1.02/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Frontline

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Frontline Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

I can't be so displeased with this product. My Scottie has had developed skin irritation and it has been over month and she has lost almost all her hair. Her hair started to grow back but she has been chewing and scratching her skin and it hurts for me to see her suffer. I have a boy dog also but he was not affected by this medication. I wish I never have used this product for my girl dog.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2015

My cat Jazzy after using this product had intensive scratching that led to bald spots and vomiting. If you feel as passionate as I do about your babe's please do not use this product. I tried to call Frontline and they had no answers for me. But I did get a case number.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I recently purchase 2 lots of 6 applications of Frontline Plus to keep my 2 cats free of fleas. The results have been unacceptable - useless in other words. I have been using the product for year. My cats are kept inside and not exposed to other animals and have never had fleas until I recently moved. No response from the manufacturers even after 2 telephone calls. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU EXPECT TO KILL FLEAS. I'm trying Purina Total Care. After 3 days, it seems to be working.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2015

As far as the product itself it appears to work as it should. The other day while preparing to put on my dogs I set the product container down on my dresser. The vial was leaking and got on my dresser. I hadn't noticed and in a while I came back and saw that it had dissolved through the finish on my dresser. I tried to wipe off but the chemical reaction caused it to become sticky and ruined the top of my dresser. I called Frontline to see if they had any explanation as to why this occurred and they could not offer any explanation. Nevertheless, it has left me wondering what this could be doing to my dogs!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

This is the second time using your product. It's crap. Do you only use it to keep little green men away in America, i.e. men from Mars. Won't be touching it again. Our dog does not deserve this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

I've used Frontline Plus for three years now. But when I purchased my last batch, the product did not work. My cat is covered with fleas and is suffering. I applied the new Frontline three months in a row. The first month, fleas were gone for about a week. The second and third month, the fleas didn't go away at all. I can't apply Advantage until the end of the month. Meanwhile, my cat has stopped being affectionate and constantly scratches and shakes his fur.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

LUBBOCK, TX Resident wonders why Frontline hasn't not been pulled off LOCAL the shelves? Please SPREAD THE WORD so others do not have to continue to suffer! 16 HOURS after application with NO IMPROVEMENT. Not only did Frontline NOT WORK, ONCE I APPLIED Frontline made our oldest pup completely pass out. Then our second younger pup started not acting himself, staring off into space, then passed out, falling asleep, only to wake up the next day in the same amount of infestation. PETS are still infested and it says to only apply such product once every 30 days. WHY??? I am really concerned causing me distress if reapplication of an alternative product is going to hurt my dogs.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Always used Frontline as recommended by my vet but this year it did not work. Went to Pets At Home and asked the vet. There she told me that the fleas have became immune to the product and recommend Advantage which worked immediately. Why are they still allowed to sell Frontline? It's fraud.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

I have had my cat for 10 years, he is an indoor cat. Last summer I used Frontline on my baby. A month later he began scratching and biting his hair out in big patches. He got better a few months later and I thought it was just where he had made his way outside and got fleas. And now this year when I treated him once again with Frontline here he is again, bald and scabby all over. I just cry and cry every time I look at him. He is a big part of our family and this is so heartbreaking. I see many others have had the same problem once I got online researching it. Can we not start a class action LAWSUIT against Frontline? I'm sorry but he is like a child to us and it hurts me so to see him suffer like this over a medication that is suppose to protect Him, not HARM him!!! I am attaching a photo of him before Frontline and one after... Now you tell me how cruel this medication is to our fur babies...

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

Pretty expensive. But it is not working. Fleas are jumping not dying. Wasted money. Frontline Plus for cats for fleas and ticks. Now what can I do without poisoning my cat!!! And our family and home.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

We went on vacation for 10 days and my mom bought Frontline from Costco - a pack of 6 for $60, a great price! She applied it to our kitty the first day we were gone (and she's very adept at it, having had dozens of dogs and cats over and the years) which was July 27th. At this point, Scratchy didn't have any fleas (that we knew of) as she's an indoor cat. We bought Frontline to protect her from potentially getting fleas from my mom's dog Bubbles, who is basically an indoor dog, but goes outside for walks. Bubbles had a few fleas, but apparently it was under control. She gets groomed and also my mom purchased Advantage at a local feed store where they sell other pet items. WELL... those fleas jumped onto poor Scratchy and despite the application of Frontline, we've been combing approximately 100+ fleas off of her DAILY. Sometimes more hatch in the afternoons and she's got another 25 or so after a FULL combing!

