3.00/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Kirkland Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Kirkland Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2019

I had been feeding my Rottweiler American Journey limited ingredient dog food for almost a year. I noticed that the Costco brand was much cheaper so I decided to give it a try. My dog started scratching a lot, but I didn't think much of it. When I started to notice that he continued to scratch himself a lot and was licking himself a lot I thought it was seasonal allergies. I got him a bunch of stuff for allergies and it didn't seem to be getting better. He had a lot of scabbing, hair loss, and he was scratching himself to bleeding point. I thought it might be the food. So I found this site in which many other pet owners are reporting the same type of problem. I'm returning the food and switching him back to his old food.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Switched to Kirkland's adult dog food for healthy weight. My dogs' weight stabilized and they are very happy and active. They are mid-sized dogs and the kibble size is perfect. They are fed with a continuous auto feeder, so it was the dog food that made the difference.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been purchasing Kirkland dog food for years. My dogs have always been very healthy, no upset stomachs, no problems. It is easy to get and inexpensive and works. Plus, my dogs love it and eat it all up.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Value for money in terms of quality and quantity! Unlike other brands, Kirkland keeps our dog fit and healthy. Our dog who is little over 10 years old has great metabolism for his age. Thanks to the Kirkland food.

Original review: April 13, 2019

For the first time, my dog eat the food right away, and trying new dog food, she would always get sick, but when she started on this dog food, she did not get sick.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?

Original review: April 12, 2019

First ingredients are meat. Kirkland Pet Foods is a high quality food and the price is reasonable. It’s in a class of premium foods but at a discount.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I use this food for fosters and my own pets. Cost is fair for a single protein single carbohydrates food. Costco always has the food either online or in warehouse. Nice flavor variety. Itching patchy skin along with licking much improved while using combination of treatments.

Original review: April 10, 2019

It is a good buy and meets the standards of being good for my dog! I have read the ingredients and are comparable to other more expensive named dog food. I use to use Beneful for my Blue Heeler but it has grains in it. I also use PetSmart's Authority if I happen to to a PetSmart store.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Ok so I have 3 dogs and I finally broke down and gave in and purchased the cheap stuff from Costco. BIG MISTAKE! I cannot believe how my dogs behavior changed after 3 days of eating this! He has become overall aggressive. I only have it to my corgi to try out first. He is the overweight dog. He also drank so much water!! He has never needed to drink like he did when he ate this food. I read the reviews and I am taking this back immediately. DO NOT buy the weight management dry food. He is the kindest most loving dog! And I took him on a walk and he was pulling at me to try to attack another dog. He has NEVER done that. His entire personality changed. I can’t believe that this food had that effect on him but it did!! Awful!!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have read the ingredients now and then over the years but don't truly recall them. I do however trust Costco/Kirkland to be honest about those ingredients and to not knowingly provide a less than healthy product.

Kirkland Pet Foods Company Information