2.53/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

1894 Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2018

On Friday, March 16 I had to say goodbye to my big, beautiful, loving, orange Tabby, Milo due to advanced kidney failure. Milo was not even 10 years old. Previously a dry cat food consumer, the vet was looking to take some weight off Milo as he was about 2 pounds above the top of his range. She recommended a wet food diet for 6 months with the option to switch back to dry food once he was a lean, mean, Orange machine. Unfortunately, he wouldn't make it to see that day. Blue Wilderness was on the list of "affordable" wet cat foods that we were told were OK to give our cat. We left the vet in November with a clean bill of health (besides those two pounds) and a goal to switch to wet food.

Around the middle of January Milo developed a UTI which we treated, but he never was fully the same. Soon after that he began hiding a lot more in the house, only coming out for meal times and not to play or interact. He also started expressing some bad behavior, such as peeing on my husband and on the wall behind our bed. We were told to give him a few kibble kernels with his wet food as he was likely just communicating that he did not want exclusively wet food. Milo continued to deteriorate with behavior and health. He had trouble urinating and he bit both of my children on separate occasions. We brought him back to the vet. She tested him for urinary crystals of which he had none. She gave us a few recommendations for dealing with our once sweet boy's switch to naughty hell-cat.

Then, he stopped eating at all. On Tuesday March 13 in the evening, we noted that Milo had gone 36 hrs without eating. We got him into the vet the next morning. His bladder was full with several days urine. They checked for a blockage but there was none. The vet manually expressed his bladder and found his urine contained more than 50% blood and she found sand, "grit", and what looked like wood particles in his urine. WOOD AND SAND IN MY INDOOR CAT'S URINE. Alarmed, she reluctantly diagnosed him with Inflamed Bladder Disease, took a blood sample and sent us home with meds. As soon as the blood came back on Friday morning she discovered he was in advanced kidney failure. His numbers were so high they didn't even register on their scales. In addition, they found 5 times the acceptable amount of phosphorous in his blood.

At 4:30pm that afternoon, my husband, and two young children (12 and 10) said goodbye to our beloved kitty; 4 months after switching to Blue Wilderness. Now, in his death I have done some research to find that this is a pretty common occurrence with this food and yet despite at least 2 lawsuits Blue Buffalo is still in business! Destined to kill more innocent animals. I have found to eliminate Blue Buffalo from stores, and from vet recommendations for food. I will never get my baby back, but I would like compensation for the $1,500 in vet bills to care for him, as well as compensation for pain and suffering.

My boy was never the same from that vet trip in November, little did I know the very food that promised to make him healthy and strong was slowly poisoning him to death. Blue Buffalo, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. I don't know how you sleep at night knowing full well that you are killing innocent animals and putting families through torture. Shame on you. Never again.

Original review: March 17, 2018

My cats are both purebred and I decided to purchase food that was advertising high quality ingredients and grain free to provide them with a quality diet. I purchased Blue Buffalo Wilderness Indoor Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food By Blue Buffalo and started to feed them this food. Over time, I started to notice significant weight gain in my red cat and thought it was just because he was being so lazy and eating too much. I then noticed in my black and white cat that he was having bloody mucus diarrhea and thought, that it was strange since his diet was controlled.

He even started acting funny with using the litter box and used the floor at times. Maybe a purebred thing with a chance of colitis??? Both cats also began vomiting foam on occasion. Sadly, I fed my cats this food for 4 years, not realizing that it was causing the problems I was noticing. I then read an article claiming the ingredients listed for this food were not accurate and others were having similar problems with their pets. I was outraged and immediately threw out the remaining food I had in the house and purchased a new brand.

