3.92/5
  • 1 star
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

EVO Cat Food

In 1992 EVO developed the first ever entirely grain free cat food formula. This formula was concocted to resemble the natural eating habits of your furry feline family and give them all the vitamins and minerals they will need to live a long and healthy life.

EVO understands that a families furry friends are of great importance so our formulas are chock-full of the finest ingredients, from our 95% beef canned cat food to our freshly made dry foods we aspire to fill your pets food dish with the freshest ingredients available. We recognize that not all feline friends have the same likings so our kibble comes in a variety of formulas and flavors to suit even the most trying feline appetites. Let EVO help keep your feline family happy and healthy.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 14, 2017

24 EVO Cat Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My cat really enjoys the flavors of this brand. He has switched food once or twice but always seems to go back to this one. I choose this one because it helps my cat be healthy. He gets a good diet with this brand and has lost weight. It has met mine and my cats needs.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I am very happy with EVO cat food and my cats' response to it. It is healthy and natural. My cats really seem to like the taste also and do not seem to get an upset stomach or any other issues with consuming this food. It seems to be a good fit for my furry family and I am a very satisfied customer. I would recommend that any of my friends that have cats try this brand for their cats. I would think their cats would enjoy it as much as mine.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

One of my cats previously experienced gastrointestinal upset with other foods (and I have tried dozens). Evo cat food is easily digested and is a healthy choice. My cats love the taste and prefer this brand to all others. The kibble is the perfect size. They are satisfied by eating less food and they make less trips to the litter box which is a bonus. The cats are at a healthy weight and their coat is shiny and healthy. However, it's not sold in some stores where I shop and sometimes I can only find it in smaller bag portions. I have 4 cats so I have to buy 2 smaller bags and sometimes it not as affordable to buy 2 small bags instead of 1 large bag.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I like Evo a lot because it is delicious, healthy and nutritious for my precious baby cat. It was very useful to me when I needed the food for my cat so I purchased it without hesitation. This is gourmet cat food that your pet will love because of the variety included in the purchase. It is definitely worth it. It was an overall positive experience and I will continue to purchase this product.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I like the ingredient listing and what the makeup of the food is made of. My cat's coat seems to be better condition after using Evo for a while. My cat likes this food and it is priced well enough to feed the cat as much as is needed. The price is reasonable considering other brands in this category of pet food. There are better brands out there but this one is fine. Also, the packaging looks visibly appealing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EVO Cat Food?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Evo makes my cat feel and look so much better than others. He loves it. Evo is better and more useful than we thought and it has a great look and value as well. It makes a cat so much happier. They also add things other brands do not. However, the price to me was a bit much for what you are paying and it should be lowered. Also, the way they make the bag should change because it looks creepy compared to others.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I like the nutritional value of the cat food. It is made with natural and quality ingredients, so I know that my cat is getting what he needs in order to be healthy specifically, the high protein and the grain free aspects of the cat food. It is great for my cat's health. Also my cat seems to love the taste of EVO. It is free from the fillers and artificial ingredients that are in other cat foods. EVO cat food has exceeded my expectations, mostly because my cat loves it so much and I was not expecting that. The only thing that I dislike about the product is the price. While I do think that it is worth the price, I feel that it is overpriced to a degree compared to the mass produced cat foods on the market.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

EVO is one of the few cat foods that contains zero carbohydrates. Most cat foods that don't contain grains also contain cheap fillers that carnivores don't need but that the advertisers hope will appeal to the omnivorous owners. However, their cans have BPA lining and their food contains gums which are now being found to be harmful to the digestive system (xanthan gum, carrageenan, etc.). Because of this, I won't be buying their canned food anymore and am actively looking for a better brand that also contains no carbohydrates, but that has a BPA-free lining and no gums. Please make it be organic and from the USA and processed in a human food facility.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

