Dynamic Pet Products

Compare Dog Treats

Research top Dog Treats recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT! I made the mistake of giving my dog one of these ham bones. After chewing on it about 1 hour, she violently vomited about 5 hours later. She also experience diarrhea, which she still has 2 days later. She did not eat or drink the following 18 hours, but is now back to eating and drinking. I wish I would have read all these comments before purchasing this bone. I attempted to contact the company via the website (www.dynamicpet.net); however, the website is down (error 404 not found). The company apparently does not want to receive consumer complaints. This product should be recalled based on all the adverse events and deaths that have occurred. Thankfully, we did not experience the horrific stories I read about, but pet parents need to know the dangers of this product.

If you have looked into all of the horrific stories, I thank you. Some of you may remember my best friend's death last year. We gave him a "Real Ham Bone" purchased at Walmart. Thank you all. Wal-mart has removed this product from their shelves and when you go into the Dynamic Pet products website, you will see the product is no longer available. THANK ALL OF YOU FOR CARING ABOUT Teddy and Fred. No more dogs and parents will be hurt or killed by this product again.

I have 3 dogs: an 8 y/o Bichon Frise/Poodle, 3 y/o German Shepherd, and 2 1/2 y/o black lab. Each got a pork bone from Walmart. I noticed the bones fell apart quickly. Around 2 am, my 8 y/o, Sugar, was violently ill. She was vomiting, urinating, and defecating in the house. She was violently shaking and withdrew from the family. My daughter and I took her to the vet. Turns out a large shard of bone was stuck in the valve between her small intestine and large intestine. She couldn't pass it. It caused her intestines to become inflamed, as well as her liver. She went into surgery and they were able to remove the shard. They also found a bunch of small pieces but said that she would pass those. It cost over $3,000 for the surgery for a $5 bone. I deplore you. Do not buy this bone from this company. IT IS HORRIBLE. My poor dog is still at the vet and won't be able to come home until tomorrow or the next day.

I have 3 dogs. I bought 3 Dynamic real ham bones from Walmart. 2 of my 3 dogs became sick afterwards. One started throwing up about a dozen times about 8 hours after I had given them the bone. The other dogs seemed fine until my other one went into some sort of lethargic state. He wouldn't move much, didn't want to eat. I took him to the vet and they thought he had pancreatitis. They told me the ham bones are horrible for dogs - one the fat is too high of context and causes the pancreas issues. Also that ham bones smoked and cooked splinter and get caught inside the dog either causing blockage or cause a tear inside of them requiring surgery.

When I tried to submit an online complaint to the company using their website, they wanted the UPC code. Really? I unpackaged the bone and threw that away. I don't keep the wrappings after I open something. I feel this is a way the company stops from receiving complaints. The company obviously knows their product is causing injury or death to customers pets, yet they continue to sell these bones. It is a shame that a company knowingly sells products that are poisoning or killing pets all for a money. Take your product off the market! People think they're treating their pets not knowing they're harming them.

Unfortunately I purchased this "Real Ham Bone" by Dynamic Pet Products which caused serious health problems similar to everyone on here for my 10 pound Maltese named "Sofia." Ten hours later I was faced with her screaming in pain, vomiting and bleeding from the rectum when trying to go to the bathroom. I immediately took her to her vet who gave her an Xray, an enema and basically telling me to watch her through the night. 1 hour later I was taking her to an emergency hospital called VSC who were wonderful. After almost losing my precious companion and feeling helpless I now am reading these comment on this deadly bone.

Needless to say after almost losing my Sofia, watching her suffer and paying a huge amount of money to save her life I do not understand how this company refuses to take this product off the market and I refuse to shop in Walmart because of them still selling the product. This is a disgrace! The vet at the hospital told me he sees this all the time! Do not give your dog any kind of bones!! If anyone has any information on this company or is taking this further please let me know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dynamic Pet Products?

Dynamic Pet Products sells a product called "real ham bone" that is a femur from a pig. It's along side all the other safe pet products at my local grocery store. There is a warning on the label that is vague and leads you to believe that their product is safe if you give it to your dog sparingly and adds they should drink lots of water. You are also not to let the bone splinter.

