1.06/5

352 Frontline Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 25, 2015

Very underwhelmed. I used to use Frontline Plus and it worked well but switched to Advantix because it doesn't work on mosquitoes. Went back to it this last month and my dogs still have fleas as well as me!!!! At least now. Just ridiculous that their customer satisfaction is not paramount. I'm going back to Advantix. Frontline used to cutting edge. Now it's not even marginally effective. Do not buy under any circumstances. Lesson learned.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I wish I had found all these reviews before wasting $40. I bought Frontline Plus for my dog because the store I went to didn't have any Advantix II, so I figured this was the next best thing (being the 2nd most expensive). It's been a week now and my dog still has fleas. She has welts and scratches all over her from the biting and itching. Now I'm fighting a flea war before it turns into an infestation, since I have to wait 3 more weeks before I can give her another treatment. Horrible product. Do not buy.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I treated my dog with Frontline plus & the product does not work. I treated her a week ago - now that are all on her. I called to take product back to Wal-Mart & they refuse to refund or exchange for Advantage. This is ridiculous & seem there is nothing being done about this product.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2015

Took my two cats today to the vet for a health certificate which involved getting Frontline. It went fine until 2 hours later. One of my cats went crazy, vomiting, frothing at the mouth and running into walls at full speed. It was horrible! I rushed her back to the vet and they placed her into a warm bath and washed off the Frontline chemical. The vet had told me they have never seen such a reaction to the product. They even called a rep from Frontline to come into the office. In the end all was fine, but I will NEVER, NEVER use this product on my cat again!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I have an 11 year old house cat. Somehow he got fleas. No other animals are indoors or outdoors. I have been faithfully applying Frontline plus for 3 to 4 years. It does not work! I also spray siphotrol premise spray. I am ready to scream with frustration. I only have one choice, switch to Advantage. What is the problem?

Rico scratches more one week after application than he did before the application.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I have cats & dogs. I applied Frontline Plus to them the 6th of Sept and they are COVERED in fleas!!! I have NEVER had this issue with my animals before. The cats are inside and never go out. What gives? Has this product changed? I would like my money refunded if so as it costs A LOT to flea treat my 5 fur babies.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

FrontLine Plus- Dogs 5-22lbs - I was unsatisfied with the product, so I called the number on the back of the box under the Satisfaction Guaranteed logo. I was then rudely told that since I had not foreseen this problem and saved the receipt from when I purchased the product, I was not eligible for the Satisfaction Guarantee. I will not be purchasing anymore Frontline products in the future, and I would not recommend it to anyone else.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I wish there was a zero star option. I have two cats, both 15 years old. We had a flea issue last year. Used Frontline, and the fleas were gone. This year, I am lucky if Frontline worked for more than 24 hours. One of my cats started getting bald spots from all the itching, but we were under the impression it was due to old age. Oh no. He is now severely anemic because the treatments to kill the fleas with Frontline was like blowing air on my cats' fur. I am combing and washing HUNDREDS of fleas off of him and his brother a DAY.

He is now skeletal in less than two weeks' time, running a fever off and on, and pouncing on water like he has never seen it before. I just rush shopped some Revolution Flea treatment. If my cat dies because of this, I will be suing. As it is, I am going to make sure everyone knows that this company is a pile of feces and I will never in my life buy from them again. I now have to beg forgiveness from my cat for not realizing all of this sooner. I will be part of your worst nightmare, Frontline. I guarantee you that.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I have used Frontline for years and I have loved it but the last 2 boxes I have got didn't work! Did you change your ingredients? My dogs still have fleas and I can't put anything else on them because I am scared it will hurt them since they already have medicine on! I guess next year we'll be trying something else...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

I have applied Frontline for two months in a row. My cats continue to have fleas. I comb every day and take tons of living fleas off them. I completely angry and upset at the same time. One of my cats seem to have the worst of it. He has all kind of scabs around his neck and when I comb him not only do I take off fleas but also dried blood. My oldest kitty is sick and I begin to wonder if it from the Frontline. Why do they tell you have to wait three months before you can file a complaint or dissatisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

I can't be so displeased with this product. My Scottie has had developed skin irritation and it has been over month and she has lost almost all her hair. Her hair started to grow back but she has been chewing and scratching her skin and it hurts for me to see her suffer. I have a boy dog also but he was not affected by this medication. I wish I never have used this product for my girl dog.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2015

My cat Jazzy after using this product had intensive scratching that led to bald spots and vomiting. If you feel as passionate as I do about your babe's please do not use this product. I tried to call Frontline and they had no answers for me. But I did get a case number.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2015

Early in the morning on July 13, 2013, after having given Rudy Frontline Plus the night before, he had a grand mal seizure. I was so scared and upset. I thought I was going to lose him then and there. After about 5 minutes, it seemed like an hour, he got up rather dazed and then seemed fine. I called the vet right away and got an appointment. Having some time, I went on the internet to research and found many articles on the side effects of Frontline Plus and many of the people reporting their pets had seizures. After many tests were done at the vets, all the results came back negative. I asked him if it could have been Frontline Plus that caused it. He said no as Frontline was a safe drug. He has since changed his mind. Well that day was just the start of the seizures.

