1.62/5

Brooklyn, NY

111 The Puppy Boutique Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Updated on 03/10/2019: !!!Updated!!! My dog's eye is falling out. Got a dog as a gift for my wife from the store about a year ago. I was looking for a Pomeranian boy, the girl who works there brought me a puppy from the back. The dog was dirty and smelled, but I got it anyway. The next day my dog started to have a cough. My vet said it seemed to be kennel cough and it is a common problem among puppy mills and careless breeders.

As time went by my puppy started to have visible eye problems, congenital eye defect. On March 6, 2019 my dog is going to have surgery. His eye is going to be removed. He still has that untreatable cough. These "people" brought tears and sadness to my and many other families. The way they speak for me and some other people is unacceptable. It means they don't care about sick animals they sell. They are nice until they sell you a dog. The owner's responses to upset customers and care professionals are like that of a little spoiled girl.

He has to be punished by law and by closing the store down and keep the owner away from animals for the rest of his life. I consider my dog and other healthy and unhealthy dogs that were bought from there were rescued from the owner, and it is time for animal protection services to take a look at what is going on behind that door where they are keeping sick puppies. I think the people who work there just playing some game to confuse people. Something shady is going on there. The owner statement was that he did not have a record of selling my dog and that it seemed like abuse or neglect.

Is it sounds like a neglect or abuse? But it is seems like sick puppies with congenital defects to me. I have all documentations from reputed veterinarian and not shady papers about your breeder and medical health report. What about fifth finger my dog has? I glue it up? I will answer, puppies from puppy MILL do not get too much medical attention from vet because probably there is no vet!

Happy birthday to my dog, he just turned 1 year old. My wife and mother can't look at him without tears. What do you think how it feels? The owner asked for documentation, how is the owner going to help? My dog has the best care that possible. Can he grow a new eye for my dog or you will he give me another dog? No animal and no people should suffer from him! All the documentation have NY's attorney general and not only her, the owner might ask them for a copy.

Original Review: Bought a puppy from Puppy Boutique of Brooklyn. Was chipped and neutered at 10 weeks old. Has kennel cough, mucus in lungs, recently congenital eye defect. His eye is not developing and about to fall out. Surgery already scheduled. The place must be under investigation ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have never had a problem with this store, as long as customers read the contract front to back you should not sign anything. I read every single page. This happens only you don't read what you sign. I have 5 dogs from there in the past 10 years and I never had a issue except for one pup, and understanding the contract will give you the heads up on how to approach the situation. Puppies are a live thing. If you don't have the time to take care of them don't buy one.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Breeders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I bought 2 Shih Tzu puppies, one of them has wall eyes and Fontanel. Neither was told to me at time of purchase, I tried calling several times only to be hung up on and lied to. DO NOT GO THERE, they give you a complete run around after the purchase.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

This place sells sick dogs. Between this website, Google, and Yelp they have well over 100 negative reviews with unsatisfied customers. These people should be taken to court. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have contacted a lawyer and the news. This place is a nightmare and has cost me over 2000.00 dollars and I have had this dog for just a week.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Worst puppy shop. I will never ever purchase a dog from this company again. I purchased this dog two weeks ago. I literally had it 14 days. On the 14 day it seemed a lil sick never went outside. Did everything the kennel said to do. So on the 14 day I took it to my vet and they said it looks like it had parvo. I called Puppy Boutique and they said, "Well bring it to our vet hospital free of no charge." I take it there and this place is even worse. Horrible. Called Pret Pet in Brooklyn New York said, "No it doesn’t have parvo. It looks like an upper respiratory infection." I said, "Well where would that come from because the dog never went outside or not do I have other dogs." So I been calling for 2 weeks about the dog, the kennel, and the hospital for 2 weeks. I got the runaround. "Oh the vet ain’t call. Oh The Puppy Boutique ain’t call you" so now I’m getting pissed 'cause no one knows about the dog or whereabouts.

I calls today and ask the vet, "What’s going on about the dog and kennel place now?" All of sudden the dog was malnutrition and a whole different diagnoses so I said, "How was it all that when I did exactly what the puppy store said?" So now the puppy store like they wanna press charges. First off I have all papers saying dog lost 1 pound. I have all papers saying what my vet treated it for. How all of sudden it’s malnutrition now. I’m asking where my dog can I get papers on it. The place Puppy Boutique doesn’t wanna give me papers or doctors there. All in this together but I will not end here because I spend 900 on a dog for my daughter's birthday.

Please anyone I’m telling you please don’t purchase a dog from here. They're hiding what’s going on as well as their dog hospital so I’m putting their ** out there 'cause they did something to my dog and don’t wanna replace it or give me a refund. Maybe my story a help. They never answer the phone nor call you back. Now the hospital saying they don’t have the dog. Now the puppy boutique store saying they don’t have papers or the dog so know I’m lost outta 900. I’m sure how many people they scammed and said first it had a respiratory infection now to malnutrition. It’s all **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Puppy Boutique?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Do you remember we came in about 5:30 and you were rude from the start, asked us if we had been to another puppy store, we said yes but did not handle any puppies. You told us we can look but not touch, and then said go home and shower and come back tomorrow. Big mistake. Huge mistake, you lost a big sale! And will continue to give you bad reviews. Forever. Very disappointed customers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I bought a Micro Yorkie female puppy. It was and still is very ill to this day. I have been in touch with them from day one regarding the problems. My vet called and spoke with their vet two days after I received the dog. Tons of medical records faxed 8 times. I only asked they take the dog back and give me another one. They have danced me around telling me to talk to a Craig I have never spoken to. I have been into the store every week since dog was bought. 20,000 in debt trying to save the dog.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I see a lot of bad reviews. I only agree on one thing and that's one of the ladies was a little rude. But come on now. She was working her tail off. She wasn't even really rude but just working hard. Maybe a little tired or something. But anyway, I bought a Yorkie. Was asking 1500 but I talked them down to 1200. They was very honest with me on the phone and in person. I love my little Noah. I took him to the vet three days later and they say he is healthy. I even already have him potty trained and he is only 10 weeks old and I only had him a week which means they have been training him. He is the best thing ever and very smart. The shop was clean and they make you sanitize your hands before holding. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone wanting a Yorkie.

Original review: July 7, 2018

BEWARE. BAIT AND SWITCH! Quoted one price over the phone and a much more expensive one once I got there. The pics they sent me were stock pics, not real pics. Staff is extremely rude. Ask them any questions about the contract and they take it as a personal attack! They will tack on a $35 chip fee that is EXTRA, and ONLY lasts for a year!?!? There are also OTHER fees they will tack on to the final price. So no you are not getting a bargain. Pup had constant diarrhea diagnosed by my vet with Giardia (intestinal infection marked by abdominal cramps, bloating, nausea and bouts of watery diarrhea; caused by a microscopic parasite). So right off the bat, in addition I got hit with vet fees for a SICK puppy. BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I purchased 3 Yorkies from Puppy Boutique over the last 8 years. All have been Healthy and Never had any issues of any kind. My bosses daughter also bought a poodles from them as well. I am very happy with my puppies that I have purchased from them.

The Puppy Boutique Company Information