1.97/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2019

We love Blue Buffalo. We have always had dogs and for all of that time we have always bought them Blue Buffalo. Our dog eats the Chicken & Brown Rice. We believe it helps to keep our dogs healthy and vibrant. Our vet recommended this brand and we have never used any other (except with or Bull Dog who gets Royal Cannin). Since our dogs don't get table scraps and I always feel bad that they don't get to "indulge" buying them Blue Buffalo reduces my guilt of not letting them indulge in table scraps because I know I'm feeding them as healthy as I can be.

Original review: April 9, 2019

We have a 4 year old chocolate lab. We tried a brand recommended by vet, big mistake. Buddy kept throwing up and had diarrhea. We changed to Blue, no more throwing up or diarrhea. He is happy with his food and very active with ball catching, running, hunting and even swimming. We did change vets a couple years ago and he insisted we change to another product. He said the meats in Blue are too fatty. We are so happy with Blue, not sure what to do. My son works for Blue and recommended Blue. He did tell us what products to stay away from and what others are also good for Buddy. My other half thinks we should change but only after we use up the 40 pounds of food we have. I am not sure. When I look at Buddy with his healthy looking fur, muscular body and his being active....just not sure.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 4, 2019

We keep Siberian Huskies. Currently, they are in 'personal pet' status (as opposed to 'working dogs') and given the lowered level of physical, activity, we follow careful guidelines as to quantity of food given them daily (half a cup of Blue Buffalo 'Rice and Chicken', Senior, in AM and same amount in PM). This seems to achieve the right balance between nutritional needs and maintenance of ideal body weight. Blue Buffalo 'Rice & Chicken' (Senior) appears to have a good balance of healthful ingredients, but more to the point our dogs love it (no picky-eaters at our house). I see no need to change brands, given our experience with Blue Buffalo Brand dry dog foods and we are quite satisfied with it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

From the day I brought my Border Collie home from the breeder. I fed her Blue Buffalo Puppy food for her first year. Sometimes with Toppers and some without. My Border Collie is Healthy and Happy dog. We have given her no table scraps. We give her meat sometimes and use Blue Buffalo Adult Food as a dry food in her bowl. She never has to gobble her food. She grazes. When she is hungry she eats. When she is not she doesn't. I think with her Blue Buffalo she gets all she needs and is never starving. We keep portioning on the bag. We always have leftover kibble in the bowl at night. She is not overweight and very active. With all the bad reviews I thought the site could use a good one. Happy consumers hardly every post good comments so I thought I would do so.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I can't believe the changes in my cats since switching to Blue Buffalo a year ago. They no longer vomit or sleep all day. They have more energy and beg for the food like a child in a candy store! They are almost 10 years old but act like kittens again! Switching their food was the best decision I ever made! Even our vet has noticed how much healthier our cats are. I get that pink sensitive stomach blend hard food as a between meals tummy filler but feed them the indoor pate and Wilderness pate blends for breakfast and dinner. They even get Blue Buffalo treats! I love my girls and love the changes I've seen in them. #BlueBuffalo4Ever

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

My dog has eaten Blue dog food since he was 8 wks old. He is now 7 years old and has some health problems. I was absolutely shocked to find out I have been feeding my dog food with no meat, and who knows what else in it. How could you sell and lie about ingredients in your food to people that trusted you. I will never trust you or your products. I don't know the damage your food has done to my dog, and I never will.

You lied on your label. No meat in your food and charged a high price for food that was all fillers junk. May have caused damage to thousands, that trusted their loved pet with your food. There is no possible excuse for this. The fact your food is on shelves shocks me. I was your fan and I've never been more disappointed than I am with Blue Buffalo and will never purchase any product ever again and advise public to look up for themselves all the lawsuits on Blue Buffalo. It's all in black and white and you must be paying a lot to keep it quiet.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I purchased two bags of Blue Buffalo dog food from Amazon and when I opened one to put it in the plastic tote I store the food in a dead mouse came out of the bag. I contacted blue buffalo and they blamed it on amazon storage practices. Only problem I find with that is the bag was in factory sealed condition with no holes or tears. I contacted blue buffalo two more times and they didn’t respond. It is my belief that they play the blame game and can’t take responsibility for a mistake that may have taken place in their plant. I will no longer be using their product because who knows what else may be in those bags. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and think twice before you purchase their product. Unsatisfied customer Mike **.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

If it was possible to give this food 0 stars I would. We got the Life Protection Formula puppy food for our 7 month old Borderdoodle attempting to get him the best food possible. After three weeks of being on this food he was having very frequent bouts of diarrhea. I feel comfortable in saying after personal experience and reading other reviews that Blue Buffalo is not a food anyone should feed their pets.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Fed my cat this junk, he got crystals in his urine. Took him to the vet; my vet asked what we fed him. "Blue Buffalo;" "Oh ya we heard often from other patients about this food." DON'T BUY THIS JUNK IF YOU LOVE YOUR PETS!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Tried to open can of Blue Dog Food and the can exploded and the smell was sooo bad that we had to use chlorine to sanitize the kitchen counter, wall, floor. We will never buy this product again. Our dogs have gotten sick using this product lately.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information