Iams Dog Food
3.74/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Iams Dog Food

P&G Pet Care exists to enhance the health and well being of more dogs and cats. For over fifty years, Iams has supported a team of Pet Care professionals who handle consumer questions and concerns. This team, which includes pet nutrition experts and veterinary technicians, is thoroughly trained on our products, the science behind them and general pet nutrition.

794 Iams Dog Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2018

I opened a new bag of Iams Minichunks dry dog food this morning and after eating just 1/3 cup of it my dog has vomited five times in the past few hours. What is going on? It has to be something in the food. She has never vomited in the whole two years we've had her. I began looking on-line for reviews and recalls on Iams foods. I'm amazed! Here I'm finding all kinds of recent reviews concerning this food and sick dogs. What is in this food? I will never feed her Iams again. I just hope I caught it soon enough.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My dog suddenly started getting sick at the end of March... We usually don’t buy Iams, but we bought a small bag due to store being out of his normal dog food, and over $1000 in vet bills. I am sorry I did. My dog started limping and developed swelling on his leg and diarrhea - after x-rays, blood work, and 3 vet visits we have narrowed it down to IAMS. We actually thought maybe it was our regular dog food, so we threw that out and bought IAMS again (at the time we hadn’t put two and two together because he had such a small amount before - and it completely slipped my mind he had even ate IAMS before he was sick). He finally started eating again (had him on chicken and rice) and was seeming to be getting better so we mixed his soft food along with IAMS and he is back to how he was before the $1000 vet bill. Something is clearly wrong with this food and I hope I can find out what that is with testing of the actual food.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My 8 year old lab Bodie died yesterday morning unexpectedly. 2 weeks ago he was healthy and today he is no longer with us. We recently purchased Iams dog food because we thought we were upgrading his food. Little did we know we purchased food that we feel caused his death. He began having leg weakness one day to where he could hardly walk. Days later we noticed him being lethargic followed with vomiting and diarrhea. He got to the point where he would not touch his dog food. Took him to the vet this past Tuesday. He was running a fever, had severely low blood counts and an enlarged spleen. We let the vet keep Bodie overnight to monitor him. He stayed with the vet Wed. Night as well.

Got a call early Thursday morning that our beloved Bodie died. I couldn't understand why or how. Decided to google if Iams caused spleen issues, which led me to this website. I am sick to my stomach with all the reviews of Iams dog food. It disgusts me that there has been NO recall! I have thrown out the remaining Iams that I had and pray that my other dogs do not get sick. I plan to take them for routine bloodwork to make sure they were not affected by this toxic brand. Please do not feed your pets IAMS!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

The Iams Dry Chicken Puppy Food gave our female Shepherd mix diarrhea and throwing up. Gave her stomach problems that made us take her to her veterinarian who had no idea what was wrong with this very healthy puppy. My wife and I changed Bailey’s food to Purina Beef Puppy Chow and things have never been better. Screw Iams Dog Food, it makes dog sick.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Iams Proactive Health - Large Breed - My black lab has experienced most of the symptoms that others have wrote about here -- vomiting & bloody diarrhea. The vet said it was caused by both an Upper & Lower GI Infection. She was seen by the vet on March 30, 2018. Stopped food, gave bland diet of boiled chicken & white rice plus oatmeal for a binder (per her vet) plus a handful of meds. Took her 10 days to recoup! Monday, April 9, 2018, we reintroduces the Iams & on Weds, April 11, 2018 the vomiting returned that morning & the bloody stools returned. I stopped the Iams on Weds. Started her back on the bland diet & the vet recommended we stay with that for a few days & then slowly introduce Science Diet. I contacted Mars Pet Care (the maker of Iams) on April 12, 2018. They are only offering a refund of the cost of the food, no mention of our 214$ vet bill. Today, April 13, 2018 I filed a complaint with the FDA!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Pet Foods?

