2. Pets
Accredited Partner

Strasburg, PA

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Greenfield Puppies was created to give future owners a safe and controlled way to find their new furry family member. For over ten years, Greenfield has set strict standards for our breeders so that each of our soon-to-be owners are guaranteed to welcome a happy, healthy pup into their home.

We understand that it is important to our families that their puppy arrives in good health, so each of our breeders undergoes a “Breeder Background Check” to ensure they are practicing healthy breeding in a safe environment. Furthermore, Greenfield Puppies prides ourselves in educating each of our breeders to verify they are informed on the healthiest breeding standards. Let us help complete your family with the perfect pup.

View More View More
Greenfield Puppies Learn More

Greenfield Puppies Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I saw my dog Betty on Greenfield Puppies' website and called the breeder. She was a little older than what I wanted and the nature of her being 16 or 17 weeks old 'caused a lot of trouble with getting her flown. Three different times, they changed our flight because of some health certification and it was not good. Communication about that was not very prompt and I almost backed out of the purchase totally. We fly dogs all over the country all the time and we’ve never had that happen. Greenfield definitely needs to look into that. When Betty got here, I could tell she has not been very well socialized. She’s still a little skittish. Still, she's doing well all in all and she’s very healthy. She's happy and seems pretty smart too. I've recommended Greenfield to some friends of mine.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

When looking for a puppy and when meeting the puppy you have chosen, all common sense can leave you once you fall in love with the new little pup. This is what happened to us. We got the most beautiful little Mini-Bernedoodle from Mr. Elam ** in Lititz, Pa. We did not get to meet either parent and should have been smarter than we were. The puppy was actually being sold by their young son, Jadon, which I thought was so cute to allow your son to have some business experience. However, we have learned a heartbreaking, terrible lesson in the most horrible of ways. We had our sweet Zoey for 4 months and we brought her to our vet to be spayed. She passed away on the operating table. The entire vet practice and needless to say, us, was devastated.

The vet seemed to think that it could have been a reaction to anesthesia or an undetected heart defect. While it is not certain, the end result is the same. She died. Knowing even the possibility of a heart defect makes me question the quality of the breeding. Never again will I buy a pup from the entire center of Pennsylvania. When I notified the breeder, he really did not have much to say. So heartbroken, disappointed and mad at myself for being so stupid. Think twice!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Via Greenfield puppy referral site I contacted 4 breeders in Strasburg Pa area. 1st was John ** dogs were well cared for. But I didn't want to decide w/o seeing the other 3. 2nd breeder the dogs were wild and in a dark horse barn stall. 3rd I couldn't find. 4th breeder dogs were well cared for. Breeder had great attitude and loved her dogs but they were running loose and too hard to catch and examine. l went back to John ** for 2nd look. I purchased a black GSD 3 month old. Mr ** advised me on food quality, produced paperwork and health certificate. Was a pleasure to deal with. I've had the dog 4 months and he's one of the best dogs I ever had. That's saying a lot. I was a professional handler trainer and owned over 25 dogs myself. This pup is Beautiful to look at, great disposition, smart, confirmation and health is excellent.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

We drove to a well kept farm where we were greeted by several tag wagging dogs. We met David the owner, a soft spoken, friendly Amish man. He had his teenage son bring out some of the pups. They were all happy and playful and jumping, crawling all over each other and the mama dog, a sweet yellow lab. David's beautiful little pre-school age girls came out to meet us and play with the pups. The pup I chose is very healthy (already been checked out by my vet) and well socialized. I don't think I could be any happier.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Our beloved Maltese passed away last years. We had 15 wonderful years with our furbaby. After 7 months my husband and I decided that it was time to welcome a new fur angel into our home. We were told by a friend about Greenfield Puppies. We drove to Pensilvania and brought home our little female cockapoo. On the second day I noticed blood on her stool, so immediately we took her to the vet. She had parasites and the vet said that we brought her just in time because the parasites had no eggs “yet”. We put our little girl on the correct treatment and two weeks later she was fine. Her ears were very dirty and she was NOT potty trained. She is now healthy and very sweet. But it really makes me angry and SAD to think that the dogs are not being cared for. Parasites are not a joke!!!!

