Breeders Association of America Inc

Brick, NJ

Compare Pet Breeders

Research top Pet Breeders recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My fiance and I purchased a huskimo for $3,000 back in March. We brought her home and she was sick so we took her to the vet. The vet said she had kennel cough. Brought the receipt to Breeders and they accepted it as a unfit sale. It is now August and after numerous phone calls we still did not see the money for the pet visit that was promised to be paid for.

Also, we switched to Banfield for her vet in Manahawkin, and after they looked at her original short papers they noticed her shots listed were not signed by a doctor. Well, why did we have to pay so much money for a puppy who POSSIBLY didn't even get all her shots! Unprofessional - and do not do the "pay later" plan, it is a lease, and will try to tack on a couple more $1000 dollars. I asked the sales rep how does it work and she couldn't even explain it to me. Beware of this crappy place. My Huskimo was thankfully under good care with Banfield in Manahawkin, and she is healthy today, but they can't even pay back for a vet bill that says they will take responsibility for.

On 8/20/2016 my girlfriend went into Breeders Association to speak to someone about getting a Teddy Bear breed puppy. While she was there they also told her about a Yorkie (who looked sick, undernourished, and over aggressive) that was only a little more than the $199 that they advertise that they sell dogs for. When we went back later that day to possibly purchase a puppy they let us see the Teddy Bear puppy and play with him. Originally they wanted something like $3,000 which was absurd for a mutt. They eventually came down to $1240, still high.

While we were looking at the Teddy Bear they kept PUSHING the sick Yorkie on us. They put him in the room with us and the Teddy Bear which is when we saw how aggressive he was. After the Teddy Bear was taken out of the room the other Yorkie somewhat began to calm down so we asked how much he was and what kind of deal they would make if we bought both puppies. The lady came back and told us the sickly Yorkie was $1000! Remember earlier that day a blonde woman told my girlfriend the dog was only a little over $199, now they say it's $1000.

On top of that we called their BS and said we wanted to speak to the woman my girlfriend spoke to earlier that day. NEVER HAPPENED for an hour they kept saying she's on the phone, she's on the phone, and kept her in a locked room until they closed at 5 pm then kicked up out because they were closed! Do not, I repeat, Do not purchase an animal from these people. They are criminals and they wheel and deal and hold you in the petting rooms until you either lose it or buy something. They are nothing but crooks and I'm contacting our local news affiliates to do a story on this sham of a business!

My two children went into the store to look and get information on adoption. My daughter was she can't adopt at the age of 19 but can buy. Because they were excited about everything the SALES person was saying they signed papers to get a puppy to come to the store to look at and left a deposit. I realize she is 19. But I do as a parent I called the next day to cancel. Because after finding out all the dissatisfied customers and sick puppies. I did not want one from here. They refuse to give money back or store credit for any merchandise. They said the money only can be used to purchase a puppy. They did not get the puppy and they told my children it would take 2 to 12 weeks to even see the puppy. I called the credit card to dispute this charge.

Pet store claims dogs are not from puppy mills which they are. They sold a sick dog. Didn't honor contract to repay bills. Refused to give us the dog unless we left them the paperwork so now there is no paper trail that is accurate. My dog was euthanized doing myself and my family emotionally distraught and lied to. Worst of all dog was basically murdered because of this lying, conniving so called business. Thousands of dollars also spent and not reimbursed.

What I don't understand is that Consumer Affairs don't shut this company down. They are robbing people. Everybody is complaining and nothing is being done. They sold me and my wife a Yorkie/poo that very sick and how many people have complaint about all the sick puppies that they are selling to people. We was told about seven times that puppy come from a breeder not a puppy mill. Well they are liar. All those puppies are from a puppy mills. They are mistreated before they are sold and mixed in with other puppies that are sick then they charge you crazy prices and when you have a problem they are no help. You can get your money back. You are stuck with sick puppy and had to pay a vet too... On top of what pay for the puppy. WHEN ARE THEY Going TO SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Breeders Association of America Inc?