Original review: April 13, 2018

We have a 4 month old Great Pyrenees puppy that has had terrible smelling poop. Just recently she started having loose stools and they have gotten worse. She is having diarrhea throughout my whole house. She has been on this Large Breed Puppy Food for about 2 months and things just started to get worse with her digestive track. She is going to the vet tomorrow morning. I have noticed several dog parents describing similar experiences. I thought I was feeding my puppy a good food, apparently I was mistaken. This company needs to be investigated as to why so many dogs are becoming sick. If there was a recall on this food, stores should not have it on their shelves and selling the product.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased a bag of Iams lamb and rice dog food about a week ago. Within hours my dog began vomiting and was very restless. This went on for three days before I checked online and saw many reviews of others having the same experience. I stopped feeding the Iams to my dog and he was better by the next day. I will never buy this brand again.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Our dog nearly died while on a diet of Iams Dog Food. She was four years old and positively on the verge of death after three days of intestinal upset, lethargy, and ultimately, the inability to wake up. She was diagnosed with Salmonella poisoning. We were more than confused considering there was no way she could have gotten hold of anything with Salmonella. She was put on antibiotics and got better, but each time she finished her medicine, she rapidly declined. She began limping, but X-rays showed that she had no injuries.

After three months of being on and off antibiotics, each time getting better and then declining when the medicine was complete, and after thousands of dollars and countless tests, the veterinary hospital sent a new series of blood tests to an external lab. They discovered that she had a staph infection somewhere inside of her body. Zeroing in on her leg and foot, on which she continued to limp, a staff infection was discovered in several of her toes, and they had to be amputated. About this same time, I heard on the news that Iams was being recalled due to Salmonella contamination. The vet confirmed that the dog food was most likely the cause of the original diagnosis, which led to a suppressed immune system, thus leading to the staph infection.

Two years later, at the age of six, she was diagnosed with a type of heart condition that is commonly caused by a prior infection that traveled through the bloodstream to her heart. The canine cardiologist said that the series of events she suffered two years before were more than likely the cause of the heart condition. Misty is now on two different heart medications. She seems to be a happy, healthy dog, but the cardiologist says that she can have a fatal heart attack at any moment.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Started our 13yr old English Springer Spaniel on the green bag. Not even in two weeks he had horrible gas and the past 2 days he has had the worst diarrhea. Literally crapping himself. He has been itching at his ears, pacing and doesn't seem to get enough water. Heavy panting. I feel awful for him. He had a clean bill of health a couple months ago. I made him homemade dog food and trashed the bag of Iams. Awful, awful. Now I will slowly add his other dog food in with the homemade. This company should be out of business.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have been feeling my four dogs Iams dry dog food for 5 to 6 years. I give three of them Iams senior plus dry dog food and one Iams proactive dry dog food. I bought a brand new bag last Friday and proceeded to feed my dogs. Within hours, one dog had diarrhea all over the entire house. We were gone and came home to this. It was unbelievable that one dog could’ve done what she did. Immediately started feeding her a bland homemade diet & things settled down. I had no idea at that point that it was the food, I just assumed she’d gotten into something. All of my dogs are primarily indoor dogs and are outside on occasion. The chances of her getting into something would’ve been minimal. The other three dogs seemed to be fine. She was fine for two days until by accident my son fed her the dry dog food again unbeknownst to me. Sure enough in the wee hours of the morning, again diarrhea all over the house.

Long story short, I ended up taking her to the vet first thing Monday morning and all of her bloodwork was normal. Her stool sample Showed high levels of bacteria. They gave her a shot and put her on an antibiotic and she has recovered nicely. I started questioning whether it was the food but didn’t really say anything to my vet about the food. My vet bill was $245. I had my carpeting cleaned the next day to the tune of $350. In the wee hours of that next day, my larger dog who is three times as big as the first dog had diarrhea on my clean carpet.

The vet said it definitely was the food & to discontinue that food with all of my dogs and to take the food back. Not only did I take the food back to where I purchased it but I called Iams customer service number. They seemed very concerned and somebody was supposed to call me back to get my vet information but I still have not heard back from them and it’s been four days. I’m very disappointed in Iams but after reviewing dry dog foods I see that they are really not even on the list of preferred dry dog food anymore. Apparently their quality has gone downhill. I have chosen to take my other dog off of the Iams proactive as well. I am feeding all of my dogs homemade meals right now until I can decide which dry dog food to purchase. Beware of Iams dog food right now!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Our 20 month old dog started on a new green bag of IAMS proactive health mini chunks. Let me tell you, there's nothing healthy about it. I noticed her stools becoming very soft and she was going to the bathroom a lot on our walks. Then, diarrhea started and accidents. She also had been turning her nose up at the food, but we thought she wanted rice or something mixed in. She was smarter than we were, but finally, after she got worse...and after carpet cleaning, vet bill, lost work time, medicine, special diet and food we realized it had to be the dog food. Her samples came back negative for anything else. Reading these other accounts, I see we are not alone. At least our dog survived thank heavens and my heart goes out to those who lost their pets. There should be a class-action case against the company that makes IAMS.

