2. Pets

Iams Dog Food

Iams Dog Food
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.64/5
Based on 1,148 ratings

P&G Pet Care exists to enhance the health and well being of more dogs and cats. For over fifty years, Iams has supported a team of Pet Care professionals who handle consumer questions and concerns. This team, which includes pet nutrition experts and veterinary technicians, is thoroughly trained on our products, the science behind them and general pet nutrition.

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Iams Dog Food Reviews

Original review: July 20, 2014

I had recently switched to Eukanuba by Iams last month thinking that I was feeding my dog a better food (since he is part of my family). I had been feeding him Pedigree. It has been almost 2 months now and there is still plenty of Eukanuba left. I have a Chocolate Lab that LOVES TO EAT. He was at a very healthy weight. Since switching to this horrible food my once lively dog has become very lethargic and not eating and has developed a very bad odor, his urine smells very bad and his stool also smells very bad (worse than usual). I bought the large bag due to the fact he is a large dog.

After nearly 2 months I have more than half of it left and since reading the reviews on here. Today I have stopped feeding this food to my dogs and went and bought a bag of Pedigree and they went crazy and ate almost a whole bowl the second I poured it. I WILL NEVER AGAIN PURCHASE THIS DOG SICKENING/ KILLING FOOD.

Original review: July 15, 2014

I have fed my dogs Iams for over 18 years. This last bag my 2 year old dog has started vomiting and has bloody diarrhea. My son had his dog hospitalized last week with the same symptoms. She also eats Iams. I did call Iams and was told there was no recall even though the FDA gov website says there is. Wanted to know if anyone else has suddenly experienced these problems.

Original review: July 13, 2014

I bought Iams for the first time and thought I'd try it out. After 1 week of eating it, my dog has nasty diarrhea. At first I thought it was a bug so I contacted the vet and did what was told of me. I fed her rice and gave her water after 24 hours and when she started acting normal again, I thought it had passed. I fed her some of the Iams food since she seemed ok again, but then she erupted diarrhea and started vomiting. No food has ever done this to her except this nasty brand. This company should be shut down. The stress it has put my dog and my family under is too much. For me to take her to the vet it cost us over $200.00. And they found nothing. I'm putting her back on her old diet. Seeing her in pain was too much for me. Shame on this company.

Dear Dave,

I work for Iams and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams diet. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: July 4, 2014

I had been buying my cat the 2.9 lb size of Iams Active Health Indoor Weight Cat food since she turned a year old and we transitioned her from the Iams Kitten Food. She has been healthy and happy and will turn two in Aug. 2014. I buy her Iams at Wal-Mart, and was very unhappy today to pick up the small bag (usually $4.99) and find that just since last week it is now the same price as the larger size, @ $6.47. I found a clerk and demanded an explanation but was only told that all the prices are changing. Just wondering what's up, if this is not a mistake by the store or if I may have to consider switching her on to a more affordable food.

Hello Mary,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams product. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: June 23, 2014

We have a 5 year old female puggle. A couple years ago, our vet mentioned she was a little overweight and recommended IAMS weight control food for her. Now, after 2 years on this food, 3/4 cup twice a day supplemented with green beans, she has almost doubled in weight to almost 50 lbs. The poor thing can barely walk. I thought this food was to assist in weight control and drop weight. Apparently, with all the added cornmeal and other junk in this food it is doing the exact opposite. Don't give her table scraps or a lot of dog snacks and she goes for walks daily. Looks like I will need another brand and hope she doesn't have anything seriously medically wrong because of this. Thanks

Dear Scott,

I’m sorry to hear of the challenges your pet has experienced while using the Iams Weight Control. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Pet Foods?

Original review: June 22, 2014

I have three dogs my vet recommended I start giving Lamb and Rice formula to, so I picked Iams. That was about three months ago I began feed them your product. Since then the last 2 big bags of food I bought, they have been vomiting and having diarrhea. That has been over the last 2 weeks. Something is seriously wrong with your food. I thought they had parvo due to their symptoms but they have all been vaccinated. It was not that, it is your food. I'm very upset that I trusted your products for my dogs to get extremely sick.