I recently purchased two Yorkies from this puppy store. My first one had kennel cough which turned out to not be life threatening. However, my second one has Parvovirus. For those not familiar with this here is a brief overview: "Canine parvovirus (CPV) infection is a highly contagious viral illness that affects dogs, the virus manifests itself in two different forms. The more common form is the intestinal form, which is characterized by vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, and lack of appetite (anorexia). The less common form is the cardiac form, which attacks the heart muscles of very young puppies, often leading to death."

In speaking to Kelly she informed me that all the puppies are checked and approved to be suitable for sale. So with falling in love with our Yorkie, we purchased him. Five days after we took him home, he was throwing up and urinating all over our home. Scared for his life, we rushed him to the Ramtown Vet which was recommended by the puppy store for. When we brought him in, the doctor wasn't sure what was wrong with the puppy so he recommended to keep the puppy stay overnight. We received very vague answers from the doctor the night before so the next day we wanted to see our Yorkie and in doing so received phone call from the puppy store informing us that we weren't allowed to see him at the vet which I feel is not at all their place to tell me once I have already purchased the puppy!

Two days after this, he was diagnosed with this deadly disease so we decided to seek better care and took him to Red Bank Animal Hospital where it was confirmed. In speaking to a few doctors there this dog had Parvo before it was sold, the incubation period for the all head over heels for such an adorable dog. However, my concerns aren't just for my dog but the other dog it was crated with and the puppies in the store that may have been infected.

I am now paying out of pocket for my dog while it's in the hospital and the puppy store is now telling me that certain necessities for this dog to live are not covered which is unbelievable. How they're so quick to sell you something that's defective and then turn their back once it's out the door? This place needs to be investigated!!! PLEASE THIS IS A WARNING TO THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING TO PURCHASE FROM HERE. STEER CLEAR. Disease is around 10 days before symptoms show which means he was checked and cleared for sale, put up for sale which is completely unethical.

If there's one thing you can get out of reading these reviews, do not buy a puppy from these people. Complete scammers!! I was completely lied to about pricing and got scammed. These people lie to your face and it happens all the time. Shut them down.

You should close this place down. They are a disgrace, they lie, they do not make you aware of a no refund policy, they have you sign while you are holding a puppy, so you really don't read all the print. I was thinking about buying a puppy that they had brought out to show me, I fell in love with it. I told them I needed a few days to think about it, and they said they would hold the puppy for me, but they needed a deposit which I gave them. At no time did they say it was nonrefundable. I only learned that when I called the next day to say I had changed my mind, and was told no refunds. Needless to say I was very upset about losing a 1,000.00. So the day after I called back to say I would take the dog, and was told it was sold. I said "now will you refund my money?" They said no. How can they justify keeping my money, when they didn't lose any because I did not take it.

I recently bought my Puggle puppy from Brick Puppies. After reading some of the reviews I decided to go in and see for myself. I fell in love the my little puppy through the window of the cage they're in. I took him home a few hours later. My husband wasn't the happiness but got over it very quickly because Puggles are the cutest dog on earth. So far so good with Training and his health. I would highly recommend going here to at least check the place out. The staff seemed educated about dogs and the store was very clean. A+ to the girls who were working the day I got my puppy. You guys were great!

I recently bought myself a little puppy to keep me company. I named her Courtney and love her. I have been looking several places to buy a puppy and kept checking in with those places for Yorkipoo. Breeders Association was the only place I did not have to keep calling. They called me several times a week saying they have ones in. The few times I went they did not have them after they called me. I felt like I was getting the runaround. I would ask, whoever you talk to, if they are in the store at that point. Other than feeling like I was just being told they were there I had a good experience.

Overall I had a good experience. I see a lot of simple health issues are being complained about. Before this puppy my other dog would get Kennel cough when I went on vacation and left him at a boarding Kennel. I used 3 in his lifetime. He just got it every time. Anyways my puppy is healthy and the staff was great to me. The only reason I'm not giving them 5 stars is because I feel like I payed too much. I found the same breed from breeders in PA for 1/4 of the price.

This is important to anyone who buys from this store. Know your rights!!! You are going to need it!!! New Jersey Pet Lemon Law. New Jersey's pet buyer protection laws cover anyone selling pets for profit, which in practice exempts only humane societies and pounds. It covers pet stores, kennels and breeders, including hobby breeders.

