2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
Accredited Partner

Shop on Chewy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.71/5

Looking for a new brand of food for your pet? Diamond Pet Foods offers a variety of dry & canned food, as well as treats made specifically for your dogs. Our food is made from high-quality ingredients in order to give your dog the best nutrition possible. Visit our website today to learn more about our products & ingredients!

View More View More
Diamond Pet Foods Shop on Chewy

Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2020

I have Australian Shepherds and on average, I have 10 litters a year. Diamond was easily accessible to me and my dogs did very well on it. It was better than what I had been feeding them. The price was very reasonable too. I've been using Diamond for maybe three years now and I just started sending puppies with their samples this past year along with the pamphlet. I tell the owners that that is what the puppy has been on and how well my dogs do on it. I let them know that we feed our adults the Diamond as well. We feed them the Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete. I tried so many different things before. I would have one dog that did get on something and one that didn’t. I was having a lot of lose stool and such. But on the Diamond, everybody has good energy, nice coats, good stool, and no health issues. They all like it.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I've been using Diamond Pet Foods for several years. I have Shar-Peis and was trying to find the best diet for them. Diamond seemed to be the most economical and healthiest diet for them. You hear about skin issues but I never have had any issue on that food with them.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Diamond Pet Food is all-natural and it’s for all life stages. I've been using Diamond for my French Bulldogs for about a year now. I like that I can use it for my puppies and my adults. I had a little bit of a problem with mold in a bag that I opened. There were molds on the individual pieces and it probably was a total of two cups worth of food that was moldy. I ended up taking it back to the store and they replaced it. I was not happy with that situation at all because if I hadn’t caught it, my dogs would have been eating moldy food.

Diamond Pet Foods response

Sorry to hear about the mold! It is benign, much like mold on bread is, but nonetheless, it's unpleasant to find. We closely monitor the moisture level through out the production run, so I'm surprised this happened. Thank you for letting us know

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The breeder was using Diamond Pet Foods but we noticed that our dog had the runts so we stopped using Diamond and I started making my own dog food.

Diamond Pet Foods response

Hope your little pupper is doing well. It can be challenging to make a balanced diet at home. We have several different formulas. If you're interested in finding one that might work better feel free to call us at 800-442-0402.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I’ve been on Diamond, the purple bag, for a few years. I used that with all my litters, because I breed German Shepherds and English Bulldog. I stopped for a while though. It seemed like the formula had changed. Everybody’s poops smelled horrible. My other dog couldn’t keep her weight. It wasn’t a good situation. So, we went back to Iams. And we recently just started back using Diamond. We've been using the Diamond Naturals, and it’s been amazing.

I breed. I normally have puppies all year around and I contacted Diamond one time for puppy packs. Diamond pet food definitely helped my dog gained weight like my one Shepherd. My other dogs’ poops are solid. And it’s not discolored, which was an issue that I had when I went with the other dog foods out there. They all had different colorful pieces in it, and it just didn’t agree with them. Another thing, my other English Bulldog's allergies have pretty much cleared up. He used to have a really red and blotched face, and his ears used to be swollen. Since I switched to the Naturals, he’s perfect.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I'm a breeder and I use large breed Diamond puppy food for my Airedale Terriers. I also have Yorkies that I use the small breed Diamond Natural for. With it, my dogs don't poop as much and they seem to be healthy. I used to get the ears of the dogs done and after they got cropped, their ears stood up really well. In the last few years however, they don’t do as well and it’s because of lack of calcium. I contacted Diamond customer service about the calcium issue and the rep was rude. Still, I always recommend Diamond Pet Foods. They should give out coupons though.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

It's been a year and a half that I've been with Diamond. With the number of dogs I have and the quality of nutrition, I have to buy so much quantity and I wanted to keep my budget down. So, the cost of the Diamond and the quality of the food just fit my budget. I breed long coat German shepherds and I send Large Breed Puppies with the Diamond samples. I sent an email and over the application. I got the samples but I wasn't told how do I keep getting more sample. I'm wondering who to call or if I email again.

With my large ones, I have them on the Diamond Hi-Energy. It's a high pro. The pet food puts weight on my dogs and it makes their coats nice and soft. If they eat more of it, they absorb more of it rather than just coming out in their waste. I've been impressed with the food. Overall, I would recommend it. Before, my dogs weren't gaining any weight and their coats were dry and looked terrible.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I've been using Diamond Pet Foods for about two years now. I started with it because I liked the ingredients and my pets seem to like the taste. I use the All Natural and my pets seem to stay healthy whenever I use it. Their stool seems solid too. So, I thought I would stick with Diamond. I have Labradoodles and we have about four litters a year. We send the information with the puppies that is provided by Diamond. However, we did call in and speak to someone not too long ago about the bags not being sealed and they said they would talk to someone and address that. And just the other night, I was at a different location getting some Diamond food, not the same one I normally do, and it was the same deal. The bags were not sealed at the top.

This was at a Menards store and I called the person, the manager from Menards, back to the back and showed them where the bags were not sealing. They were all open in the corners at the top of the bag. There was always the risk of rodents that could get in there because it was open big enough that they could definitely get in there. I told them I contacted Diamond and let them know about the issue ‘cause apparently they've had an issue with the machines that was sealing those bags. So, they’ve seen what it was. They took a picture of it. I told Menards maybe they could say something to Diamond.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I have golden retrievers. We used another dog food but I switched to the Diamond Naturals for about three years. It’s good stuff. We put our adult dogs back on the Diamond after having the pups and they got their luster back and gain weight. So we stopped switching them and only use the Diamond Naturals now. I have my adult dogs on the Extreme Athlete. During pregnancy and after they had pups they usually lose a lot of weight and they kinda lose the shininess of their fur but when they stay on that Extreme Athlete they stay healthy. They do lose a small amount, but that’s normal. But they never get where they're super, super skinny. My puppies stay really healthy. The milk production is insane while they're on there. It works great.

I recommend Diamond to all of my puppy customers. I sent the puppies home with all the puppy kits and I recommend that they keep them on the Diamond Naturals. And when they transition into adult dog food I recommend that their owners keep them on the Diamond Naturals, either the Large Breed Dog or the Extreme Athlete. And so far they all have.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I breed several dogs and I've been feeding them Diamond for 15 years. I use the Naturals chicken and rice because it’s for all ages. It's a good quality dog food. Also, it’s available in multiple places and it’s priced in the middle. It’s not cheap dog food and it’s not gonna bust the bank. It’s affordable. It’s family-friendly.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information