I started my cats on their new food and began noticing a difference as time went on. The bloody mucus stools slowly stopped, there was no more foam vomit, and my lazy, heavy cat became more energetic and lost weight, the cat using the floor instead of the litter box has improved drastically. I contacted Blue Buffalo to voice my concerns and found that they were less than helpful. They requested all receipts of food purchases, who saves those? They also requested vet diagnosis on my pets, there was no diagnosis. Anyway, my boys are back to their normal cat selves and are as active as ever, I wouldn't ever feed them this food again and do not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I lost my poor girl Zelly last friday. She was completely fine until I brought home a bag of blue salmon treats. Within one week of feeding her them. She was gone due to a seizure. I blame Blue Buffalo for taking my dog's life and am completely heartbroken. :(

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have fed my 2 pugs Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Formula Turkey and Potato Recipe Adult dog food for the last 6 years. I changed all of their treats to Blue Buffalo. I started feeding them this because of allergies. The research that I conducted stated that it was a holistic dog food and all natural, best dog food and it was made in the United States. In November 2017, my 9 year old, female pug became ill, not eating, diarrhea, vomiting, lethargic. I took her to the vet and he said maybe she just got into something and put her on an antibiotic and steroids. She improved but I noticed once in a while she seemed to be regressing but then she would rally. On January 28, 2018, I again noticed that she seemed to not want to eat and started with vomiting and diarrhea again. I watched her a couple of days to see if she cleared.

On February 1, 2018, I took her to the vet and he said a second illness in less than 2 1/2 months we needed to do blood work. Her liver enzymes came back very elevated. Once again, she was put on antibiotics and steroids plus ** for her liver. She seemed to rally but on the following Monday, February 5, 2018, she had rapid, labored breathing and was shivering. I took her back to the vet, she was running a fever. She received two antibiotic injections, switched one of the previous antibiotics and was given more steroids to take every other day. She rallied for one day (Tuesday), then her breathing became even more labored on Wednesday (February 7th). My vet was not open on the 7th but I called first thing on February 8th. He had me come in for more lab work and an xray. Her liver enzymes were even more elevated and he sent us on to a university veterinary center.

When I arrived at the U of M veterinary center on Friday, February 9th 30 minutes early for my appointment, they took one look at my dog and immediately took her back to their emergency area. She had an ultrasound which showed that her liver was enlarged, her gallbladder was leaking, and she had fluid in her abdomen. When her lab work came back she was severely anemic and she had very little clotting factor left. All of her labs were off of the charts. There was no hope. She spent her last couple of hours in an oxygen chamber looking at me with hopeful eyes while I waited for my family to come to the vet center because she could not breathe outside of it. 2 and a half weeks after I had to put my baby girl to sleep I came across an article stating that Blue Buffalo Dog food had lead in it and the particular formula I was feeding had 840 ppb of lead and listed the exact symptoms that my dog suffered.

I immediately quit feeding my other pug the Blue Buffalo food and returned any other Blue Buffalo products that I had purchased. I believe the reason my other pug has not shown the effects of this food is due to giving him cranberry daily for bladder stones and that has helped flush some of this from his system. I would never have given this food to my animals if I had known this. These companies do not care about our animals but only about the bottom line. Please if you are feeding your animal anything Blue Buffalo, Stop immediately.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My cats have been on Blue Buffalo for years. I recently got upset to learn while the Freedom is grain free it includes cellulose. If I wanted my cats to eat wood pulp which is non digestible by the body I would grind up my own. I was happy that the Wilderness does not have cellulose. After 2 years of being on the Freedom my cats gained weight. I could not understand how as they were eating according to instructions. I am not back on the Wilderness and in search of something more healthy. Very sad about trick advertising of Grain Free but they fail to mention it has wood pulp. Wow people come on. We deserve the best food we can get for our pets without the deceit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: March 14, 2018

My 12 lb Chihuahua/Terrier/Pomeranian mix is 10 years old. He's only eaten kibble since birth. Today is Tuesday, March 13, 2018. On Friday, March 9, 2018, I gave him less than 1/4 a can of Blue Wilderness Adult Grain Free Beef and Chicken Grill Wet Dog Food which I mixed in with his kibble I always get from Costco. Just one day later, he started having wet, loose stools. The following day, he had continuous diarrhea and was lethargic and has not eaten since last Saturday. He eventually had bloody stools consistently for 2 days now. I was able to get him to the vet right away and they said that Blue Buffalo/Blue Wilderness has had class action lawsuits about their products having more lead than what is allowed for dog food.