Pet buyers have 14 days to document that their pet has a contagious or infectious disease, 6 months to demonstrate a congenital or hereditary disease. If the pet is ill or defective, the buyer has the right to either a replacement or a full refund plus, in both cases, full reimbursement of the cost of veterinary fees to certify that the dog was unfit for purchase. If the buyer chooses to keep a dog that was unfit for purchase, he is eligible for reimbursement of veterinary costs up to the price of the dog. The seller has 120 days to produce advertised registration papers. If he does not, the buyer may return the dog for a full refund or the buyer may keep the dog and receive a refund of 75 percent of the purchase price.

I went in several times to possibly buy a lab puppy. One time, I was excited they had one and wanted to send a picture to my wife. The owner came running out and just about threw me out for taking a picture of the puppy. I later found out they didn't want any photos because that would be proof of their mistreatment of puppies. Also, contacted several local AKC breeders and they told me they get all their dogs from puppy mills.

I was in the playroom once with a lab puppy that was super aggressive and bit my calf muscle. I was truly afraid for the safety of my 4-year old son. They never should have let that dog around my son. I am guessing that dog had been physically abused to behave that way. I have had lab my entire life and never saw an animal behave that way at 13 weeks old. Please, anyone interested in buying a dog from there, stay far away. Contact the AKC for reputable breeders or adopt from a rescue or local shelter. Buying from here keeps the puppy mill industry going.

I purchased a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy less than a year ago (June 26, 2014) from American Breeders Association after doing an Internet search. He cost me approx. $3000 with taxes. I went to what appeared to be an honest, friendly and clean puppy store with my family and we fell in love with this cavalier and just couldn't leave him there. I was not fully aware of a risk I was taking. We all know not to get puppies from puppy mills and I had asked the employees several times if their puppies come from Puppy Mills and they ALL answered absolutely not.

I took him to a veterinarian within a week or two of bringing him home. While walking him I noticed that his back end looked like an older person walking and that kept up so I made an appointment and had a second veterinarian. While she was examining him he winced and cried when she checked his hip area. They took an x-ray and confirmed his hip problem which she stated was congenital. I called **, manager at Breeders Association in Brick NJ and explained the situation to her and was requested to bring or mail the X-ray and veterinarian report with a copy of the original contract; which I did.

This week ** called to let me know that their veterinarian confirmed my veterinarians diagnosis. ** then told me I cannot get my money back. That I could get another puppy and at the same price and that they would make sure that the puppy was really great. If not, then I would receive a store credit. They refused to give me my money back. They would only let me get a store credit. When I stated that I could ever spend that much money in dog supplies, ** told me to sell the store credit on Craigs List or advertise in the Asbury Park Press to try to get my money back.

I bought this puppy in good faith and this whole thing has had really traumatic experience for me both financially and health wise (his and mine). I have to pay the $3,000.00 to a finance company plus the over 28% interest. Do we as Buyers have any legal rights to get our monies back for the purchase price and the mental and emotional stress that this causes? Please take heed. Do not buy a puppy from Breeders Association New Jersey Puppies For Sale also known as Breeders Association of America Inc., located in Brick, NJ.

We purchased a puppy less than a year ago - she was $3000. A lab border collie mix or like they said on her papers. Designer breed. Just a few weeks ago we had to put her to sleep... She just was a year old and after rushing her to North Star Animal Hospital where they told us she had tumors all throughout her belly and her kidneys were failing - she was dying. There was nothing to do to fix her. She was too weak.

My family is devastated and all Kelly manager at Breeders Association in Brick NJ said they would do is give us another puppy but we would have to pay $350 for shipping and shots - what a disgrace... After spending $800 on vet to say they couldn't save our puppy. Don't buy a puppy with them especially when they have an ad in APP that says lifetime guarantee and when I confronted Kelly with ad she said she knew nothing about ad. That place is horrible and heartless. We will never get over our loss. BELL was a part of our family and our hearts Forever!!!

I purchased two puppies from Breeders Assoc. of America in Brick. One was Shih Tzu and the other a Havanese. The staff was quite friendly and had my daughters interacting with them in order for them to fall in love with the dogs. After signing the contracts I took the puppies home and saw my vet 3 days later. One was declared unfit for sale that night because she sick and determined to be only 5-6 weeks old as they claimed. The other was declared unfit a few days later when she returned to the vet for a cough. She is now on 4 antibiotics to make her better.

