California Natural Cat Food

For over 20 years, California Natural has been providing families with kibble that both felines and owners can agree on. When formulated, our objective was to provide your feline family members with tasty kibble packed with only the best meats and freshest fruits and vegetables.

California Natural appreciates that not all furry friends have similar appetites, so we offer a variety of flavors and formulas to cater to all our customers most unique demands. Each pack of food is prepared with the fewest ingredients so every kibble provides nutritional value while giving your furry friend a taste they will love. It's our goal to fill your cat's bowl with our nutritious ingredients.

Compare Cat Food

Research top Cat Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It meets my expectations because it has the real food and ingredients that I know instead of the grain fillers. It helps with performance of cats. It also helps fill cat belly and make coat shiny and smooth to make kitty looks so much better than others coats. But California Natural Cat Food is highly expensive and sometimes I cannot afford it so I have to purchase other brands to be able to afford the food the next time I go to purchase food for my kitty.

I chose California Natural Cat Food because it was at a good price compared to other brands. Also, I like that it had a lot of natural ingredients. My cat did eat the entire bowl I put down for her and she does not always do that. But the food that I had given to her might be a little too hard for a cat with teeth that were not taken care of by their owner.

I was looking for a healthy option for my cat and I thought California Natural Cat Food would be a great option for my 7 year old cat. I tend to look for quality food that makes her coat shiny, aids healthy digestion and that she would enjoy eating. She's more of an indoor cat, so I prefer if it kept her at a healthy weight as well. I bought the dry cat food version to replace my last brand favorite. She seems to still be adjusting to it, my cat is being picky towards the food so far. With just starting this new brand, I'm still waiting to see if the benefits are present before negatives. I am hopeful that I would see some positive results in the next few months. As of today my only complaint is that she’s not crazy about the flavor, but there's other options she may like.

I like that they offer grain free options. It is important to me that my cat gets proper nutrition from her food without me having to spend unreasonable amounts of money to do so. My cat seems to like it as well. The price is a little high if you do not get it on sale or with a coupon, but it is not so bad compared to other "premium" brands that claim to be all natural and grain free. Overall, this is a good value for the money spent.

The brand California Natural Cat Food, I purchased for a dog, not a cat because of allergies. I ordered this food for my dog because he kept breaking out or developing what seemed to be allergies. Turns out it was food allergies. The price was really my only real issue. Other than that, it works wonders, but you will pay extra for the natural ingredients. Of course, it did stop my dog from breaking out into horrible allergic reactions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about California Natural Cat Food?

I like it because the ingredients are good (not fillers)and my cat likes it and I know he'll always eat it. It doesn't contain artificial ingredients, which I appreciate it. It's easy to find in pet food stores or ordering online. When you look up reviews/ratings of top 10 worst cat foods it is not on there, so that's good. However, I didn't like that there has been so many recalls since 2013 when Procter & Gamble took them over. It made them seem untrustworthy and I stopped buying it. The price is a bit high and I can't find it in my grocery store, so I have to go to a pet food store or order through Amazon Prime. I would like to be able to buy it just right when I grocery shop, even if it means paying a few cents extra. It would be worth it for the convenience. Nevertheless, it's allergen free and a good source of protein. It's well-reviewed by the Consumer Affairs.

My cat likes California Natural Cat Food. It seems like a healthy food for my cat. This is something I can feel good about feeding her. When I think about how happy my cat makes me, I just want to show her that love and one of the ways I do that is through food. Food is love! If the cat's happy I'm happy. Sometimes my cat is picky but she always loves this brand. I think the ingredients are quality ingredients so I like it too. My cat (Oreo) is such a snuggler, and maybe the reason she loves me so much is because of the delicious cat food I feed her.

It's natural and made with better ingredients. I want my cat to be healthy and happy so always on the look out for better food options so I decided to try this out. If it's really better for my cat I don't mind spending more. Also wish a store nearby sold it. It's hard to find and nowhere near has it. I have to go a few towns over and takes about an hour. My cat ate it but she will eat just about anything. I have noticed her "gas" problem has gone away after switching to California Natural Cat Food.

I like the fact that California Natural Cat Food is natural and my cat seems to like it well. My cat, Asia, seems like she is more Healthy than she was before I use to feed this brand of food to her. She eats all of the servings that I give her extremely quick. She is also more playful than she was before she started to eat this brand. However, the price of this brand of cat food seems to be quite higher than it should be. I am on a strict budget and the cost of this brand does not help me with that at all. I wish they would find a way to lower the price so that I can continue to feed this to my cat because she seems to do really well on this brand but I may have to switch because of the cost. Other than that, California Natural Cat Food is a really good brand for your cat or cats.

I like that California Natural Cat Food has natural ingredients and that I can get my cat food that can focus on nutrient needs that specifically fit my cat. I like that there aren't a lot of fillers in the food, with a lot of protein. It is made with quality ingredients and probiotics for digestion. There are grain free varieties that are excellent and really help with my cat's allergies. It is a bit pricey, so I would definitely appreciate it if it would come down on price. But overall, I do find it to be a good value even with the cost.

Most important is that my cat likes it. He's a very picky eater since he has a sensitive stomach and gets diarrhea easily. His stomach doesn't get upset and I get no diarrhea with this brand. He likes the taste and the texture of it. It has only improved his life and keeps my cat healthy. I've also noticed an improvement in his skin and hair coat. His skin isn't as dry and his hair is shinier and softer and with a longhair cat, that's important. I live in a very rural area so it can be harder to find than some other brands that aren't nearly as high quality as California Natural Cat Food. Other than that, I would recommend this brand over all others.

It was average. I do like the product packaging and it does seem relative easy to find in stores though. However I'm not necessarily satisfied with the price of the cat food. The price/value isn't really proportionate and the food itself did not settle well with one of my cat's stomach unfortunately. I would also prefer more variety in the food bag sizes. California Natural Cat Food was ok but I personally prefer other brands better such as Iams or even the Purina cat food brand, both of which work well for my cats who are special needs.

Expert Review

Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.    More about Dr. Ken Tudor→

As a premium cat food producer, California Natural Cat Food is designed to be healthy and top quality. California Natural offers organic pet food.

• Protein: California Natural use chicken, venison and an assortment of fish as protein sources for their food.
  • No artificial extras: No artificial coloring, preservatives or flavorings are used.
  • Allergen free: The venison and salmon/sweet potato formulas provide an option for cats with food allergies.
  • Available nationwide: Some premium pet food brands can be difficult to come by, but several nationwide pet retailers carry California Natural.
  • Expert note: California Natural voluntarily recalled dry cat food for potential Salmonella contamination in June of 2014.
  • Best for Active kittens and picky cats.

Compare Cat Food