One day in September on a Sunday, Rudy had 5 seizures in 3 hours. We took him to the Emergency Vet Hospital where they kept him overnight. The emergency vet called the next day and said Rudy was looking for us. Well we got him in the car and all he did was howl all the way home. Supposedly they gave him an overdose of the drug to control the seizures. So now we took him to our regular vet who also kept him overnight. He did have more seizures and the doctor put Rudy on Phenobarbital. He still had a few more seizures after that but they didn't appear to be as bad as the first one. His last seizure was on November 27, 2013. There were several episodes after that, where Rudy would have anxiety attacks. He would jump up, jump down, go in his kennel, come back out etc. The last one he had was on March 5, 2015. He is still on Phenobarbital twice each day but is much better than that terrifying day in July of 2013.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I recently purchase 2 lots of 6 applications of Frontline Plus to keep my 2 cats free of fleas. The results have been unacceptable - useless in other words. I have been using the product for year. My cats are kept inside and not exposed to other animals and have never had fleas until I recently moved. No response from the manufacturers even after 2 telephone calls. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU EXPECT TO KILL FLEAS. I'm trying Purina Total Care. After 3 days, it seems to be working.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2015

As far as the product itself it appears to work as it should. The other day while preparing to put on my dogs I set the product container down on my dresser. The vial was leaking and got on my dresser. I hadn't noticed and in a while I came back and saw that it had dissolved through the finish on my dresser. I tried to wipe off but the chemical reaction caused it to become sticky and ruined the top of my dresser. I called Frontline to see if they had any explanation as to why this occurred and they could not offer any explanation. Nevertheless, it has left me wondering what this could be doing to my dogs!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

This is the second time using your product. It's crap. Do you only use it to keep little green men away in America, i.e. men from Mars. Won't be touching it again. Our dog does not deserve this.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

I've used Frontline Plus for three years now. But when I purchased my last batch, the product did not work. My cat is covered with fleas and is suffering. I applied the new Frontline three months in a row. The first month, fleas were gone for about a week. The second and third month, the fleas didn't go away at all. I can't apply Advantage until the end of the month. Meanwhile, my cat has stopped being affectionate and constantly scratches and shakes his fur.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

LUBBOCK, TX Resident wonders why Frontline hasn't not been pulled off LOCAL the shelves? Please SPREAD THE WORD so others do not have to continue to suffer! 16 HOURS after application with NO IMPROVEMENT. Not only did Frontline NOT WORK, ONCE I APPLIED Frontline made our oldest pup completely pass out. Then our second younger pup started not acting himself, staring off into space, then passed out, falling asleep, only to wake up the next day in the same amount of infestation. PETS are still infested and it says to only apply such product once every 30 days. WHY??? I am really concerned causing me distress if reapplication of an alternative product is going to hurt my dogs.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Always used Frontline as recommended by my vet but this year it did not work. Went to Pets At Home and asked the vet. There she told me that the fleas have became immune to the product and recommend Advantage which worked immediately. Why are they still allowed to sell Frontline? It's fraud.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

Pretty expensive. But it is not working. Fleas are jumping not dying. Wasted money. Frontline Plus for cats for fleas and ticks. Now what can I do without poisoning my cat!!! And our family and home.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

I have had my cat for 10 years, he is an indoor cat. Last summer I used Frontline on my baby. A month later he began scratching and biting his hair out in big patches. He got better a few months later and I thought it was just where he had made his way outside and got fleas. And now this year when I treated him once again with Frontline here he is again, bald and scabby all over. I just cry and cry every time I look at him. He is a big part of our family and this is so heartbreaking. I see many others have had the same problem once I got online researching it. Can we not start a class action LAWSUIT against Frontline? I'm sorry but he is like a child to us and it hurts me so to see him suffer like this over a medication that is suppose to protect Him, not HARM him!!! I am attaching a photo of him before Frontline and one after... Now you tell me how cruel this medication is to our fur babies...

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

We went on vacation for 10 days and my mom bought Frontline from Costco - a pack of 6 for $60, a great price! She applied it to our kitty the first day we were gone (and she's very adept at it, having had dozens of dogs and cats over and the years) which was July 27th. At this point, Scratchy didn't have any fleas (that we knew of) as she's an indoor cat. We bought Frontline to protect her from potentially getting fleas from my mom's dog Bubbles, who is basically an indoor dog, but goes outside for walks. Bubbles had a few fleas, but apparently it was under control. She gets groomed and also my mom purchased Advantage at a local feed store where they sell other pet items. WELL... those fleas jumped onto poor Scratchy and despite the application of Frontline, we've been combing approximately 100+ fleas off of her DAILY. Sometimes more hatch in the afternoons and she's got another 25 or so after a FULL combing!