Dear Angela,

I work for the Iams Company and appreciate you taking the time to post. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would like to speak with you. We take all concerns very seriously and our team documents every call that comes into our center. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: June 21, 2014

Since IAMS has made the natural bags Dog food, the 12 lbs cost the same as the regular bag 15-17 lbs. Now the bag has just 9 lbs same price. 24 lb cost 30 bucks. Bag just went to 17 lbs for 30 bucks same label, but the company didn't think anyone I give everyone would notice. Nothing special, but keep making the bags smaller and smaller. In a matter of months, not year.

Dear Shawndra,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your concerns. We are happy to speak with you about this and any other questions you may have. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: June 18, 2014

Our 2 goldens have been raised on Iams. They now get the senior formula. We decided to have them try the "all natural" chicken & veggies kind. They have never turned down food in any way. They started getting sick and lethargic on this and refuse to eat it. They actually started whining... Something is wrong with your food!!!! We are now in the process of switching brands after 11 years. Send out a recall!!!

Dear Bill,

I work for the Iams Company and appreciate you taking the time to post. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience with the Iams diet. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would like to speak with you. We take all concerns very seriously. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: June 14, 2014

I have been feeding my 4 dogs IAMS mini chunks for the past few years with no problems at all. Within the past few weeks, they are refusing to eat it, or are very reluctant to eat, and in just the past few days they are vomiting and/or have diarrhea the past few days. I see from the other postings that others are having this same problem in the same time frame. Why hasn't IAMS addressed this or issued a recall?

Clearly there is something wrong with their food! They need to let the public know what is going on so more dogs do not get sick. I feel horrible for feeding my dogs food that is making them ill. Instead of the canned response that IAMS gives to the commentators to simply call them, why not publicly state to those of us who bought your product and are feeding our dogs food that is making them sick exactly what the problem is, thank you.

Dear Patricia,

I’m sorry to sound so repetitive in my responses. The best way we can help you, is to speak with you. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: June 13, 2014

Both of my dogs became sick and experienced diarrhea and vomiting green bile after eating Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food. I took them off the dog food, and then they began to experience it again when I tried to put them back on it. The dog food was purchased from PetsMart, on Arroyo Grande in Las Vegas, NV. My dogs used to happily eat Iams without any problem at all. Now they will not touch it. Taking into consideration the previous recalls that I have learned about in addition to my dog's illness, I am very dissatisfied and disappointed and adamantly feel that the quality of their food has deteriorated and taken a serious dive downhill. It is sad that I can no longer trust this brand, nor recommend it to anyone.

Dear Propserityrm,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Healthy Naturals. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would like to speak with you. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: June 11, 2014

I have been feeding my two dogs Iams Sensitive Salmon Dog Food for 2yrs now but recently both have become very ill with diarrhea and vomiting. They are my babies and hate to see them sick and noticed they have been rejecting their dog food. So I searched the web to find out if there were any recalls and to my surprise I found this site with multiple complaints about the same thing and sad to see those whose dogs have died due to tainted dog food yet no recalls??? REALLY?!?! Anyone who is a dog lover understands that our dogs are like our children and finding out that these dogs have been subjected to tainted food is horrible and again I say... NO RECALL?!?

I normally don't bother with things like this but I'm extremely upset that there are so many families affected by Iams dog food and to think we are paying a good price to essential kill our dogs is outrageous to me and the generic response that follows each complaint is even worse! Hopefully our voices will be heard and someone will do something about this. I work for a company whose business is dogs and believe me I will spread the news quickly in order to save all I can!! I hope my babies (dogs) will be ok. Thank you for this page and for those of you who have shared.

Original review: June 6, 2014

Both my dogs have been ill for weeks. I have been to the vet for antibiotics and anti-diarrhea medication twice. We finally figured out that it was the food because they would get better on the restricted diet and relapse as soon as we started to wean them back on the food. I checked online to see if there was a recall on the food like there was last year and found there wasn't. It does seem that there are several other people experiencing the same type of symptoms on here. We are using the adult chicken flavored mini chunks... same food we have been feeding them for years. I would hope that if there is something tainted in the food that people would be notified. We are going to discontinue use immediately. We are considering making homemade dog food from now on just to be safe.

Dear Sherry,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Minichunks. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267, so that we may gather more information.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: May 27, 2014

I've been feeding my cats Iams for the last 6 years, but they've been sick starting immediately after re-filling their feeder with a new bag of Iams Proactive Health (Indoor Weight and Hairball Control). I know the bag is not old because it has the new packaging. They were throwing up all of their food and one had diarrhea. I just replaced it with a new bag of the same food and they seem fine now. Seems like Iams had a bad batch of food out and it made my cats very sick!

