Iams Dog Food
3.76/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Iams Dog Food

P&G Pet Care exists to enhance the health and well being of more dogs and cats. For over fifty years, Iams has supported a team of Pet Care professionals who handle consumer questions and concerns. This team, which includes pet nutrition experts and veterinary technicians, is thoroughly trained on our products, the science behind them and general pet nutrition.

794 Iams Dog Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

My dog and my landlord's dog have had nothing but problems since I tried your Weight Control dry dog food. They have both starting chewing their hind ends and my dog her tail so bad that it's bleeding. Both have had horrible gas and they were only eating it for 2 and a half days. Both dogs had immediate reactions, all bad. But I didn't think it was the dog food at first, but with both of them being healthy dogs with no pre existing skin problems, fleas or other parasites, the only thing different in their lives was the dog food. I quit feeding it to the both of them after 2 days and went back to their regular dog food which is not one of your products. They are both still chewing because of the dry skin in the area but nothing like the two days while they were being fed the Iams dog food. Oh and did I mention the horrible gas they both had? Your products should be further tested before being sold to the public and not tested on innocent animals who have no voice in the matter.

Dear Patte,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our food, we would like to talk to you. We have a team of Veterinary Professionals that will work with you and your Veterinarian. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

We have been feeding our 7-month-old puppy Lucy Iams since we have had her. She loves it. She can hardly wait when we open the bag. We started feeding our older dog Iams too. Awesome product with great ingredients. Would definitely recommend!

Dear Amanda,
    It was so nice of you to take the time and share your pets’ experience with our Iams diet. As a small token of our appreciation, we'd like to invite you to call our Consumer Care team at 1-800-525-4267, so we can send you some money saving coupons for the food that you purchase, or would like to try.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Dec. 28, 2014

I have a lab mix 3 month old puppy that we got a few days before Christmas. We have had multiple experiences with different kinds of food brands. Our Chihuahua used Mighty Dog wet food the whole 14 yrs that we had her until she passed away and our 2 yr old beagle/dach changed from Pedigree to Blue Buffalo. Our 2 cats are using Friskies and none of the brands has caused problems with any of our fur babies until now with Iams.

A few days after we brought our new fur baby home we took her to the vet for her first shots and was told she was healthy. We were originally feeding her Puppy Chow from Dollar General that we already had and she ran out so while at Wal-Mart I remembered she was out of food so I looked for something that would be good for her. I remembered the vet told me about Iams being really good for dogs so I grabbed a 15 lb bag. I gave it to her and about 2 to 3 hours later she puked it all up and began to have diarrhea. I thought the puking was because I either fed her too much or because I had changed her from one brand to another but then the diarrhea started and then it became bloody. I then remembered that the diarrhea and puking didn't start until after I gave her the Iams food.

She has been sick for hours and after thinking hard about what it could be I realized that dogs could have problems with some brands so I looked up the reviews and I am shocked as to how many bad reviews there are for this dog food. I will be taking her off of Iams and I will never buy it again. We will be putting her back on Puppy Chow or Blue Buffalo and I would like a refund for the Iams.

Dear Gina,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams food. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Dec. 27, 2014

We started her on the Iams Woof Delights about a month ago. Slowly started her over on it. Was fine for the first week and after that, vomiting for three days straight now and runny stools. As I see from this forum looks like y'all @ Iams have a big problem on your hands. Something is truly wrong with this food. I have 16 unopened containers heading back to Petsmart today for exchange! Last time for this product--back to white rice pumpkins and chicken for a little while. Pray I have caught this in time!

Dear Pagtricia,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Woof Delights. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

We have been feeding our cats IAMS exclusively for 12 years (The hairball & weight control one is their favorite). Our cats have been happy with the product up until recently. We purchased a large bag and filled up the cats' containers for them to eat while we were away for the weekend. When we returned, the cats had "pulled" all of the food out of the container and pushed it onto the floor. They hadn't eaten any of it. To test the product, we offered the food to the outdoor feral cats and they also wouldn't touch it. We purchased a new bag and both sets of cats were ok again.