I went to the store and spoke to Kelly the manager with whom I had an argument regarding the puppy that was first declared unfit and about the breeder's conditions and that the breeder had been identified as a puppy mill in the state of Ohio. I left the store and returned awhile latter and had a quieter conversation with Kelly and filled out my warranty claim forms with her. A few days later my second puppy was also deemed unfit. I advised Kelly about the second letter of unfitness and went in today to file the warranty paperwork. There was a male employee whom attempted to address our complaints only to speak to me in a condescending manner and as if we knew nothing about dogs or puppies. It escalated into a heated shouting match in which I left the store at my wife's direction and left her to handle it. He apparently continued this manner of addressing my family with his arrogant, self-righteous attitude.

On the way out the door my oldest daughter made an off the cuff comment to no one in particular that he responded to. He also called me an ** ** as we were leaving. It took two fellow employees to pull him back in the store at that point. This store is a ripoff and I believe the records for the puppies they are selling are being doctored to make it legal for them to be sold. The pet warranty is a joke as you have to mail the paperwork in yet the NJ consumer affairs website says you must be reimbursed within ten days of sending it to them. This store needs to be shut down as they prey on people's emotions to sucker them into buying a puppy. I failed to do enough research ahead of time about them and that's my own fault.

This place is a fraud! Thank God my dog is healthy now! The complimentary training is a joke! No wonder it's free! I'm pretty sure she was afraid of my German! They sold me things that I did not need and charged me an absurd amount! They sold me a bag of dog food that they guaranteed he would eat, he didn't even touch it! I had to throw out a $40 bag of dog food! Do not buy a puppy from this place!

We all know not to get puppies from puppy mill, but you go to nice and clean puppy store with your child and just fall in love with the puppy and can't leave him there. I was not fully aware of a risk I am taking. After taking my beautiful Cavalier King Charles Spaniel home 12 days ago, we all instantly fell in love with him. 5 days ago he became sick - wheezing, throwing up, lethargic. I took him to one of the doctors recommended by puppy store - he was diagnosed with upper respiratory infection. 3 days in a row I was being sent home with a sick puppy - given antibiotic and liquid injections, since he doesn't eat or drink since 4 days. No blood work, bare minimum, making diagnosis just based on interview and visual observations.

Well tonight I was informed that it's a kennel cough he has and that he's in a critical condition. So from - "go home, he's ok" to "his chances of surviving this are 50/50" was less than 24 hrs. The whole business and connections between puppy store and doctor offices are very fishy. It seems that doctors don't want to treat the dogs to avoid the cost for the puppy store.

In the meantime I educated myself - better later than ever - on how these puppies are bred at the mill mine came from - rose schlabach in Ohio - how many citations they received from health inspectors for keeping dogs in awful conditions. I reviewed photos from kennels when dogs are surrounded by dirt and their own poop. Puppies are weaned way too early. Their immune system are in poor condition. They're vaccinated way too early to avoid serious problems and great majority of them has health issues which their owners deal with later on. Anyone who participates in this business is just a barbarian! These are living things, who feel, love and who we fall in love with. I, partially accidentally participated in this and supported this awful business. I regret it deeply and want to warn others not to make my mistake. I hope my poor puppies doesn't have to pay for it with his life...

Bad reputation. I pay 2600 when the dog cost between 500/700 wherever. The dog have 1 year old, continues w/ much problem.

We bought a puppy yesterday from the Breeders Association of America in Brick, NJ. I told the sales lady that my husband and I have dog allergies and that we needed a dog that we wouldn’t be allergic to. That was my main concern when purchasing a dog. The lady suggested at least 3 dog breeds and told me that they were hypoallergenic. The dog was a Yorkie-Lhasa mix. Well, last night I broke out in hives, my eyes itched and were swollen and I had to take medicine to get to sleep. Same thing happened to my husband. They refused to give me my money back. They would only let me get a store credit. I even got a letter from the vet stating that no dog is 100 percent hypoallergenic. Why do I want to buy another dog from the store when no dog is allergy free? I am beyond upset that they misled me and told me that the dog would not cause allergies for us. Now I have to pay $3500.00 to a financing company and I no longer have a dog. This is just so wrong.