My dog chewed on it over 5 days, with me giving it to him at night for short periods of time, and chewed through one of the heads of the femur. This is roughly less than 1/4 of the bone over 5 days. There has been no splintering. We woke up to him vomiting displaying uncharacteristic bladder and bowel incontinence. The vomit felt like sharp/spiky sand through the paper towel I used during cleanup. He has now been admitted at my veterinarian's animal hospital for blood in his stool and is under observation. The major concerns are obstruction, perforation, and or infection.

The Real Ham Bone is the equivalent of giving a child candy with a razor in it and telling the parent that it is SAFE FOR CHILDREN, but don't let the razor cut the child. Because that would be unsafe... This product needs to have a label that states that it is as dangerous as any bone normally is. It is sold next to all of the other safe treats that won't kill your dog. This is analogous to selling detergent pods mixed in with candy. Remember kids, dishwasher pods are completely safe to put in your mouth and suck on!! Just make sure you don't swallow it or its contents! This company knows what they are doing.

My dog ate this bone. He could not breathe. He could not walk. We rushed him to the ER and they told us the pieces of the bone were getting stuck in his stomach. My dog almost died and his vet bill is 1,750. I ask that you take these off the shelf at Walmart and don't sell them before something happens to another dog. I want to be refunded or will contact the BBB.

I bought one of these at Walmart for my English Bulldog. He really liked it, but a couple of days later he started vomiting A LOT and appeared to be having trouble with a bowel movement. I ended up taking him to the vet because he couldn't even keep water down. They X-rayed him and found he appeared to have a blockage in his intestines. He had immediate surgery and once they got in, they determined the main problem was a blockage in his colon. They removed a mass a little smaller than a golf ball of pieces of this bone. Once the blockage was removed, everything that was backed up in his intestines came out including large shards of the bone. The Dr. said once the mass dried out, it crumbled into grainy pieces. He is fine now, but the total cost for this emergency was about $2,000!

It's 430 in the morning and I can't sleep because my dog is acting like he's on drugs. I thought it would be a great idea to buy one of the ham bone treats for my dog on his birthday which was Halloween. He quickly dove into the bone and it appeared as if he really enjoyed it but I thought it was really weird that after only a few minutes of eating it he became disinterested. I tried putting it next to him and he would walk away from it. Few hours later he started vomiting and I could tell that my little guy was not doing well.

He seemed OK for the last two days but today the 3rd leading into the 4th, he has been pacing and running around the room staring off into space sitting down in one spot for a few seconds and then bolting to the next with his ears in the high alert. It appears as if he's almost seeing ghosts or something. His energy level is through the roof like he is on speed and he can't sleep and he has no interest in food but he is drinking water. I'm keeping a close eye on him but I definitely attribute it to the bone. Praying to god this passes. Worried for my little guy.

I just got back from the vet. Thank God my dog is going to live. She has pancreatitis, is severely dehydrated and can't stop throwing up and has diarrhea. The only good news was that her intestines are not blocked but she still has to pass about 5 more shards from this bone. This product is a menace to all dog lovers. I feel terrible that I gave this product to my dog. I believe this company should pay for their indifference and Wal-Mart needs to stop selling this product.

Have 3 dogs sick from (Dynamic Pet Product Real Ham Bones bought at WAL-MART) with poops! 2 which are show dogs!!! Not that this matters for I love them the same but the cost involved does! This product should be taken off store shelves NOW!

My dog has had many ham bones. She has never reacted in the way she did when eating this bone. She had the worst diarrhea I've ever seen from an animal. She broke her kennel in order to get away from the 1/2 inch of diarrhea filling the bottom of her kennel and continued to run around my house with poop everywhere!! Don't buy this junk. I will be suing this company if they don't cover my carpet cleaning bill. At this point it's not about money.

I purchased 4 of these for my 2 dogs on August 1st, 2015. They are medium sized dogs. I only let them chew on them for about 15 minutes thinking real bones are pretty rich for them. The next day they both had the runs for the next few days. At first I attributed it to them not being used to real bones until a girl at work told me there was something on the news recently about a certain bone making dogs sick. We looked it up and these were the bones I purchased. Thank goodness they only chewed on them for 15 minutes. No vomiting, but steady runs for 2 days. I threw all 4 away. I look specifically for things made in the US for the dogs as the US is suppose to be strict on products. TAKE THESE OFF YOUR SHELVES WALMART AND ANYONE ELSE SELLING THEM.