Dear Tyra,

I work for the Iams Company and appreciate you taking the time to post. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would like to speak with you. We take all concerns very seriously and our team documents every call that comes into our center. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Pet Foods?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

I have a six year old Chihuahua and her name is Tinkerbelle. She has been healthy and happy. I have always given my dog Chef Michael's dog food and she loves it. We never had an issue with it. I ran out of the brand she normally eats and the store also ran out so I purchased Iams because the store clerk said it was a great brand. That evening I gave it to my dog and within a few hours she began to have diarrhea and she began to vomit and have seizures. I took her to the vet and her sudden onset of seizures could not be explained. She was given medicine for seizures and vomiting and diarrhea and was sent home where she was made comfortable but was not the same dog for several days. Once again I ran out of Chef Michael's and was not at home so my daughter gave her the Iams dog food that was in the back of the closet. Once again she began to have the vomiting and the seizures but this time she had blood in her stool and she kept foaming at the mouth. I don't know what is in the dog food but it is unsafe and it should be pulled off of the shelves.

Dear Lisa,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams diet, we would like to talk to you. We have a team of Veterinary Professionals that will work with you and your Veterinarian. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

We have been feeding Iams Healthy Naturals to our 3 dogs for about 4 months. We bought a new 12.5 lb bag last week and they all three had a serving. One of our dogs is a corgi and twice the size of the other two so she gets a bit more and also is notorious for snagging from the other bowls. That night she woke us up in the middle of the night crying. She went outside and pooped repeatedly. We just thought she had a tummy ache. Later that afternoon she started having diarrhea so we picked up their food. We went out for a bit and one of our kids called and said she had made a "MESS" in the living room. We hurried home and she did it again on our way home. She was VERY embarrassed and had horrible gas.

We decided to switch all three dogs to rice and chicken for a couple days thinking there may be a flu bug. It cleared up almost immediately. Two days later not suspecting Iams having not had a problem and not finding any recall information we decided to try it again. Our Corgi turned her head to it. We thought she wanted the chicken and rice and was being picky. That night HORRIBLE gas started from both our other dogs and today both have diarrhea. This time I decided to search consumer affairs rather than a simple recalled search. I find this appalling that this many people in the last two months have had the same experience. But NO recall. We will NEVER buy anything Iams ever again...

Dear Christopher,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams diet. Sorry to sound so repetitive in my responses, but the best and fastest way for us to help you is for you to call us. Our team of Veterinary Professionals will work with you and your Veterinarian. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

I am a huge dog lover. Every dog I've owned has been on Iams. It works with our 9 year old lab, and 3 year old husky. And it doesn't break our bank to feed them. Being a military family it's hard to find great quality dog foods that aren't over $60. And both our dogs enjoy it, even Titan our husky who went from barely eating to eating all in one sitting! I have never owned a dog who doesn't love Iams! Great dog food and company!

Dear Paige,

We really appreciate your loyalty to the Iams brand and for trusting us with your pet’s nutrition. If you would like, please feel free to call our Consumer Care team at 1-800-525-4267 for some money saving coupons to go towards your next purchase.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Dec. 7, 2014

I rescued a baby kitten and wanted to feed her good quality food. We tried a couple of foods before trying Iams. She loved the delight dinners. My older cats eat dry food and I fed all the cats the delight dinner to introduce them to each other without stress. They all love it.

Dear Myra,

It was so nice of you to take the time to share your pets experience with us. As a small token of our appreciation, we'd like to invite you to call our Consumer Care team at 1-800-525-4267, so we can send you some money saving coupons for the food that you purchase or would like to try.

Hope to hear from you!

