dog was seen by a vet the day we picked her up). He also suggested that we find out which breeder the Breeder's Association went to. We took the vet bills to the pet store and they said we couldn't be reimbured until we paid the balance. She also said she couldn't tell us where the dog came from because again we still owed them money. We paid the balance and they gave me a copy of our contract which had the last name of the Breeder as well as the name of a Kennel. They told us we couldn't get any more information on where the dog came from because there is a law that protects the breeder's privacy. I am unable to find such a law.

Upon researching the Kennel, Oleo Acres in IA, we discovered the USDA has previously charged them for violating the Animal Welfare Act with over 15 violations. We have been unable to locate the breeder in the town they gave us. However, there are breeders listed with that last name in IA who sold dogs to puppy mills. We do not feel as though we should pay over $800 for a dog that did not come from a reputable breeder as promised.

The owner will not return our phone calls, and I was told by a rep from the Breeder's Association that there could be two kennels with the same name in the same town. This is to me is rediculous. They sold us a dog they knew what sick that came from a Kennel with a history of mistreatment of animals. We have already paid the $299 in store and would like that refunded. We still owe the financing company (SCA) on the dog as well. I am terrified to think how many people this store has done this to.

Spent hundreds of dollars on a dog from that originated from a pupy mill.

I purchased a MaltiPoo from Anna in July of last year. Anna assured me that both the mother and father of this dog were hers and that she bred them personally. Since then, I have had nothing but problems and the dog was sick from the get-go. Not long after buying it, it was confirmed by my vet that the dog had an internal parasite, so bad that he had to have had it since birth. Upon learning this, I called Anna to dicuss. The truth then came out that she only had the mother and that the father was someone else's dog. I asked if the mother was the Maltese or the Poodle and what the father was and she completely ignored me and moved on to another topic. At that point, she stood by her vet's diagnosis of the dog at the time of purchase...which was the picture of health (she claims!). I asked her if I could have the name of the vet and his phone # to speak to him personally and she, once again, completely ignored me and moved on to another topic.

More recently, I had the dog in the emergency room at the vet last week due to a hip injury and, after a series of x-rays, it was determined that the dog has a hereditary bone disorder in which the knees don't sit properly in the socket. The condition is ranked on a scale between 1-4, with 4 being the most severe. The dog was diagnosed between a 3-4, making him a candidate for orthoscopic surgery. This condition also leads into severe arthritis. Being a hereditary disorder, the mother and/or the father had it and, knowing this, breeders are not to breed those dogs.

I called her last week to discuss it and Anna proceeded to call me every name in the book, threatened me with bodily harm, to hook me up to the back end of her Hummer and drag my [expletive] up and down Foothill Boulevard, and threatened to put me in the hospital. I told her I was bringing the dog back to her and I wanted my money back and, if not, I would see her in Court. She told me my [expletive] weren't big enough and that this was her world and I lived in it. I then called the Sherrif's Department and told them what happened and that she threatened me. I took the dog back that day (with police escort) and, conveniently, she was not there. The Sherrif spoke to her on the phone in which she proceeded to call me every name in the book...again and told him how psycho I and my vets are. I left the dog there, was given a receipt on a scrap of paper by her worker and left.

She called my husband that night and told him the dog was ready for pick-up and that he was in perfect health and had been checked out by her vet after we left. My husband asked if he could have the name and # of the vet and was told he could get that info when he picked the dog up the next day (Friday). My daughter called for me the next day and spoke to Anna and asked if Anna could fax the vet paperwork to her so we could speak to the vet personally. Anna, once again, said we could get that info when we picked the dog up on Tuesday after the President's Day holiday (it was supposed to be that day!). At that point, my daughter told her that we were not picking up the dog at all and that we would see her in Court. Anna then showed her true self and proceeded to cuss my daughter out and said she knows how this game is played (obviously, she's been here before with other clients!).

Since then, we have found out that there is no vet - she gives all shots and self-diagnoses the animals herself. She also does not breed these dogs herself - she gets them all from puppy mills and passes them off to be affluent breeds. Anna Gabriel needs to be shut down! She not only goes by Anna Gabriel and Norwalk Pet Grooming, but also by...Anna Beradini, Anna Bernadini, Anna M. Berardini, Anna's Pet Grooming, Cockapoo Connection, California Cockapoos, MaltiPoo's and More and she also incorporated in 2004 under the name Anna's Pet Grooming Corporation. In 2003 Anna was convicted of practicing veterinary medicine without a license. She was doing tail docking and dewclaw removal at her shop. They also found several SICK puppies that she was treating without vet supervision or prescription! Anna pleaded not guilty though that was her plea, she was sentenced to 6 months probation. Obviously the state thought differently.

In 1999 American Kennel Club yanked her registration privileges for not identifying her dogs properly and not keeping good records and was sentenced to 10 years of no registrations. And just recently on June 16th of 2005 Anna was under the watchful eye again. L. A. County issued a search warrant for her home and both her shop after many many angry people who bought sick puppies demanded that something be done about this cruel money hungry woman who treats these poor puppy like products.