I also had a conversation with someone else who bought a puppy from Greenfield Puppies and her dog ALSO HAD PARASITES!!!! On the website there is a warranty of good health and vaccines and deworming. But it is NOT TRUE. My puppy didn’t have any vaccinations. I am glad she is healthy, physically and mentally and spiritually. But I can’t denied that I often wonder with sadness in my heart if all these dogs are coming from a puppy mill and I can only imagine the conditions they live in. I sometimes have difficulty sleeping thinking of my furry daughter's mother and brothers and sisters (I never saw her parents when we went to pick her up). The people in Pensilvania need to truly understand that these dogs, puppies have real lives and that they are sentient beings, capable of feeling love, pain, and sadness. They are not merchandise. And their health should be a priority.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greenfield Puppies?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I got my Mini Australian Shepherd 3 weeks ago from David the breeder listed on Greenfield Puppies. Magic had giardia and ear mites! This was the first time that I bought a dog. All of my other dogs are rescue dogs and they never had any health problems. When you buy a dog, make sure that the owner gets a stool test and a complete overall test! The treatment for Magic cost us around $350!

Hello Fabienne,

I am very sorry to hear about this puppy having a parasite. Because you purchased the puppy from a breeder in a state that protects you with a puppy lemon law, the breeder must reimburse you the cost of the treatment not to exceed the price of the puppy. To receive the reimbursement you just would need to provide copies of the vet bills showing these results and that will suffice. Please contact the breeder or contact us at info@greenfieldpuppies.com and we can help. Thank you and we look forward to solving this situation.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We adopted our mini-bernedoodle last month in Strasburg, PA. We had previously visited the farm and 2 others found on the Greenfield web site. At the time we were focused on the puppies and their temperament and look. Since our son fell in love with 1 we decided to put a deposit down and come back a few weeks later. After further research we realized that this breeder and many others on the web site don’t have the parent dogs as pets. We don’t know how they get them. They also breed multiple types of dogs which is a huge red flag.

Our puppy, who we did wind up adopting, lived outside in a large shed with his siblings. We don’t know that he ever saw the inside of a home. We had him vet checked the next day and his stool sample came back positive with Giardia which came from their farm and likely dirty water he drank. I found another family who adopted from our breeder last summer and had the same issue and spent hundreds of dollars on Giardia treatment. She did say the breeder reimbursed her.

I have sent away for genetic and health testing just in case we were sold an unhealthy pup. Now, he is a good puppy, mostly healthy overall and likes to cuddle, he does the typical puppy behavior stuff like nipping. Our trainer informed us that buying from Greenfield is a huge no as they’re basically a Craig’s List for dogs with little oversight. I’m sad we didn’t try harder but we’d never return our puppy now that our kids are quite attached.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Who & why.. Greenfield Puppies is only an advertising service for mostly if not all Amish. They take cute pictures & do a nice write-up. This is the easy new way for Amish to make money to sustain their farms. I found the conditions sad for collie puppies, that never saw the indoors of a house. They did have a fair size 10x15 area to play surrounded with chicken wire attached to chicken coop. Unfortunately the play area had small strips of plastic/nylon feed bag strewn in their pen. With nothing to play with, they played with these tiny nylon strips easily could chew & eat them. They had no access to indoor shelter for protection. The food & water in their dishes sat in the sun & was old filthy & unfit. Adult dog food being fed to puppies.

Most Amish do not care about animals or how they are treated. Animals only serve as a purpose to make easy money or farm use. On the news, Amish man was charged for animal abuse, he whipped the horse until it fell over & died from exhaustion pulling a buggy. While I was there I saw a young child torture a pup, I was shocked the mother never corrected the child while the pup was screaming & wailing. The kid was downright mean. I guess they consider that socializing the pup. Vet was coming to check puppies & I had to leave, but was allowed to come back after he left. Apparently she didn't want me to meet the vet. I was told however, one pup had a heart murmur, & she reduced the price $100 for that one. I wanted to take one, but I felt after spending plenty of time there & seeing conditions there may be health problems as I have read from others. What if they ate the nylon/plastic strips or anything else.