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

Four days after eating Iams dry dog food my Maltese was in great pain. He is seven years old and has always had Little Caesar and Purina dry food without any problems. This morning we went to the Vet and had x-rays and blood work done to the tune of $317.00. He was so bloated with gas he cried when the Vet touched his stomach. The abnormal amount of gas caused an inflammation in his liver which you could see on the X-rays. Needless to say he will never be fed Iams again and I have him on meds now and hopefully he will recover. I am retired, on a meager pension and I would like to be reimbursed for my Vet bill.

Dear Jan,

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

I purchased a bag of cat food and got it home only to realize there was a piece of plastic that poured out of the bag into my cat's bowl. Iams customer service was very apologetic and polite. They promptly sent multiple coupons for free food and cat toys.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

We have used Iams Minichunks for years, and with our one dog getting older and our other dog needing to lose a couple pounds, we switched to Iams ProActive Health Mature Adult. Since then, our one dog has had a major increase in very unpleasant gas. Very. It is getting worse, too--more frequent and pungent. He doesn't get table food, so it's not that. It makes me wonder how much discomfort the poor guy is in.

Dear Lisa,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams ProActive Health Mature Adult. We would be delighted to address your inquiry.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

We have fed this to our Shar-Pei since he was born, no other food and no scraps. I am thrilled to say he turns 16 years old this Dec 2014. The life span of Shar-Pei's is around 9 years, so when we are getting 16 years out of him, I attribute this to good dog food along with good vet care. He is in good shape other than his legs, his back legs are starting to fail him due to arthritis. I do believe in good dog food. I have evidence in my dog's health and longevity. I would recommend this dog food to any dog owner that wants to give them good health and long life. Thank you Iams!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2014

We have two dogs and I have been feeding them Iams Pro Active Adult Mini Chunks for years. We bought a new bag on Saturday November 16 and I came home yesterday to the most revolting smells and sights. We keep them crated during the day bad both dogs were violently ill with diarrhea yesterday and have been sick since. The only thing to change is the bag of food. I will be disposing of this bag but unsure I will/should purchase another bag. I am very concerned and disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

After 5 years having my Dachshund on the expensive brand Blue Buffalo I decided to switch to Iams while transitioning a Lab puppy into my home this past May. My lab struggled to settle her stomach on Blue, and Science Diet so we tried IAMS Pro Active Health original. After the first week of some tummy aches, mixing IAMS with some white rice and chicken we finally settled her stomach and didn't have any issues going forward and I thought IAMS was a good fit. My vet was even excited when I told her that was the brand we decided on. Last month I purchased a new big bag from Target, the next my dachshund couldn't keep her food down and was also experiencing bad diarrhea. 12 hours later the same thing continued with my Lab. I figured I would give IAMS the benefit of a doubt and decided to go grab a smaller bag just to see if things subsided.

I had to throw my large $27 brand new bag away and we continued with small amounts of a new bag of IAMS and chicken and rice for a week or so. This past Saturday it was time to purchase a new bag so I did. Again, a large bag, another $27. Needless to say I was up all night with my Lab. After throwing up all of what she had eaten at night, she continued to spit up throughout the night, and at 4:30 in the morning she started with Diarrhea. I am certain that it is the food. The first time I figured she may have just gotten into something but for it to happen now twice, to both of my dogs at some point, when purchasing a new bag something is wrong, not to mention I am now out $60 worth of dog food that I have had to throw away.

Dear Amanda,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear about the challenges your pets have experienced. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would very much like to speak with you. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

I purchased IAMS Woof Delights Chicken & Vegetable Medley wet dog food at Kroger in Nashville 11/13/14. It was full of a really bad smelling, greasy, oily, gray slurry with a white slurry swirled through the top layer. Lot# is 29 Nov 2015 DS1 4149719512. This product should be recalled immediately!

