2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Shop on Chewy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Blue Buffalo is a manufacturer of dog and cat foods. Ingredients include high-quality meats, fruits, vegetables, cheese, eggs, fish oil, barley, rye, fava beans, vitamins and mineral supplements. Products are available on the company’s website and through other retailers.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Shop on Chewy

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

On January 17, 2015 we transitioned our 14-month old Shiba Inu to Blue Freedom Adult Dog Food: Lamb Recipe from the Blue Freedom Puppy formula that he had been eating without incident since he was 9-weeks old. Two and a half weeks later on the night of February 4, 2015 he started vomiting and by February 7, 2015 he was diagnosed with profound kidney failure. We put him to sleep the next day, February 8, 2015. The suspected causes are either Leptospirosis bacterial infection (he was not vaccinated against that) or poisoning.

Unfortunately while it only takes one week to show symptoms of Leptospirosis infection it takes four weeks to develop antibodies against it. He simply did not live long enough to develop antibodies so the negative test result is not reliable. As for accidental poisoning I am confident that he did not ingest anything harmful that day such as antifreeze, raisins, rat poison or the usual suspects.

The only other change in his otherwise predictable routine was the switch to a new formula of the Blue Freedom dog food line. Hindsight is always 20/20 but thinking back there were signs of things out of the ordinary. He used to finish his breakfast before lunch and eat his dinner pretty much immediately. After the switch he would not touch his breakfast until after his midday walk and would not always finish his dinner. We thought maybe he did not like the taste of lamb but it's also possible that he was putting off eating as long as possible because something was wrong.

Also there were behavioral changes in the days before the physical symptoms manifested. He started destroying furniture he had previously ignored and began gnawing holes in the wall. He became unusually restless the two mornings prior to his vomiting episode. We thought he was being rambunctious but in hindsight he was agitated. He was feeling sick. This to me points to a gradual poisoning instead of a singular one on the day of symptom onset, which is what the veterinarian is assuming.

I'm trying to get the dog food laboratory tested but even if I figure out how to do that I'll probably never be able to prove it. We didn't request an autopsy nor did we preserve tissue samples for testing. I can't prove that tainted Blue Buffalo Freedom Adult Dog food killed my dog, but I know it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

We have a samoyed and Shiba Inu and both were eating Blue Buffalo Chicken. Both our dogs have had occasional diarrhea, but didn't think too much about it. In January our Samoyed had very bloody stool and diarrhea - we took her to Banfield (which don't get me started on them!!) and got her on antibiotics. They stated she had an overgrowth of bacteria. The next month we came home from work to bloody diarrhea, vomit, and an extremely sick dog. After meeting with our new Vet and trying to figure out why she had yet another overgrowth of bacteria, we pinpointed the issue! HER FOOD. This food has a good marketing strategy with false ingredients! STAY AWAY!!! After spending countless dollars on our dog's being sick, thinking it was anything but the "healthy" dog food - we are very angry with this company!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I purchased Blue Buffalo Small Breed Lamb and Rice dog food for my 1 and 1/2 year old Jack Russell Terrier/Blue Heeler Mix since late-December 2014. Today, I took my dog into the veterinarian with acute pancreatitis. He will be on painkillers, IV fluids and antibiotics at the veterinarians office. Hopefully, he will survive and recover. The bill for this visit is likely to be at minimum several hundred dollars. When I told my veterinarian what I fed my dog, she told me to stop feeding him Blue Buffalo right away. My dog does not eat table scraps, only Blue Buffalo dry food. As I read out complaints, I realized that my dog is also suffering from other symptoms reported in other complaints. He is shedding excessively. Can anyone explain to me why this company is still selling this dog food and why more is not being done to protect consumers?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

I found a rock in the bag of food purchased in January 2015. I called they said I could turn in the bag and sent an envelope for the rock. Coincidentally my 10 yr old dog died Friday blood in stomach and mouth? Will I ever know, he seemed to go down very quickly, strange isn't it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

My dog has been on Blue Buffalo for 2 1/2 years and now she is getting blood in urine. We did all kinds of tests and no bacteria showing but still blood. Has been on antibiotics for over a month and still showing blood. I know that others had blood in stool but has anyone had issues with blood in urine? Help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

Bought 2 bags of this very expensive food. Dogs have eaten Iams all of their life but now that they are quite elderly thought that grain-free might help reduce joint pain. When I was mixing to transition them to the new food, they were eating but then when it was more than 2/3 BB, they quit eating it. At this age, not eating could be for any number of reasons. Thinking the kibble might be harder than what they were used to with Iams, I'm now adding chicken broth to soften so they can eat it. They won't touch it without the broth. They've had loose bowels but thought it was due to the transition.