The eggs come off into the little container I place the fleas into, which has a mixture of water, ammonia and a little soap. The fleas die immediately and there is flea dirt and blood... it's disgusting! We have a fairly small apartment so we've vacuumed but now it's time to bomb the house, something I wanted to avoid. I'm VERY disappointed that a major company would trick consumers into buying a well known brand name like this just because of its name. Did they think no one would notice? Do they not care about all the poor cats and dogs who are suffering because of their greediness or their mistake? Either way, they should cop to it and do a MAJOR RECALL of the most recent products. Otherwise, no one will buy from them again. I know I won't, and I'll tell everyone I know. Please do not buy Advantage not only this year, but any year because you never know what you're going to get!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

For years, we have used Frontline Plus on both our Scotties. We had them vaccinated against Lyme disease and both had their booster shots. Today, August 14th, we took our Scotties to the vet because Bonnie was limping. She was diagnosed with Lyme disease. You can draw your own conclusions about its effectiveness against Lyme infected ticks. My opinion, it did not work and I'll be looking for an alternative medication.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

I have used Frontline before and it worked on both my dog and cats. This year the results have been horrible. The product seemed to work for less than a week and now all my animals are reinfested with fleas. My son is even diligent in flea combing the kittens but to no avail. I will no longer purchase this product. My vet even said that Advantage was the better product. Too bad I did not know that before I bought Frontline.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

Put Frontline on my 2-year old, perfectly healthy cat. Now, it is one week later and he has brown drool around his mouth, tongue flickering, and will not eat or drink! I am taking him to the vet. He is dehydrated, lethargic, third eyelids showing, shallow breathing, extremely weak. I will never use this product again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. In fact, if my Lucky dies, Frontline will hear from me! Whether they care or not. I hand nursed this cat for six weeks, every 2 to 4 hrs around the clock because his mother abandoned him. He was covered in ants, and he is totally deaf. Now, to have this happen is extremely upsetting! This little guy does not deserve this!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I have religiously used Frontline every year on my cats. Never had a problem with fleas, the medication did its job. Suddenly this year Frontline is not as effective as it has been in the past. I treated all 3 of my cats plus a new puppy and although the fleas have lessened they are still there. I vacuum daily, wash pet bedding weekly and have even used Knockout ES house spray. The fleas seem to be only on the pets as we never have fleas jump on us from carpet or furniture. I check the cat's bellies and "armpits" daily for flea dirt but only find it on their neck and tail areas. Why does the box say it can take up to 3 doses to become completely effective? It was never like this before. One dose and fleas were gone. I have one more dose to give before I can contact the company for a refund. If fleas are not gone by then I better get my $$ back.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

We used Frontline plus for cats and it did not work at all. We used it 2x and all it did was make our poor cat dig and bite more. Worse product I have ever used. My cat is and always has been an indoor cat. I want my money back for this worthless product. It was not cheap by no means. Please do not waste your $$$ on this crap.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I purchased Frontline products Plus for my cats trying to get rid of fleas. It states on the box that it is fast acting. The product absolutely doesn't work. My cats still have fleas and are paying the price for it. They are charging way too much for this product to not work. I have purchased advantage before within a 24 hour period to a week. Everything starts clearing up. I want my money back. I will never purchase this product again. One person called and followed their instructions and her cat is now dead. This happens to my animals I will be taking further action.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

Bought from BudgetPetCare online, for my dog and cat... DOESN'T WORK! Both are full of fleas. Contacted BudgetPetCare, said they would contact me and they didn't. I have given my dog three bath's with flea shampoo, done my carpet with flea spray three times, treated my yard twice. I have spent at least an extra $100 on all this stuff all because FRONTLINE DIDN'T WORK. JUST MORE PHONY CRAP ON THE MARKET THAT TAKES YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

Fleas are terrible this year. I've lived in New Mexico for over 23 years and have never seen one flea on my dogs. This year we have gotten a lot of rain.... especially for a desert state. And I have seen fleas on my dogs! The scary thing is that fleas can carry the plague and at least 10 dogs and cats in our area have contracted plague this summer and a 52 year old woman contracted the plague last month... and died! I just spent $50.00 and applied Frontline on my 3 dogs last week and today I found more fleas on them!! Argghhh! Frontline is supposed to be guaranteed to repel and kill fleas for up to 3 months with just one application!! But that is false advertising and false guarantee! Frontline Plus is a total waste of money!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