Dear Kristin,

I see that you have e-mailed us directly to provide information. Thank you for making us aware of this. Please let us know if we can be of any further help. Our Pet Professionals are knowledgeable on all of our products and ingredients, and happy to answer any questions you may have. You can reach us at 1-877-546-9581, 9-6, ET, Mon.-Fri. and Sat. 10-2.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have found out that the Iams dog food has caused my two dogs and another friend's dog to have diarrhea and get a bacteria infection. I loved iams dog food. Our dogs have been on it for almost three years. It's been great till now. And I'm very sad that it is causing them to be sick. I hope the company can figure something out.

Dear Larissa,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear of the challenges your pet has experienced, we would like to talk to you. We have a team of Veterinary Professionals that will work with you and your Veterinarian. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

I have fed my dogs lams dog food for years. LITERALLY ALL THEIR LIVES AND THEY ARE 9 & 10! I never had a issue with my dogs being ill. I purchased a LARGE 23.2 lbs bag of healthy naturals before going out of town for 5 days and my LIVE IN DOG SITTER with whom my dogs are VERY FAMILIAR said it smelled like bad oil when she opened it.. They would not eat it at first, which she attributed to my being out of town. So she added 1/2 can each of tuna packed in water to their food for three days to encourage eating. On the fourth day, they were both very lethargic and "coughing" she said, and they started chewing themselves incessantly and whining. I got home to two very sick dogs... smelled the food and recoiled. IT was RANCID. Target won't refund me -- it's not expired so I think you should know this product is disgusting.

Dear Victoria,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear of the challenges your pets have experienced. We take all concerns very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to post. We also appreciate your loyalty to Iams. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

I have been feeding my 3 year old German Shepherd Iams Pro Active Adult Mini Chunks for the past year and a half, since we moved to Canada. He seemed to be doing fine on this brand until a couple of months ago. He started having intermittent diarrhea. I initially put this down to him sometimes having our leftovers. I cut out the human food and feed him exclusively on his own food to rule out any trouble with human food.

I purchased a new bag of Iams Pro Active Adult Mini Chunks last week and since then the diarrhea returned. Yesterday he started bloody diarrhea. He is currently in the vet's having tests and stool samples done. Our vet has suggested that he may have contracted salmonella poisoning from his food. Please people do not feed this toxic product to you animals. P&G please investigate this product and withdraw it if necessary before any more of our animals get sick or worse die! Please do not offer me any coupons as I will never buy any of your products again.

Dear Claire,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Minichunks, we would like to talk to you. We have a team of Veterinary Professionals that will work with you and your Veterinarian. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Oct. 12, 2014

I fed my 6 year old cat the new Iams dry cat food got weight control and hairball. Twice two different day and he got very ill vomiting not once but several times. I'm not going to feed him it again and need a call tag or something to return this bag. I'm very upset seeing my cat get so ill. Thank you.

Dear Lorraine,

I see that you have called in to provide information. Thank you for making us aware of this. We are a company of pet lovers and pet owners and understand how upsetting it is to have a sick pet. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

I switched to Iams cat food, thinking I was doing a good thing, and wish I'd read the reviews first. My cat threw up every single day while on Iams - sometimes 2-3 times. I did some research and realized it was probably the food I was feeding her so threw it out. She's fine now and isn't throwing up anymore. I'll never buy Iams again.

Dear Terri,

I work for Iams and I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Cat food, we would like to talk to you. We have a team of Veterinary Professionals that will work with you and your Veterinarian. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Oct. 3, 2014

Iams Proactive minichunks Adult 1 - 6 years dog food. We have been using Iams for our dogs for years, but we have two new dogs (after the passing of our beloved Roxy). We have been using Iams as always and today, one of our dogs pooped on the kitchen floor and our other dog pooped in my son's room. Both dogs are house-trained and we have never had a problem. Their stools are generally nice and firm. However today they had diarrhea, and after cleaning up both accidents, our one dog again had a bout of diarrhea in the house. I am concerned about the Iams especially after reading all of these posts!! Does any know if there is a recall. Please Help!!