I am so angry that this company thinks this is okay. They put up a front that their products are wholesome and holistic. MY **. My poor dog is suffering after eating less than 1/4 of a can of their products. I ordered the 24 wet dog food can pack off of Amazon and just recently did I look at the customer reviews on it... THEY'RE ALL FAKE/ROBOTS. DO NOT GIVE YOUR PETS THESE PRODUCTS. THE BLUE DIAMOND LABEL IS A SIGN OF ILLNESS.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My 9 year old dog Tess needed to lose some weight so I started feeding her Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Chicken and Rice dog food. She certainly lost weight, 11 pounds in less than a year. She was panting heavily, agitated, and hyper, too. Blood test revealed very elevated thyroid hormones. The prognosis was not good indicating a thyroid tumor. On a hunch, I decided to stop feeding her Blue Buffalo with our veterinarian's support to see if there would be any changes to her thyroid levels after discontinuing the food. Lo and behold her thyroid levels are now normal after stopping Blue Buffalo. Our veterinarian agrees that there is no other explanation for the reversal in thyroid levels. She is just fine now after many expensive tests and a terrible scare all due to this Blue Buffalo dog food. Do not feed your pet this food!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Hello... I read the ad about Blue Buffalo containing only wholesome nutritious ingredients and so, wanting the best for my expensive, purebred cats, I bought a few bags (Cat food Kibbles). Now my cats are all sick... Laying around lethargically, (so different than their usual playful selves) blood and pus in the bowel movements, plus drooling and vomiting up foam. I am so upset.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I had my 10 year old West Highland White Terrier on Blue Wilderness Senior dry food for 2 years. For 2 years she was in and out of the vet, not eating, and her stomach sounded like a squeaky rusting gate. She ended up having bloody stools and we took her to the vet and the vet said she had a compromised digestive tract due to THIS food! 2 days of switching her over to Purina Pro Plan Focus for sensitive skin and stomach and she is her old self again. I would NEVER recommend this horrible food to anyone and I don't think it should be sold. It kills animals.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Like everyone else, I wanted something healthier for my male cat. I fed him this food for 6 months. He suddenly developed a blockage. It took 5 days in the vet with drugs and a catheter (imagine the pain)... Oh and about $3000 to get my 6 year old kitty back in decent condition. DO NOT BUY THIS FOOD. I would give zero stars if I could. I warned my sister about this food when she got her kitten but her vet insisted this food was healthy. Her cat developed a blockage quickly and had to go through the same catheter process. These are not isolated situations. Their formula is bad and it is a scam.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Wanted to feed my cat a better food and unfortunately this company was at the top of the list. Feed my cat this food for two weeks and then sought out the consumer reviews. The biggest regret I have is not doing my research prior. I stopped giving the food after two weeks but the damage was done. Our cat developed urinary problems and started urinating blood. Hundreds of dollars later and pain for my cat to know that I should have read consumer reports before giving my cat this food. I am appalled this company is still highly recommended. Please do not make the same mistake I did. Do not feed your cat this food!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

My Sheltie is 10 and has been on Science Diet her whole life. I decided to try this senior food because it was in the grocery store and convenient and a good price. Within two weeks my dog has gained about 3 lb! Stay far far away or you will have an elderly overweight pet!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I switched my dogs food in about 2012 after my vet said to switch to Blue from Kibbles 'n Bits. It was so expensive so I thought it was good food and it’s advertised as such. After that I was in a car accident with him he was fine but started having seizures. I thought it was because of the accident. Even though he was not hurt no one could figure out why and it never crossed my mind that it was the food until a different vet said, "Blue was horrible for your dogs," so I started doing research and omg so many dogs and cats are having seizures after switching to Blue. I’m disgusted and disheartened by this and will never purchase Blue again. Btw the only reason they can say they don’t add preservatives is because they buy their ingredients with preservatives in them so they can advertise as not adding any preservatives. Freaking disgusting.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I started giving my 15 year old dog Blue B. food for seniors to keep her healthy. After 2 weeks of feeding her the food she started walking a little bit better but then she had her first and only seizure she's ever had. Also, had bad eyesight and within 2 months she was completely blind and she could no longer use her back legs which is common for an older dog but deteriorated very quickly after the dog food was introduced into her diet. Eventually I had to put her to sleep 4 months after I started feeding her the food.