I have had a ten year old cat for 8 months. I used Frontline twice and it seemed to work. Now the fleas are out of control. I have found some that are "half dead" but as others have suggested, it definitely didn't work. I can't really give my cat a bath as she is old and unaccustomed but I am not sure what to do. We have washed everything and have very little carpet. I am even itchy and have flea bites although I have not caught any on me. I have found tons of black "pepper" or flea feces everywhere after washing everything. I am not sure if it's safe to apply another product on my poor kitty. I did catch her successfully licking herself and now I am worried she will be sick (luckily she is ok for now). I would love to know what to do next.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I adopted a shelter cat and put Frontline plus on him. The cat was itching and scratching continually as if the Frontline wasn't working. 5 days later I see fleas hopping off of him. I have not had an animal in this house for almost 2 years and do not have any problems with fleas. In the past, I tried Frontline on my cats and it didn't work so I went to Advantage which always did the trick. Against my better judgement I decided to try Frontline again and it doesn't seem to be working. My poor cat has allergic dermatitis because of flea bites now and I have to wait 3 weeks to switch to Revolution. Spent 56 dollars for nothing and company warranty is BS. Why would I continue to use a product that doesn't work for 2 more months in order to get my money back? Disgusted with this company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

Me and my husband bought Frontline Plus for my little dog and one cat. Well I gave my animals a bath. Dried them off completely and applied Frontline like instructed me to and I waited a day hoping I wouldn't see any fleas. I'm not satisfied with Frontline at all. They both still had bunches of fleas so I thought ok wait and reply next month. Did that and still they both had fleas all over and they itched so bad so I'm a little upset. I have a family and we can't afford to waste $80 on something that does nothing to prevent them or kill them, so basically I will never waste my money again on Frontline and if anyone ask my opinion it will be don't waste your money on Frontline. Very disappointed in the product.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I bought Frontline as my vet had recommended it, and it worked for about a week. I did not find any Fleas except dead ones when I combed. BUT just recently I have noticed on the back of my American Staffy's neck, just above his shoulders a patch of missing hair and a sore about 15 cm x 6 cm where I had put the liquid. The sore looks very painful and is very itchy when touched. It is oozing and hair just falls out when touched! On top of that the fleas are BACK with a vengeance! I will not be using again!

Original review: July 31, 2015

I don't usually write reviews but I really want people to know that Frontline Plus is extremely dangerous. I gave it to my German Shepherd, a 55-pound dog. In within two and a half hours, he died - went into convulsions, was drooling, couldn't stand up, throwing up. I couldn't even get him to a vet fast enough. Very bad product, please do not use it.

Original review: July 31, 2015

I have put many treatments on my dog in the past and a few days ago I had put the new dose needed, and 2 days later my dog was covered in fleas and it was so hard to deal with! I talked to my vet and they said they are having many complaint about the product this year that it doesn't seem to be working anymore plus I have been told this by other pet owners! I know you have to give a star but I was I didn't because they should have 0 and 1 I am more than angry!!

Original review: July 28, 2015

Do you love your pet? Then don't use Frontline, Advantage, or Advantix! Topical flea, tick, and de-worming products such as Frontline and Advantix are toxic to animals and need to be taken off the market. They are dangerously harming people's pets at an alarming rate. My purpose is to file a complaint to stop the administration of these products to pets, and to get the word out about these flea, tick, and de-worming products to prevent others from making the same uninformed mistake I did and unknowingly harm your dog. Dogs can have mild to extremely adverse effects to these products, including Frontline, in particular. Many products have different active ingredients, but they all work in similar and harmful ways. They are toxic and stay away from them!

Unfortunately, we were one of the dangerous and life-threatening cases after applying this stuff. Our German Shepherd, Schatzi, had an adverse reaction FOUR times to different brands of what is basically the same thing. The first time Schatzi became so lethargic she didn't eat or drink much for a few months. She slept ALL the time and didn't even bark when the doorbell rang (she ALWAYS barks!). Took her to the vet 3 different times about this and said they couldn't find anything wrong other than dehydration. I asked about a correlation with this product and they said NO WAY! Applied the product a 2nd time 6 months later, and noticed the same odd behavior and unsteadiness. The vet again said it couldn't be the topical we gave her and thought she was depressed from being lonely.