Original review: May 21, 2014

Where can we send a sample of food to have it tested? My dog was very ill with liver issues and thousands in vets bills after consuming this food. I have a small amount left and would like it tested to see office if it was toxic. Thank you for your input.

Dear Judy,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear of the challenges your pet has experienced, while using one of our products. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267, so we can gather information to address this concern.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: May 7, 2014

My dogs have been eating Iams for several years. I recently changed to the Iams natural and they have had diarrhea and vomiting for the past few days. Today they both just refused to eat. They wanted nothing to do with the food. It has been in their bowls for the entire day. I decided to search online. Thank goodness I found this info. No more Iams for my dogs. It would have been great to at least put on the bag there were new additives.

Dear Bianca,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Naturals. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Some of our products have slight ingredient changes, while others have only label changes. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267, so that we may gather more information.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: April 29, 2014

I have a boxer puppy that is almost a year old. I started buying Iams because that is what the breeder was feeding her. I switch all my dogs to this but have found it to make the little ones very ill to the point of death. I am very unhappy with Iams and I intend to switch to Blue Buffalo. I hope it is not too late for my little dogs. I have nothing nice to say right now. I can't even get a coupon from Iams or anything. I hope that someone will respond to this message.

Dear Laura,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear of the challenges your pets have experienced, while using Iams. We are happy to speak with you about your concern, to gather more details. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: April 28, 2014

I own 2 dogs. Scooter is a 14 year old Shih Tzu and Benji is a 4 year old Maltese. We recently moved from Boston to S. Carolina 6/13. We had a visit with our new Vet. The animal care tech. asked what food they were eating. I told her Iams dry mixed with Mighty Dog. She frowned and told us that Mighty Dog was loaded with fat and that perhaps we should switch to Iams canned instead. So, we slowly changed over their food to Iams dry mixed with Iams wet. So since about August last year they have been eating this. They both have had diarrhea off and on intermittently. I contributed it to maybe a change in the water.

It wasn't bad up until the past 2 months. Then it got really bad. Every day they each have a bout of diarrhea - sometimes 2-3x's a day. They act fine otherwise. I brought a sample of each of their stools to the vet. Last week, they both came back normal. My vet. told me to stop all their treats that they were getting. Milk-Bones, Pupperoni, denta sticks, etc. stop all these for a month and slowly add one of the treats back to see what may be causing this problem. So now, they are a mess... wanting their treats which they cannot have!! A neighbor of mine told me to try giving them only filtered water, which I did and it is still going on. These poor babies!! It wasn't until I read everyone else's complaints… now it has me wondering. Is it the Iams??? Never had this problem with Mighty Dog!

Original review: April 19, 2014

Well, last month I bought Pedigree for my dogs. I had been feeding it to them for quite some time when I bought a large bag for the first time from Walmart which caused a severe reaction in one of my dogs. So, I decided to try Iams, which I had used in the past with success. I tried the Lamb and Rice formula. I bought the biggest bag on April 9th from Petco. My dogs refuse to eat it alone, even my dog who picks up twigs and eats them. I am at a loss. I cannot continue to waste money on dog food. I thought I would be safe with Iams but I have to add cooked rice and chicken in order to get my dogs to eat this. I feel like I have to buy wet food in order to get them to eat. At that rate, I would have to feed them 2 cans each a day to get them to eat. Does anyone have any dog food suggestions?

Dear Jennifer,

I work for the Iams Company and appreciate you taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams diet. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would like to speak with you. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267, in order for us to best assist you.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: April 12, 2014

Bought a new 40 lb bag of Iams Mini chunks last weekend, 4/5/14 from Murdoch's. My dogs have had nothing but diarrhea all week long. I have Italian greyhounds, a red heeler and a chihuahua. They all have had diarrhea. I won't feed this anymore. My hounds have never had a problem with Iams till now. I have warned my friends. Sad...greed.. Won't buy Iams products ever again.

