Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Pets

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 28, 2019

I wanted to switch my puppy to Blue Buffalo because my two cats eat it. About 1 week after switching my puppy she started getting a UTI and now it won't go away. It's been three weeks with my puppy on antibiotics and taking a cranberry supplement and I'm switching her to Hill's Puppy Food. I hope she gets better, Blue Buffalo is horrible.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Ingredients great for my dog. I order on Chewy. My dog is satisfied and looks fabulous! His weight is great. His coat is beautiful. I am confident he is receiving the best food available. The price is right and I have dependable delivery.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We used this puppy food formula because we wanted him to continue using the same product he was eating before we adopted him. The food worked fine for the first month, but then our puppy started having extreme diarrhea that would not stop until we changed his diet.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Used for multiple dogs. They have all done well with Blue limited ingredients version. We also prefer the grain free. We buy at Chewy.com or Tractor Supply Co. Slightly more than Purina but we have had good luck with Blue Buffalo.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We alternate between different flavors for variety, and Blue Buffalo makes that easy to do. Our dog has thrived on this regimen. Her energy, coat and demeanor are what we watch for in our dog, and Blue Buffalo meets those needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: April 13, 2019

Even though this food is "more expensive" than say the generic "WalMart" brand, I end up using about a 1/3 of the amount that would be given with the generic brands. Further, the dog seems to be much more "alive", frisky and better natured than when he was on generic food.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Was using a different brand and found out the ingredients were not as described. Switched to Blue Buffalo. My dog is doing very well. Does not act like she is 11 years old. Will play until I get too tired and still wants to play.

Original review: April 12, 2019

It’s the only dog food I found, so far, for my current dogs that keeps them from scratching. When I adopted them they had a lot of skin problems, and when I started using Blue Buffalo grain free and they got better pretty quickly and have been better ever since.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This is a premium brand, but at a reasonable price point and widely available. Some other recommended brands are quite hard to find! This is grain free and doesn't cause tummy upsets in my sensitive dog.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I buy the small breed chicken and oatmeal flavor. I like that the kibble is small for my three small dogs. Even their adult flavors have small size morsels. Blue also offers grain-free or regular. My vet does not recommend grain-free foods, so we continue to use Blue. Other brands are just so expensive. One of my dogs can't eat chicken, so Blue offers a lamb kibble in small bites.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Great because my dog loves his food and Blue Buffalo has great ingredients and most stores stock it. Not the low cost dog food, but the price is worth it for me and my dog. Have been using Blue Buffalo for over 7 years of my dogs about eight years of life. He is in good health and happy.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have had no problems with Blue Buffalo. My dog seems healthy and happy with the taste. I love the fact it says no artificial flavors and colors added. The extra ingredients are antioxidants that some dog foods don't have. I like the different flavors to choose from. Blue Buffalo also offers a weight loss formula which has helped my dog lose weight. I recommend this dog food to all my friends and family.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My dogs love the food. I have no complaints. They use outside toilet very well, lol. They are bite size chunks. It's not too hard for my dogs to chew. I believe other dog owners would be very satisfied.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We've enjoyed the quality of ingredients, prices of product, repeatability of product quality, packaging and availability of this of all Blue Buffalo brand dog food for almost 10 years now. We have specifically used the Rice and Chicken flavored dog food for Small Breed dogs beginning with the puppy stage, through adult stage and not on to Senior Stage. As our Jack Russell Terrier has gotten older we've realized he needed supplemental nutrition for his joints. A combination of over the counter glucosamine chondroitin pills and the Blue Buffalo Senior Small Breed dog food has reduced if not eliminated his joint issues.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I find it provides superior quality and is a product my dog seems to always enjoy. Though a bit more expensive than some, I find it worth it. They also have a wide variety of dog foods that provide a plethora of heal benefits so you can feel better about what you are feeding your dog.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My three dogs refused to eat it. One took mouthful and then spit it out and drank plenty of water. I spent a lot of money and the Pet Store refused to give me my money back. So I now feed them Children Livers for $1.89 a carton and they love it.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My dog likes this food and has grown the right size by eating it. The food is small kibble pieces for my 10 pound Maltese to digest. It is chicken flavored so no need to worry about food allergies. The Food is sold at leading pet stores and at Walmart.

\n

Original review: April 6, 2019

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods caused chronic diarrhea in my dogs, lead to pancreatitis, then diabetes. Worst food on the planet, and they lie about the ingredients in all varieties of their dog kibble.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Blue Buffalo is a brand I can trust. When they were puppies we used another brand initially and both were having reactions. We looked at Blue Buffalo's ingredients and changed over to the Puppy dry dog food. My pets' issues resolved and we have never looked back. We moved them to the Adult dry food, and in the past few years weight for each dog became an issue, so they were changed to the Healthy Weight dry dog food. I would never change them to anything else. They waiting for the dishes to go down and chow.