I have a 5-year old girl and a 2-year old boy. They have been crying all day because I had to return the dog. They should have told me that no dog is 100 percent hypoallergenic. I wouldn’t have bought a dog then. Not only did she say they had 1 dog but several that are hypoallergenic. Not only was I mistreated when I returned the dog, but I was told, "I’m not getting into this with you. I told you what your options are." I tried to explain to the manager my concerns. Buying a dog is supposed to be fun and I wanted to add a new member to the family. It was a complete nightmare! I shouldn’t have to pay $3500.00 to a finance company when I no longer have the dog. I can’t buy another dog if they are not hypoallergenic. Even when I told the manager that, she suggested I get a poodle instead because they are hypoallergenic. No dog is hypoallergenic! That was what the whole dispute was over. This company needs to stop misleading customers. Complete scam! I have pictures of the hives all over the side of my face.

I bought a puppy here for my children which was ridiculously overpriced. I took it to the vet for an exam (which was supposed to be free) and was charged $55. One day, after the visit the vet called me and told me the dog had many parasites which can be transferred to humans. I have babies in my house and was very concerned. I called the store and said I wanted a refund as the dog was unfit for sale. I brought the dog back the next day and they tried telling me the puppy was not sick when they sold it to me. They only gave me a refund for the dog and not the $350 in merchandise. I never would have made the purchase if I knew the dog was sick! They also told me the puppy came from a breeder but in actuality it came from a puppy mill in Ohio.

It is really a long story, so long story short, my husband and myself were lied to and told what we wanted to hear about a puppy. In my hand, I hold a contract that was signed by both my husband and the salesman that is not being honored. They are asking for more money up front than agreed upon.

When I reminded them about the contract they told me they don't care what the signed contract states. If I don't give them more money, they won't put my order through and they will not refund my cash deposit.

I need help with the right type of lawyer that deal with this kind of thing, which is a broken contract. I have specific dates and day to day journal of events from the last week and a half if needed for all information and all false statements made to me. As well as a phone bill that will show constant, harassing phone calls. Thank you in advance for any help with a lawyer or any other direction you can point me in. Loss of cash deposit and honestly unnecessary heartbreak. harassment in phone calls.

On 1/19/10, I purchased a 3 month old male Siberian husky from Breeders Association of America, Inc. When I got him home, I immediately knew something was wrong. He went to all 4 water bowls and proceeded to drink all the water out of each bowl, his stool was loose, he urinated and threw up all over the house and was food aggressive. I called the vet and kept him separate from the 3 other dogs I own and scheduled an appointment for 1/21/10. On 1/21/10, he put him on medication to correct the stool and the urinary tract infection, and as directed from the vet, I put him on a bland diet and received an unfit for sale slip.

Seven days went by and I noticed nothing was getting better. My 3 other dogs were getting sick so I called the vet and scheduled another appointment for 1/28/10. On 1/28/10, the vet changed his medication, put him on a different bland diet, gave my other dogs some shots and I received another unfit for sale slip. A few more days went by and weren’t getting any better so I called the vet and scheduled yet another appointment for 2/1/10. On 2/1/10, the vet gave him a fecal exam, changed his medication again and gave me an unfit for sale slip.

On 2/5/10, I called the vet and asked him if he could switch his medication because he was getting worse. He was fatigued, sneezing greenish yellow stuff out of his nose, he had a runny eyes and he was sleeping all day and would barely move. The vet changed his medication over the phone and told me to bring him on 2/7/10. On 2/7/10, I brought him in and he gave him nutracal, along with more medication, changing his diet and giving me an unfit for sale slip. During this whole ordeal, I was in constant contact with the Breeders Association of America (speaking with the manager Bruce and the owner Lauryn). I sent in every notice attempting to get reimbursed but both the Breeders Association of America and their third party payment center won’t reimburse me. They keep giving me the run around.

i had purchased a maltese from the breeders association of america inc in bricktown new jersey, she has been continuously sick since day one, they refuse to give me a refund on my baby, they will only replace the dog if i bring her back, which i am not doing! who in there right mind would just replace a dog!? these people are completely calculated and cold hearted, all they care about is the sale of the animal and bullsh***ing every customer!! i will be making sure this place is shut down i just hope anyone looking for a new puppy does their research and looks at the 10's of websites and hundreds of complaints against theses sick people! we need them to be SHUT DOWN!