Dear Michelle,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear of the challenges your pets have experienced, while using the Iams Minichuncks. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: April 1, 2014

I have used the Iams naturals lamb and rice formula for over a year now with great results and this weekend purchase a 30lb bag that said "new look and improved formula", started my dog on it two days ago and he has had diarrhea for the last 24 hours.... I switch to Iams because it was gentle on his stomach. Now I will be looking for another brand that doesn't have all the additives. :(

Dear Kelly,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Naturals Lamb and Rice. There have been slight changes to some of the diets. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: March 10, 2014

I have just watched a undercover footage of cruelty that I have never seen before in my life. The world should see what I saw today. I cannot do anything to stop Iams abusing these innocent animals. Just remember there is a God and his day is coming.

Dear June,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry this video has caused you confusion and concern, and thank you for expressing your opinions. The video is very old and was taken at a contract facility, not a facility owned by Iams. It is not an accurate representation of our policies or practices. If you are interested in reading about what we have to say regarding our feeding studies, please visit www.IamsTruth.com.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: March 2, 2014

We bought a 30 pound bag of Iams active small chunk for our 7 dogs. We wanted to feed them healthier. 5 of them started throwing up and diarrhea ever since and 3 of my dogs are 11 years old. This is not good for them. We are not happy. I guess we have a large vet bill coming and never buying Iams again!!!

Dear Janelle,

I work for the Iams Company and appreciate you taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams diet. Our Consumer Care agents are nutritional experts and would like to speak with you. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Feb. 23, 2014

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I only used a free sample of their poisonous so called food and that was enough to make my cat Zazzy sick. I thank God that we didn't buy any of that stuff they call pet food. I think it is time to BOYCOTT Iams, they are pet murderers. I have been paying a lot of attention to the responses that others get from the company and if computers could write I'd have to say that is what was answering them because all of them were the same just a few words different. Down with the pet murders close up shop. I have an idea, why don't you people who run the place and give the orders... you eat your own product and let's see what happens.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2014

I have a 6 year old female cat. I bought a bag of 3kg. IAMS Proactive Health Adult Norwegian Salmon and Chicken. Yesterday I was about to feed her, when I noticed a wooden chip (spine), very hard, coming out of one of the pellets. I took it out from the pellet and tried to bend it with my fingers. I could not do it. Of course, I took pictures of the wooden spine before eliminating it. This is totally unacceptable. I paid 13 for this bag and my cat could definitely had choked with that wooden chip if I hadn't had the luck to see the wooden chip before serving her meal. Of course, I'll never buy IAMS or anything related to IAMS again. For that same price, you may get superior quality foods with no foreign objects inside it. I tried calling to the telephone line which appears in the cat food bag, but had no luck contacting anyone.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2014

My cat had been on IAMS weight control formula with and without hairball remedy (bright blue bag) for about 2 years and it worked great - helped reduce her weight from 15 to ~9.5 pounds and held steady. Also added Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys with wild rice to fill her up and slow her eating down, together they worked like a dream until this past November. Then she began acting weird, very hyper after eating, itching, etc. Then her stool began changing - rotating between being normal to fat huge (like a dog), from regular brown to light-like putty -then back again. But still "formed". This was after the IAMS weight control kibble recall. But we thought we were "fortunate" in that our bag dates were not on the recall list, not even close in date of mfg.

Her stool issue (and also occasional spittle vomit) began after that recall so we thought the IAMS kibble we had was safe - and thought maybe the Fancy Feast was for some reason no longer agreeing with her (it was never on a recall list). So we took her off the Fancy Feast and only fed her the dry IAMS weight control formula - that's when her stool went from "off and on" dark light to lighter and lighter than yellow then bright orange-yellow cow pies plus excessive thirstiness. In a total panic I called my vet (cat had just been to VET & was healthy) and first thing she asked me about was if there was a change in her food. I told her about the IAMS and she said remove her from it totally and slowly introduce bland.

I fed her IAMS canned Lamb & rice pate (something another vet told me to do for my previous kitty who lived till she was 21, always worked for digestive issues for her). Although it too was IAMS, and had rice there was no listed wheat/corn - it has worked like a dream. I started her off after an 8 hour overnight fast with 1 of the lamb & rice fed every 2 hours. In about 24 hours she produced a totally normal stool, not smelly, and no whimpering in her sleep. She also started to behave like her normal self. We gradually increased her intake and volume so within 2 weeks she is up to 1 larger can of Iams Lamb & Rice plus a small can of beef pate. No loose weird looking stool. No Spittle surprises.

