Find a Pet Care partner

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Frontline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: July 6, 2021

I rescue animals of all kinds. I put Frontline Plus on my five small dogs and the fleas are still all over them. This was wasted money that I can’t afford on a limited income. This product is expensive and for it not to work is a waste! I am on disability, since I can’t work a normal job I started an animal rescue. It gives me purpose. I will no longer recommend your products to those ask my advice. The cost is outrageous for a product that doesn’t work!

Original review: May 13, 2021

I used Frontline plus for cats for about 6 months, my cat started having seizures, and twitching back issues, for at least 3 months before I realised it may be the flea treatment. Since stopping he has been perfectly fine. My other cat died, sudden breathing difficulties at the same time. The vet said he had heart failure, not sure if this might have been related though.

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I applied this to my dogs for many years, and so did the shelter where they lived. They eventually got cancer and I'm uncertain if it's related to Frontline. They lived a very active life even to the end and had the highest quality dog food. One of the dog's cancer became prone to seizures. I noticed after time that he'd have a seizure within a day of applying Frontline. I stopped giving it to him and he never had another seizure.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My cat has got sores on her tummy after administering this killer product. She stopped eating, and was not herself after applying this product. She his now on antibiotics and ** for her sores. I BEG YOU PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR CAT. It will do more harm than good. It might kill fleas, plus kill your cat as well.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

In May of 2019, I used Frontline on my beloved 13-year-old cat NeiNei. Within hours she could no longer stand up fully or walk straight. She fell over constantly, lost her appetite, and the once happiest little girl in the world was looking lost and upset. I called the vet immediately, and we agreed to monitor her. The vet was unaware of Frontline causing neurological issues and attributed the situation more to her age (13). I know she was happy and playful before I applied the Frontline, and yet only hours after she was on her way out. I never believed it was a coincidence, and I still blame myself for applying the flea treatment.

About a week after the incident, NeiNei was getting worse with each day, and was telling me it was her time. I raised her since she was a small kitten and I knew it was time to call the vet over. The vet came to my home and examined her. She had lost so much weight and couldn't walk anymore. I would have carried her anywhere she needed to go, but it was becoming obvious NeiNei wouldn’t have made it through that night. The vet and I helped her cross the bridge while she was laying in her favorite spot of sun while I whispered her name and that I loved her. My heart has been broken every single day since. I’ve always had cats, but I’ve never had a cat like NeiNei. My best friend in the entire world was killed by Frontline. I just really miss her still.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Please do NOT use this product on small animals. My enigmatic, fun loving, energetic Yorkshire Terrier Aged 10, who won prizes for his wagging tail has died after using Frontline flea product (measured for weight) with Toxic Lymphoma. First dose ever end August 2020 caused lymph nodes to swell to 4cm diameter and organ failure, died 4.44am 1st November 2020. RIP. Tragically Unfair. Please note 1 star is minimum, I wish to portray none. Please adjust Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

After using Frontline Plus for cats during the last week of August 2019 our beloved cat Annie died on September 1, 2019. He organs literally shut down and there was no reviving her. This product is toxic and lethal! If you are wondering why I waited to write a review the simple fact is I was too upset and I blamed myself for using it. Until recently I could not even look at her photos without crying. Our Maine Coon Andy, Annie's brother survived although he had minor side effects. He too grieved for months after her passing. Frontline Plus should not even be sold! It is toxic! It is lethal! Frontline Plus will kill your cats!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Do not give your pets for a night. I I had a nine-year-old Shih Tzu and this product killed him. He started having seizures and tremors in the barely walk and then stop eating and then stop drinking and died. I gave him his medication August 18. He started acting funny around the 20th. Seizures that the vet was no help. He died today September 5 at four in the morning. This company needs to be exposed. Do not give your dogs this stuff. Do not give your kids the stuff. It is poison. They killed my dog. This is crazy. My dog was perfectly healthy before I gave him this and regardless of what warnings on the box if you know and all these people are complaining you have lost pets why are they still in business?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

The vet prescribed this because they would not sell me bravado until I made a well check appointment, I understand that but now my cat has lost 6 pounds and isn't doing great. So another appt to come for her. I am absolutely angry about it and am feeling guilty because I put it on her and now watch her diminish slowly in front of me. I'm hoping she will bounce back. She is an outside cat and energetic usually now she is in the house most of the time sleeping. I don't want to lose my cat. I'm not ready for that. She was my mom's the first 5 yrs of her life before my mom passed away. So NEVER AGAIN will I use this. She is still young to me and has many more years to come. I hope we can turn this around for her.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

This is 3 days after the second application, the first application was 30 days ago and this morning I removed 6 more ticks. I removed 12 yesterday. I did not know or suspect any insect infestation on the dog until I cut her hair. The complaint desk tried to up-sale me onto Nexgard which requires a veterinarian prescription. They will refund purchase price if I have proof of purchase. I will replace the bed and use a valid tick insecticide on the downstairs.

Frontline Company Information