Dear Toni,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams ProActive Minichunks. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Oct. 1, 2014

In August 2014 I purchased a bag of the Iams Smart Puppy dry dog food. I fed this to my 4 house dogs. After eating a meal of it the first dog got the diarrhea, then he got bright red bloody diarrhea. I thought maybe he had just gotten into something. He is about a 30 lb. dog. After he got the bloody diarrhea and not eating for approx. 2 days, I changed his food. His stool then turned mucusy and soft. He has dealt with occasional diarrhea for almost a month. The second dog also developed the bloody stool, (bright red blood) then his also changed to a mucusy soft stool. Luckily for him he is about a 20 lb dog. He had not ate as much of the Iams food as the others so I feel it didn't affect him as bad. However bloody stool on carpets for days is not a good thing.

The third dog that ate the food at the same time as the others happened to be a 2 lb 12 oz Chihuahua. He ate the Iams for 3 days straight as that was his favorite food. Needless to say he also got the bright red bloody diarrhea. It ended up being he was just dripping bright red blood from his intestines. He was no longer having diarrhea, blood was just running out of him. We took him to the vet, told the vet we thought it was tainted food. The vet seemed to think that tainted food was so rare it just couldn't be that!!!!!!! Of course the vet did a Parvo test. It was negative as all my animals have had their boosters. Iams is the only thing that they ate. They are house dogs, not allowed out alone or without supervision, never left home and no one in my home either.

Well the vet seemed to think that tainted food was just to far fetched to believe. I did take a sample of the food and ask that he test it. He did not. I do still have the sample if someone would like to test it. MY CHIHUAHUA DID NOT MAKE IT!!!! He died at the vets office. Needless to say I am shattered to think that I fed my beloved dog a food that would kill him all the time thinking I was doing something good for him!!!!!!!!! The other dog #4 in the house also came down with the bright red diarrhea and mucusy diarrhea. Her ordeal lasted about two weeks.

It seems to me these are the symptoms of salmonella poisoning if I read it correctly on the internet. From what I've read once they get salmonella poisoning they are then carriers and can be tested for it. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. However let me explain. I am a multi dog owner. This has managed to spread to some of the other dogs that I have. I have a list of dates, pictures of the stool etc. I have searched high and low for my receipt and the bag the food came in but have been unable to find them. However I am still looking. I do have a sample of what was left of the food if anyone would like to test it!!!!!!!!!!! I will never buy from Iams again!!! This horrible food killed my chihuahua and has made the other dogs very ill. Hopefully this isn't something that they will actually carry thru their lives?????????

I feel Iams owes me a lot for my Chihuahua (which could never be replaced), the vet expense, plus the other dogs that may now be carriers of something because they ate the tainted food. I have added a pic of the Chihuahua I lost. Picture taken 3 days before his death. I have also uploaded pics of some of the stools. I'm sure I have more!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to contact me. NO COUPONS PLEASE! They can't replace the animals this food has killed!

Dear Tammey,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your pet Chihuahua. We would like to speak with you about this. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Sept. 28, 2014

I opened a new bag of Iams Sensitive ocean fish Thursday morning and fed my two Scotties. I returned home after work to this horrific scene of diarrhea all over the house and found my beloved male Scottie dead in his own feces and urine. My male dog was only five and half years and in perfect health. I left two happy dogs and returned home to find my precious dog had suffered a terrible death. On Friday evening, my female Scottie finally ate about a third of a cup of dog food. Within a short time, she became restless, drooling and had diarrhea. I immediately called the Vet and took her in for blood work, etc. Her liver enzymes were elevated and she was placed on meds for that and also the diarrhea.

At that time, I did express concern to the Vet that maybe the dog food was a factor because Sassy had been doing alright until she ate; Rudy died tragically after I feed him that morning and he did not have health problems. My female, Sassy, has food allergies and that is the reason I was feeding Iams sensitive dog food. I even took a sample of dog food and the bag to the Vet asking to have it tested. I mention this to my daughter Saturday and she went online and found the complaints that others have had with similar experiences. To think that my dog's terrible death did not have to happened totally infuriates me if Iams had issued a recall. I will do everything in my power to ensure others know my experience.