I cannot find an address on the MARS website but I will be sending their legal dept a stern letter and invoices, copying the FDA and possibly the TODAY show and other media. There needs to be a recall and a case brought against them. I did find a media number within US: Denise Young at 1-973-691-3536 and Leslie Brams-Baker at 1-905-857-5780 in Canada. I can see why they hide their other contact info and choose to use an email form only! I will never trust this company again for pet care.

Original review: April 4, 2018

After feeding my pets IAMS chicken mini chunks for years... my silky terrier has started to have diarrhea, bloody and dark. After 3 three visits to the vet and stool samples and exams, determined it's the dog food we are feeding. It appears that Iams has changed their formula according to other posts I've read... Is this true?

Original review: April 2, 2018

After multiple trips to the vet I have figured out it was the dog food. I was feeding her Iams beef and rice (red bag) and she was sick for 9 days even after the vet visits with the meds and shots they gave her. They did x-rays and blood work couldn't find nothing. Well I was feeding her chicken and rice for 3 days and her poop was solid. Well I put not even a palm full of her dry food mixed into her chicken and rice and instantly was she sick with pure diarrhea and gas. I called a rep for Iams and told them what's going on so they can figure whatever they are doing out. I'm done with Iams after this...

Original review: March 29, 2018

We've been feeding our dogs the Iams Lamb & Rice (Red Bag) formula dog food for years and have been happy with the product UNTIL the middle of last year when Iams made an unannounced change to their formula. We originally switched to Iams because of a sensitivity to corn. Our veterinarian recommended switching to lamb & rice to cure a variety of skin problems our dogs were exhibiting. Over the past several months the skin (and other more serious) issues have returned. Dandruff, scaly patches of skin, balding patches on ears, incessant panting, increased flatulence, bad breath, wheezing, one dog even exhibiting signs of dementia with two visits to the veterinarian. It's taken us a long time to figure out why. Nothing changed except their diet.

By accident we've discovered that the unannounced formula change now shows lamb and brown rice as the fifth and sixth ingredients on the packaging, topped by Chicken and Corn. We noticed no other change to the packaging except the ingredients list which, whoever reads that when using a trusted product which has worked for years. NO MORE IAMS in this house.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I started feeding my dog Iams dog food about 2 years and 6 months ago and he has done well I think until last week when my dog started throwing up every time he would eat it. Well he wouldn't even get it digested good and he would throw it up. I started to think back for a while and I know that every time he would eat he would always go outside to eat grass like something was bothering him. I never thought about it until now that my dog is sick.

I took him to the vet and did x rays and it looks like a string is in his intestines so he stayed all day getting fluids to try to flush his system. He came home and I gave him chicken and rice for 3 days and he was doing better. Yesterday I decided to give him his Iams food again and he didn't even get it down and he threw it up. I decided to examine it and I found what looked to be little pieces of sticks in it and my dog hasn't been outside to eat sticks. I stop the food and started him back on his chicken and rice. I also wanted to say that also he would rub his face a lot like it bothered him. I will not give my babies this food anymore. I too bought mine from Walmart here in Boiling Springs South Carolina. I will keep my bag so that if they recall it I will have as proof.

