Iams Dog Food
3.72/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Iams Dog Food

P&G Pet Care exists to enhance the health and well being of more dogs and cats. For over fifty years, Iams has supported a team of Pet Care professionals who handle consumer questions and concerns. This team, which includes pet nutrition experts and veterinary technicians, is thoroughly trained on our products, the science behind them and general pet nutrition.

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Iams Dog Food Reviews

Original review: April 3, 2019

My dog started to dislike canned dog food so I tried IAMS and he has been very happy with it for the past four years. He does not have any problems digesting his food and he is always eager to eat.

Original review: March 27, 2019

For the cost of this food it is reprehensible what they use for ingredients. Meat of some kind should be the main ingredient especially when it comes to weight management. Please make sure to take a look at the first few ingredients of the food you're feeding to your pets. If it is all corn or fillers, move on as it's just not worth it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My vet recommended I use Iams dog food, and I know why. My dog loves it and it makes her coat beautiful. I've been feeding it to her for almost three years now and I'm very happy except when it runs out at the store and I have to try another brand for a time.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I've fed Iams Proactive Health for small & toy breed for a few months. All seemed to be ok until a couple of months ago. My Chihuahua, about 16 years old, has been having looser stools and straining sometimes to go. Some stools are normal. He's had no other changes and eats heartily. I don't feed table scraps. However, the Papillon, about 8, is fine. No change in his stool and he eats well as always. So I'm going to gradually change them over to a different dry food to see if the situation clears up. I bought Iams on the advice of my vet. I give 3 stars since one is fine & 1 isn't.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I've tried so many different dog foods. It's insane. I have a 3 year old dachshund and a foster dog. My dachshund has dry itchy skin and her hair is thin and falling out, until I swapped to Iams. She has a thick full coat and her skin is better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I saw Iams on special offer and I never got it before for my 12 year old lab. I fed it to him and I noticed his poop changed consistency that night and I thought - he’s a very hardy dog but hmm maybe it’s a bit rich or something because I thought it was a fancy dog food so maybe it’s got extra vitamins and minerals or something. So I keep feeding him with it. Last night he woke me up barking needing the toilet at 4am and he whined all night (he never does that - he sleeps like me). I didn’t link this to Iams yet at that point. I didn’t have any other food so gave him a small portion in the morning.

When I got home my housemate told me he needed extra poop in the day and was barking at the door to get out. (Again he likes to poop only on two walks a day - not in middle of day) So he looked sad when I got home and didn’t wag his tail (he ALWAYS wags his tail when I come in). So at this point I googled “Iams” and found this website but only after I fed him already ??? oh my god - I see some people’s dogs died! Why is this allowed on the shelves when it is clearly contaminated!!! How do we do something??? I just bought all new dog food and sterilized his bowl and I gave him a bit of Pedigree Chum just so he would have something else in his body to soak up whatever rubbish I gave him. My poor baby - if anything happens him because I fed him this poison I will die. 12 years of love every day and he trusts me to feed him properly. What the hell. Iams need to stop selling this POISON ☠️!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

4 month old red heeler puppy. Healthy, happy energetic on diff brand puppy food. Bought Iams & initially very lethargic after eating, then 2 days of uncontrolled diarrhea - dark, unusually foul smelling. Today my puppy ate a small amount & threw up. Throw up was milky mucus covered & smelled bad. Dog refused to eat anymore. Gave him different food & he devoured it. Hopefully he will be okay now & not die like some of these dogs. Iams dog food is poisoned/contaminated. Do not give this garbage to your animal. Iams should be held accountable for marketing this poison.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I purchased the Iams Proactive puppy dog food on Tuesday, December 11, 2018. Feed it to my dog, on Wednesday morning, December 12, 2018, my dog became very lethargic/lazy. Began vomiting the dog food back up. It was brown with slimy white milky substance, very foul odor. Rushed him to the vet, where he died. I am sure it was the food, that killed my dog. Please don't feed your pet this food.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I have an 11-week old Bernese mountain dog and she had been on this food for about 3 weeks. This past week she has had uncontrollable diarrhea that was tarry, smelled horrible, and was very dark brown probably because of blood. Started feeding her rice and chicken and her stool started to get firmer and lighter. So, we feed her more of the Iams proactive puppy and within an hour her stool because tarry, smelly, and very dark again. I will never feed my dog this again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Fed new dog Iams June ‘18-Severe diarrhea and vomiting 3 days -- Got a new dog (rescue) at the end of May, and upon the recommendation from my vet decided to put him on Iams. This sweet boy is part husky and part golden retriever and was 13 months old at the time (May). He spent his whole life chained outside to a large propane tank... He was used to eating everything and anything. Sometimes he got scraps, sometimes he got dog food, sometimes he got nothing. So pretty much, he had a stomach that could handle just about anything. We realize very quickly that it was the Iams that did it... not to mention the fact that he wouldn’t even touch it. Now here we are in early December 2018, and he is doing great A different high-quality brand.

Iams Dog Food Company Information