I recently purchased this Ham dog bone from Walmart on a Monday and my dog got really sick on Tuesday. Really bad vomiting and diarrhea. He could not keep water down and I thought he just had an upset stomach. I found him dead the next day under our kid's bed. He was the healthiest dog I have ever seen. When I moved him he started bleeding from the mouth. After reading all the other cases on this website I would have never bought this product. I highly recommend that Walmart remove this and that no one ever purchases this product.

I bought two of these bones earlier this year and gave them to my dogs. I usually give them frozen raw bones and there's never a problem. Within hours my dogs were having explosive diarrhea all over the house and it was a disaster. I am appalled that this company remains in business poisoning dogs for profit. Disgusting. My dogs survived, but never again will I fall for their ruse. I don't give my dogs any treats. Only dog food and the frozen bones. The whole pet food and dog treat industry is corrupt as far as I'm concerned. It's not enough to avoid products made overseas that kill dogs. It is happening with the approval of current governmental regs in this country. Shame on the entire industry.

My husband and I had purchased this product (deadly ham bone) from the local grocery store back in April 2015... Nelly is a German Rottweiler, bigger breed and Raj is a jack Russell (small breed)... From what I recall, the day after they both consumed the bones, Nelly ate it ALL, fairly quickly, and Raj ate roughly 1/4...2-3 hours after they consumed them, Nelly started whining, she cried, she was clearly uncomfortable :( I cannot tell you how many times I was up letting her in and out to potty... We got really concerned when she would come back in and Vomit grass, blood, and anything else in her system, including bone fragments...

We definitely watched her closely for the next few days, We were so scared thinking she had Parvo... The diarrhea the vomiting, loss of appetite etc... I was forcing water down her throat to keep her hydrated... I look back and wish I would have known about this "hickory smoked deadly bone" prior to spoiling my fur-babies... Raj was also sick, vomiting and diarrhea, however after a day he was fine...

This Product needs to be removed from all shelves, taken out of all stores!!! Our fur-babies are family... Dogs are not just replaceable... They are our best friends, our children and we love them unconditionally... Our babies are loyal companions... YOU ARE KILLING OUR BABIES... YOU ARE COSTING FAMILIES THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN VET BILLS BY YOUR PRODUCT!!!

I will make sure this gets out to as many people as possible... I will spread the word... If I must take 1 week off work to print up flyers to hang on your product in all area stores selling it, i will do it!!! This is not something anyone should put on the back burner... I hope these people with lawsuits win!!! YOU are an animal MURDERER... you should be charged with FELONY animal abuse and in some cases, animal abuse causing death!!! DO SOMETHING!!! STOP KILLING THESE POOR SOULS.

On Friday, June 5th I purchased a Dynamic Ham Bone for my miniature dachshund, Oscar. Every Friday I pick up a treat for my little guy. I thought he would enjoy a different bone than my usual purchase. Turned out to be one of the worst decisions I have ever made. The next morning Oscar was a little sluggish, but I thought it would pass. By late afternoon he was in really bad shape. He couldn't keep any food or water in his system and I became very worried. I watched him drink like he hadn't had any water in days and all of it came right back up so we headed to the vet. Just telling the vet what the product was brought about many concerns for my little guy. We ran some blood work and found that he was severely dehydrated - his cells had less than half the amount of water they were supposed to have.

The vet wanted him to stay over night, but I didn't have the $1,200 dollars required for treatment and overnight care. He thought taking him home would be a death sentence, but I didn't have any other option. He provided me with the medical treatments that would give Oscar the best chance at surviving. The vet tech showed me how to give him twice daily saline injections and medication to fight infection. At home hospital care, close monitoring and lots of love was the best that I could do for him. I couldn't believe we were in this mess over what was supposed to be a special treat.

Three days I watched as he would show some improvement and then get worse. I lay with him crying several times, expecting to watch him take his last breath. On day 4 we finally saw signs of my healthy little guy. He began moving around and eating more. We are so very fortunate that he survived this. Dynamic Ham Bones nearly cost my dog his life. This product needs to be taken off the market. No one should have to go through this... The product is made for dogs and it is causing severe medical issues, even death for so many.