I have two other very young dogs that really didn't like the taste of the dog food anyway. They had soft stool for a few weeks after switching the food. So I switched to Nutra dog food and they love it. Only reason I even thought it was the food is because I looked at a recall in June 2017 that said the food had high amounts of lead in the food. They were probably right but I trusted a friend that praised the food and said it got their dog walking again after 3 weeks. Never again!!! Blue Buffalo needs to reimburse its customers for the deaths of our loved ones (our dogs)!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Honestly, I cannot believe some of the negative comments on here. My Shiba Inu baby, Rileigh, who is 11 years old, has lived a healthy life with Blue Buffalo Freedom Grain-Free food. I have had absolutely no negative reactions -- she loves it and always eats all of her food. Sometimes I wonder if maybe some people are mixing the kibble with something else that may be causing their ailments and pointing to the Blue product rather than what they may have introduced into it. I can only speak for my Rileigh -- strong, beautiful coat, alert, a little arthritic but that's to be expected at her age. I can't imagine why I would even try another brand of food. So, for what it's worth, I highly recommend Blue products.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We switched our 11-year-old cat from 9Lives to Blue about 3 or 4 months ago, making sure we slowly switched the food like is suggested. She seemed great! She became more active, wanted to play more, heck her coat even seemed to be better. Everything was great... until about one or two weeks ago. That is when it was obvious that something was not right. She started drinking lots of water, which is odd as cats normally do not want to drink water often. She suddenly started became quick to attack us when we tried to pet her when she used to lay on my lap for hours happy to get pets. And today she suddenly started throwing up; I mean she rarely gets sick, maybe once every three months and that is normally a hairball, but today... 6 times that I heard/seen. Please do not buy this food. Hell, I am afraid to give her the treats.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

My heart goes out to these pet owners as I read through their emails about their experiences with Blue Buffalo pet food. I nearly lost a 14 year old cat 4 years ago by feeding it Blue Menu cat food. He also was having seizures and rapidly lost weight and became very lethargic. When all vet tests came back normal I changed his food because it was the only change that had been recently made to him within about a 3 week period. He gradually regained his health and only last month passed away at the age of 18.

What I don't understand is how Blue Menu Pet foods continues to even exist and we are always being bombarded by their extensive TV ads as they try to brainwash people into thinking they are the absolute best food available. It's been 4 years since I had that bad experience with my cat and how many pets have suffered or died since then because of that garbage. I wish there was something we could do. If it were people instead of pets affected something would have been done by now.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I began using Blue Wilderness canned dog food to mix it with my dog's dry. I only use a couple tablespoons at a time just to provide moisture. Yesterday I came home from work and my dog had extreme diarrhea and was vomiting. Afterward, I put more food down and again mixed in the canned dog food. She ate her food last night, but jumped on me in my sleep at 5:00 this morning to let her out and we could barely make it to the door quick enough. Again, she had diarrhea and vomiting. I immediately thought of the food, which I just started using. I did research and came across all these complaints. I will not be using this brand any longer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We have a rescue dog. She was 5 months old when we received her and she has been eating Blue Buffalo puppy food (chicken & rice). She really enjoys that. When she turned 14 months old we switched to adult Blue Buffalo wilderness. I have read the reviews and too many complaints about cost. Well we went out for supper the other night. The meal was $38 plus tip for one meal so I look at the cost of her food as pretty damn cheap for that 12 pound bag last over a month. I think I should find a food that would feed me for a month for $20 dollars.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I was given a Lowchen dog who was 2 months short of being 2 years old. About a year later she started having seizures. The vet had to increase her medication a couple of times to control the seizures. When she was 10 years old she also developed diabetes. I drove to Atlanta with Rosie and had to take her to the vet there. He kept her because she was dehydrated and some of her vitals were off. She died that night at the vets. I couldn't believe she was gone. That was at least 3 years ago. I just read about the problems with Blue Buffalo at the end of last year. I am so angry because I thought I was feeding my dog the best. Her seizures caused her to fall on the floor and flail her legs and lose her urine. After the seizure she would walk around in circles as if she didn't know where she was.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have been using Blue for many years. Within the past 2 I have my 3 pets 1 dog 2 cats to Blue Wilderness. They have never been as healthy as they have been since starting. They are all at the proper weight have all the energy in the world.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

