1.02/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Frontline

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Frontline Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2016

I had used Frontline on my lab for nearly 7 years and Monday I found out through a CBC by his Vet that he tested positive for Lyme disease. I cannot believe this company could be so greedy to make us believe their product is as good as their claim. I will be taking this to my local state rep, atty general and let them do what needs to be done to stop these false claims of this BAD drug.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

I am a Pet Groomer with 28 years under my belt. I started grooming there was no Advantage or Frontline. My Vet gave me a gentle flea spray with Pyrethrins as its main ingredients, with no long term flea or tick repellent. Then came Advantage 1st, it was a blessing with my customers' pets as well my own. Then late 90's Frontline and later Frontline plus for dogs like mine at the time who had allergies. Now 2016 still grooming and most of my customers are using a pill from their Vet. I believed in Frontline Plus and with a recent Chihuahua rescue who happens to be allergic to flea bites, nothing is working. Gone from Frontline Plus to Advantage II. :( All that's left is K-9 Adv, or the pill from the VET and a Vet bill. What is going on???

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

I've poison my cat with this product for many years. Every fall we have issues with fleas but this time is crazy. I discontinued this product because he had a terrible rash for two years and started to bleed and still we have fleas and my kids are getting bitten by fleas all the time. I bought a collar the other brand. But finally he has no fleas and no my awful rash. He has recovered. Sadly my house well after two toxic flea bombs (Shot Bed BUG/ flea) We STILL have fleas. I spent so much time and money and still can't get rid of them.

The Enviromental damage FRONTLINE has cause is huge. My kids have to live and play in a house where the floor, walls and carpet are spray with toxic chemicals that don't kill the fleas. I guess we have a handful but still enough to mark my kids' legs. Finally I bought something natural that kills them but is expensive and I have to spray the sofa and beds all the time. Hopefully one day we can get rid off them. NO more Chemicals. They don't work. Cleaning the house for hours' a day and spraying this natural thing made with peppermint oil and clove. I wish I could sue Merial and Frontline but I call them and they don't even give me a refund.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I have 2 indoor cats that never had fleas. Rescued a puppy early Dec 2015. Noticed all 3 of them scratching with fleas. Applied Frontline Plus exactly as instructed. No prior bath or immediate bath after applying. Within a week they were infested! Used a nit comb and couldn't believe the amount of live fleas and flea poop in their fur. Took all 3 to the vet and was given oral medication. The cats vomited the medication so had to apply Frontline Plus again for second month. A week later the fleas are still on the cats as if nothing was applied and you can still see the area between their shoulder blade where it was given appropriately.

We've been vacuuming and washing bedding the whole time. Also applied powder and spray to all carpets, mattresses and furniture. This is ridiculous. I've always grew up with animals in our family and never has it been so difficult to treat. We didn't use to have a problem with Frontline Plus. Now it's useless! Waste of a lot of money and I'm sure I will get the runaround like all the other people who have tried to get their money back. Never again... trying something else.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

I have used this product for years on my cats and dogs. I have spent a lot of money as most people have on this product. We are down to only one dog now and I found that Frontline does not work. I have to give the dog a bath to kill the fleas. Yesterday I killed 5 fleas during the bath. I want a refund and I want it now. Tom I will be contacting the NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND FILING A COMPLAINT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

I purchased Frontline from my vet. I was told it would only be guaranteed if purchased from a vet. I used it every 30 day for 4 month on all 7 of my indoor cats and it didn't work at all. I did everything that was needed. I washed bedding every 3 days and vacuumed every 3 days. This medicine does not work on fleas at all. I then went to Frontline website to see what I can do for the guarantee and was told it won't help me because I have more than the allowed cats. I am very disappointed in this product and will never use it or recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

Switched from Advantage as we were pulling ticks off the cats daily and now all three animals have fleas after applying Frontline. After nine years flea free I am appalled Frontline is still being sold. I have been using it for 3 months consecutively and after reapplying 6 days ago, the flea infestation is getting worse instead of better. This product should be banned.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