The feedback on this site scares me to death. We've fed and taken care of our two beloved labs very well and it concerns me that this product is made in China. Why are stores stocking this product when there is so much dissatisfaction? We will be returning the unopened bag and throwing out the 1/2 bag that remains. This is over $120 in dog food which sounds like nothing compared to the fear, worry and vet bills this product is causing pet owners. Back to Iams Mature we go. Should have never changed!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

About a month ago I switched my cats' food from Purina to BB. I heard Purina had ingredients I didn't think were safe for my cats but all 3 were in perfect health. They range from 3 to 6 yrs old. They seemed fine for the first 3 weeks then the youngest started losing her appetite and vomiting constantly. Then a 2nd cat started vomiting and refuses to eat the food. I switched food for 2 days, the problem stopped. I gave them this food again, problems returned. l switched to wellness brand, prob. solved. Problem is from canned and dry foods. I'll never buy again chicken grain free dry/various canned. These cats never vomited anything more than an occasional hairball prior to eating this food. Ever!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

My wife did a lot of research to find our pet a healthy dog food. About 4 months ago we made the switch to blue buffalo, I am sorry we did it now. Our Holly almost died last night. We just started a new bag we bought the other day and after she ate last night it started. She went outside for a while in our yard after supper as she always does, no sooner did she come in. My daughter found her throwing up and there was runny stool everywhere. Then she collapsed and almost stopped breathing.

Within 2 minutes there was blood pouring from her behind. We rushed her to the vets and when we told them what we fed her he said that could be it. $1200 later in tests, there is no signs of cancer, parvo or failure of any organ but a lot of gas in the xray and internal bleeding. I am going to the store where I purchased this and lodging a complaint. I can see you have many people mad at you and you disgust me. I hope you get what you deserve when your maker calls.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

We have two cats and two dogs. The dogs have been on Instinct's Nature's Variety with great success. My cats had been on blue buffalo for some time when my older cat developed diabetes. She was diagnosed when she stopped eating prompting a trip to the vet. It was imperative she started eating so she could receive her insulin and the only thing she would eat was friskies wet food. Once her diabetes was under control we eventually switched back to leaving blue buffalo out during the day and using a little wet food in the mornings and evenings for giving her insulin (she would not eat any of the prescription food either). This was the end of last year. Shortly after switching back she started defacating outside of the litter box and has been having bouts of diarrhea and vomiting. I didn't think anything of it since only one cat was sick, but then noticed the other cat avoids the blue buffalo and mostly eats the wet food.

On top of that, recently the dogs have gotten to the cats food a few times and have been vomiting afterwards as well, something that is extremely rare for them, and so it prompted me to search if there was a recall on the blue buffalo cat food. I don't know without a doubt it is blue buffalo, but I know it is enough of a reason for me to suspect the food after seeing so many other reported problems. I am definitely making the switch, and I only hope the rash of complaints will at least raise enough concern for an investigation.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

I switched my 1.5 year old yellow labrador, Payton, to Blue Buffalo Wilderness in September of 2014. He was doing great on it. On Jan 17th 2015, Payton came down with horrible diarrhea. Our Vet did stool testing for bacteria and parasites - nothing found. Coincidentally, he had started a new bag of BBW on Jan 9th. So, we put him on a bland diet of rice and boiled turkey. He almost instantly recovered. Then we slowly transitioned him back onto BBW last week. His stools have become more and more loose as we increased BBW back into his diet.

