2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Kirkland Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

We happened to get one dog checked for problems, including tests. It turned out that this dog had crystals. That vet told us that about a year ago the Costco dog food formula had changed and she was seeing a lot more dogs with crystal problems that ate Costco dog food. The other five dogs go to a different vet at a different location. We had them checked by the second and guess what, they also had crystals. After we switched temporarily to some hideously expensive Royal Canin food, all dogs are crystal free. The vet bills and related food costs to resolve this problem ran into the hundreds of dollars, but it is far better than dealing with health problems caused by crystals and the possibly required operations if the problem had gone on.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Easy to find and get at Costco. Lasts a long time. My dogs don’t really like it but they will eat it if I add broth or cheese to it. Bags are made of paper so they are recyclable. Ingredients could be better however they are better than most on the market.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I had been feeding my Rottweiler American Journey limited ingredient dog food for almost a year. I noticed that the Costco brand was much cheaper so I decided to give it a try. My dog started scratching a lot, but I didn't think much of it. When I started to notice that he continued to scratch himself a lot and was licking himself a lot I thought it was seasonal allergies. I got him a bunch of stuff for allergies and it didn't seem to be getting better. He had a lot of scabbing, hair loss, and he was scratching himself to bleeding point. I thought it might be the food. So I found this site in which many other pet owners are reporting the same type of problem. I'm returning the food and switching him back to his old food.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We have been using Costco’s Nature’s Domain dog food for over 15 years. I have Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and my daughter has a Chihuahua and a small Terrier. My old girl passed away 3 years ago and she was 14 and very healthy to her last days. We use the grain free salmon. All the dogs have great coats, awesome teeth, they don’t fart, they are active and very healthy. People comment how soft their coats are. The vets are amazed how healthy they are. I wouldn’t feed anything else.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Switched to Kirkland's adult dog food for healthy weight. My dogs' weight stabilized and they are very happy and active. They are mid-sized dogs and the kibble size is perfect. They are fed with a continuous auto feeder, so it was the dog food that made the difference.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been purchasing Kirkland dog food for years. My dogs have always been very healthy, no upset stomachs, no problems. It is easy to get and inexpensive and works. Plus, my dogs love it and eat it all up.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Value for money in terms of quality and quantity! Unlike other brands, Kirkland keeps our dog fit and healthy. Our dog who is little over 10 years old has great metabolism for his age. Thanks to the Kirkland food.

Original review: April 13, 2019

For the first time, my dog eat the food right away, and trying new dog food, she would always get sick, but when she started on this dog food, she did not get sick.

Original review: April 12, 2019

First ingredients are meat. Kirkland Pet Foods is a high quality food and the price is reasonable. It’s in a class of premium foods but at a discount.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Our lab/pit mix was very picky. I tried everything from raw to cooked meals to other kibbles. He was fed this brand at the rescue so I decided to try it. He now eats at every feeding time and his coat looks beautiful and feels great. Our other two dogs love it too and they look and feel better too. I love this food for our dogs.

Kirkland Pet Foods Company Information