I used Frontline for 8 years to kill ticks on my indoor/outdoor cats. In October 2015, I found live engorged ticks on my cats after administering Frontline. Previously, the tick would have been shriveled and dead, if still attached. So not only do my cats hate the administration of Frontline, running away, frothing from the mouth, but the last batch is not effective. Good Bye, Frontline.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

Used this on my cat for years, no problem. It did the job. Until the last couple of months. It stopped working in its current format, or did it. I tested by smelling, 2 different packets of the product were tested this way. Pack 1 was definitely less pungent than pack 2. It smelt watered down. I complained they sent me more for free. That didn't work either. Goodbye Frontline!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

I have been using Frontline for the last 6-8 months. My cockapoo has skin allergies, so I thought that this is why he chewed a 5" bald spot on his back. He's done it before. Took him to get groomed today, and the vet called to say he has one of the worst flea infestations she has seen. Huh???? But I am using Frontline. Silence from the vet, then she said, "Frontline is the problem." What?? Apparently, Frontline can become ineffective? How can this be? My vet has quit selling it at their office because of the issues they have seen. I just wish I had known about this sooner.

Now I have to strip my house clean for probably the next 3 weeks according to the vet. Daily vacuuming of all surfaces, crevices, etc. since you can kill the fleas, but not the eggs. On top of this is the money I have spent, on something that doesn't work. Plus, I have to pay for an unscheduled vet visit, and pay for the shot of whatever they are giving him to help with the fleas. I'm beyond ticked off. The makers of Frontline should be ashamed. I want a refund!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

Have been using Google Frontline plus for over 3 months now and it's like I'm not using anything on my dog. This product is not doing anything it claims to do. This was the first time I have used Frontline on my pet and will be the last. I have been unable to contact Frontline at all. They won't return calls or messages. They have blocked anyone from commenting on their Facebook page for this very reason I assume. Do yourself a favor if you're reading glasses this and go with K9 Advantix or some other product. Water works better than Frontline.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

I bought Frontline Plus from the vet for my dog's flea problem, but it was only one dose. I put it on him, and over the course of three weeks I watched the infestation get even worse. He's been biting his skin raw, scratching himself until he bleeds, and I have to bathe him every day to drown any fleas on him. Frontline Plus has done nothing as there are even more fleas laying more eggs, and it is unable to kill them fast enough.

I tried to get a refund but it turns out they only offer a refund if the product has been used for three months consecutively. There's no way I would use this product again, so a refund is out of the question. The only thing left to do is to tarnish their undeserved reputation and let everyone know that, frankly, Frontline Plus is completely useless. I'm sticking with Advantix and trying out the new Seresto collar instead, since those seem to actually get the job done. Stay away from Frontline Plus unless you don't mind your dog suffering for a few months.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

I purchased a year worth of Frontline Plus for Cats at the local Pet Smart store in Everett, WA; 6 months into treatment and my cat who is 12 years old still has fleas. This product did not kill fleas, flea larva or chewing lice as the product claims to do so. I want my money back, ALL OF IT...

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

Frontline used to work for protecting our dog against fleas and ticks. Last spring I noticed numerous fleas and ticks on him despite proper application. When I called the company, the person I spoke with kept making excuses. I waited a month and lived with the fleas. Again, I applied a dose of the product and it did absolutely nothing. Again, the company spokesperson was defensive and not taking responsibility for the product not working at all. Again I waited a month, not wanting to double up on toxins. Advantage still seems to work - as does flea combing, diatomaceous earth and vacuuming!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

I rescued two kittens and have treated them with the Frontline Plus product purchased from BudgetPetCare. All was well for the first six month supply (three months for two cats.) My next six month (three month per cat order), my cats have gone out and returned infested with ticks. Not dead ticks, but thriving, alive, filled with blood ticks. (They are outside for a two-hour period of time!) As a long term cat owner, I have used Frontline for decades. I have never seen such an epic fail from any Frontline product, as I have from this batch. I seek a replacement with a new batch, or a personal daily "tick remover", which I have now become.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