I got this bone from Walmart, gave to my healthy and she died 16 hrs later. Vet could not help. This dog bone is deadly. Do not get this bone from Walmart and Dynamic Pet dog bones. Just don't do it.

I bought this bone for my amazing 2-year-old Boston Terrier. She's never had trouble with her stomach until I got her this bone which claims to be pet friendly. The shelf was full of them so I thought "I bet she would love that." I bought her the bone on Monday and let her chew the bone in my supervision so she didn't over indulge and then again on Tuesday. By Wednesday she began to get sick. Diarrhea and vomiting nonstop. I called the vet and she is on a special diet of white rice and chicken broth in hopes that she can pass the bone fragments. She is still very ill and we are waiting to see what happens next. I bought her this bone because she was diagnosed on Sunday with corneal dystrophy and sadden by the news I wanted to help her feel better and look what has happened.

I'm 16 years old and finishing up my junior year of high school. I've had both my dogs since they were puppies. We are the only family they know. We love our dogs and only give them American made products. Now I'm sitting on the floor holding my 4 year old pup, waiting, wishing, and meditating on the thought that my 2 year old pup will return home from the emergency clinic. Take your dogs to the clinic IMMEDIATELY, waste no time. Don't even chance it. I don't think people truly understand how easy it is to make money when family is in danger.

This damned "real ham" bones are killing my puppies and dogs around the world. Hundreds of dogs have suffered and died from these bones and the FDA is taking no action. I'm not religious, nor have I ever been, but I am sending every ounce of energy in my body to whatever higher power there is (whether it be god) to save my pups and differ other owners away from these horrific knives that this company calls a treat. I shouldn't have to be comforting my dog saying that my other dog is going to come home safe. I shouldn't have to be calling customers trying to make extra sales in order to afford this potential surgery at 11 at night. This company should have went utterly bankrupt a long time ago. For those of you who dabble with stocks, I'd start buying short because this company is going down.

I purchased this product from Wal-Mart. It was $3.48 "treat". That night after my dachshund chewed on the bone she began to become very ill. Vomiting, diarrhea, was so weak she could barely move. Took her to the vet and had bloodwork done. She has pancreatic failure. I am so thankful for the vet because she saved her life. For over five days it was a battle whether or not she would make it. She did not fully recover until 2 weeks later. I filed a complaint with Wal-Mart and of course they could care less about your pet. I was never followed up with in regards to complaint.

I purchased the bone on Saturday May 9. I gave it to my dog Sunday afternoon. She was very uncomfortable and kept going outside but seemed to be constipated. Later Sunday night she vomited. By Monday morning she had diarrhea. By the time I reached my vets she died on my lap at 7 am. I wish I had read these reviews before. I would never had given it to my dog. They should be pulled off the shelves.

I bought Dynamic Pet real ham bone for our dog. She chewed on the bone and in next 12 hours she got really sick. It started with diarrhea and vomiting which we thought will pass in few hours but around 11:30 AM, April 20th, 2015 our dog started to bleed from rectum. So, we rushed her to emergency and found out that it was too late. Her intestine were damaged and bleeding badly. She needed a blood transfusion and her prognosis was really bad. So, we had to make the dreadful decision to put her down.

I didn't know at first what caused all this. Upon research, I found this bone to be culprit, which I purchased from Walmart. I read so many complaints on the internet forums and I can't believe that this bone is still out there. I am sorry that I went to save a $1 instead of sticking with a known and tried brand. This brand is dollar cheaper than other brands. Our dog passed away on April 22nd of 2015 at 1:30 AM.

Today they have broken the hearts of a family and their kids. I was devastated this morning at 3:00 am when I received a call from the hospital my dog was staying at due to the "Ham bone" sold at Walmart by the company of Dynamic Pet Products. My beloved dog died at 3:00 am. Due to this product. Sadly for my friend whom I had known for 7 years ever since he was 2 months old and in my palms, didn't die peacefully. My dog had a life expectancy of at least 14 years and nobody can give me back all those years I was to spend with him. My dog being in the intensive care of fluids and repeated check-ups didn't make it. He bleed internally, after having multiple seizures and throwing up blood to death he passed away. Nobody should have to deal with the pain of a loved one passing away specially knowing he didn't die peacefully.

