1.05/5

361 Frontline Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I have used Frontline for several years and it worked. Now my poor baby dog has allergies and fleas. Very sad to see what has happened to a good product. We'll never used this again. You should be sued for the terrible sores and discomfort your product has caused on my Skittles. Shame on you???

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Used Frontline on my dog for the last 4 years, but alas it is now rendered completely hopeless and my DOG and house has fleas. In my opinion it is now pointless to use Frontline. Lots of complaints about the product, and if only I had seen the complaints earlier I would definitely have changed protection. Fleas all over the dog and I have to wait 2 weeks before putting the new flea control on him having administered Frontline only a week ago. It has caused havoc at home. The whole house have to be sprayed with flea spray.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Recently purchased your product due to fleas. We've had a hot dry summer. I was told by pet store this product was good. We'll after spending close to 200 dollars. Because I have 2 cats and 2 different weight dogs. I'd about swear this product draws fleas to the animals. The cats were flea free till I use this product. I had dogs bathed at groomer they came home flea free. Had house bombed. All the animals are infested I even reposed them as told by the vet. Still have them. This product should be pulled from stores and all pet owners reimbursed. It garbage.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I have used Frontline on my pets for years and this year I have had nothing but problems with fleas. I bought advantage-II for my cat because it was on sale and frontline for my dog because they were out of stock. Within 12 hours my cat was flea free and has been for 3 months now and my poor dog still has fleas. Don't waste your money on frontline. Called frontline hotline and not much they will do for you. They got your money and now they are done with you. I'm headed to the store to buy advantage for my dog.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I have bought this product and it doesn't work. I got the 3 pack and used all three and still my dog has fleas after 3 months of using this product. Used to work before doesn't now I don't know why and the product is not cheap... and seems to me I'm not the only one who noticed it's not working? Now in out 45.00 and no results...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

August 2016: I'm so upset I bought Frontline Plus about a week ago, and I put it on two of my dogs and I feel so bad for them because they are still itching worse than before I used this garbage!!! DON'T BUY THIS CRAP!!! BTW, I live in Ohio.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

The Company isn't the problem. It's the product I bought. Frontline is a flea & egg controlling & killing medicine for pets. It's not working!! I've always counted on Frontline for my pets. And now for some reason it's not working. It's made my pets itch more. What's going on with the product!!??? It's making me very upset & angry.

Original review: July 27, 2016

I have been a Frontline customer for many years. A couple of months ago, when my pets got a few fleas, I bought Frontline as usual and applied it. The first application didn't work. The next month, I bought a new box and applied it. NOTHING HAPPENED. It didn't kill any fleas at all! By this point, my poor animals had a terrible infestation, and I had to buy another brand of flea prevention, which worked just fine. One of our cats developed anemia from the infestation and ALMOST DIED. I am very disappointed in Frontline and I will never buy it again.

Original review: July 27, 2016

We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Used Frontline for 2 years and it worked wonderful. This year it is not working at all... My dogs and cats are itching with fleas. I would like to know why this year it is not working?

Original review: July 19, 2016

My husband and I have a sweet little Dachshund named Pete. We have been using Frontline for 2 years and felt it was working well. Over the weekend my husband was sitting with Pete on his lap, got up and was covered in fleas. We checked Pete and he too was covered!! The product was applied as directed and we keep a paper log of what time and who applied it. Nothing had changed other than it's not working. Our home is infested. Because we trusted this product in the past we never thought that Pete might have gotten fleas. So far we have spent close to 600.00 dollars trying to rid ourselves of this infestation!! My recommendation to anyone thinking of using this product is DON'T. You will be sorry. Also I cannot give it any stars. I am so angry!!

Original review: July 18, 2016

i used Frontline for my cat & now he has broken out & losing his hair. He won't play or eat. This product needs to be taken off market. My cat was normal 'til I put this on him. I'm pissed off.

Original review: July 18, 2016

This Frontline did not work. I used Frontline for three cats and two dogs, this is the first time it did not work. Do you know how stressful and expensive it is to deal with fleas in an apartment? Where is the class action lawsuit against this company?

Original review: June 27, 2016

Does not work. Put it on my dog a week ago and he is covered in fleas. Don't buy!!!

Original review: June 25, 2016

Frontline is a product that is being deliberately sabotaged and is just in the business of taking your money and funneling it to some sick cause. Have spent 100s of dollars on this product this year with NO relief. Called the company and they could give damn. Said it wasn't a "repellent". Ok then wtf exactly is it? DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR LIES.