Financially, I am out thousands of dollars for the initial cost of the dog, vet bills, immunizations, etc. Emotionally, I am absolutely devastated. I had grown to love the dog in the short time I had him.

we purchased a 9 week old labrador on 1/27/2009. when we viewed the dog, its stomach was large. the breeder said she just ate. he then put her on worming meds for 4 days. within 8 days our dog had a fever of 104 and large stomach. 3 days later she bloated out to the size of a soccer ball and we took her to the dog er. she was diagnosed with bloat. we took her to our vet after she spent the night in the er, and he operated on her. he reduced her stomach by stapling.

r. krivak and a. sky labradors will not respond to our plight. we saved the dogs life and he is providing no assistance after written request for the same. he claims a congenital life threatening issue had to be brought to him within 7 days of purchase. we paid 1000.00 for the dog and another 800.00 in medical care/surgery within two weeks of purchase. and we have to feed her canned feed--21.50 for 12 cans --2 cans per day. i would like to know all of the places i can register complaints, including the akc, humane society, breeders networks, etc. we also expect some compensation from the breeder.

as stated above--803.00 in vet/er/surgical bills (my vet was so appalled he did the surgery at no charge to get to the bottom of this) dog has 15-20 stiches and the stomach reduction is not guaranteed to save her life.

We purchased a Golden Retriever puppy 12/20/08 from D. Webb, a breeder in Lee, Fl. We paid $350.00 and were told she was started on deworming and had her first shots & had a health certificate. We drove 3 1/2 hours after multiple phone calls regarding the health of the puppies and the parents, to pick her up. When we arrived, Denise was not there and her teenage son gave us a document with supposed deworming schedule and first shot. At that time we noticed sores on both ears that the son said was nothing. On our way home, she was found to be flea infested which took 2 days to resolve.

Monday, we took her to the vet and they said she had a bacterial skin infection, eye and ear infections, tape worm, and they didn't trust the document we were given with the shot and deworming schedule. Since then she has been back to the vet several times, and they now say she needs eye surgery for an entropion on her lower eyelid with continuous drainage and irritation.

We contacted them first by certified letter which could not be delivered and after multiple attempts was returned to us unopened. We then sent the same leter Return Receipt. We told them they had 7 days to reimburse us for all the vet fees or we would report them to you, and they have never responded. We know for a fact that they are continuing to breed with multiple dogs in cages in their back yard and their son said they would be breeding again right away.

We paid $350.00 for the puppy. Vet fees/flea medication/all other mediations totalling approx $282.00. She will also need eye surgery between $100-200.00.

We bought an adorable 10 week old Wheaten Terrier puppy from American Puppy club. We made the same mistake as many others and got very excited about getting our son a puppy for Christmas. We brought him home Christmas Eve and the poor puppy was never right since. He was at first unable to hold any food down. He then started making choking sounds. We took him to the vet and found out he had kennel cough. We were OK with that and the place said they would repay the vet bills. We thought that the vomiting was related to the kennel cought, as the vet said that could be the case. The dog was on 2 different antibiotics and a cough medicine for about 2 weeks and was still not keeping any food down.

We had to put him on IV fluids the next time we took him to the vet a week later. We were then told by the vet to feed him just chicken and rice and see if that helped. Well, it did, but if we fed the dog just a tiny bit too much, he would vomit everything out. So we had to try just feeding him one tablespoon of chicken at a time. I have to say, the poor pup is very hungry. He has a great appetite, he just can't seem to keep the food down. So, we feed him one tablespoon, then another 5 minutes later, and so on so that he won't vomit. I have to come home everyday at lunch to do this and I often take him to my parents house so they can feed him all day. Anything so the poor dog can put on some weight!

So, we took him back to the vet yesterday (about 3 weeks later) and the vet said he did gain about 2 pounds, but he was still way too skinny. He also told us that his lymph nodes were enlarged and he thought he had gastrointestinal lymphoma!! I am not an emotional person, but I starting crying before the vet could finish his sentence. He wrote us a letter stating the dog was unfit for sale and told us that even with treatment there would not be much we could do for the dog. He didn't even have the facilities to test for it there.

So we brought the poor dog back to American Puppy Club to see what we should do and they made us feel like we were trying to scam them! The lady basically laughed at me and told me the vet we went to (who they recommended!) was inexperienced and they would only accept a diagnosis from one specific vet at Middletown Veterinary Hospital. I'm OK with getting a second opinion (we would have done that any way) but when we tried to make an appointment at the place the Dr. she told us to go to was on vacation for the next week. There are a bunch of other doctors at the same place, but she still said we could only see him!

None of this is making any sense to me. We do not want to put this dog down. He has only been with us for about 6 weeks, but we love him dearly. However, we can not and will not pay for the mistake that this place made. The dog should never have been sold to us in the condition that he was in. He looks like he is malnourished when the reality is we spend all of out time feeding him and trying to get him to gain weight! So now we have to wait for the diagnosis from the doctor that I am sure is in cahoots with this place. Then we will probalby take him to another vet of our own and see what we come up with.