My name is Tony and I would like to voice what has happened to our family dog Lincoln who is a 5-year-old (German shepherd and lab mix). We bought Lincoln when he was approximately 1.5 years old in late January 2014. When we took ownership of Lincoln he was receiving Purina pro plan focus. We kept Lincoln on Purina for about a year until we transitioned his food to Blue Buffalo. The reason for switching his food was due from recent news that some of Purina’s products were coming from China. We choose Blue Buffalo - Chicken Adult because it was a premium brand and also trusted recommendation from staff at PetSmart.

Before Blue Buffalo, we used to feed our dog two times a day (Breakfast and Dinner). After switching Lincoln would not eat his breakfast serving and would eat both his breakfast and dinner serving right before bed. It took a while for Lincoln to like his new food but soon enough he was eating a 30 lb bag about every month. In July of 2016, Lincoln had his first seizure in the middle of the night. My wife and I were pretty familiar with this situation and were able to handle it due from my wife being epileptic. After Lincoln’s first seizure my wife and I brought Lincoln to the vet the next morning because we thought Lincoln might have chewed a piece of gum containing xylitol. The doctor checked his blood levels which didn’t show any sign of xylitol.

The next week Lincoln had another seizure. We went back to our animal hospital and were informed that Lincoln might be epileptic or might have a brain tumor (unlikely for his age). After a long conversation with the Vet, we decided to put Lincoln on ** (anti-seizure medicine). Lincoln was taking ** 2 times per day to start off. For the next year, we kept Lincoln on the same food and medication. In that time Lincoln still had seizures about twice every month and had normal blood levels. In May of 2017, Lincoln had a cluster of seizures (6 within 24 hrs) which resulted from us bringing him to the University of Minnesota (U of M) Vet center at 4:30 AM in the morning. We are a middle-class family and for the most part, we have to charge the out of ordinary expenses on our Credit card and hope to pay it off within reason. The bill at the U of M Vet Center was a $1,000 for the day.

The aftermath ended up causing Lincoln to up his ** dosage to 2x and to be introduced to a new drug **. We now went from $70 / month in medicine to $140. We kept Lincoln on the same medication and food thinking that this was the norm. In October of 2017 fed up with the cost of Lincoln’s medication and that Lincoln still continued to have seizures, we decided to research his food. We found out that Blue Buffalo has had thousands of complaints that it has given other dogs/cats seizures and death as the worst case scenario. After this research, my wife and I thought we should change Lincoln’s food and see if it made a difference.

We went to Chuck & Don’s Pet Food and Supplies and spoke with an associate there and voiced our concerns about Blue Buffalo. The associate was aware that it gave dogs seizures. We decided to go with Taste of the Wild. I am proud to say that Lincoln has been seizure free for 3 months now which is amazing to us and our family. Typically during a seizure, Lincoln paces back and forth in the hallway and wakes up our 18-month-old daughter which is a double whammy. The reason I am writing this is to inform consumers about Blue Buffalo. Blue Buffalo is advertised as a premium dog food and a healthy choice for pets. I was shocked when I found out what happened to our dog as a result of the food (top dollar $$$).