3 days ago I purchased Frontline Plus for cats. My boy is a 2 1/2 yr. old Snowshoe. He's amazing. Well, he was... My boy now, is as if he had a frontal lobotomy. I wish I weren't alive. I just got off the phone with Merial, company in GA. that makes Frontline. They asked me a few questions about the packaging. The product I purchased, from a pet store was a BOOTLEG product!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT BUY MEDICATIONS FROM ANYWHERE EXCEPT YOUR VET!!!! I am going to my vet right now... Please pray for my boy. As I will pray for your babies too.. I AM SOOOOO SORRY.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2015

I have 3 dogs, 3 different sizes and have called Frontline twice in the past 4 months to find out why I have fleas everywhere. The first time I assumed someone had bathed one dog within 24-48 hours of treatment so I waited 3 weeks and reapplied. Absolutely NOTHING got better. Called and they told me the fleas had laid eggs but now that all 3 dogs were treated we should be fine. 3 weeks later and things are worse. Called again and they just repeatedly told me that Frontline is not a repellent so there may be fleas but they will die in day.

I tried to explain to her that I really thought they had a bad batch but she wouldn't hear it and finally asked me "Do you have a question for me?" I asked her how soon I could treat with another product and she said after 48 hours. I asked her wasn't there a threat of poisoning my dog and she replied, probably not. Well, yeah, probably not because your product is obviously mostly water. Worst customer service ever and completely useless product

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

I first used Vectra 3D per my Vet whom insisted it was top of the line and "amazing". My dog is two years old never had a flea in his life and 24 hrs after use, broke out in hot spots and the medicine apparently seems to have drawn fleas to him! Mind you he has never had a flea bite or flea in his life! We travel a lot to parks and fields, my kids are active athletes. Anywho, I switched to Frontline. So far it's only been two hours but no hot spot or weird behavior as of yet!

I will say that I have been drenching my dog for two weeks in raw Coconut Oil, head to toe and not only is it effective in killing fleas on contact, it also repels insects as well! Including ticks. If your pets are suffering hot spots please use Coconut Oil as it is not harmful if ingested and it heals!

I will write a review once the treatment is given time to work. If your dog suffers side effects, I suggest bathing with Dawn dish soap, giving a Benadryl tablet, my guy takes one 25 mg tablet for itching and break outs from allergy to medicine, and apply Coconut Oil raw to their wounds. Also, keep in mind, you have to treat your pet first, then home and yard! Otherwise, you will see fleas after application use, fleas life cycle is long and you have to be thorough. It's counter productive to JUST treat your pet. You have to treat everything in order to see result!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2015

What a totally useless product and it should be banned. Purchased as tick season has started again and used as per instructions. Took my small Sheltie for a walk 6 days after applying FRONTLINE and that night, had to rush her to an emergency vet as she had started having problem with her back legs. Her lovely coat had to be shaved/clipped and she now has to wear a coat to ensure she does not get cold. And now 5 days later, a VET bill for THOUSANDS of DOLLARS. I may be able to bring her home tomorrow. How can these people state that this product is for "the prevention and control of ticks including paralysis ticks" on the front of the box when clearly it does neither and so puts the lives of dogs at risk?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2015

Very underwhelmed. I used to use Frontline Plus and it worked well but switched to Advantix because it doesn't work on mosquitoes. Went back to it this last month and my dogs still have fleas as well as me!!!! At least now. Just ridiculous that their customer satisfaction is not paramount. I'm going back to Advantix. Frontline used to cutting edge. Now it's not even marginally effective. Do not buy under any circumstances. Lesson learned.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I wish I had found all these reviews before wasting $40. I bought Frontline Plus for my dog because the store I went to didn't have any Advantix II, so I figured this was the next best thing (being the 2nd most expensive). It's been a week now and my dog still has fleas. She has welts and scratches all over her from the biting and itching. Now I'm fighting a flea war before it turns into an infestation, since I have to wait 3 more weeks before I can give her another treatment. Horrible product. Do not buy.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2015

Took my two cats today to the vet for a health certificate which involved getting Frontline. It went fine until 2 hours later. One of my cats went crazy, vomiting, frothing at the mouth and running into walls at full speed. It was horrible! I rushed her back to the vet and they placed her into a warm bath and washed off the Frontline chemical. The vet had told me they have never seen such a reaction to the product. They even called a rep from Frontline to come into the office. In the end all was fine, but I will NEVER, NEVER use this product on my cat again!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I treated my dog with Frontline plus & the product does not work. I treated her a week ago - now that are all on her. I called to take product back to Wal-Mart & they refuse to refund or exchange for Advantage. This is ridiculous & seem there is nothing being done about this product.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I have an 11 year old house cat. Somehow he got fleas. No other animals are indoors or outdoors. I have been faithfully applying Frontline plus for 3 to 4 years. It does not work! I also spray siphotrol premise spray. I am ready to scream with frustration. I only have one choice, switch to Advantage. What is the problem?