This is one of the better products I have found that is a high quality that my cats really enjoy to eat. I also enjoy feeding my cats top quality food. They are part of my family. I want to keep them happy & healthy & what better way to start than a great diet with great nutrition. When you open a bag of EVO you can actually smell the freshness of the cat food compared to other brands that have no smell or smell not so pleasant. I like the quality of the ingredients. Less fillers & more real protein for my cats' diet. The protein is not made of a "chicken or beef" meal either. It is actually chicken. My cats absolutely love this product. They never leave a drop in their bowls after their meals and their coats are nice & shiny. I feel if my cats could put their 2 cents in they would also agree that they enjoy being fed EVO also.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I've seen EVO recommended from several different sources and I've bought this brand for my cat because it is a healthier choice. It does not use artificial or filler ingredients. The ingredients are fresh and natural and is based on what wild cats eat. My cat seems to like the food okay but not more so than some other brands I have bought. I am satisfied with it. There are different flavors but I would like to see even more variety of flavors and products. It is also somewhat more expensive compared to other brands of cat food and it is not always available in the store I shop at.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Evo is really a great cat food brand that I prefer to buy over other brands. It is healthy food with ingredients that I might choose myself for a meal. I like how the ingredients are natural and I can trust Evo to nourish my cat with all the important vitamins. I just wish they had more options for old cats and kittens, maybe a variety that helps with hairballs as my kitty has long beautiful fur that she loves to groom. But it continues to exceed my expectations on how much energy it gives my cat, as well as how much she likes to eat it. I recommend that all cat owners switch to this great healthy brand.

Original review: July 31, 2017

My cat enjoys the taste of EVO Cat Food especially the salmon and vegetable flavors. She is a senior cat and being almost 14 years old, I try to give her what she wants. This is an exceptional cat food and the price is high but it is worth it to me to find a cat food my cat will eat. She is very picky and finicky. It is worth the extra cost to have it delivered on a routine basis.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I like that Evo is grain free and has no by-products, and it has recognizable ingredients. My youngest cat will eat anything, but my older cat is picky and he likes Evo. It's decent but kind of expensive. Like almost all commercially produced pet food, Evo contains way too much meat. Domesticated dogs and cats do not need as much meat as we give them. Both of my pets' blood work improved dramatically when I decreased their meat consumption. I only give them half a serving of Evo and supplement the rest with fruits and vegetables. The vet said my 12-year-old cat had the blood work of a 5-year-old!

Original review: July 29, 2017

I like that Evo is a natural brand without added chemicals. I try to give my cats healthy food. I would like them to eat foods that are better for them so they live longer and healthier lives. While I like the brand and that it is good for my cats, they don't seem to like it very much. I buy it every few months, hoping they will like it. Unfortunately, they usually throw it up. This has been my experience with all premium brand foods. I would tell my friend about the natural ingredients and lack of chemicals. I would also advise my friend that this brand is premium and so, this food costs a little more. But it is worth the extra money if her cats will eat it.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I did not like EVO Cat Food. It was recommended to me by a sales person while shopping for something new for my cat. I asked for a suggestion fo something natural and gentle on a sensitive stomach. My cat seemed to have loved the taste, but it gave her terrible diarrhea and did not respond well to it. The food does not seem particularly well regulated and it was very hard on my cat's stomach. I tried the food for a month hoping she would get used to it, but she never did. So, I had to return the rest of it. I was not impressed. I would not recommend this food to a friend, and if they asked me about it, I would tell them about my negative experience.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It is natural, which I feel is better for our cats. It is also grain free, which is a positive. The fact that it is easily digestible means fewer upset tums and messes to clean up. The wet food is in an easy serving size if you have two cats. It is also easy to find if you go to a pet store chain. But it is a little pricey and I was unable to tell if it also contains greens, which are important parts of feline diets in my opinion.