Original review: March 21, 2018

We have had our 7 yr. Old retriever Iams Pro large breed in the green bag her entire life. In December I bought 2 44lb. Bags on sale at Sam's Club. The last several weeks she has been acting odd. Anxious, going out to lay on cold garage floor unable to be coaxed inside, runny nose, whimpering and twitching in her sleep, lethargy, panicking when my cell phone chimes, panting, and anxiety...all new to her. I called vet. I have been so concerned, but my appointment is several days away. Going to take her off Iams immediately and give her rice and chicken instead. I was blaming my husband for sharing treats and making her sick...he denied doing so. So glad I found this site. Hopefully she rebounds soon. P.S. She even refuses to do her most favorite activity of bringing in the morning newspaper! I AM KEEPING NEWLY OPENED BAG 2 INCASE OFFICIAL RECALL EVIDENCE NEEDED.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My Sheltie has been on IAMS dog food for at least 4 years. Recently she also has been having diarrhea and vomiting. What I would like to know is whether people are experiences these problems with the wet dog food. We serve her both wet and dry. We have switched over to Nutro wet and stopped the dry, but we have about 18 cans of Iams wet dog food that we will throw away if the problems are both from the wet and dry dog food.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I spoke to a representative at Mars. All of the reviews on Consumer Affairs website need to be forwarded to their company and call the company with all of these horrible issues we have been having with our dogs. The rep. did say they changed the formula in June 2017. My next step is to report this to the FDA and send a message to the dog food advisor website. I am not giving up on this fight. I was very blessed to find this site. It saved my little beagle Murphy's life after three days with a new dog food. He is feeling much better.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We purchased Iams Proactive Health Mini Chunks for our 13 yr old Australian Shepherd. At first we did not put it together when she started wandering around staring at walls, panting and shaking, not making eye contact, hiding in the bushes in our yard. We thought she was having some neurological issues due to her age. Suddenly one evening after her meal she began pacing and panting and leaped into our bed acting scared. This kept up for 5 nights and several vet visits racking up $1200. With every test coming back normal!

After brainstorming it occurred to me this keeps happening after her evening meal! Because during the day she would be somewhat ok. Not 100% but nothing like the night time episodes. I found this site and after reading all the comments and complaints I decided to change her food and see if it made a difference. Within 24 hours our dog was back!!! Relaxed, making eye contact and zero symptoms! So what is going on here Iams! What are they putting in our pets food! This is beyond wrong! There needs to be a investigation! The stress our family has been through during this is terrible! Our poor dog seemed as if she was dying! She must have been terrified! DO NOT FEED THIS TO YOUR PETS!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I am posting this review to help others. After reading the reviews, when fighting to keep my babies well, the alarm went off to research more. I am gathering information for a possible Class Action Suit. In the meantime, I've contacted Mars Petcare and they think reimbursing me for a bag of dog food, I will forget my situation and they weren't at all concerned of my vet bill, of approximately $2000 or a little more. I won't cash the check, as that would close my case number with them. After further research, I am seeing more and more issues of Iams and hearing more through others, friends of friends. We have narrowed the illness of our babies down to the dog food. Two labs have now contacted me, via telephone and email, that we do have a issue here. Feel free to contact me, if you care to join my journey to recovery.

This is my copy and pasted documentation: We’ve been feeding Iams for a while now. In September, 2017, I had purchased a bag of Iams from the WalMart store in LaGrande, Oregon, September 2017, and noticed problems following this bag of food to begin with, but didn’t think it was the dog food. On October 19th, 2017, Matilda had weird seizures and threw up a lot, but finally calmed down with soft foods. She threw up a lot of water also and bile. On November 15th, 2017 Agatha did some throw-up and didn’t want to jump up or run very well. I kept working with her and she kinda came out of it. She stopped eating the Iams completely. I had to feed her boiled chicken and rice. Water intake was huge.

In November 15th, 2017 Walmart Order #**, (have bag still, waiting for Lab results, with all info dates on bag) received November 20th, 2017, Iams Proactive Health Adult Mini Chunks Dry Dog Food 40 Pounds, $37.73. December 2017, noticed both Toy Aussies, Agatha and Rosetta had not been eating as much as usual and turned their nose up at the food immediately, when dish was stirred. Matilda backed off also, but did eat some on occasion and gained a lot of weight throughout January 2018. January 27th, 2018, Agatha was off again, such as she was before. She threw up all food intake and water intake. She drank like she couldn’t get enough fluids.

Late evening, she went into seizures. The seizures were 15 to 30 seconds apart, for 4 ½ hrs. Ended up at Vets office at midnight. Vet documented. February 4th, she continued with little seizures and finally things calmed down with seizure meds, but not 100%. February 12th, 2018, Rosetta became off, just like Agatha did, but more severe. Threw up everything, lots of bile. Would drink water and throw it right back up in less than a minute. Called Vet on call. He suggested to only let her have little amounts of water and once again boiled chicken and cooked rice. She got better and it stopped. February 24th, 2018 it started all over again. All the above repeated again. This time, it didn’t go away. Rushed her to the Vet February 26th, 2018. Ended up doing Emergency soft tissue surgery. Video is available upon request.