Original review: June 22, 2016

On June 20, 2016 we gave our 7-year old 16 pound Pomeranian-Shitzu-Poo blend a dose of Frontline Plus, following the directions explicitly. Pixi was fit as a fiddle and very playful and energetic when we applied the dose. We live in Houston, Texas where fleas hold conventions. We had used other brands of the on-spot medicines before, with some side effects noted, such as lethargy, diarrhea, and vomiting and did not like the idea of taking a chance with this medicine again, but the fleas declared war and we had to do battle.

Less than 24 hours after the application of the oily stuff, we made a 2 hour side trip to take care of a few errands. When we returned to the home, Pixi was laying in the corner of the kitchen, eyes glazed, no movement. After a closer look, it became clear she had passed on. We were devastated. She was loved by everyone, even though she possessed the most annoying shrill bark one can imagine. She had a rare charm and a warm heart. Seven years is far too soon for a wonderful dog like Pixi. I can't say absolutely that Frontline is to blame here, but they are currently the only 'Person of interest.'

There is much evidence out there to make us suspicious. Do the research. Class action lawsuits have been filed against this medicine. Many other horror stories like ours are documented. If the death rate from human medicines was anywhere near the numbers this medicine exhibits, the medicine would quickly disappear. HOPEFULLY, THIS REVIEW WILL SERVE AS A STRONG WARNING TO THOSE INTENDING ON USING THIS MEDICINE.

Original review: May 27, 2016

Frontline Plus was applied to my dog and I could tell he was in pain. Within 15 minutes he was bleeding directly from the application site. I immediately scrubbed him down and hopefully all of it came off. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow. My poor dog. :(

Original review: April 24, 2016

April 4, 2016. My cat had his annual check up. I purchased the Frontline (FL) (as usual). We use it for the spring/summer months (Spokane, WA). Vet said to wait 2 days before applying due to other vaccines at appointment. Applied 4/6/16. Within a week my two small children were covered in flea bites and there were jumping bugs everywhere! Did ENORMOUS amounts of laundry - curtains, area rugs, clothes, bedding, linens, etc. Vacuum 1-2x day. Called vet, said it should start working soon. Told neighbors to exam their animals just in case. One neighbor said FL was not effective anymore per her vet. Read the reviews on this site to confirm. Call FL directly: told me they wouldn't refund my money unless I had used a 3 month cycle. I do not consider 3 months 'fast acting.' On box it says: "Kills fleas, flea eggs & larvae, ticks, and chewing lice. Fast Acting, Long Lasting, Waterproof."

IF after 3 months, still a problem, at FL discretion, they might pay for an exterminator. It has been 3 weeks STILL having fleas everywhere. (i.e. Not FAST ACTING) I filed a case #. Customer Service gal was totally on the defensive. Today (4/23/16), I was in the garden & had my baby on a blanket. Cat sat down next to us. Within SECONDS the blanket was COVERED in LIVE baby fleas. I even saw them JUMPING off my cat! NASTY! Back to the laundry room! My poor cat and children! My daughter is also covered in flea bites. And I put on FRESH sheets every other day! I even wash her pillow. CAT stays outside :( We miss cuddle time with him. NO I do not recommend this product anymore. BOO product. BOO customer service. BOO policy.

Original review: April 15, 2016

I noticed my 70 lb dog scratching, like he had fleas. I have been using Frontline Plus for years on every animal that I have owned. I checked him and he had fleas. Use it monthly so there is a problem with this product. My vet said it had been a problem for 4 years.

Original review: April 11, 2016

Biggest mistake of my life purchasing Frontline plus for my 2 spaniels that we take hiking. Ticks can be a problem in Oregon so we thought we would try the product. Within moments of applying both dogs eyes rolled back in their head and they collapsed to the floor unable to stand on their legs. The vet was called and we were told to use Dawn Dish soap and water in the shower to get it off because it cuts through the oil product. Both dogs had neurological damage. The 12 yr old died within 30 days. This product and other brands like it need to be taken off of the market immediately.

Original review: March 27, 2016

After reading the instructions for administering Frontline Plus to my 8 year old male cat. He has become lethargic and frightened by the smallest events. Three days now and tomorrow I will bring him to the vet. Awful product! Hard to believe with all of the horrible reviews (which I read, today) that this item hasn't been removed from market!

