1.94/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

My 7 yr old miniature dachshund was just very sick over the weekend vomiting and diarrhea. After taking her to the vet and every test came back ok, they said maybe it was something she ate. I am very careful to only feed my dog her regular food which has been BB chicken and rice for small breeds for like the last 3 yrs and dehydrated chicken breast that I make myself and that's it. The vet gave me some ID food for sensitive stomach and upon looking online to see if BB makes a food for sensitive stomach, I come across this website and was floored by all the reviews about BB!

I bought my last bag sometime before Christmas, my dog has been eating it but I will absolutely NOT be giving it to her again. When I called BB they have a recording that says all their food is from the US but something is not right when all these animals are getting sick at the same time. Coincidence - I think not. I am very sad bc it is hard to find a good quality dog food and I have been so pleased with them till now. I also let my vet know about all the complaints in case other patients come in with the same symptoms. So like all the others what are you gonna do about it BB!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

We got our chocolate lab puppy at 7 weeks old and Blue Buffalo Puppy food was recommended as a great brand. After feeding our little guy this for two months, he was still having horrible diarrhea, eventually containing blood in it, thus leading us to take an emergency trip to our vet. When asked what we were feeding him and upon revealing it was BB, our vet mentioned that she had seen many puppies who had been getting sick from the BB brand. She recommended immediately switching brands (suggesting the Science Diet). Upon doing so, we quickly noticed that this solved the diarrhea problem. However, yesterday we were running low on his Science Diet Food and Petsmart was already closed, so we decided to mix in a little of our leftover BB to give him the right serving amount (we put about a half of a cup of BB in with his other food).

We woke up at about 6am to our puppy gagging and dry-heaving, and eventually vomiting. He ended up throwing up about 3-4 times within 5 hours and has started having horrible diarrhea again. This led me to do some online research on the BB brand and discovered these awful reviews. We will never give him this brand again and advise anyone else to avoid doing so as well!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I began feeding my 10-year-old orange tabby Blue Buffalo about 6 months ago. I have noticed that he has been getting UTIs frequently since I put him on this brand. I never thought his food could have been the cause of his monthly UTIs considering I spend so much for this food! I just happen to be doing some research on why or what is causing my feline's "poo-poo" to smell soooo bad and came across all these issues pet owners are having with this food. I'm wondering if this could be the cause of my little guy's issues as well???? Either way, I will be returning this food.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I want to be fair with my complaint but back in December 2014 my Yorkie was on The Blue Buffalo due to I had changed his food about 6 months earlier because of allergies, and all of a sudden just started throwing up and diarrhea. He just continued to get worse. Took to the vet and he ask what kind of food I had him on and he said can't say for sure but lots of dogs had come in with the same the thing that was on the Blue Buffalo. If there is something wrong with the food and you know this, you should let the consumer know. I trusted you enough to try your food. It would be better to come clean now before helpless animals have to die! Now my baby has a liver problem maybe because of your food. I'm wondering if there are others out there with the same complaint.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I noticed the canned that I opened was not as full as usual and the food looked a little lighter and dry somewhat. I feed my dogs and they had diarrhea immediately after eating it. I thought it was one bad can. However, I went on to feed from other cans. It looked normal; some cans a little drier than others. My dogs still have diarrhea off and on. I decided to take the remaining cans back to PetSmart for a refund and change their food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I have two cats who were on Hills Science diet but switched to Blue W. because it was high in protein & supposed to be healthier for their coats. The first week was okay, by the second week I noticed one of my cats with extremely loose bowels, which is rare for her, going to change immediately!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

For almost 4 years my dog has been on blue buffalo grain free. Off and on throughout the years he has random spells of vomiting. After stomach xrays it is said he has acid reflux. Pepsid helped for a while until the beginning of this year. Couldn't keep a meal down. Yet he had lots of energy and wasn't lethargic. Normal self except couldn't keep food down. Back to the vet we go. More xrays and blood work. Still thickening of the stomach and everything else looks great. Blood work is great. So Vet thinks it is his valve in his throat that opens and his food comes back up. Started him on medication for that. Been 2 days on it and while it won't show improvement really yet he still has vomited what he has eaten. Including water.

