2. Pets

Iams Dog Food

Iams Dog Food
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.64/5
Based on 1,148 ratings

P&G Pet Care exists to enhance the health and well being of more dogs and cats. For over fifty years, Iams has supported a team of Pet Care professionals who handle consumer questions and concerns. This team, which includes pet nutrition experts and veterinary technicians, is thoroughly trained on our products, the science behind them and general pet nutrition.

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Iams Dog Food Reviews

Original review: April 26, 2019

I started feeding my dog Iams Lamb and Rice only because I couldn't afford the regular brand of food I normally get. So I thought I picked the next best option. Within a week of feeding my GSD the food, his eyes became red and swollen and were discharging white pus. He was pacing. My lab was losing weight. Three weeks in and I'm calling the Doc about my GSD eye and some bleeding. Still I didn't put the two things together. Iams and potential problems.

Week four and I picked up a different brand of food. I cooked a home cooked diet also for my dogs. WHAT Happened? Eyes started getting better. Lab started putting weight back on. AHHA! Now it's making sense… I stopped completely. So, without the possiblity of being able to have the Iams food tested, I'm gonna assume that something bad was in the mix. And I won't be using that product again.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have had dogs for at least 40 years. I’ve always used Iams and have never had to see a vet for any reason but routine care. My dogs have always liked the flavor and I have never had to supplement it with any wet food. My local food store carries it and is very price competitive with dog food chains. I realize no grain food is popular, but I believe it is not the best choice.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The dog likes the food, though he doesn't gobble it. It seems to give him enough energy and he looks healthy. His coat is shiny and his teeth are white. The quality seems to be perfect for the price.

Original review: April 12, 2019

11 yrs ago our vet recommend changing from Purina due to the fact it was full of fillers which made the dogs defecate several times a day. Iams also has made it easier to control weight better than the previous brand.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We have been using Iams brand for years now. There has been several times I would buy something else just because of commercial or packaging and thought it might be fun for him try. NOPE and No way would he have it. We always went right back to Iams. More importantly, the quality of ingredients are exceptional. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Pet Foods?

Original review: April 9, 2019

We've always fed Iams to our active Border Collies and they have always done well. They certainly have seemed to enjoy eating it, i.e. it is very palatable. Our impression is that Iams is a high-quality dog food.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Dogs do well on it. Never had a problem. They have gotten ill on other well known brands. Food is available at many places which is good when we are on vacation. Stools are well formed and never any upset stomach issues.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Iams Dog Food comes in several flavors for different stages of growth and health of your canine. If switching from one type to another it is best to mix them from the original to the new flavor, gradually increasing the new flavor until the old one is replaced. There have been no digestive issues with multiple dogs or breeds and we have had purebreds and mixed breeds.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My dog started to dislike canned dog food so I tried IAMS and he has been very happy with it for the past four years. He does not have any problems digesting his food and he is always eager to eat.

Original review: March 27, 2019

For the cost of this food it is reprehensible what they use for ingredients. Meat of some kind should be the main ingredient especially when it comes to weight management. Please make sure to take a look at the first few ingredients of the food you're feeding to your pets. If it is all corn or fillers, move on as it's just not worth it.

Iams Dog Food Company Information