Original review: March 10, 2016

I had used Frontline on my lab for nearly 7 years and Monday I found out through a CBC by his Vet that he tested positive for Lyme disease. I cannot believe this company could be so greedy to make us believe their product is as good as their claim. I will be taking this to my local state rep, atty general and let them do what needs to be done to stop these false claims of this BAD drug.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

I am a Pet Groomer with 28 years under my belt. I started grooming there was no Advantage or Frontline. My Vet gave me a gentle flea spray with Pyrethrins as its main ingredients, with no long term flea or tick repellent. Then came Advantage 1st, it was a blessing with my customers' pets as well my own. Then late 90's Frontline and later Frontline plus for dogs like mine at the time who had allergies. Now 2016 still grooming and most of my customers are using a pill from their Vet. I believed in Frontline Plus and with a recent Chihuahua rescue who happens to be allergic to flea bites, nothing is working. Gone from Frontline Plus to Advantage II. :( All that's left is K-9 Adv, or the pill from the VET and a Vet bill. What is going on???

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

I've poison my cat with this product for many years. Every fall we have issues with fleas but this time is crazy. I discontinued this product because he had a terrible rash for two years and started to bleed and still we have fleas and my kids are getting bitten by fleas all the time. I bought a collar the other brand. But finally he has no fleas and no my awful rash. He has recovered. Sadly my house well after two toxic flea bombs (Shot Bed BUG/ flea) We STILL have fleas. I spent so much time and money and still can't get rid of them.

The Enviromental damage FRONTLINE has cause is huge. My kids have to live and play in a house where the floor, walls and carpet are spray with toxic chemicals that don't kill the fleas. I guess we have a handful but still enough to mark my kids' legs. Finally I bought something natural that kills them but is expensive and I have to spray the sofa and beds all the time. Hopefully one day we can get rid off them. NO more Chemicals. They don't work. Cleaning the house for hours' a day and spraying this natural thing made with peppermint oil and clove. I wish I could sue Merial and Frontline but I call them and they don't even give me a refund.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I have 2 indoor cats that never had fleas. Rescued a puppy early Dec 2015. Noticed all 3 of them scratching with fleas. Applied Frontline Plus exactly as instructed. No prior bath or immediate bath after applying. Within a week they were infested! Used a nit comb and couldn't believe the amount of live fleas and flea poop in their fur. Took all 3 to the vet and was given oral medication. The cats vomited the medication so had to apply Frontline Plus again for second month. A week later the fleas are still on the cats as if nothing was applied and you can still see the area between their shoulder blade where it was given appropriately.

We've been vacuuming and washing bedding the whole time. Also applied powder and spray to all carpets, mattresses and furniture. This is ridiculous. I've always grew up with animals in our family and never has it been so difficult to treat. We didn't use to have a problem with Frontline Plus. Now it's useless! Waste of a lot of money and I'm sure I will get the runaround like all the other people who have tried to get their money back. Never again... trying something else.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

I have used this product for years on my cats and dogs. I have spent a lot of money as most people have on this product. We are down to only one dog now and I found that Frontline does not work. I have to give the dog a bath to kill the fleas. Yesterday I killed 5 fleas during the bath. I want a refund and I want it now. Tom I will be contacting the NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND FILING A COMPLAINT.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

I purchased Frontline from my vet. I was told it would only be guaranteed if purchased from a vet. I used it every 30 day for 4 month on all 7 of my indoor cats and it didn't work at all. I did everything that was needed. I washed bedding every 3 days and vacuumed every 3 days. This medicine does not work on fleas at all. I then went to Frontline website to see what I can do for the guarantee and was told it won't help me because I have more than the allowed cats. I am very disappointed in this product and will never use it or recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

Switched from Advantage as we were pulling ticks off the cats daily and now all three animals have fleas after applying Frontline. After nine years flea free I am appalled Frontline is still being sold. I have been using it for 3 months consecutively and after reapplying 6 days ago, the flea infestation is getting worse instead of better. This product should be banned.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

I used Frontline for 8 years to kill ticks on my indoor/outdoor cats. In October 2015, I found live engorged ticks on my cats after administering Frontline. Previously, the tick would have been shriveled and dead, if still attached. So not only do my cats hate the administration of Frontline, running away, frothing from the mouth, but the last batch is not effective. Good Bye, Frontline.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

Used this on my cat for years, no problem. It did the job. Until the last couple of months. It stopped working in its current format, or did it. I tested by smelling, 2 different packets of the product were tested this way. Pack 1 was definitely less pungent than pack 2. It smelt watered down. I complained they sent me more for free. That didn't work either. Goodbye Frontline!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

Have been using Google Frontline plus for over 3 months now and it's like I'm not using anything on my dog. This product is not doing anything it claims to do. This was the first time I have used Frontline on my pet and will be the last. I have been unable to contact Frontline at all. They won't return calls or messages. They have blocked anyone from commenting on their Facebook page for this very reason I assume. Do yourself a favor if you're reading glasses this and go with K9 Advantix or some other product. Water works better than Frontline.

Frontline Company Information