As of today, he is back to having bad diarrhea. I work from home so he is not getting into anything and I take him outside when he has go. I decided to do some research into BBW and see if there was any recalls. This site immediately came up and I am horrified to read what has happened to other dogs and cats. I am pulling him off the BBW food and going to try Merrick or Canidae or put him back on Nutro.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

I would not recommend this pet food to any pet owner, dog or cat. This company claims to provide a natural evolutionary diet, but it is anything but natural. The company adds caramel to their food, most likely to darken those little brown lifesource bits. For anyone who does not know, caramel is caramel color, thus 4 MEI. I sent an email to the company asking how much 4 MEI was in a 1 cup serving of pet food, and they did not know. The company assured me that the levels of 4 MEI were low, but they did not know an exact number. 4 MEI occurs during the browning of food, which can happen when pet food is made. This company adds additional caramel color to please the consumer only, as caramel color has no taste or nutritional value.

Consumers who buy any cat or dog food from any one of the company's lines is doing so because they want to give their pet the best, not feed their pet carcinogens like 4 MEI. No animal will normally encounter caramel color in their natural diet. This company does not care about pets.

The company’s website does not list caramel as an additive to their pet foods under list of ingredients. A consumer would have to read the product label to find caramel listed as an ingredient. If the additive is no big deal, then why is this ingredient not listed on the Blue Buffalo website? Probably because the company knows people would not buy the product if they understood what they were actually feeding their pets.

I purchased this pet food for my cat, because I was not certain that the ingredient was actually caramel color, since it was listed as caramel. My poor cat got so constipated on the Blue Buffalo food, that he was heading for megacolon, and eventually refused to eat it. The food itself is not really good for pets. Even if the caramel color was removed from the food, the food is still not that great or healthy. I bought some orijens and now my cat is doing much better, and has his appetite back. For anyone who loves their pet, please do your research on pet food, because most pet food companies could care less about what they put in your pet, just like most human food companies could care less what they put in us. For most companies, it is all about pretty product, addictive taste and pretty packaging so we will buy it more, not health.

Love your pets, cause no one else may care enough to keep them well if you do not.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

I would have given zero stars, or NEGATIVE stars, but that option wasn't offered...I am sick to my stomach reading these reviews on Blue Brand dog food. My two dogs have been having diarrhea for several days now. I came online to do some research about their food, considering they are BOTH sick, and the food is the only thing they have in common. Reading what all these other people wrote-- about their dogs and cats having diarrhea, vomiting, lethargy-- some going into liver and kidney failure, some Precious Babies losing their lives-- well I am just in tears, and also SO extremely scared for my two babies-- and at the same time, I AM DISGUSTED WITH THE BLUE BUFFALO COMPANY, *KNOWING* this is happening, and keeping their products out there anyway!!!

It's perfectly fine with you folks to do that??? To keep selling your products, making innocent animals ill, making some lose their LIVES?!?!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!! And here, all of us had done our research, we were told Blue was made in the USA, great, holistic ingredients.. We TRUSTED YOU.. Now to read that at least some of the ingredients are coming from China.. to read of all these poor, precious animals suffering, some losing their lives, and their poor, distraught owners..

Well I am just SICK... and I am TERRIFIED for the well-being of my two babies... I will be bringing them both to the vet this morning, I will be returning all Blue products to PetSmart, and I will be TELLING PetSmart about this website, and about how they need to PULL BLUE FROM THEIR SHELVES-- NOW.. I am also calling Blue.. SHAME ON YOU... And to anyone out there currently feeding Blue, I humbly suggest, STOP IT *IMMEDIATELY*!!!!! Don't have happen to you, what all of us on this website are having happen to US...

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

My son's pit bull has been eating blue buffalo for a couple of years and has been fine, then about 2 months ago he started having diarrhea and vomiting in the house. I would wake up and there would be diarrhea on the carpet and also some vomit so I took him to the vet. They would put him on an antibiotic, a probiotic and a vile of this brown liquid to give to him as soon as we got home. So I gave him a bland diet of boiled chicken, he won't eat rice for a few days and he got better. Then I put him back on the blue buffalo and it started again so for a second time the vet put him on the meds again and I gave him boiled chicken and science diet RD Gastrointestinal Health. He got better again so we thought maybe he got into something.