They offered to give us store credit (totally ridiculous) and my husband told them we either want this dog fixed and in good healh or we want our money back. No in between. I have no idea how this will turn out. We are all heartbroken and are out hundreds of dollars!

We have spent hundreds of dollars on vet visits and medications since the first week we brought the dog home. They have promised to reemburse us, but have not as of yet. The issue is still ongoing so I imagine they are waiting to see what the end result is. I can not even explain the emotional damage that has come to us just from feeling sad for the dog, and then from the company making us out to be monsters. This is NOT over! We will continue to fight them over this!

We had decided to buy an Miniature Australian Shepherd from Kathy T. at Boldheart Mini Aussies in Arizona. She toyed around with us not being able to tell us which of the dogs would be available until the day they were to be shipped out. The dog was a present for my daughter's 5 th birthday. Kathy assured us the dog would have a temperment suitabe for a household with and one year old and a five year old child.

Immediatley the dog showed aggressive tendencies. KAthy would not respond to our emails and calls. Than in one day the dog bit a 4 year old and attacked a two year old child.

After many calls she finaly called back and said it was nothing to worry about and doggy kindergarten at Petco would take care of it. Petco refused to train the puppy due to liability and all dog trainers agreed saying we had to go to a behaviorist. We tried to limit the dogs exposure to our children eventhough she tried to assure us the dog was fine around our own kids.

While we were all sitting in our house the dog bit my 5 year old in the face ripping her lip from her nose all the way down and causing permanent disfigurement. Kathy T. than admitted to dog was the Alpha of the litter and she had never used the stud before. Kathy T. agreed to take the dog back.

We sent it back to her after driving 200 miles to the airport. She was to refund our $1800.00 when she received the dog. We never heard from her until she refused to refund our money. She calimed our daughter must have "provoked the dog"..totally untrue! Now she is most likely selling the dog again to another family.

My daughter now has a facial scar. We had medical bills, loss of actual cost of dog and lots and lots of turmoil. It is very difficult to think we brought a dog into our house that scarred our child for life.

We purchased two labrador puppies In Sept. 07 for $1500 each. Dec. 08 one of the dogs (Jack) goes into congestive heart failure and is diagnosed with inhereited DCM (Dilated cardio myopathy). He is now on medications and is on a restricted exercise routine. Typically this disease kills within 6 months to a year. When we informed the breeder about this he insisted that it was heartworm. He said his dogs don't get heart disease.

After alowing him to converse with our vet and sending him medical records, Mr. Weiner says that DCM isn't hereitary. We have a signed schedule of contract that says that sunnyview labs will replace any dog that has an inhereited disease. He offered $200.00 off the next dog.

One disabled dog with terminal disease. Concern for the dogs brother who has same parents. Vet bill up to $1500 plus various meds costing $85 monthly.

Paid for a SHOW QUALITY pup, ended up with one with a bad bite and lots of health problems. Had to have major surgery right after we got him. Had a parisite infection that shut down his colon. Have been waiting for 4 months for a partial refund on bite and surgery, still nothing!

I would never wish for anyone to go through the emotional torment and financial expense we have incurred! We purchased an AKC pup from an excellent bloodline but feel we ended up with a part time breeder. Our pup is now growing into a beautiful dog but only time will tell if all the sickness and surgery has stunted his growth.WARNING- do not purchase a pup from this breeder without a full check up from an independent vet first!

I bought a doxie from them jan 2008. my daughter and I asked to see the puppy and they let us play with it for a while and when we said we were interested they told us that it was already neutered because of a hernia at a very young age. So now my daughter is crying that she wants the dog and I did not because I felt it already had problems being neutered at such a young age. But I gave into my daughter and bought the dog for over $1000.00. Now Cody was 1 yr. old in November and his right foot is completely turned out to the right. My vet said its a birth defect and will probably bother him as he gets older. He is not a mini and will be large and the weight will make it worse.

I brought him back to the pet store to show them and they said they wanted a letter from my vet. I got the letter and hand delivered it. I never recd a call back so I kept calling until I got the young kid NICK on the phone who said he was the manager. He said the owner of the place has to contact the breeder and see what will be done to compensate me. I told him for the third time I want them to pay for the surgery. I did a little web surfing and found that the dog came from the Puppy Mill Hunte Corporation, the breeder is D. McGinnis and co owner of the breeder assoc of america is J. Grastara.

I am getting the run around, but I will not give up. Cody has a wonderful personality and I want him to be comfortable. He is a great dog, very happy and playful. These pet stores need to be stopped from tricking people and taking advantage of consumers and these poor puppies from puppy mills. I learned my lesson, and bought my next doxie from a local breeder and I will get my next doxie from her, never again from the breeders association. I am going to report them to the better business bureau also. I told Nick from the pet store that I will bring cody to any specialist they want me to, but I just got laid off from my job so I do not have the money to go to another doctor. I have pet insurance for all 5 dogs, but its just emergency insurance, not for birth defects. I told Nick they are responsible for this defect.

National Breeders Association Company Profile