Original review: April 4, 2019

We keep Siberian Huskies. Currently, they are in 'personal pet' status (as opposed to 'working dogs') and given the lowered level of physical, activity, we follow careful guidelines as to quantity of food given them daily (half a cup of Blue Buffalo 'Rice and Chicken', Senior, in AM and same amount in PM). This seems to achieve the right balance between nutritional needs and maintenance of ideal body weight. Blue Buffalo 'Rice & Chicken' (Senior) appears to have a good balance of healthful ingredients, but more to the point our dogs love it (no picky-eaters at our house). I see no need to change brands, given our experience with Blue Buffalo Brand dry dog foods and we are quite satisfied with it.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My veterinarian D. ** told me about it. I was feeding him Purina Pro Plan since he was a puppy. From 2008-2014. Blue Buffalo has limited ingredient. He has dry skin and allergy. He love Blue Buffalo because it has more healthy ingredient for his skin and coat and for his hip and joints.

Original review: April 3, 2019

None of my 3 dogs liked it past the first day. Their coats were not as shiny as other brands and their overall health did not improve. Still had issues with runny stools, no matter which formula I offered them of the Blue Buffalo. They were also fined for not disclosing an specific potentially harmful ingredient.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Dogs are obligate carnivores and grain is not a natural food for them. Sure, they can tolerate grain, but the Blue Buffalo I get is mostly beef meal (ground, dried meat). Now, that said, dogs do eat some greens (not grains) along with their meat. So for breakfast, I feed each of mine a can of green beans (which they LOVE!). For dinner they get Blue Buffalo.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I fed this to my chihuahua thinking I was feeding him healthy food, but my dog passed away in January 2019. I know it's from this food. This company should stop selling this food. They need to be shut down. How many animals have to fall ill or pass away to close this company down.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food. Have nine cats that used to love this product. I think they altered their formula because none of our cats will eat it. Even blended with Meow Mix they eat around the Buffalo bits. No idea what happened, but the rejection started in Jan, 2019.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Wanted to give my dogs a healthier food and switched to Blue, big mistake! I started the transition from Purina to Blue and noticed bad gas right away. Then the lethargy after full transition in both dogs! Their bowel movements also changed and soon had changed to diarrhea. I was worried that it was a virus, however my third dog who refused to eat Blue had no symptoms! I knew at that point it had to be the dog food! I threw out the remaining bag and put Purina back in their bowls. Within three days they are all better. Screw Blue! Overrated crap!

Original review: March 27, 2019

From the day I brought my Border Collie home from the breeder. I fed her Blue Buffalo Puppy food for her first year. Sometimes with Toppers and some without. My Border Collie is Healthy and Happy dog. We have given her no table scraps. We give her meat sometimes and use Blue Buffalo Adult Food as a dry food in her bowl. She never has to gobble her food. She grazes. When she is hungry she eats. When she is not she doesn't. I think with her Blue Buffalo she gets all she needs and is never starving. We keep portioning on the bag. We always have leftover kibble in the bowl at night. She is not overweight and very active. With all the bad reviews I thought the site could use a good one. Happy consumers hardly every post good comments so I thought I would do so.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Blue Buffalo does not have a consistent desired flavor. My dog will not eat this food from some purchases. It can even smell different, but be the same flavor as the last bag. I have even gotten what I believe was bad food that made my dog sick. I smelled the food well and it smelled worse than normal. I called the company to report it thinking they would want to know. They were rude and dismissive, would not so much as give me a coupon for a few dollars off on a new bag. I also cannot understand why they do not make a size very small kibble. I just stopped buying it... bad food and customer service.

Original review: March 23, 2019

My 11 year old Chihuahua began taking medicine for a heart issue around the middle of 2018. Around the same time, I noticed that he was excessively thirsty, always starving for food, and leaking a small amount of pee occasionally. My initial thought was that the new medicine was just making him more thirsty than usual.

Our next trip to the vet they tested his urine and discovered an infection. I had them do a blood test at that time. When his results came back he had elevated levels of liver and kidney enzymes. They told me that they were concerned that he may have Cushing Disease and recommended an ultrasound be done. We went to a small breed internal medicine specialist who performed the ultrasound. She said that his gallbladder was inflamed, but one side was larger than the other. Also said that his bile duct looked murky. She said that the symptoms were consistent with Cushing’s but told us there is a test designed specifically for that diagnosis. It came back negative for Cushing’s.

As soon as I heard about the dog food recalls, I began researching and reading people’s comments. My dog’s symptoms were just way too similar for me to think it was a coincidence. I called my vet right away and they told me his food was fine. I just couldn’t shake the feeling I had, so I changed his food the very next day. I bought him Orijen and his symptoms immediately disappeared. It was like night and day. He started drinking water normally and not the entire bowl at a time. Don’t trust this food. Luckily I was smart enough to follow my own gut. Rocky is doing great now on Orijen.

Original review: March 20, 2019

It’s pure natural ingredients and that makes me feel safe feeding to my dogs. And the dogs love the snacks. And unlike some treats, these smell almost good enough for me to try (but I’m not!). I recommend buying these for your special furry family members. They deserve the best.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information