Before you buy research Lancaster puppy mills. I have researched in the past state kennel licenses, some were reported to having close to 100 pups at any one time. Get copies of the vet records & try talk to someone. Or better yet don't buy from them if you can't check & double check. Ask a lot of questions & re-ask the same questions. I'm sure there may be some good breeders but I think there are more risks than a reputable breeders. I grew up on a farm so didn't expect pet shop experience, but I did expect pups would have access to indoor area. At least hay or straw to lay on, if not a blanket with clean water & food. I saw no care or effort put into these poor puppies.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I purchased my King Charles Cavalier Puppy from Amos ** in Honey Brook, PA in March 2019. Beauty "Beau" has been a wonderful addition to our family and we are considering adding another King Charles to our family. Our breeder was easy to communicate with and was willing to accommodate our schedule. When we arrived, we were welcomed by the family and introduced to the puppies. Beau had a hernia, which Amos quickly pointed out to me. He took the time to explain the warranties and other important information. He stressed the importance of a happy customer. I wanted to share my experience in order to support family breeding puppies. I would return to this breeder to purchase my next puppy.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I was looking for a certain breed and Greenfield Puppies had what I was looking for. They were the only place with that breed. The puppy choosing process was very easy and they were really helpful in getting my puppy to where I needed her to be. Receiving her has brought so much joy to my life.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I always wanted a Malshipoo. I wanted a small breed and I continued looking online at different sites. It took me about two months to really decide. I narrowed it down to a few others, but Greenfield Puppies was the one that I ended up going with. They had the best quality that I saw. They had certified breeders and it was an easy access to get them. A lot of places didn't ship where I needed it to be and Greenfield shipped puppies as well so they were the best site for us at that point.

Getting the puppy delivered to me was extremely easy. After I contacted the breeder on Greenfield, they told me to go onto Greenfield Puppies Shipping. I contacted them and got an email within less than 24 hours. They also explained the process to me and they said to just follow the process. They also contacted me before they booked the flight. Once I was ready to pick it up, it was very easy. My car went to the cargo place and picked him up. Then Greenfield Shipping followed up after to see how the process was. My experience with Greenfield Puppies was fantastic.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We found the puppy, a Cavalier King Charles, and Greenfield was representing the owner/breeder of the dog. We went with them and the experience was excellent. I’ve sent an email back thanking them for a great job. We were under pressure to get the dog shipped in a hurry because we were departing on a vacation in a motor home, and they were able to get everything done and fit in to our schedule. From the time we chose to get the dog and made all of the arrangements, it took place within 10 days and we had the dog in our hands. He is a fantastic dog. We got very, very lucky. He is five months old and he’s actually touched the ground in 11 different states already. He’s a great traveler.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I have been looking for a puppy Doberman Pinscher and I found one at Greenfield puppies and the breeder was Jacob, a Amish man. When we went there the puppies were in a barn and they looked nothing like the pictures that they advertised but I fell in love with one so we brought her home. Paid a lot of money for her. When I got home took her to the vet. He's got dandruff. Her nails were very bad and some were even broken. Her ears were filthy. She had other dog bites on her leg. She was not trained. I just believe that if you going to buy a puppy they could at least take care of them.

Original review: July 26, 2019

My husband and I had recently gotten married and we knew we were looking for a Miniature Goldendoodle. And all the breeders around us were either out of our budget or had several of their litters already hooked up for the future. So, we were looking for a puppy that was available for us. Greenfield was excellent. They had lots of puppies to choose from, and all the information was available. All the breeders that we talked to were able to answer all of our questions immediately, and they were knowledgeable about the breed. My parents have several puppies, so we know a little bit about the breed.

We got two puppies from Greenfield, and they were both about 13 weeks old. One’s named Gadget, and one’s named Link. The vet said they were in perfect health when we got them, and they have great temperament. They’re very friendly with dogs and other people. They’re at home with my parents now with other dogs and they’re all having a great old time. We shipped both dogs with Greenfield, and the process to pay for the dog and everything else were very streamlined. And they did excellent follow-up with us just to make sure that we were satisfied. It went so well my parents bought one from them, too.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I was reading reviews online and Greenfield had good ones. They also had quite a variety of breeders and they had what we were looking for. We got a Bich-poo and he's great. Finding him was very easy and purchasing was a seamless process. My questions were answered and I felt like I was supported. They were great. Aside from that, having the puppy has increased our quality of life and we’re happy. I have even made many recommendations and I feel like Greenfield should have a referral program or something for us.