Rico scratches more one week after application than he did before the application.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

FrontLine Plus- Dogs 5-22lbs - I was unsatisfied with the product, so I called the number on the back of the box under the Satisfaction Guaranteed logo. I was then rudely told that since I had not foreseen this problem and saved the receipt from when I purchased the product, I was not eligible for the Satisfaction Guarantee. I will not be purchasing anymore Frontline products in the future, and I would not recommend it to anyone else.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I wish there was a zero star option. I have two cats, both 15 years old. We had a flea issue last year. Used Frontline, and the fleas were gone. This year, I am lucky if Frontline worked for more than 24 hours. One of my cats started getting bald spots from all the itching, but we were under the impression it was due to old age. Oh no. He is now severely anemic because the treatments to kill the fleas with Frontline was like blowing air on my cats' fur. I am combing and washing HUNDREDS of fleas off of him and his brother a DAY.

He is now skeletal in less than two weeks' time, running a fever off and on, and pouncing on water like he has never seen it before. I just rush shopped some Revolution Flea treatment. If my cat dies because of this, I will be suing. As it is, I am going to make sure everyone knows that this company is a pile of feces and I will never in my life buy from them again. I now have to beg forgiveness from my cat for not realizing all of this sooner. I will be part of your worst nightmare, Frontline. I guarantee you that.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I have used Frontline for years and I have loved it but the last 2 boxes I have got didn't work! Did you change your ingredients? My dogs still have fleas and I can't put anything else on them because I am scared it will hurt them since they already have medicine on! I guess next year we'll be trying something else...

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I have cats & dogs. I applied Frontline Plus to them the 6th of Sept and they are COVERED in fleas!!! I have NEVER had this issue with my animals before. The cats are inside and never go out. What gives? Has this product changed? I would like my money refunded if so as it costs A LOT to flea treat my 5 fur babies.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2015

Early in the morning on July 13, 2013, after having given Rudy Frontline Plus the night before, he had a grand mal seizure. I was so scared and upset. I thought I was going to lose him then and there. After about 5 minutes, it seemed like an hour, he got up rather dazed and then seemed fine. I called the vet right away and got an appointment. Having some time, I went on the internet to research and found many articles on the side effects of Frontline Plus and many of the people reporting their pets had seizures. After many tests were done at the vets, all the results came back negative. I asked him if it could have been Frontline Plus that caused it. He said no as Frontline was a safe drug. He has since changed his mind. Well that day was just the start of the seizures.

One day in September on a Sunday, Rudy had 5 seizures in 3 hours. We took him to the Emergency Vet Hospital where they kept him overnight. The emergency vet called the next day and said Rudy was looking for us. Well we got him in the car and all he did was howl all the way home. Supposedly they gave him an overdose of the drug to control the seizures. So now we took him to our regular vet who also kept him overnight. He did have more seizures and the doctor put Rudy on Phenobarbital. He still had a few more seizures after that but they didn't appear to be as bad as the first one. His last seizure was on November 27, 2013. There were several episodes after that, where Rudy would have anxiety attacks. He would jump up, jump down, go in his kennel, come back out etc. The last one he had was on March 5, 2015. He is still on Phenobarbital twice each day but is much better than that terrifying day in July of 2013.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

I have applied Frontline for two months in a row. My cats continue to have fleas. I comb every day and take tons of living fleas off them. I completely angry and upset at the same time. One of my cats seem to have the worst of it. He has all kind of scabs around his neck and when I comb him not only do I take off fleas but also dried blood. My oldest kitty is sick and I begin to wonder if it from the Frontline. Why do they tell you have to wait three months before you can file a complaint or dissatisfaction.

Frontline Company Information