1.02/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Frontline

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Frontline Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

After applying Frontline Gold to our cat, we noticed her acting very strangely. Whenever we let her inside, she jumped onto the counters or furniture and leaped onto tables, chairs, etc avoiding the floor. Our vet said they had reports of other cats acting like this. It was as though see could see something on the floor and was frightened to walk there. Same with carpet and tile. Has anyone else experienced a reaction like this?

Original review: July 8, 2019

I purchased Frontline Plus from Chewey.com. IT WILL BE FIVE MORE DAYS before the 30 days are up before I can give her the third dose. I put the product on for the past 2 mo. and 3 wks. exactly as directed. My dog STILL has fleas and really rough spots that could be flea nests. She has little bumps in her ears. She scratches all the time and I see fleas on her.

I called Frontline and waited ONE HOUR 11 MINUTES for someone to answer to avoid being called when I am eating or otherwise indisposed. The man said it takes THREE MONTHS for the product to work AFTER I told him I was ready to use the third applicaton 5 days early. I asked him if it didn't work, what I can do. He had no answer--only to say that it takes that long for all the eggs to hatch & die - I guess he forgot that he told me that any eggs that were laid were rendered sterile. I asked him if I could get my money back if this does not work after the third month and he said they can't make any promises. In short, a product I USED to use until my other dog died in 2013 is NOT WORKING and the company is NOT STANDING BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I am contact you today regard a product. Frontline Plus for cat. I purchased this product and it came sealed in the box with lot number and all the information stamped on box and also on the sealed applicators. Says for cat use only. When we took the green applicator out it say for use on 45-88lbs dogs only with picture of cat crossed out. All of them are like that. I can send you pictures if you would like. My concern is if I had not look at the green tube it would of went on a cat that is about 10lbs. The epa numbers do not match the package either inside or outside. Please contact me back regarding this problem.. If this was a packaging error a lot of animal can become very sick or even worse.

I have contact the company Merial which was bought out by another company in France. I did leave the same message for them and awaiting their response. What would happen if you put his on a cat 10-15 lbs. OMG I am so beside myself. If you have this product and put it on your cat and something happen PLEASE REPORT IT. This for sure is a packaging error.. I also purchased this off Amazon.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I have used Frontline Plus for 1 complete year documenting it on the calendar every time to ensure not missing a dose. I have also spoken with Frontline's reps. many times ensuring me that the product would work in time. My cat is infested with Fleas. I would not waste my money on this product. I bought 12 months worth and they would only refund for 1 month.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I've notice they happened to me that has happened to others ordering off Amazon. I actually applied to to my mama cat and I just happened to see a dog on the green dispenser and I immediately gave her a good bath. I almost put it on my other cats. I am so upset by this. I did get a refund. I just wonder if someone that works for Merrick could have done that on purpose.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontline?

Original review: June 23, 2019

Inside the 'Frontline Plus for cats' box that I ordered, there are 3 vials that are marked "Frontline Plus for dogs, 45 - 88 lbs." I am currently trying to contact Merial. Thank goodness I caught this in time.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I am horrified by my experience. I bought a 3 pack of Frontline Plus for cats from Amazon. Box arrived, said it was for cats. Inside the box the outer foil said for cats. The vial/green squeeze thing said it was for dogs 45 to 88 lbs. First - never mix flea meds between cats and dogs. Dog flea meds are toxic to cats. But second, even if it was okay, that would have overdosed my cats. I can't even think about the worst outcome! I called Amazon and was refunded, but I also called Merial. This was clearly an issue at their plant - where the vials were sealed in the wrong foil pack. Very scary. They're going to send me out a replacement and they want me to send them everything so they can investigate further. I emailed photos and am waiting for the label to send the stuff back. BE CAREFUL! I don't want you to lose a kitty! Check your medication before applying it.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I spent over $100 for this for my 2 dogs and they still have fleas. I feel so bad for them because they are itching like crazy and I feel like there's nothing I can do for them. I've spent over $100 on this Frontline stuff and flea collars and now I just guess I'm going to have to take them to the vet and spend more money.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I ordered the Frontline Plus for my cat. The box was for cat and so was the entire packaging, but the actual medication was for a 45-88 lb dog. Luckily I double checked the medication before I gave it or I would have overdosed my 8 lb cat. Now I cannot get ahold of their customer service to warn them. I am very disheartened by this company.

Original review: May 30, 2019

On May 10, 2019 I noticed my dog scratching and gave her a bath. She had fleas so I went to PetSmart and purchased the 6 dose pack of Frontline Plus for Dogs and applied it. I also purchased another product for my smaller dog, which I will also write a review on! I spent $146.39 on products that did NOTHING! On May 18th I had paid my exterminator to come a treat the yard because I still noticed fleas. He informed me that the product does not work, that fleas get immune to it. I was still noticing fleas and scratching, so yesterday I ended up having to pick up flea treatment from my vet, which is again not cheap!!! So pretty much a month and still have fleas! I called PetSmart to see if I could get at least some of my money back and won’t go into detail about the ignorance of some people. I was told that fleas do not become immune to the product and was asked how long I had been using it.

I informed them that this was the first time I ever had to treat for fleas. Three sentences later, was told the product will not work if you have been using it for a long time! SERIOUSLY! Do you know the definition of immune!!!! GUESS NOT! I decided to contact the company! What a waste of time!!!! They said that your dog will still get fleas. It kills them before they can reproduce and that there is nothing stating that fleas become immune. The rep also stated that you need to use the product for 3 months. Well who wants to wait three months to see if a product is going to work! Amazing how after 1 day of treatment from medication from the vet, yep you guessed it, NO FLEAS OR SCRATCHING! If you want to waste your money and continue to have fleas you should purchase this product! And do not count on customer service to be of any help!

Frontline Company Information