1.02/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Frontline

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Frontline Reviews

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I have treated my 4 cats over 4 months & continue to find fleas. We have followed protocols for flea treatment of our home as recommended by our vet. Seresto collars seem better, but they cause scratching & hair loss at neck. I will admit the collars seem to be more effective, but our vet now is recommending **. I think the fleas are just becoming resistant. These are indoor cats, no less. We are very frustrated & concerned for our fur babies' welfare.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Started using Frontline Plus 2 years ago. At one stage I was using it every two weeks. It just doesn't work, my 3 cats are infested and so is my house. When I complained to the the company they sent me a questionnaire to fill out - I filled it out and they replied rather flippantly- saying they are picking them up from outside. Before that I was using Advantage but was buying it from the chemist but at £27 for 3 pipettes it was too expensive - but it worked. My cats are 15, 15 and 16 years old and I don't really want to keep stressing them out with fortnightly defleaing, hoovering several times a day and bathing in cat shampoo which they all hate) so I'm now trying Advantage again and getting it a lot cheaper online - hope this works.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I contacted them to tell them I’ve got fleas for months now and been using product for years. They only try to tell me how to bomb and clean my house. I told them I’m diligent with my Dyson vac and clean every day! They told me to keep using the frontline. It will work. After two ear hematomas and an abscess to my little dog leg I found out he’s suffering from a flea allergy and of course it’s costed me!! Finally the doctor's office told me that Frontline Plus hasn’t worked for a couple years now and they prescribed NexGard which I found is from this same lying company. But I used it because I was desperate and within a week he’s better and stopped shaking his head and scratching. Still to doctor's office told me to use nexgard only as needed (Not monthly) because it isn’t good for your pet.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I purchased Frontline for my cat, from a Walmart store in Hamilton, NJ. My cat was a very loving cat, very playful, wake me up every morning, and just a part of my family. I applied Frontline on my cat on Thursday night, 10/3/19. On early Monday morning 10/7/19, all of a sudden, my cat's body began to start jumping, flipping, and he started to shake and seizure. His chest began to jump, and his heart began to race extremely fast, and then he died on us. After being in complete shock, an emotional wreck, and angry, I decided to contact Frontline and let them know what their product killed my cat. The person that I spoke to, asked me a few questions, gave me a reference number, and told me that someone will contact me asap.

Today is Friday, 10/11/19, and I have yet to receive a call from anyone. These people have no remorse, or care about our animals, yet they sell these deadly products. We spend our hard earn money, buying these costly products to help our pets, and these products are now killing them. I am totally devastated, and miss my cat so very much. I feel sorry that I didn't try a different Flea and Tick brand this time, because I read a few reviews with concerns about the formula changing, but I just thought that it wasn't true. :-(

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Bought Frontline plus. It didnt work so I called frontline to complain and the lady on the phone was so rude. Didnt even offer to give me a refund or anything. Dont trust this company. They say 100% guaranteed. That's false.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I have always used Frontline on my dogs and it's done very well, until this year. I feel like I'm wasting my money and my dogs are paying the price. Poor little guys are miserable. I see no decrease in the fleas and I'm trying to find other ways to treat them. I am not getting what I'm paying for! What a disappointment. I will be switching to something else in the future.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I am going to keep this simple September - 2017 I took my German Shepard to the vet for a routine Blood! He had skin issues. September - 2017 - The blood work came back. Went through it all. Everything all was fine. I Used Frontline. MY DOG HAD SEIZURES and DIED! I never thought of this because this was the only thing different was flea and tick (vet prescribed).

Frontline KILLED my DOG. That was the only thing done differently. Feel free to contact me for any information because this dog was fine when I then you can never forget **. Read everything about flea and tick. It is pesticides. Most is not FDA approved and veterinarians keep giving it out. Two years almost to the day, (IT'S SEPT 2019) and I’m still not over it. My friend was looking up flea and ticks and I came across what is FDA approved and what can happen.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I found ticks on my dog and used Frontline Plus on my dog. It has been over a week, and I pulled two more (attached) ticks off of him last night. This product did not work at all. It was expensive and a complete waste.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I called the company at 1-800-660-1842 because after 13 years of using Frontline Plus monthly on my 2 older dogs, my dogs have fleas. (I also used this same product on my other dogs for years prior.) Their customer service representative explained to me the life cycle of the flea and how the medicine works multiple times (which I was told that I obviously didn't understand) and the change in weather conditions, as if I'm ignorant and the weather hasn't changed at all in 13 years.

The customer service representative told me I didn't understand the product. She may be right about that, but, even with my ignorance, I have managed to keep the fleas at bay for 13 years! It doesn't keep fleas off (I agree), and they have to bite the animal & may live for 14 hours after that (I also agree)....judging the number of fleas on my dog, he must have just jumped into a bed of fleas & returned to it multiple times just to make sure he was sufficiently covered. I thought I had no reason to check for fleas since he was being treated regularly...so imagine my surprise! The product has a stamp on it saying "satisfaction guaranteed." However, you must prove that you purchased the product & used it for 3 months consecutively. So, do you send them an empty box with a receipt? How do they know you've actually used it?

Not only that, but they also asked for proof of administration over the last 3 months for my 2 dogs & 2 indoor cats (which I can't provide because we haven't had our rescue cat for 3 months yet), and we use a different product for the cat. Surprisingly, our indoor cats do not have fleas, nor do we. Also, I don't always drive to the vet to pick up this particular product since it is readily available at many different locations now. (My vet's office is about 30 minutes away.) I made a road trip to the vet as soon as I determined the dogs were covered & picked up a recommended oral tablet. Magically, the fleas were gone, dead, within a few hours!

I recommended the company check the lot (which she recorded) & offered to send my remaining 2 doses out of 6 to be checked for active medicine (she rejected the offer). They are obviously not concerned whether or not they're selling a quality product or one that MAY have no active medicine or less than the amount listed in the ingredients. Needless to say, I won't be buying that product again. She (the representative) convinced me it was a useless product and a waste of money! (Other information: we live on a few acres of land so there's not close contact with other animals, only occasional animals passing through.)

FYI: Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim. **this is also on their website.** BI is a manufacturer of many human meds --- hopefully they're more concerned about their human consumers than they are their "pets" "New human just brought home FRONTLINE Plus. See ya never, fleas and ticks. #GameChanger" -- this is quote from their website! #yeah, right!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Frontline just doesnt work. I didn't even see a decrease in the amount of fleas in both my cat or dog. I'm on a very tight budget so to spend $135 on the medicine for it to not work is heartbreaking because I cannot buy another brand until I have saved up the money again. They won't refund. I just can't believe that companies like this can just get away with selling products that don't work, it is disgusting.

Frontline Company Information