1.67/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

LitterMaid

Looking for a good dog food brand?

LitterMaid Reviews

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Purchased brand new 4 months ago and have had continuous problems. Rake stops in middle. Continuously runs. Have to shut off and turn on again. I have emailed customer service with no response. I have called their 800 number. Told I had to be transferred after waiting about 5 minutes to get a message saying they are closed please leave a number. I have worked in the pet industry for 30 years of which 21 years was owning my own store. I cannot believe how this product has taken a down spiral. Buyers beware.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

The waste receptacles that dont have the circle spots to fit directly in the Litter Maid box dont fit at all! They are too bulky and dont stay in. When the poop is raked into the receptacle it lays directly on the lid and piles up and smells. Horrible change to the lids! If I would have known it wouldnt fit I wouldnt have bought it. I have to cut one part of the lid to make it fit just a little to wear. I can duct tape it so it stays and closes when the poop is dropped into it. If I could give it a 0 star I would.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I bought many product like litter. My experience is that when my cats use the literals it does not clean up after them and it's not that old 9 months old. I also don't appreciate the basket not fitting properly and the lid does not close because the collection basket is slightly long. I just would like a replacement of the defective product. Thank you. Nedia

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased this automatic cleaning litter box to make things easier for my Dad for when I travel for work. This box has stopped working and I only had for four months. I have to power it down and then power up for the rake to move across for cleaning. It no longer runs on its own. I have one cat and I am not happy this did not last for what I paid. Four months, it should have lasted longer. Now I am looking for a different brand to replace this.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

This is the 3rd LitterMaid we have had. The first two we had were great. This one the rake won't reach to the bottom of the tray. It skims the top of the litter only. And only then if the litter is at the maximum line. I have to scoop daily. I also had to put some olive oil on the tracks because the gears were so loud. So very disappointed. Have written to the company. We will see what they do. When you pay over $100 for a product you expect it to do what it is supposed to do. We have two cats so it is not overused. This is why we got the multi-cat model.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LitterMaid?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I just called and spoke to a representative regarding the issue I have with Litter Maid automatic litter cleaning unit. I had one for 10 years without an issue. Unfortunately, I had to replace it with a new one and I had an issue a year or two ago. The company was nice enough to give me a replacement at no charge. I am having the SAME issue again and at this point, I am throwing it out with no plans on purchasing a new one. The rake gets to the point of not being able to push the dirty litter up over and into the container. The noise is so loud that it wakes up my daughter. It goes dat, dat, dat, dat, dat... for quite a long time until I go downstairs and physically push the rake to make it move.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE THIS UNIT AGAIN. Obviously from my old one to the ones I just had the manufacturing is shoddy. The representative did not care to even get the video I made to show the issue. He did not seem to care as it is past the one year mark. If this is a constant issue, it should be rectified. It is extremely disappointing that the company does not even care. It is too expensive to replace and have the same issues. Seems like I am not the only one.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I can honestly say that I have never had a worse experience with a customer service department or an item that cost as much as the LitterMaid than my most recent experience. The first one that I got, the motor went out on it after just a few months - that's alright, it's under warranty. Well, the replacement that they sent me also had a terrible situation - it refused to scoop. It would make a terrible noise and not move and it basically sounded like it the motor was stripped. I reached out to the team and explained that the replacement that they sent had already gone kaput, but they have never responded with anything helpful. They asked if I was using premium litter - yes.

They asked about levels - all are set the right way. They told me that I might need to change my litter... What? I never had this issue before. Then they just quit responding altogether. The replacement that they sent to me was totally bunk and then they did nothing more. The machines that I got lasted less than 1 year total - between 2 machines - and then the customer service team was terribly unresponsive and did not solve the issue. I finally bought a 15.00 litter pan and scoop it myself since that's what I had to do anyway with the LitterMaid - what's the point of paying that kind of money just to still have to do it myself? It was a terrible experience - never again!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I got a LitterMaid back in September of 2017, right before I went on vacation. I have used premium litter from day one, and kept the litter at the correct level since then. By December it was jamming as the rake came down to scoop. As if that’s not bad enough, when it jams it makes the loudest most terrifying noise possible and scares me and my cat. She’s stopped wanting to use it because it jams so much. I’m going to have to find a different brand that doesn’t jam so much. Waste of money in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

This only holds about 1 in of litter and not one bit more otherwise the rake will not move forward to clean it. Not only is it severely under-powered, it is noisy and the cats are scared of it. They refuse to use it and I have 4 cats. It needs to be 2-3 in deep for litter and increase power by about 700% while making it quiet.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Litter Maid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box - This was a horrible experience! This item costs a lot, is a little confusing to assemble, works poorly (poop sticks to the rake through several cycles), and when the little compartment opens to scoop the waste into, it releases an ungodly odor. The disposable waste containers are flimsy and wobbly and tend to open when you remove them from the box to throw away. Contrary to instruction manual info, the unit does not stop operating when a cat jumps into the box. My cats seemed to be able to finally get out of the way of the relentless rake just fine, but they are young and spry. What about an older frail cat? Seems dangerous. Lastly, as if these complaints aren't enough, the area for the cat to squat is small, so not too feasible for larger cats. I unplugged this mess of a machine and will use it as a plain old litter box. Or not.

LitterMaid Company Information