Original review: July 17, 2019

So I recently got an Australian Shepherd puppy named Daisy, (born name Delilya). She was in Quarryville, PA and Malinda ** was the breeder. So here I am thinking I have a nice healthy loving puppy, and come to find out she’s had a major infection in her mouth with what appears to be a broken tooth sticking out of her gums, making them bruised and extremely swollen. So I decided to go back on the site and try to find more information, and all I found was Delilya (female) and Donut (male) with each other’s description with the wrong photos.

Now I have NO idea if she’s had ANY shot, let alone an exam by a vet. So here’s where it actually gets worse, I tried calling the vet, Dr. Tom **, to see if he could provide me more information about her exam and I’ve yet to hear back from him. And this is a vet that lost his license years ago for animal cruelty. I’m sick to my stomach and no one wants to answer my call, or return my calls. I wouldn’t recommend this breeder to anyone. I can only imagine how many other puppies are in sickly situation from the lack of care they received. STAY AWAY PEOPLE.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I found Greenfield Puppies online and I thought they were good. During the process of choosing the puppy, they were excellent. I got a Cockapoo and Greenfield shipped it to me. It was great adding the puppy to my family. I love her.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I did a Google search for the Cockapoo breed I was looking for, and Greenfield Puppies had a lot on there. My puppy was 13 weeks by the time he made it home, and he is named Link. I picked him out on the website, and he was the last one available that was a boy. He is incredible. It was a pretty good experience, but I would have liked it better if I could have paid my deposit through PayPal or something like that through the actual Greenfield website.

If Greenfield had their own payment system, then it would have made me feel so much safer as a consumer. There was a moment where I had called the breeder, and she said that Link was their last dog. She said we could start doing the payment through the mail. And then, she called me back within an hour and said she had this other person who really wants him. And if I couldn't give them the payment over the phone, then they were gonna pass us up and give it to him. But that was not Greenfield's fault. That was the breeder.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I found a Bernese Hound dog on the Greenfield Puppies website and I contacted them on how to get the dog to Utah. They were great in explaining the process. Having the dog in our family has been great too.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I read the reviews about Greenfield and I got a Cockapoo from them. I'm from the West Coast and there was a lot paperwork over the internet. The whole being shipped over was interesting as well and I've never done that before. But they walked me through it and I was able to talk to the breeder. Everybody stayed in contact with me and I had an awesome experience. Also, having my puppy has been very calming and soothing. Pets have their own energy of therapy, so it doesn't matter what day you're having. They're always having a good day, so they change your day. I 100% recommend Greenfield and I've got a couple people on my work that are looking into ordering from them, too.

Original review: June 8, 2019

On our recent trip to PA we stopped home that had a sign for Cavapoo puppies. We stopped and were met by Martha **. She was a Cavapoo breeder. She introduced us to the mother and father and had us view the new puppies. They were beautiful as we already have a Cavapoo, 2 year old. We thanked her and left. We thought about the puppies and went back the next day and fell in love with Oreo Cream. We explained that we were staying a distance away and would like to pick him up on our way home to Connecticut. Martha agreed to keep him until pickup on Sunday morning. We arrived, did all the paperwork. Martha gave us a bag of food and we left, later giving her a call to tell her we made it home and Oreo now Hudson was doing fine and thanking her again.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I purchased my 10 week old Maltese from the Peachey family in Lykens, PA on 5/27/19.. I drove 3 hours for this little one. My puppy on 6/1/19 has been admitted to the intensive care unit for Parvo. My heart is now broken. Not only is this costing my family and I 10,000$ to bring him back to life basically..but it’s cost us our emotional health. The website promises a healthy pup for 30 days. I haven’t even had him for a week. I’ve contacted the website and the breeder. The breeder just said “Sorry to hear that.” Still waiting back from Greenland... They need to do a better job screening these families.