Then I put him back on blue buffalo for the third time and he got diarrhea again so the vet put him back on the meds and another bland diet of boiled chicken and the RD food and LUCKILY I decided to keep him on the Rd food and he has been fine - no more diarrhea or vomiting. The vet thought maybe he was just getting a sensitive stomach since he is 7 years old, if he started the diarrhea again the vet was going to do a bunch of tests on him. Thank God my daughter in law saw this about the blue buffalo and called me. I am totally disgusted. I thought blue buffalo was the best food out there and reading about other animals having the same problems as our dog and worse - some animals have died. Why has the company not put a recall on their dog and cat food? How many more animals have to get sick or die from this food. I think they don't want to lose all the money they are making from selling this bad food. DON'T BUY BLUE BUFFALO.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

I just bought a got a new puppy. Went to one of the Pet supply stores and they pushed Blue Buffalo and how good it was. Over the course of the first day, the puppy's stools went from normal to soupy. I thought it might be just because he was so young and was in a new environment. Over the next 2 days, just got worse and worse. Wasn't until I started checking the internet that I now know it was BB puppy food. Hopefully, I've caught it before I've done permanent damage to him. Will go back to Purina puppy chow.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

My lab retriever is almost two years old and has been eating Blue Buffalo since he was 4 months old with no issues. I just opened a new bag ordered in January 2014 and within five minutes of him eating his breakfast, he proceeded to throw up 19 times over the course of two hours. He had been fine the night prior and I had watched him outside, so he didn't eat anything else that would've caused that. I've fed him chicken and rice for the past day and a half since the incident. Do not feed your animals this food. They are outsourcing to China and it is endangering animals.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

I have been feeding my dog Blue Buffalo wilderness chicken for many years. Starting this fall she began leaving her bowl without touching the food. I tried dressing up the kibble with yogurt, and convincing her to eat it. She was definitely hungry but not wanting to eat the food in the bowl. I chalked it up to being picky in her older age. She began to have diarrhea and no amount of add-ons to her kibble was working. I wanted to check out other food options for her since she obviously wasn't interested in Blue Buffalo anymore when I came across this site.

I immediately stopped feeding her Blue Buffalo. Her appetite was still ok at this point. Around the end of December she stopped eating rice and chicken and was weak so I took her in to the vet where her kidney function was found to be insufficient and her liver enlarged. She had to be euthanized mid January. This site leaves me wondering if I was slowly poisoning my dog with food that she didn't want to eat.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

We have fed this dog BB since 8 weeks old because my son researched it. He continually has ear issues, prostate issues, and had blood in stool, and now blood in urine. He has been getting treated regularly by a Vet, and after reading all these reviews, I am convinced it is this food! How dare they not address this issue with the public. How can we get this know public? Why doesn't a Network pick this up and follow through with this. Way too many animals are getting sick from this food. This is a shame. Blue Buffalo - you should be ashamed of yourself. Your advertising budget must be Huge. How about some research and answers! NOW.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

We have a 6 yr. labradoodle therapy dog. For at least two years we have been feeding him BB lamb/rice... chicken/rice. About 10 days ago, we purchased a new bag of dog food. For three days he walked to his dog dish and would not eat ANY of it. I tried putting little pieces of toast buried in the food, which he did pick out, but would not eat any of the dry dog food. Tried "hand feeding" absolutely would have NONE of it. This is a dog that was visiting patients in the hospital, and children in school during this period. Finally, I decided to turn to the internet and found this site. OMG!!! We feel so fortunate that the dog was smart enough to refuse this horrendous dog food. I took the bag back to the shop and they gave me my money back with the question "Was there anything wrong with it?" I told them to check this site. Thank you, thank you to everyone who took the time to write their experiences!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

I began using blue buffalo sensitive stomach several years ago for my golden retriever- research and the vet said it was a good choice. My dog faced bouts of explosive diarrhea and vomiting - after expensive tests and large pet insurance deductibles with diagnosis ranging from gastritis to pancreatitis, I finally went review hunting on blue and found this forum. I was horrified and felt like I was feeding my dog poison - switched immediately after painlessly reading labels and review etc ended up using grain-free merrick and he has had zero episodes since we are going on about six months or more now. Maybe BB was too rich not toxic. I really have no idea but I will never go back and I hope they take a look at these reviews and find out the source of illnesses for so many pets. I thank god my poor baby is better and I feel so bad for others on here who lost their furry friends or have an animal who is ill because of BB.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

I had been feeding my 3 cats Friskies and was told Blue Buffalo was really good for cats, so I decided to give it a try. Yesterday we had to take our boy cat to the vet because he had crystals in his bladder. After $500 of vet bills and medications, we went home and hoped he would urinate... but he couldn't. We spent a very painful night with him becoming more and more lethargic, drooling continuously, not eating or drinking and becoming more and more vacant in expression. This morning we rushed him back to the vet so that they could catheterize him and put him on an intra venial re-hydration. I was informed by the Vet that he had crystals in his bladder and a significant amount of blood.