February 12th, 2018 started new dog food, as everything we had investigated, pointed back to the Iams dog food. Ended up prior to this, feeding only boiled chicken and cooked rice. March 6, 2018 Agatha ended up having Soft Tissue Surgery. Hers was less severe than Rosetta’s. Picture of proof upon request. March 6, 2018 Matilda starting throwing up food and water to. I rushed her in to be examined. Stomach lining was irritated, even though she was on new food. Calmed stomach down, by not feeding her for 24 hrs. Started with soft food and sensitive Hills Science Diet dry food. Knock on wood, all okay for now. This is very disturbing, that Mars Petcare won't even listen to the customer! I want to help make a difference for the health of everyone's fur babies!

Original review: March 5, 2018

If I could give Iams no stars I would. I have always bought Iams with all my dogs and Never once did I have issues up till about a year ago. My dogs started having stomach issues, I was in denial it was the dog food. We had just moved to an apartment so thought it was something else. We quit giving dog treats thinking it was that as well. After months trying to figure out what it could be we switched foods for our fur babies. I don't know what Iams changed their ingredients to, but My dogs had severe stomach issues! Vomiting and diarrhea. My poor babies were so miserable. After taking them to the vet when they didn't get better the vet said a lot of her clients that gave Iams to their fur babies complained of the same issues!! I am so upset that I didn't switch sooner when I suspected something but I TRUSTED this brand that my dogs were getting a good quality dog food!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Thank goodness for this blog as without it, I would not have been able to diagnose my dog. 15# Coton started having seizures. Healthy otherwise and only 3.5 years old. After googling seizure or sickness and dog food all of these detailed stories helped me save our dog. Within 12 hours of discontinuing Iams mini chunks green bag (bought from Target 1/2018 and opened 2/15) my dog was no longer having 3 full-on seizures per day (for 3 days). The vet would not listen to my story about this blog and diagnosed him with epilepsy and prescribed medicine).

I had blood drawn and everything was normal except for high liver enzymes. I said to vet “couldn’t poisoned dog food cause high liver enzymes”. Vet said yes but she really thought he also had early liver disease. What the heck! Needless to say I walked out of there, no medication and told vet, “I’m going to continue to observe our dog with the new food.” My dog is now seizure free and is back to normal. DO not buy IAMS! And maybe don’t listen to your vet either. Mama knows best.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have fed my dog Iams (Green Bag Mini chunks) for the past 2 years. I've noticed when opening a new bag my dog may have some digestive issues. This week 2-25-18 I purchased a large bag at Stater Bros in Anaheim Ca. My dog has for 1.5 days had terrible Diarrhea and today has thrown up 3 times. My dog is very withdrawn. I can tell does not feel well at all. Upon review of this site I find this to be very common and seems I need to take my dog to the vet for treatment. I will be discontinuing use of Iams. What is Iams doing about this issue? I am seeing multiple issues stated for Feb. 2018. This has to be some kind of bad food. This is not normal.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I am astonished there has not been a massive recall and my only guess as to why is that they are willing to take the cost of the lack of lawsuits versus the cost of the recall. THIS FOOD WILL KILL YOUR PET. I bought the IAMS smart puppy large breed yellow bag and my dog quickly became ill throwing up and diarrhea at the same time and it has continued for four days. He is seeing the vet this week and I am extremely disgusted with IAMS as a company at this point. My carpets are ruined, my vet bills will probably be astronomical and that is still nothing compared to the health risks my baby pup is facing right now. I will be contacting them and seeking a lawsuit.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