Original review: July 23, 2017

EVO is a great brand that my cat really enjoys. Before bedtime, I put the food out and she runs anxiously into the kitchen to get her food and she looks very excited for it. The taste is good for my cat and I know it’s a healthy brand for her to eat all the time. Nothing is better than a happy look on your cat’s face when they eat this product and it’s nice for the pet owner to know they are doing something good for their cat. Also, the cost is good.

Original review: July 22, 2017

EVO is a high-quality cat food. This is a nutritional food, it has good and quality ingredients and most of it is grain-free. It is good food but my cats are picky eaters and don't care for it. My cats do not like this food. They prefer other foods over EVO.

Original review: July 21, 2017

EVO is made with fine ingredients that I trust serving my cats. Like most cats, they are finicky about what they eat but they seem to have no problem when I serve them this brand. It is a quality food that allows your cats to get a fine tasting cat food that is good for them in many ways. That alone makes me feel good serving it. I know they are getting the proper nutrients. My vet highly recommends it.

Original review: July 20, 2017

It's formulated for my cat to mimic what a jungle cat would eat. The food seems to be as close to a nutritious blend of plants, veggies, and meat that my cat will eat. They are transparent with what the ingredients are and they are clearly stated on the bag. The dry food blends are very high protein and lower carbs than typical dry food. The individual kibble is very large. It’s high quality but can be very smelly. It's expensive so I feel like I'm not getting a good deal a lot of the time. Sometimes, the bottom part of the bag is literally just crumbs.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Evo is a natural cat food, grain-free, has a variety of flavors and good for a cat’s skin, fur and digestive tract. It is not produced in a human facility so the standards for it's safety are not as good of quality as other cat foods I buy. My cat likes it and it is reasonably priced, and of decent quality despite it being produced in a plant separate from human food.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I like how this particular brand makes their cat food. EVO seems like a company that cares about the cats they are going to be feeding with this food. So far I have been very happy with this brand of cat food since I have been feeding it to the cats for many years. I have had no issues that made me want to change.

Original review: April 14, 2016

Evo Grain Free Chicken and Turkey Dry Cat Food - Over the past 6 months I have noticed that this cat food has dwindled in quality. I have been feeding it to my cats for three years. The last two 15 lb. bags I have purchased (one from Pet Supplies Plus and the other from PetFoodDirect) over the last six months have had as much fine grain sandy material in it as kibble which is a huge waste because my cats won't eat it. It has forced me to use a sifter to get the fine grain sandy portion out and get it down to just kibble. I decided to collect the waste this time and so far I have filled a 3 1/2 qt mixing bowl full from just half a bag! My cats used to eat this food eagerly but this last bag they will hardly touch the food which tells me something is going on with this cat food.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I feel I giving my cat a healthy, no by-products food. My cat seem to enjoy the food that I have selected. He is an older cat with health issues and the food that I selected seems to be something he is able to digest.

EVO Cat Food expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

With a commitment to providing pet foods as close to what nature intended as possible, EVO offers a high-protein, low carbohydrate pet food option. Their goal is to provide the highest possible quality in both dry and canned foods.

• Canned food available: When a manufacturer doesn't make a canned food options for cats, it's difficult to find something that won't upset a cat's stomach. By offering something that is from the same manufacturer, cats can enjoy wet and dry food.

• No potatoes: EVO Cat Food does not contain tubers like potatoes, which are used to add calories and fiber. Cats need more protein and less starch.

• No grains, no gluten: EVO avoids the use of wheat, corn and soy because they are not natural to a cat's diet in the wild.

• Avoid GMOs: EVO foods are GMO free.

• Weight management formula: EVO makes a food to address weight problems for indoor and fixed cats.

• Expert note: EVO issued a voluntary recall for its dry cat food in June 2014 for potential salmonella contamination. Another voluntary recall was issued in November 2014 for cat food with insufficient vitamins and excess minerals.

• Best for: Picky cats and inactive cats.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

EVO Cat Food Company Information