At this point we are putting ourselves into debt with an additional vet bill that will be a minimum of $1,200.00. I'm terrified that I may lose my little furry son. I can't have children, so he's all I have. I can't believe that this company hasn't been sued! Why are they still allowed to sell this poison?! $60 of food.... may cost me the life of my furry son. I do not have the receipts but I can get verification from PetSmart of my purchases and from my bank.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

We have been using blue Buffalo doctrine over the past few years but just recently after buying a new bag of food, our dog starting getting very ill similarly to what many of the other complaints are regarding it. It's been going on for three weeks now because we didn't realize it was the food that was doing it, our dog was unable to hold down food and when he would throw out, it would be yellow and white. Took him to the Vet and he said that he had a bad bacterial infection and gave him and him antibiotics which seemed to help until we gave him this damn food again not realizing it was the issue.

Our dog (Golden Retriever) has lost about 7 pounds but at least we now have a course of action on what needs to be done to get him back to normal. Step one, taken off blue Buffalo dog food. Step two, make him realize that it's safe and they won't get sick anymore. Step three, get his weight back to what it normally is. Step four, get the smiling happy dog that we've always had. Thank you to everyone that has written in complaints, otherwise we would not have known that it was this was killing him.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

I wanted to give my 2 shih tzus good food. I switched to BB about 3 months ago and just today again one of my shih tzu has thrown up all her food again and seems like they do not like it. I will be switching tomorrow and returning this bag. Not sure what to give them now. I have a bad feeling about Blue Buffalo.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

Our dog is experiencing stomach issues. When we take him off of Blue Buffalo and go to rice and chicken, he seems fine. As soon as we start to mix in Blue Buffalo, the issues begin. Our vet alerted us to issues with the food. We had done parasite testing which came back negative. This has been very alarming to us.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

We started feeding our cats Blue Buffalo canned cat foods about a month or two ago. We changed over from Natural Balance because we thought it was a better quality brand. Boy, were ever wrong!! After switching to Blue Buffalo one of our cats, a Maine Coon who is three years old, developed litter box problems where he was straining to poop with little or nothing coming out. At first, we thought he may be constipated or have a large hairball, so we gave him Laxatone, which did absolutely nothing. Despite him eating, he was rapidly losing weight. I took him to the vet where they ran their battery of tests - blood work, urinalysis and a stool sample when he was able to get something out. All tests came back normal, but he was still having trouble in the litter box and when something did finally come out, it was watery diarrhea. He continued to lose weight and the vet suggested an x-ray and ultrasound.

The results came back with an enlarged lymph node in his belly and an extremely inflamed digestive tract. My neighbors, who have dogs, had told me that they stopped feeding the dogs Blue Buffalo because they heard of problems with Blue Buffalo. When I Googled for information on the matter, I came upon this website. I am stunned by the number of similar complaints with the GI tract. I have since switched my cats back to Natural Balance and my Maine Coon has seemed to become more lively and I am keeping an eye on his litter box activities. This morning it looked like there were some solids in there. I will never feed them this food again. My cat's problems all started when I switched to this brand!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

36 hrs. ago I gave 1/4 cup of Blue Buffalo (pink bag, Life Protection Formula from a 6 lb. bag) to my 13 yr old dog. She is 55 lbs. and has been vomiting ever since. She is nauseous and barely ate chicken this morning. I am thankful she is not dead. She is tender under her belly and has an appointment with the vet this afternoon. I got the bag from a friend whose Yorkie developed pancreatitis, had to have fluids, almost died, and is now on a strict diet. I never thought the dog food would be the cause since the vet said it was common for Yorkies to develop pancreatic issues. I did not give the food to my other two dogs because they have fish allergies, so I know it has to be this Blue Buffalo food.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

