3.00/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Kirkland Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Kirkland Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 7, 2019

It's quality and affordable. I have 2 dogs so it's nice to buy one big bag. I only have to buy a bag every few months. My dogs seem to like it.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My dogs like this food so that is main consideration. I have heard good things about it nutritionally speaking. I get the small breed kibble and can feed all of my different sized dogs the same food.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Changed to this brand several years ago and could not believe the difference it made for our dogs. Their coats became better, disposition improved as they seemed much happier all the time, they had more energy, and their fecal matter was noticeably in better condition.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I'd been feeding my dogs Kirkland dry dog food for a year or two. Loved the price and the grain free choices. Both of my dogs, began smelling bad this past winter. And they spend a lot of times swimming in the river and playing outside. Even after shampoos the smell wouldn't go away, it oozed out of their bodies and made my house smell bad. I went back to a more expensive brand I'd used before and the stench left their bodies. Now my worst problem is wet dog smell. Don't think I'll go back to Kirkland, although it will cost me a lot more.

Original review: March 31, 2019

After years of buying this product with my dog eating it happily, something changed in the formulation of the canned Nature's Domain Organic Chicken with Vegetables for Dogs. The first thing I noticed was that the contents poured out rather than requiring a utensil to remove it. What's of concern is that my non-fussy dog took a few bites and has since refused to eat it. I thought it might be just a can or two, but he hasn't touched any from the same case. My cats would try to get to his food before, but sniffed at it and didn't touch it either. I trust their instinct, and if 3 of them responded in the same way, I trust their instinct.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?

Original review: March 29, 2019

Both of my German Shepherds have been eating this dog food for the last 41/2 to 5 years without an issue. Within the last few weeks my male dog threw up and refused food for four days. I went to the vet and they put him on a wet food. He ate for a few days. I slowly incorporated his dry food back into his diet by mixing the food. He ate it, threw up, had diarrhea, and refused food again for 3-4 days. I have him back on the wet food. My female gained a considerable amount of weight and has been breathing unusually hard over the same two weeks my male has been ill. Nothing has changed in their diet or their environment. I would like to echo what others have said in the most recent reviews here. Something is definitely wrong!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Been feeding this same food for over a year, now the latest bag the dog ate one meal from it and became sick, will not touch it now. I can't smell anything different with the food, but there is something very wrong with it. He will eat anything but that food.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I am perplexed why, apparently, only the bad experiences show up here. For 15 years our Schnauzer ate Kirkland Mature Dog with fine results. Now, our three-year-old Schnauzer recently switched from that to the salmon/sweet potato and the results are very pleasing. Costco has not disappointed, again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We have feed both our German Shepherds Nature’s Domain (red bag) food for years with no problems. Last week my female started getting sick so I decided to switch her food and see if that helped. I left the male on it since he was not experiencing any problems and now he is so sick as well! Something is most definitely going on with this dog food as I’m finding similar reviews from people that are experiencing similar situations!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have bought Kirkland brand dog food for years, no problems. But this specific food is suddenly making my dogs throw up and have diarrhea - seriously sick. I have 4 dogs, 3 mutts, 1 poodle, it is definitely this variety of Kirkland food, not something else. When I switched them to the regular green sack of Kirkland, vomiting and diarrhea ended.

Kirkland Pet Foods Company Information