Gave Schatzi the 3rd dose about 6 months later because she was scratching so much. I thought she had fleas and the vets insisted it was safe. Within three hours, Schatzi had no control over her hind legs and was panicking and shaking uncontrollably. I will never forget the fear in her eyes. Took her to the emergency room. By the time we arrived, Schatzi could walk but was not herself. The Vet did thorough blood work and found nothing. I showed him the box of Frontline I applied and said over and over again I thought it was the cause of these problems, but he insisted it wasn't possible. He said the side effects included on the box was preventative and it would take such an extremely high dose to have any kind of reaction; it wasn't really possible.

A month later, we found our dog on the floor convulsing, foaming at the mouth, and completely paralyzed. She couldn't breathe and we thought we were watching her die. It was horrifying to witness. We calmed down enough to stop the convulsing and took her to the emergency room again. They admitted her into Intensive Care for a week! Tested and x-rayed her for possible meningitis or spinal tumor, but still found nothing wrong. Took Schatzi to a new vet who also insisted it couldn't be the topical, but my gut still knew otherwise. She gave us a different brand to use because it had different active ingredients and insisted it would be fine. I never used it, though, for fear of another adverse reaction.

A year later, which is now, Schatzi had her fourth topical treatment for flea, tick, and heartworm. We found several ticks on Schatzi, worms in her stool, and she was scratching a lot. I got out the Advantage Multi our vet sold us and insisted was safe, even for our dog who had severe reactions with Frontline, and applied it. Six hours later, we found Schatzi on the carpet seizuring, unable to move, and had no control over her bowls. I knew it was the Advantage Multi I put on her. This could not be a coincidence FOUR times!

Called the Advantage Emergency Hotline and she said they'd never heard of a reaction before and she couldn't tell me how to get this stuff off or what to do. She was only interested in the lot number on the Advantage box! I told her she should Google what this product is doing to people's pets. There are thousands of pet owners online complaining of these same adverse effects of these flea and tick products. We got Schatzi in the tub right away and shampooed as much of this out as we could (I know now to use liquid dish soap instead of shampoo because it's a better de-greaser to get this waterproof product off. These products start absorbing into the skin immediately, so time is of the essence. Once the Advantage Multi was removed, our dog became noticeably better.

Time will only tell if Schatzi will have residual complications from this as she has in the past. No one should be applying these toxic flea, tick, and worm prevention products to their pets, as it is toxic, can cause neurological damage, renal failure, skin disease, and even death. They are pesticides that are not safe for animal or human contact and need to be investigated.

Original review: July 28, 2015

Won't get rid of the fleas like they said it would. Have used it in the past, but won't again. After a day fleas are still making themselves at home on my cats... Hope they go bankrupt. My cats are worth than they are...

Original review: July 25, 2015

I used Frontline plus as a preventative for fleas before a litter of pups. Needless to say, somehow the pups had fleas at day 3. Because of the pups nursing I haven't been able to use another chemical brand, so all I've been able to do is try and control them through baths. At 4 weeks now my dog's hair starts falling off...even with baths every 3 days. Now I have to explain to people who are picking up pups why my dog looks mangy. Umm don't use Frontline is going to be my answer. I’m at a $110 loss on the stuff plus vet bills. I honestly don't see how they can keep selling it.

Original review: July 27, 2015

Got the Frontline for cats, put it on. 4 days later they still have fleas. Called the company, told them the cats still had fleas. After listing for 15 minutes I find out that the guarantee on the box is not right. They only cover if you use the product for 3 months, at 60$ (three doses) each month. That's a lot of money. If it didn't work the first (as it says on the box) why would anyone buy more? Frontline is a rip off. I'm going back to Advantage. I know it works (the first time).

Original review: July 26, 2015

I applied Frontline 3 weeks ago. Did not kill any fleas! I bought from my vet. Did everything exactly the way I was suppose to. Nothing happened. All my cats still have fleas. I bombed my house, washed beds, sprayed everything in my yard. So why do my cats still have fleas? I have been combing fleas off my cats everyday. No dead fleas on them. This stuff is worthless!! My cats do not even go outside. Will NEVER buy again. It is a waste of money!!

Frontline Company Information