4.67/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

12 DOGTEK Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The instructions were easy to understand and made the installation very easy and hassle free. It's easy to use and very effective. I like that the fence is safe and it's also very affordable. It gives my dog plenty of room to run and keeps him inside the yard. I wouldn't use any other fence for my dog. Anyone looking into buy an electric fence should purchase from DOGTEK.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

It was very easy to install. My husband and I did it ourselves in a couple of hours. It was very effective and didn't harm the dogs at all but still worked very well. The dogs stayed away from the fence. They learned what colors we used on the clips and they would stay away from anything we attached a clip to. I like that you can change it to meet your needs without having to call the company to come do it. It's very adaptable. However, it should have more clip color options and maybe some different lengths. It would be helpful also if more locations carried the parts but that's not a deficiency with the fencing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

DOGTEK is an awesome product. I love it. A great value for the money. Portable and contained. DOGTEK needs to be smaller with less shock, wifi compatible and an app would be nice so you can access it from your phone and be able to see your dog from the phone. The collar needs to be smaller and more viable. Longer range would be more effective in controlling the dog. It also needs more stobs for the fence part and could use an automatic sensor to cut on and off or alert you if your dog is within the zone area so you can visibly see your dog.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My dog has been able to stay in the pasture now and not chase my goats. She has been shocked and scared her a lot at the beginning but overall is the best fencing for my overall goal of teaching her how to stay in her own area. That way it is easy to train my dog, for years now I have tried everything I know of. I also like the durability. It is manufactured in detail so that it will last a long time and only be used on my dog to train. But the not so easy installation is a hassle for me. It took a while to understand the instructions as they were not well paragraphed in the instruction box the fact if it gets wet you will not get a problem. But very good to install for my son. It did not take very long and he was very pleased with this brand of fencing. I recommend this fence to all my farm friends.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I am fully satisfied with the reliability and setup and maintenance of DOGTEK. It was safe and easy to set up. It worked flawlessly from the start, had minimal upkeep and had minimal effect on electric bill. It worked well in all weathers and circumstances and my dog learned quickly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DOGTEK?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Dogtek is a great device. I love my pet and always want the to be safe. DOGTEK allows me to do that. I love the pet camera, it's good for me to keep up with my pet when I am not around. I like the electronic fence feature. It great for training new dogs. I can also train my dog not to bark so much all the time. If you have a new dog or you want to train your existing dog DOGTEK is for you. DOGTEK has reliable features that will have your dog trained in no time.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Dogtek is a good choice to keep your pet inside his designated perimeter in your yard and I feel good about it. It helps make the situation better by knowing they are safe and can’t run away often and still enjoy being outside anytime. I like that it covers the perimeter around my yard and the collar that beeps if something has happened. But the battery seems to drain pretty quickly and that doesn’t need to happen for your dog's safety and my peace of mind. I also don’t like the shocks it sends sometimes to my pet, kind of makes me feel sorry for them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I love my pet and I want to give them the best. By using DOGTEK I am doing just that. It’s using a electronic fence that I love so my dog never strays. The process of installing the app was quite easy but the set up using the electronic dog fence was a little time consuming. But with the helpful instructions I was able to get it together on my own. But even though I love DOGTEK, I would change a few things. I would modernize it even more, maybe even make an controlled app so I can always know what my pet is doing.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

DOGTEK was pretty easy to install. I had my dad help me as he had done it before at his house. We just buried the wire and covered it although he did most of it by himself while I was working. I like the dog fence because I don't worry about my dog getting lost when I'm away, he can't leave the yard. I like not having to worry about my dog roaming the neighborhood at night or during the day. And although DOGTEK is not that expensive, dropping the price would make it better.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Liked DOGTEK’s effectiveness and safety. It performed well in all types of weather and seemed to be an effective and humane method of keeping dogs in an enclosed yard. The installation process was fairly simple and the instructions were straightforward. Had a good experience and would recommend the Dogtek system to others.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I like that it doesn't hurt the animal, very affordable and very reliable. Instructions were easy to read and not many tools were needed for set up. I have very rocky backyard but after making a decision on where to put it it was a piece of cake to assemble. I would buy more products from this company. I like it the way it is but I would have included tools that were needed for setup and printed instructions with bigger letters so they would be easier to read.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

It's easy and effective to install. Directions were to simple to understand and evaluate in the process of putting up the fence. Very happy that the total time to install was reasonable in manner. The majority of the time was spent on OCD tendencies to effectively hide the invisible fence. Other than that it was amazing in how fast time just seemed to fly by.

DOGTEK expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

DOGTEK makes training tools for dogs, including an in-ground fence. The company is headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, and has been in business since 2009.

• Options: DOGTEK offers one in-ground fence in addition to a few other training products. You can buy DOGTEK products at Sears and WalMart and online on Amazon, Wayfair, eBay and Chewy.

• Warranty: DOGTEK’s products come with a one-year limited warranty. The company guarantees its products will be free from defects in materials or flaws in workmanship during that time.

• Owner’s manual: If you ever misplace the owner’s manual for your DOGTEK fence, simply download another from the company’s website.

• Shipping: DOGTEK says it ships orders the next business day, so you’ll get them quickly. You can pay for expedited shipping to get the product as fast as possible.

• Blog: The DOGTEK website features a blog with informational articles. It includes information about the company’s products and how those products have helped specific consumers.

• Best for: people who can’t put up a fence because of HOA restrictions, people who don’t like the look of standard fences and people with hard-to-contain dogs.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

DOGTEK Company Information