3.98/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking for a new brand of food for your pet? Diamond Pet Foods offers a variety of dry & canned food, as well as treats made specifically for your dogs. Our food is made from high-quality ingredients in order to give your dog the best nutrition possible. Visit our website today to learn more about our products & ingredients!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

I like all my dogs to be on Diamond Pet Foods and we're using the Diamond Naturals right now. But the Hi-Energy dog food is really good for one of my males is so active. It has kept him from being skinny. Also, I like the puppy food. I have Labs and usually, I have two litters a year, almost three. Diamond’s customer service has been good and they send the samples right out when I need them. All the dog foods are close to the same price but the dogs seem to do good on Diamond.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I breed Siberian Huskies, Norwegian Elkhounds, Shiba Inus, and Pomeranians and they’re all on Diamond Naturals. I love the fact that meat is the first ingredient. I don’t have to get the Blue or more expensive food, and the price fits right in. I always have a litter and Diamond really helps with the transition from nursing through mommas, because I wet the food down before they start eating the hard and now, they all have mixed food. I've been using Diamond for the last 10 years and I’ve got a great experience with them. They always give my samples out in time when I order them. I send the puppies home with samples and I recommend to every one of my customers. I tell them I prefer them to stay on that.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I recently tried Diamond brand dog food for the first time. I chose the Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice. My pointer/pit bull mix seemed to like the taste. Unfortunately it gave him bad gas, upset stomach (even with a slow transition) to where he obviously felt awful, and anal problems. I don't know what was wrong with the product but I had to throw out a lot of dog food. Another brand I will never touch again.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My cat had been eating Diamond Indoor cat formula for the last 5 years but I got a new bag on April 11 2019, and he started throwing up. 11 times in one night so I had to take him to the vet. Nothing was found but nothing else except the food had changed. The rest of that week I fed him baby food which he was able to keep down. The next weekend another bag of the same food arrived, as I thought maybe that badge was bad. That day he ate again from the new bag and started throwing up again. Diamond says nothing was found in quality control but I have no doubt it was something with the new bags of food. Has anybody else has had any recent problems with this food?

Diamond Pet Foods response

Hi Luisa- we spoke to your vet. She shared it was the third time your cat has had vomiting issues since coming to the US. This one involved a hairball. Your vet said she did not have a diagnosis but had a list of differential diagnoses (possible reasons for the vomiting). You may wish to follow up with her to see if the exact cause can be identified. We understand the next step is xrays and bloodwork

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had purchased Diamond Naturals Chicken on Monday, April 22nd from Care-a-Lot in St. Clairsville, OH and started mixing it in with his other food on Tuesday evening as I was going to start feeding him this food. He is a 20lb Cairn Terrier, who has never had any issues with any food he has eaten, until now. He threw up in the middle of the night Tuesday, threw up 4 times yesterday and once last night and 4 times today. He doesn't seem as if anything is bothering him and is still acting normal. Still wanting to eat and drink at this point as well. I have never given him this food and the only reason I switched to it was because I switched him from grain free back to grain food. He doesn't have any allergies or issues with chicken as he was eating Whole Earth Farms Small Breed Chicken and Turkey. I am not sure why this is happening, if it is related to the food switch or something else but I am very concerned for him as this is not usual behavior.

Diamond Pet Foods response

We emailed you last Thursday. In case you didn't get it, here is the body of the email "Sorry to hear that. What’s his name? How long had he been on WEF’s? What was the foods ratio you fed Tuesday? About how long after he ate did the middle of the night vomit happen? What was in the vomit- undigested food, liquid, foam, bile? I’m glad he’s acting normal otherwise. It does sound like an allergic reaction. Maybe to the rice since the other ingredients are similar between the two brands? Do you still have the bag? If so we would love to have the production code from the bag, hopefully you still have it"

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have used the green bag of Diamond for something time now and had no issues. I bought a bag in April of this year and will probably never buy any more. My dogs stools became runny and had blood in it. They lost weight drastically and began throwing up blood as well. I switched to Blue Buffalo and these issues are now gone. My dogs could have died from this food and I'm very lucky they didn't. I'm not sure what happened this year to the dog food. Maybe the ingredients changed but I really hope y'all are looking into this to fix the problem!

Diamond Pet Foods response

Glad they are doing better. Might you still have the bag?

Resolution response: April 24, 2019

The company has actually reached out to me already and they are trying to help me figure out the ear infection issues. Another reason why I want to continue to support this brand!
It has not even been 24hrs

Hopefully we can figure this out so all 3 of my fur babies can go back to eating the food they love!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

We have used Diamond Naturals since day 1 with our pit bull. She loves the food and has been eating it for 4 years. All the sudden she is experiencing ear infection after ear infection. We changed foods and the infections stopped but she does not like the food. I am tired of trying different foods wasting money and for her to keep having something different. I would like to go back to Diamond but am wondering if they have changed anything? I'm scared to try it again. I have 2 dogs and they both prefer the Diamond food. Can Diamond let me know if anything changed before I risk trying it again?

Original review: April 17, 2019

My vet recommended Diamond Pet Foods back in the seventies (Texas). When I moved to Colorado, it was hard to find. The local Big "R" carries, but doesn't always have the type I feed my dogs. They are thriving!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

My husband did his homework regarding the food he would feed our dogs. He did research & found what he wanted. It's sold in Hsv, Al. @ Garvin's Feed & Seed. We've used this dog food now for 10 yrs. & we are still pleased. All 3 dogs love it.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have three dogs and my dogs love this food; they are very healthy; it is lower in cost than most premium dog foods and easily found in most pet/feed stores. Just a really good all around food. I have recommended this food to all my dog parent friends and family.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information