When I picked up my pup he was caged with his brother and the cage was filled with feces. The breeder didn’t even know if he was a toy Maltese or not. I’m so upset about this situation but at the same time happy to have saved this puppy from such a terrible home and environment. Stay away from this website, you’re better off coughing up extra money and buying a pup from the mall.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We purchased a new puppy from Moses ** on April 10th. He provided us with a wonderful choice of new puppies. Everyone had been freshly bathed and all were very playful. We picked out a Shiapoo from his selection and took our new dog home. We were very pleased with Mr. ** and his establishment. It is a wonderful place to purchase a healthy puppy. I would recommend his establishment to all who are in the market for a new puppy.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had bought my puppy thinking he was up to date on his vaccines at 18 weeks old. David did get his rabies vaccination the morning that I picked him up. He had only 2 vaccines prior to this. After emails and phone call leaving messages. David didn't respond to me until I threatened to report him. The puppy also had a double ear infection. David said he would make things right, and he never did. I purchased the puppy on March 15th. It is now May 18th. I still haven't heard from David. He sold me a sick not up to date with his vaccines puppy. His name is David **. He lives at **. His phone # is **. His website makes claims that aren't truth. I wouldn't recommend buying a puppy from him.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Greenfield had the type of puppy that we wanted available immediately. The other breeders that I looked at was gonna be a longer wait time. We got a Mini Bernedoodle, and we had a good experience. There was a little bit lacking in terms of communication with the breeder. Otherwise, everything went really well. I would recommend Greenfield.

Original review: May 15, 2019

They claim to be against and work against puppy mills but they sure don't try very hard. A quick search of one of the breeders turned up the following on page one of Google: Fredericksburg, Ohio: *****; Warned three times within one year about unsafe/wire flooring; excessive feces, unsanitary conditions. This website offers nothing other than a phone number. They don't offer a website and say that they MAY visit breeders personally. What a joke.

Greenfield Puppies response

Mr Higgins, Could you please respond and provide us with the name of this individual breeder so we can look into this. We take as many necessary steps as possible to ensure the quality of the breeders we work with. We thank you for your feedback but would like more detailed info so we can investigate. Thank you, sir.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I like the fact that Greenfield does not chip or neuter or spay their puppies. I like the fact that the puppies are from families and not puppy mill, especially the Labradoodle that I got. It was very easy to choose a puppy on their website. I love that they fly the puppies because we live in Palm Springs and the puppy came from Pennsylvania. So, to fly the puppy here was beautiful. Thank you Greenfield for bringing my baby into my life.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We saw the ad for Greenfield Puppies and saw a Shih TZU. We called the breeder and drove over 5 hours to see the puppy but needed to stay in a hotel overnight so went back the next morning. We took the pup to the vet over a week later cause that is the first we could get in with the vet. I was pretty sure the pup was deaf but the vet confirmed it. We have tried to deal with the breeder after spending $900 and a night in the motel and vet bills. Did not know we were getting a deaf pup. The breeder Elam and Anna Mary from Stevens Pa have just been giving us the runaround. We could take the pup to Cornell to be looked at but our vet did a super job of different things to check the hearing. Be careful. Of course the longer we have the pup we know we have to find a trainer for deaf dogs. Greenfield told us to deal with the breeder first. SURE.

Greenfield Puppies response

Esther, our representative you originally dealt with will be reaching out again. Our understanding is this was being handled accordingly by the breeder. In cases where breeders are no fulfilling their responsibilities, we will intervene on your behalf.

Original review: May 11, 2019

It was pretty easy to find a puppy with Greenfield Puppies. I was looking for a specific breed, a Mini Bernedoodle. I just searched through the puppies, picked what I like and discussed it with the breeder. There were six puppies available and I liked her the best. She made me happy.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I purchased an AKC German Shepherd. In the last year alone, my beautiful shepherd has been nothing but sick. Has a peanut allergy and tested positive for celiac disease. In less than 2 years this dog has cost me over 16K. He screams and cries every time I have to put the medicine in his ears. He has nothing but hot spots and can't stop gnawing at his skin. If I had the heart I would put him down. Thanks Greenfield. Adopted in PA, name was Big Red at the time.

Hello Jody,

Thank you for making us aware of the situation with your pet, we are sad to hear he is having allergy issues. It is my understanding that this condition is able to be controlled by a Gluten Free diet and is not a hereditary illness, so hopefully, that helps if he is not already on that diet. If there is anything we can do to be of further assistance please contact us, we are here to help.

Greenfield Puppies Company Information