A few weeks ago we switched our puppy's food from Beneful to IAMS because Walmart was out of the Beneful and we figured IAMS was a good brand. Well at first he loved the food, but after a few days he refused to eat it as if he didn't like the taste. He would eventually eat his food but he wasn't eating nearly as much as he normally would. Well the last 3 days he has been vomiting and has had bad diarrhea. I took him to the vet and they diagnosed him with gastroenteritis and said it could be because we switched brands of food. Well after reading the reviews here I am now terrified. I've already spent 155 dollars we didn't have and now I'm worried he will have to go back. I am currently watching him and trying to get him to at least drink water. If he gets better he will not eat this brand of food ever again! I hope they can figure out what is causing this because obviously there is a very serious problem here.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My 14 year old Beagle has been eating IAMS his whole life. Suddenly in December he became very ill. My story is just like all of the ones on this site. I am so thankful my friend sent me this link. My dog will no longer be getting IAMS. And I have a full unopened bag at home going in the trash. He was given I/D brand food because of his pancreatitis. Then I switched him back to IAMS. He has not been eating much at all since then. Turns his nose up at it. I have to add wet food to get him to eat. Can’t believe I have been forcing my dog to eat poison!!! He actually ate 4-5 cups of IAMS which gave him the pancreatitis. Now I know it wasn’t the overeating but the food itself. He has still been very sick, drinking profusely, and having accidents in the house. He was on an antibiotic for over a month so maybe that kept him alive. I just cannot believe this food is still on the market. Please post on social media as I have done!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We have been feeding our Brittany Spaniel IAMS mini chunks (green bag) for about a year. In January after buying a new bag of food our dog had an episode of vomiting and diarrhea which smelled atrocious. We had to dispose of bedding and deep clean the room to remove the smell. Since then I've noticed he has been eating grass more than usual.

Last Friday, I purchased two new bags of the same food and my dog initially turned his nose up at the food in the morning and didn't want to eat it. He never usually rejects his food but I didn't think much of it at the time and didn't offer him an alternative or take it away so he later ate it. When I came home from work, my dog had had vomiting and diarrhea again. He was very out of sorts, wouldn't eat and at one point his hind legs were shaky. I called the vet and got some advice which I followed.

It's now Sunday and he's still off his food and having diarrhea. I believe my dog could tell the food was not good hence his initial rejection of it. He never rejects his food normally. I have concluded that the food is causing his illness and will not be giving him IAMS again. I am very thankful to those people who have written reviews sharing their similar experiences and concerns which helped me reach the decision to stop the IAMS, hopefully before any serious issues have been caused. Hoping all pooches will get well soon and so sorry to hear of some of the losses here.

I will be contacting IAMS with my concerns also. I am only giving one star because there is no option for zero stars. I find it incredible and irresponsible that no recall has been issued by IAMS in light of the seriousness of these reports. If you are reading this and have similar concerns, please take the time to post a review and document your experience here as it might help ensure no harmful product gets to the shelves.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I tried IAMS for small breed and noticed my dog started to have skin sores and lesions almost immediately. After reading these other comments from people having issues, I'm switching her to another brand immediately. You can see in the photo below where she has a fresh lesion.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have not been able to explain the increased flatulence the last month in my dogs, as well as my older dog lethargic and wheezing as if sick, and the younger dog randomly throwing up and licking excessively. My dogs had check ups last summer and were in fine health. We have use Iams for a long time with no trouble in our other dogs so far but I have begun to wonder if Iams had created a new recipe, ruling out any other new things. After finding the complaints here about Iams I feel it must be the logical suspect and particularly because symptoms described here are very similar to what I am observing in my dogs.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We had used Iams for over 10 years, on our Chow mix, our Chihuahua, and our Lab. In 2009 our Chow mix was diagnosed with melanoma cancer. Although we had the tumor removed, the cancer returned and we had to put him down in 2010. We had given our Lab to our daughter and her husband, who continued to feed her Iams. Two years ago, she was diagnosed with cancer after numerous mast cell tumors were removed from one of her legs. Two surgeries later to remove more tumors, and the cancer has returned with a vengeance, and they are just playing the waiting game until the dog begins to show signs of pain and needs to be put down.

In November of 2016, a tumor appeared on our Chihuahua, which was biopsied and also turned out to be cancerous and was inoperable. We put her down in May, 2017. Now tumors have appeared in my son's Lab/Rottweiler mix, who was also fed Iams her entire life, although he has not had a biopsy done yet to determine if the tumors are cancerous. One of his other dogs, however, was losing hair, and once the dog was transitioned off Iams and onto a different food, his hair has grown back. I am not saying that Iams dog food was the cause of the cancer in 3 dogs, possibly 4, within our immediate family, but it was too much of a coincidence for us to continue feeding this food to our dogs that we love so dearly.

Iams Dog Food Company Information