I purchased a boxer puppy in Sept. 2007. The puppy cost me $2500. We came home with her. She was good. About three days later, the puppy began showing signs of distress. She wasn't eating, very lethargic. She was underweight even for a puppy. She began having bloody stools. She was taken to the vet who described her as being very emaciated and sick. I received a letter of unfit for purchase. For over a year, the dog has been back and forth to the vet and at one point was hospitalized because she was bleeding rectally all over the place. The pet store did nothing except say that I could return her. Why? So you could resell her to someone else? I decided to keep the dog but this pet store is a disgrace for selling sick dogs. I am not the only one that has a problem but this is ridiculous selling people sick dogs that put them financially in a bad situation.

I walked into the store called Puppies on Rt 70 Friday night at 6pm with my son, Chris, his friend Dustin and another friend Ana. I fell in love with a 2 lb Maltese that we were told was born 08/08 and bought to their store 10/23/08/ After a lengthy discussion with Darlene for over an hour, asking on how to keep the dog and raise as this is our first dog ever. I explained to her that my son has severe asthma and we were very nervous buying the dog. She told us in the front of 4 people, no problem you have 14 days to decide whether you can keep the dog or not. so with that thought my son and I decided to get the dog. I had no identification on me so they took my sons info to get the dog financed thru their company called Shoppers Charge Accounts.

We were first told the dog would cost $3500.00 and I said that is crazy, she dropped the price to $2500 saying she could not go down any further. I told her no, she goes back into the office and says would you take the dog for $1500 with all the extra's meaning free crate, toys and food. I said yes. She completed the finance agreement had my 19 yr old son fill it out and sign it and away we went with the dog at 745pm Friday night. We got home played with the dog for an hour went to bed and my son had such a severe asthma attack that his eyes started to swell, and he was on the neubulizer all night./ the next day he had trouble breathing so he went over to a friends home and started feeling better/.

We decided it would be best for the dog to be taken back as my sons health was more important and I am sure any parent would agree. The store opened the next day at 11am and we were there with the dog all his toys crate and two friends at 11 am sharp. So actually we baby sat the dog over night. We had the dog for a total of 15 hours. We go back to the store and the nice employee from the night before Darlene was a a total different attitude. I told her my story that I could not have a "DOG" in my home because of my son's asthma and being she told us we had 14 days to decide we thought it would be best to bring the dog back immediately as we did not want to get attached to the dog.

She told us fine, we will give you another dog, I told her maybe she did not hear me correctly, I cannot have a dog in my home. She said our policy is: We will accept the dog back or give you another dog of equal value. If you give us the dog back we cannot accept the crate and the toys and the closed sealed food. I said that I would be williing to pay for the food etc, she said "No that is not what we do, your stuck with that, and also the finance charges." I said what I am giving you the dog back within 15 hours, she said that is what we do.

So my ending of this is: I bet a dog for 15 hours return it and then get told that I have to pay for the dog on the finance agreement and she will be nice and give me store credit of $2000.00.. Plus the best part of the story is that she would not even give me back a copy of my signed contract agreement. She has it in the store and I have nothing just a paper saying I returned the dog for personal reasons which is my mind were life threatening and I have the crate food and toys. Why should I have to pay on a finance agreement at 21% for something I do not even own. Plus why give me credit at a store that I would never buy from unless I wanted to kill my son with another asthma attack.

Also I would like to point out that when I returned the dog , I was then charged for all the toys, food, and crate and vitamins that the night before were given to me free. I told her I would buy them and then donate them to the Jersey Shore ANimal SHelter. I have contacted a lawyer, I am also contacting the Attorney general office and Shame on you, Channel 5 fox news.Someone has to close this store and have them investigated. I am sure to it that if a investigation went thru you would alot more things that are not legal and have many more complaints., I just happen to have a very smart friend that told me about Consumer Complaints, and itsn't it strange how there are many compalints about this store. I want my contract voided out, that is all I ask. I will not pay for something I dont even own

Breeders Association of America Inc Company Profile