So bottom line, even though the IAMS blue weight control is no longer on a recall list, I wonder what they did to change it up that caused my cat to become so sick since she tolerated this kibble very well for a couple years. I am lucky she had some weight reserve to lose.... Although she seems to be OK now, I am still trekking her to the vet (much kitty displeasure) for a blood workup, now that she can go into a carrier without an "accident" en route.

Dear Bonnie,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear of the challenges that your pet has experienced. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would very much like to speak with you, to gather more information. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2014

My 3-yr-old Lab has just died. The vet said it was rat poison. The weird thing is that our dog is in a fenced in yard or in the house at all times. There is no rat or any other poison inside or outside of our house. We have 2 dogs. The only difference between their lives is their food. Our other dog eats soft food because she is older and her teeth are not strong enough to eat kibbles. The only thing we can figure is that our IAMs dog food was somehow tainted. We are crushed over the loss of our otherwise completely healthy beautiful Chocolate Lab. I will never buy Iams products again. After reading the 400+ complaints on this website I am convinced it was the Iams dog food that killed my dog and broke my heart. We have used Iams faithfully under the misguided impression that it was a SAFE quality product. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I have no hope that this complaint will cause any real turmoil to a big company like this, but I do hope in writing this it can help to warn other dog owners so that they (and their dog) do not have to suffer a loss like I have. I only wish that I had seen this site sooner, then maybe my dog would still be with me. :*(

Dear Dani,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. Although we do not use rodenticides in our facilities, we take the health and well being of our pets very seriously. We would like to speak with you about this, to gather more information. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2014

I bought Iams dog food on 1st January 2014 (as a one off as my usual dog food was out of stock) for my pedigree French bulldog. On the 4th he started vomiting violently and drinking a lot of water. Took him to vet. He was on IVs, antibiotics etc., etc., was vomiting until Monday, when he collapsed, could not stand, hold his head up, passing blood. His x-rays came back all cloudy showing inflammation, his bloods came back showing liver and kidney problems, and his pancreas levels were through the roof (744 - should have been 120).

He died that day. Now this dog was healthy to date. He was only 2, and this is just far too strange. The vet was even puzzled. It is only now my vet has said this food was most likely the cause!! I have Google this food and it appears many people have had the same outcome. I am devastated, he was like a child to me, and I blame myself I should never have bought this food. I will be taking this further.

Dear Emma,

I work for Iams and I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. We would like to speak with you about this, to gather more information. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2014

My two dogs became ill within hours of eating this dog food. It started with diarrhea and then they began vomiting. The next day they had blood in their diarrhea. We have returned the dog food to the store. I will NEVER buy Iams Brand Pet food again.

Dear Jill,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear about the challenges your pets have experienced. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would like to speak with you. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Jan. 10, 2014

Recently I switched from another brand to IAMS thinking they were comparable. It is causing my poor dog diarrhea and find similar complaints on this website. I will NEVER buy this brand again. My dog is 15 years old and something like this could jeopardize her life as well as her health. Iams should determine what is causing this problem. Coupons to buy more food that will hurt my pet is NOT a solution.

Dear Elsa,

I see that you have contacted us via e-mail. I am sorry to sound so repetitive in the responses, but truly the only way we can assist our consumers is for you to call in with more information. We take all concerns very seriously and our team documents every call that comes into our center. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Jan. 4, 2014

Our dog Iams Smart Puppy, then we switched him to the Proactive Mini Chunks. Soon thereafter he began experiencing bouts of diarrhea, which sometimes turned bloody. On several horrifying occasions, it seemed like he was going to bleed to death. We thought the problem was the dog, that perhaps he had some weakness or flaw which would render him unable to live healthy life. After researching online, we began to suspect it was his food that was making him ill with increasing frequency. We switched to a "five star" food recommended by Dog Food Advisor and within a week his diarrhea and occasional vomiting stopped, and he actually WANTED to eat.

We had assumed he was a picky eater with a small appetite, but now he is eager to eat his new, healthy food. He is livelier, healthier, and more affectionate. He is no longer a sick little dog. We trusted Iams, and what we got instead was food that was incompatible with health. Thankfully we were able to stop forcing our dog to literally choose between hunger and toxicity at every mealtime by switching to a different food in time to prevent death. We thought we had a weak and sucky little pup, but after reading the sad tales of other dogs who were not so lucky after eating Iams, I guess we can say we have a little SuperPup who survived what others did not. And no, I do not want coupons or false sympathy from Iams. I want them to stop selling a food that is making pets sick!

Dear Barbara,