4.63/5
  • 1 star
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

EVO Dog Food

Founded in the 90’s, EVO became the very first entirely grain free dog food option. The rational behind this grain free approach was that mans best friend should maintain a diet with high levels of proteins, just as nature had created them to do.

Our kibble is packed with necessary vitamins and minerals and caters to all furry families, large or small, young or old and all those in between. Our products help your pup maintain a healthy lifestyle while also meeting their canine needs. EVO wishes to deliver their fresh ingredients to your furry families wants and needs so that they may live a long and healthy life.

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 31, 2017

16 EVO Dog Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Our friend and our breeder has recommended this dog food to us because of the type of breed, the coat and digestion issues with our dog. My dog likes it, does well digesting it and it has a healthy cost as well. The only thing I would improve is a resealable bag so that you don't pour it in another container and that it wouldn't get stuck in the track. EVO brand is of a great quality and with all the bad press on other foods, I feel safe using it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I like EVO. It's all grain free and very low carbs but high in proteins that my dogs love and makes them more active and wanting to play more and a sign of healthy behaviors attributed to good nutrition choices. I'd like to see more vegetable and fruit additions that are healthy and add balance and even more great taste for overall health and shiny coats, plus colorful packaging to denote this fact.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I like that this food has all the needed nutrition and cares about the quality of ingredients and where they source from. I agree with their practices and like the varieties offered. It would be great if they could lower their pricing and offer more deals and coupons for better value of your money.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

It is healthy for dogs and available at a lot of stores. It comes in a variety of flavors that look and smell good for the dogs. I also like that you can use coupons and it is a well trusted brand. The packaging makes the dog food inviting and makes me read about the dog food. I also like that the brand cares about dogs health and making a food that is good for them. I like that there are many flavors of this dog food. I also like that you can earn rewards. The only thing I would improve is the cost. Dog food can be expensive when you have two large puppies that eat a lot of food.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

All natural and grain free is why we choose this food for our dog because any grains made our dog very ill. This was a safe brand and he liked it. With this brand, we didn’t have to worry about his health. Our dog enjoyed the food and never hesitated eating it. Also, the texture was just like any other dog food, solid but not too hard. I wish they'd lower the costs because when you are feeding a large dog the costs can become extreme.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EVO Dog Food?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I really like that EVO has lots of protein and is very low-carb, my dog really likes this food. I also really like that it's not very grainy. The texture is perfect for my small dog and his teeth. Plus there are a variety of options based on what your dog likes and my dog prefers hard to soft food. It's a great price and it's pretty healthy. But it may be nice to possibly include more coupons for the food. Overall the food is great quality and doesn't smell weird. I also really like the name and the design on the packaging.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I read some very good reviews online for many customers all around the United States and the world. EVO is a high quality of dog food. It has a silver package. The smell is phenomenal. My dog loves it. It's very nutritious, healthy, affordable and easy to find on any grocery or market that I shop at.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I choose this dog food because it's the most natural and healthy option I've found for my dog. Since she's a senior dog, I want to feed her the best food possible. The smell is just like any other dog food, and the texture isn't too crunchy. My dog loves this food. I like that it's grain free. It doesn't upset my dog's stomach and it was easy to get her adjusted to eating it over other dog foods. One thing I'd change is to make it available in different flavors. Examples would be chicken and cheese, salmon and tuna, etc. I also dislike its high price.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

They have good quality ingredients in products. They can be found at great stores here locally near me. The cost of products are really reasonable and my dog will be happy and healthy when I give my dog these high quality products. However, I think there should be more varieties to choose from and change often so pet won't be using the same thing all the time. Also, make them available at more stores so that I can buy more often, have more information about the brands and how they can help make my pet happy, and make them the bags resealable so that I don't have to reseal or tape up box. They can get crappy if box or bag isn't resealable. But the texture is great - very smooth. It's easy for me to handle to give to my pet. They are easy to bring with me on the go.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This dog food is a healthy choice that is priced reasonably and the dog loves the taste. It is conveniently located at most stores and comes in attractive packaging. It is a good product. I am happy to be a consumer.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Evo is grain free, high in protein, and all natural. It contains both Omega 3 and Omega 6, to improve skin and coat. My dog's coat looks luxurious since he started eating it. People who make this food really care about producing a better dog food. My dog really likes Evo. But, I would like a larger variety of flavors or main food ingredient and I wish the food brand was available at more stores, especially grocery stores and Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

The food appears healthier by focusing more on quality protein than carb fillers and there are a variety of flavors that our dog seems to enjoy it thoroughly. The dog eats it and is happy and healthy. We get the larger kibble which our dog prefers. The only complaint is price but this brand is competitively priced to similar brands. We buy any brand that is reasonably priced/on sale plus a coupon because we are on a tight budget. Luckily, our dog does not have food sensitivities.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

EVO appeared to be the best quality dog food of all the selections on all on the shelfs in the pet food department. I'm happy I made that selection of that brand. It has great nutritional value with a great variety of flavors he'll like, all at a great price. I would strongly recommend this brand and especially this particular flavor, he really liked it and devoured it all. However, I would have preferred a larger size bag, but I got what I could. Will just have to make another trip later on when I need other items and can do it all at the same time.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My dog loves EVO better than any other brand and I suspect other dogs would love this brand as well. And, the nutrition values make it the brand of choice for my dog. I would recommend this brand to any dog owner.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

It's a dog food that is known for healthy food that supports the growth of your pet over the years. It's got a nice, smooth texture that is easier to swallow and smells fresh, pets love it as it unlike any other brand they can get. I like how it is a natural brand that is unique while also offering to inform consumers about how natural it is which makes it a healthier choice for pet owners that worry about the content in their pet's food. It's a healthy brand that you can count on to provide the very best nutrients for your pet as it is organic which sets it apart from the other brands that are similar but not the same.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Our two Australian Shepherds love this food. They love all the flavors although one prefers the herring based and one the beef based as the staple in their diet. We rotate through the flavors though and they love it. You don't have to feed them as much because it is so nutrient rich. They run 2-6 miles several times a week with us and do agility, nose work and conformation and they have beautiful lean muscle mass, glossy coats and everyone stops us to say how beautiful they are and how healthy. Love this food, not likely to switch to a different food. We do like rotating with different flavors of Merrick dog foods that are grain free as well to give them variety on the weekends, but during the week they eat EVO. Bowls are always cleaned - totally worth the money.

EVO Dog Food expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Evo is an all-natural, grain-free dog food company that believes dogs should be given a diet similar to what they would get in the wild.

• Offers extra protein to build lean muscle mass: Evo products are made primarily out of red meat, fish or poultry to ensure dogs get the extra protein they need to build lean muscle mass.

• Gluten and grain-free: Dogs with and without allergies may benefit from a grain-free diet, as this type of diet can help maximize protein's effects.

• Offers concentrated nutrition: This dry food is nutrient-rich, so dogs should be able to fill up faster on smaller servings.

• Food is cooked to maximize nutrients: Food is either canned, baked or subject to extrusion cooking, depending on the ingredients, to maximize nutrients while eliminating bacteria.

• Tests food on its own animals: Evo tests new formulas and newly manufactured foods on animals it cares for itself in order to ensure testing is done humanely and that food is high quality.

• Best for: Active dogs, dogs with allergies and dogs with health issues.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

EVO Dog Food Company Information