I want a refund for the hospital bills, the food, and medication ($4k over 1.5 years). I don’t know if I will ever see this compensation but I am happy our dog is still with us. From the forums, I have read that is not the same scenario for a lot of pet owners. So please inform others and do your research on dog food. Just because you pay top dollar for food does not always mean the best for your pet. Please email me if you have any questions about your dog. I want to do my best to help.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have tried Blue Buffalo on and off for months now. My 8 month old pup loves it. But it doesn’t love him. He originally was on Blue Wilderness Puppy. He loved it. I have never seen him so excited to eat. But after about 2 weeks he started getting unbelievable gas, then came the diarrhea. Then came the tummy grumbles and whimpers of pain. I immediately took him off of it. But he doesn’t like the taste of any new food. So I went back to Blue Buffalo with their Texas BBQ. All the same symptoms came back. So now we struggle to find a new food. He loves Blue Buffalo. But it doesn’t love him and I don’t love it either.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I say about a day ago I bought Blue Wilderness for my very active energetic puppy, people kept suggesting that for my German Shepherd pup but it made her vomit and no longer acting like herself, she has been refusing to eat any food, any suggestions on what to do? Our vet was closed today so we couldn't take her up there.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I started my kitten on Blue Wilderness wet and dry cat food because the shelter was feeding him Purina Friskies and I heard that Blue was supposed to best store brand. My kitten has no trouble adjusting between foods, and it’s been a couple months since I started him on Blue. However, about a month into Blue, he started throwing up all the time. Just this morning, he threw up 5 times in a row all over my bedroom floor. Not to mention, his activity increased soo much since I started him on this. What the hell are you guys doing to this food?!

And now that I’ve been online and seen all the negatives about this company (which you guys do a good job of covering up in specific searches) and about how many animals it’s killed, you can bet your ass my cat isn’t eating this ** anymore. This is like feeding your child nothing but McDonald’s! This is horrible! It’s so hard to find good foods. All billionaire companies like to do is find the cheapest ways to do things no matter how it affects the health of their target audience. They’re forcing us to slowly kill our babies!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Do not buy these treats! Blue Buffalo “All Natural" Dog Treats sent my fur baby into liver failure! Seizures, overnights at the animal hospital, ultrasounds neurologists, biopsies, and 5 medications every 2 to 3 hours a day not to mention a few grand. Later after ruling out cancer and or neurological issues it was concluded that it was the Dog Treats causing the issue! Something needs to be done, Blue Buffalo you need to take responsibility for the pain and suffering you are causing your customers! You need to compensate! I think a class action is warranted. You almost took the light of my life from me. It appears I’m not the only one!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My three year old Boxer just passed away and I am fairly certain her death was due to Blue Buffalo dog food. She was very healthy dog. After a couple of months on the food she became more and more less interested in eating it. Looking back I should have changed food then, but Blue Buffalo was highly rated. A week before she died she experienced diarrhea and fatigue off & on. She passed away less than 24 hours after seeing the vet, at that time all vitals were normal & was sent home with anti diarrhea meds. I really wished I did a better job researching this product, maybe this review will save a pup.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Blue Buffalo Dog Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner - Our 4 year old min pin is at the ER Hospital fighting for her life with pancreatitis and a severe urinary infection. We only started a slow food switch a month ago or less. The ER Docs said they were seeing many cases of pancreatitis during the food changeover. Hopefully I caught it early and she will live... She started vomiting today and within 4 hours had crashed. Not sure if it’s the food, but after reading many other posts and news stories, probably not a coincidence. Our Belle might die and has suffered greatly today because we wanted to feed her “Healthy and Holistic Natural Food for Dogs”. My advice: Don’t be tempted by the commercials.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

If I could give this product 0 stars I would! My puppy is so sick and this dog food (Puppy Food chicken flavor) that I got today is the blame!!! Blue Buffalo like my energetic puppy is out of it, lethargic, vomiting, just not himself. And he never acts like this! $50 for some dog food that has my baby sick AF! Don't feed your dog this **. I swear I should have done my research first. But everyone insisted to my BF this is the food he should be eating. First of all I wanna say I won't be taking any more advice from nobody when it comes to the well being of my dog. Like seriously I will raise him, Train him, and feed him what I see is best! Don't buy this! I REPEAT. DON'T BUY THIS DOG FOOD.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Do NOT feed your pet BLUE. I do not usually write reviews, but I want to warn other pet owners out there about this terrible product. My cat has been on BLUE all of her life, and for the past 2 years she has been on BLUE Wilderness Indoor Chicken formula. Recently, she had to have major surgery to remove a large struvite bladder stone, which is caused by diet. When I wrote to this company about what happened, they brushed it off and blamed my vet for not linking the stone to the food. My vet (who I trust and saved her life) let me know that these stones are always caused by diet. BLUE Buffalo knows this as well. I am extremely disappointed with this company and product and just want to protect other animals out there.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information