Dear Paula,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Rudy. We would like to speak with you about this. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Sept. 17, 2014

I have a 56# Labradoodle. He's been eating Iams mini-chunk kibble off and on for months with intermittent bouts of upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, etc. which I contributed to something else he had eaten. In July, he got extremely sick after eating and within less that 24 hours, had to be on an IV for 2 days with several different antibiotics and other various medications. Our Vet said his liver enzymes were off the charts and we assumed he had eaten something toxic, but could not imagine what. He recovered and was doing well although we switched his food to a different brand. Yesterday, I opened a new bag of the Iams Kibble and gave it to him for his evening meal. Within 2 hours his stomach looked like a basket ball and he gassy and very uncomfortable. I immediately started him on an antibiotic and after about 2-1/2 more hours his stomach returned to normal. I will never use your products again!

Dear Connie,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear of the challenges your pet has experienced, while using the Iams Minichunk. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Sept. 14, 2014

Iams proactive health hairball care for cats - I started feeding it to my cat three days ago. She has never been sick before. Minutes after eating the first meal she became violently ill with vomiting and diarrhea. Each time I fed it to her, she became ill again. I know from reading the complaints that it is so likely to be the result of the new food.

Dear Marilyn,

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Sept. 7, 2014

IAMS Indoor Weight/Hairball Cat Food - My cat had been eating this for a couple of years when he has suddenly began vomiting after the new improved version came out. He eats his measured amount, drinks his water, rests with me then bolts to vomit. He has been checked by our vet and after a two day rest on baby food went back on new version of indoor food and vomiting returned. Want the best for him, but what is better than IAMs? Is there any old, unimproved hiding someplace that won't make my boy sick? $9.99 for dry cat food is one thing, but I can't afford these vet fees?

Dear Patricia,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams ProActive Health Indoor Weight and Hairball Care. We appreciate you taking the time to post and appreciate your loyalty to Iams. We take all concerns very seriously and would like to assist. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Sept. 3, 2014

I have a 10 year old cat who has been eating IAMS for years. I opened a new bag last week and within 24 hours she had nonstop vomiting. Had to take her to the vet for fluids, blood work, x-rays, overnight stay and the recommendation that I throw out the new bag of food. $$$$. Fortunately thanks to the care of the wonderful Vets she is ok. Ever since the change last year, the food is not the same.

Dear Cathy,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear of the challenges your pet has experienced, while using Iams. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Aug. 30, 2014

We have been feeding our dogs Iams ProActive Health Weight Control dog food for over a year with no issues. All of the sudden, our dogs started vomiting and having diarrhea to the point they needed IV fluids. We withheld the food for 4 days and fed a bland diet. As soon as we re-introduced the IAMS food, it started all over again. We even threw the bag of food out and replaced with a new one. The same thing happened. We switched to Rachael Ray's Nutrish and they have stopped vomiting and having diarrhea. Something is wrong with their food and they should do a recall.

Dear Michelle,

I work for the Iams Company and I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Proactive Health Weight Control. Our Consumer Care agents have a high level of nutritional expertise and would like to speak with you. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Pet Care

Original review: Aug. 25, 2014

I have been feeding my eight month old GSD puppy IAMS puppy food for the past five months with no problem. The last bag has caused diarrhea every two or three days for the past two weeks. At first I thought he had found and eaten something he shouldn't have but despite prevention of that he is still having diarrhea. I am convinced now it is this lot of dog food. I will have to switch brands now for his protection.

Dear Kyle,

I work for Iams and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our Iams Puppy. We are happy to speak with you about your concern. Please feel free to call us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 800-525-4267.

Iams Dog Food Company Information