I have fed my pug BB for years. I recently purchased a new bag. After, he started getting very sick so I thought he had a stomach bug. Took him off and fed him a bland diet. Once he got better, I put him back on his food. Same illness returned and now I am reading all of you saying this is happening to your pets too. Time for a new food!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Well my dog has been on Blue Buffalo for his whole life which is a year and 8 month. So this month I got his food like normal. Well about 2 week ago he started not wanting to eat in the am but would eat at night, so I was not too worried. Well then he started throwing up and had poop that looked like slime. So we went to the vet last Friday and they said he has a stomach virus, sent home with antibiotics. Did great when I made him chicken and sweet potato, so Monday we started back with the dog food. Well Monday and all week throwing up and the same poop, so back to the vet today and after 375 dollars he now has a pancreas infection and 2 antibiotics. Not a happy mamma here, never again will I feed him this food!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I have read many reviews where owners are lashing out at the Blue Buffalo Pet Food company for associating their pets reaction solely to the "switch" from previously used pet food to the BB pet food. I really hope that most people that read these posts are not blind to catch very simple problems with these very amateur and emotional reactionary attacks. Dogs especially require a transition to a new food. Any sudden change will almost always cause a reaction of diarrhea or constipation, and it is always recommended that owners keep a portion of the old food to blend with any introduced food for a period of at least a few days to a week. Most veterinarians will tell you a mixture of approximately 25% old to new is fine, but if you could 50-50 blend then slowly ween back the old food until you are feeding 100% new is best - especially if already unhealthy.

Unlike humans where we would need to instantly change to a healthy diet or IV of vitamins to start seeing great results, a sudden change of a familiar food source could even cause anxiety in a time of an already weakened immune system. Good breeders often will package outgoing pups with a bag of what they've been eating to allow you a smoother transitional process, just as they required the colostrum from their mother's milk, but slowly were weened "transitionally" to a dry food before being sent to their forever homes. A few years ago when one our pups was young, we noticed it had a lack of appetite so we tried to transition to a few dog foods that I will refrain from mentioning. After noticing some lower energy levels and diarrhea from a couple of them after about a week or so, we decided to try the Blue food.

After the transition, we noticed a more alert, energetic dog with a puppy-like appetite and have been very happy with the food ever since. When the dog grew out of the puppy stage we had to transition to an adult food for large breeds, we moved to the Rocky Mountain Red Meat and our dogs love it. I would not say that Blue is the only food I would ever pick, as there are multiple 5-star foods out there, but once we found it and it worked for us, we have continued to feed our new pups the Blue food with great success. One extra thing I would add is that you should all be looking for a food company that provides food for your type of dog in the stage of life that it is in. If your dog will grow to be larger than 50 lbs., you should feed it large breed food from the beginning to the end and transition from large breed puppy food to large breed adult food and then on to large breed senior food.

This ensures things like extra glucosamine for joints for larger dogs, more fat in their diet for pups vs. adults who want to keep fit to avoid hip dysplasia and the like as they age. We do want the grain-free concept that BB foods offer, but also think about those all-stages foods from some companies that have great ingredients. Would you feed your toddler the same diet as your grandfather, or yourself, or your teenager? Somethings just make plain sense if you just realize pets aren't that much different than us except they used to be wild. If your pup was in the wild, he might dig up a potato, but he probably wouldn't grab an ear of corn from a stalk and let it dry out in the sun and start chomping on it (although for the most parts dogs will eat anything). Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I am not sure that it is Blue Buffalo causing these current symptoms. I recently purchased a yorkie. Everything has been fine with him until today January 28, 2015. When I came home from work, he was seizing and foaming at the mouth. He has been on Blue Buffalo for 3 weeks. The first can he ate, everything was fine. I purchased this new can last weekend and he didn't eat it as much. The vet said he has liver shunts, but after reading all these reviews I am anxious to see what happens the next few days after he is taken off of this food. If anyone else is experiencing something like this, please let me know. Again I am not accusing BB of anything at this time since we still have to rule out the liver shunts. My observation of my puppy is just starting to look similar to what I am reading here.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2015

My dog has bouts of gel-like diarrhea and lately gotten worse. I'm switching her food based on this post to see if there is an improvement. I'm very worried!

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information