The eggs come off into the little container I place the fleas into, which has a mixture of water, ammonia and a little soap. The fleas die immediately and there is flea dirt and blood... it's disgusting! We have a fairly small apartment so we've vacuumed but now it's time to bomb the house, something I wanted to avoid. I'm VERY disappointed that a major company would trick consumers into buying a well known brand name like this just because of its name. Did they think no one would notice? Do they not care about all the poor cats and dogs who are suffering because of their greediness or their mistake? Either way, they should cop to it and do a MAJOR RECALL of the most recent products. Otherwise, no one will buy from them again. I know I won't, and I'll tell everyone I know. Please do not buy Advantage not only this year, but any year because you never know what you're going to get!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

I have used Frontline before and it worked on both my dog and cats. This year the results have been horrible. The product seemed to work for less than a week and now all my animals are reinfested with fleas. My son is even diligent in flea combing the kittens but to no avail. I will no longer purchase this product. My vet even said that Advantage was the better product. Too bad I did not know that before I bought Frontline.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

For years, we have used Frontline Plus on both our Scotties. We had them vaccinated against Lyme disease and both had their booster shots. Today, August 14th, we took our Scotties to the vet because Bonnie was limping. She was diagnosed with Lyme disease. You can draw your own conclusions about its effectiveness against Lyme infected ticks. My opinion, it did not work and I'll be looking for an alternative medication.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

Put Frontline on my 2-year old, perfectly healthy cat. Now, it is one week later and he has brown drool around his mouth, tongue flickering, and will not eat or drink! I am taking him to the vet. He is dehydrated, lethargic, third eyelids showing, shallow breathing, extremely weak. I will never use this product again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. In fact, if my Lucky dies, Frontline will hear from me! Whether they care or not. I hand nursed this cat for six weeks, every 2 to 4 hrs around the clock because his mother abandoned him. He was covered in ants, and he is totally deaf. Now, to have this happen is extremely upsetting! This little guy does not deserve this!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

We used Frontline plus for cats and it did not work at all. We used it 2x and all it did was make our poor cat dig and bite more. Worse product I have ever used. My cat is and always has been an indoor cat. I want my money back for this worthless product. It was not cheap by no means. Please do not waste your $$$ on this crap.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I purchased Frontline products Plus for my cats trying to get rid of fleas. It states on the box that it is fast acting. The product absolutely doesn't work. My cats still have fleas and are paying the price for it. They are charging way too much for this product to not work. I have purchased advantage before within a 24 hour period to a week. Everything starts clearing up. I want my money back. I will never purchase this product again. One person called and followed their instructions and her cat is now dead. This happens to my animals I will be taking further action.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I have religiously used Frontline every year on my cats. Never had a problem with fleas, the medication did its job. Suddenly this year Frontline is not as effective as it has been in the past. I treated all 3 of my cats plus a new puppy and although the fleas have lessened they are still there. I vacuum daily, wash pet bedding weekly and have even used Knockout ES house spray. The fleas seem to be only on the pets as we never have fleas jump on us from carpet or furniture. I check the cat's bellies and "armpits" daily for flea dirt but only find it on their neck and tail areas. Why does the box say it can take up to 3 doses to become completely effective? It was never like this before. One dose and fleas were gone. I have one more dose to give before I can contact the company for a refund. If fleas are not gone by then I better get my $$ back.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

Bought from BudgetPetCare online, for my dog and cat... DOESN'T WORK! Both are full of fleas. Contacted BudgetPetCare, said they would contact me and they didn't. I have given my dog three bath's with flea shampoo, done my carpet with flea spray three times, treated my yard twice. I have spent at least an extra $100 on all this stuff all because FRONTLINE DIDN'T WORK. JUST MORE PHONY CRAP ON THE MARKET THAT TAKES YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

I have had a ten year old cat for 8 months. I used Frontline twice and it seemed to work. Now the fleas are out of control. I have found some that are "half dead" but as others have suggested, it definitely didn't work. I can't really give my cat a bath as she is old and unaccustomed but I am not sure what to do. We have washed everything and have very little carpet. I am even itchy and have flea bites although I have not caught any on me. I have found tons of black "pepper" or flea feces everywhere after washing everything. I am not sure if it's safe to apply another product on my poor kitty. I did catch her successfully licking herself and now I am worried she will be sick (luckily she is ok for now). I would love to know what to do next.

Frontline Company Information