The owners of the company should pay for this as well as Walmart for selling this product which killed my dog. I looked through the official website of Dynamic Pet Products and found it to be incredibly rude. They obviously know their products have killed dogs and yet take no action whatsoever. My other two dogs threw up but thank God they are alive. I not only have to suffer with this pain for the rest of my life but so do my kids. I paid over $1,000 of medical bills to attempt to save my dog and I didn't get my friend back and never will. Please, Please, Please, for the people out there with dogs do not buy this product.

My dog almost died this weekend because he ate on a bone sold in the pet section at Walmart. It is made by Dynamic Pet Products. There are hundreds of complaints online and with the fda. Dynamic is aware these had killed and also made a lot of dogs sick. Walmart is also aware. However, they continue to manufacturer and sell the bones. We never have given our dog a bone before but thought since these were being sold as a pet treat they should be safe.

My husband purchased one and gave to our dog on Thursday evening. Friday morning he woke up throwing up. We took him to the Vet that did X-rays and blood work. They thought they saw something and possibly a blockage. We took him home but knew he was really sick so went to the emergency animal hospital. They did a sonogram and saw a blockage in the small intestines. They had to do surgery. They removed bone fragments from his inflamed small intestines. He was already having toxins backing up in his stomach. They had to pump all the toxic fluid from his stomach. We just got to bring him home this morning. He is in a lot of pain and can barely get up and down.

I'm so mad and frustrated that a perfectly healthy 9 year old dog is now going through all this pain. This is senseless and should have never happened. Please help spread the word and help get these off the shelves and help us hold these companies accountable. I don't want this to happen to another dog and family. We spent close to 6000.00 this weekend to save our fur baby. Please pray for him to recover.

Hambone - We purchased this product at Walmart on April 25, 2015. After giving it to our dog she became violently ill, constantly vomiting and shaking. We took her to the vet the following morning where she was given x-rays. There were pieces of the bone in her intestines which are causing her pain and she is not eating. She currently is taking 2 different types of antibiotics and pain medication as well. The vet told us that she is not out of the woods yet and it may be days before we will know for sure. If she continues to vomit and not move her bowels there is a chance that she will need surgery all because of this item. I have contacted the store we bought this item at and will continue to contact any other store that sells this item to have it removed from the shelves. My husband and I also feel that this company should be held accountable for our pets suffering.

Gave my dog the ham bone and woke up to her puking up chunks of it and very sick! I'm praying she will be ok!!!!! If not a vet visit is definitely in our future today. I have read recent reviews and now I'm beating myself up!!!! I wished I would have never given it to her. I hate seeing my baby so sick! And she isn't a little dog either- 90lbs!!!! Please remove these from the shelves!!!! Ours came from Walmart. DO NOT BUY THESE FOR YOUR DOGS!!!! I WILL BE SENDING A VET BILL TO THE COMPANY IF WE HAVE TO GO!!!!

Dynamic Pet Ham Bone - I was very displeased with the product they are selling, my pit bull seemed to love it as he loves chewing on almost any bone but the next day when I came home from work he was standing in his kennel shaking and his kennel was full of vomit and diarrhea with small pieces of bones in it. I have always heard chicken bones splinter and they should not be fed to dogs but this is a ham bone that is supposedly a pet treat! This went on for about a week and the vet told me to monitor his bowel movements and to bring him back if needed.

Megatron is back to feeling better now but I will never buy another product from this company again and I urge you to do the same. I have since read articles about people losing their pets after buying this product! I assumed because it was made in the USA it would be okay, well you know what they say about assuming. Hands down worst pet product ever.

DO NOT buy this bone for your pet. I bought this bone for my dog and a few hours after eating it he became very ill. Vomiting, loose stool. My dog just laid around and would not move, he wouldn't eat for days. We gave him the bone on Sunday and took him to the vet on Tuesday morning. He was given a shot and antibiotics. We were told if we hadn't taken him he could have died. I called Wal-mart but I still see the bones on the shelf. Too bad people will not look for reviews before they buy the bone only after something happens to their dog.

I gave my 3 dogs these bones from Walmart and in a matter of seconds my dogs were sick! These need to be pulled immediately. Thank god my dogs were ok, but for some not the same. Same symptoms my dogs had just like the rest.

Dynamic Pet Products Company Profile