I bought a bag of frozen raw dog food and amazingly he has kept it down. After doing some research on raw dog food and then Googling issues with blue buffalo I came across others issues. Basically I read a review that was the same situation as mine. Great blood work, irritated stomach. Don't know what else. I had to share my story as well. In the morning I am going to call the vet and inform him of my new findings with the buffalo reviews and my dogs reaction to switching his food. I may not need any medication for him if the food is the problem.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I have been feeding my two Australian Shepherds Blue Buffalo since the day I brought them home. They are now two years old. I have notices a lot of diarrhea and also blood in their (or one of theirs) stools on several different occasions. At first I thought like most people would that they must have gotten into something but I have nothing down low for them to get into and I thoroughly checked my garage where their beds are and found nothing out of the ordinary. I do not give them people food so that ruled that out.

I took them off blue for two week and they didn't seem to have the diarrhea anymore. Their stool was as it should be so it made me wonder what was going on.

My dogs are wired and always ready to go but there has also been times when they seemed lethargic and that made absolutely no sense. After the two weeks I started easing them back on to the Blue Buffalo food and once they were back on it they started with the diarrhea.

I have five bags of Blue Buffalo sitting on account at my local pet store and have now changed everything over to Nutri Source. I have had absolutely no problems at all. (It is made in the USA.) Anything I give my dogs needs to be made in the USA or I don't buy it. I will also be switching my cat food just to be on the safe side as it is Blue Buffalo brand too. As with millions of people my dogs are like my family and I want them around for as long as I can have them. To lose one to a dog food problem or accrue vet bills because of it is not acceptable.

Blue is made in the USA but it is my understanding that it is now being out-sourced to China. That could be the problem. I am disappointed in the product after purchasing it for four dogs. Purchased for my two big dogs and my daughter's two small dogs. It is sad that you trust in something that is made in the USA only to find out there is problems with it and it has affected many many people.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

We have a 4-year old Pomeranian (Kobe) that has been on a diet of NuTru for years until I had the bright idea of trying Blue Buffalo after reading the label and thinking it sounded like a very healthy dog food. We are stationed in the UK and our BX started carrying BB recently. We transitioned him (tried) with a mix of NuTru/BB but he only picked out the new BB and seemed to love it. We went on a trip about a week or so later and sent Kobe to the kennel. We came home and the kennel said he was having bad diarrhea which was unlike Kobe, so they took him off the food and fed him their brand and he was fine.

I thought it was because we transitioned him too quickly so we tried again. Kobe got pretty sick the other night - fever and lethargic plus loose stools. He didn't eat for a day and when he got up the next morning was feeling better. Last night he seemed back to himself and ate his food (BB) and we went to bed. This morning he has been soooo sick - fever, shakes, lethargic, no interest in eating. I did get him to drink some water. I immediately started researching reviews on BB and have read non-stop scary happenings.

We are taking back all unopened bags of treats and dumping the BB food!! I am now cooking rice and chicken to hopefully get Kobe feeling better. To think we are trying to take extra special care of our little family members just to have a company destroy them is ridiculous! I will be letting the Air Force personnel know NOT to purchase this food again and hopefully get it pulled from our shelves!!! SICK.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I changed my dog food because I thought it was best quality for her. After 3 weeks she had bloody diarrhea and her face got swollen and was bleeding :( really lethargic and she lost tons of weight. She couldn’t even stand, she had chronic diarrhea. She would poop on her kennel and around the house like 7 times a day. I read the comments and felt really guilty. I bought bill-jac again and the diarrhea stop after a day. However, the face still really swollen and bleeds. Please, if you love your dog give her something else not this junk! It almost kill my baby. She is a pug, 2 years old, no problems at all before that junk food! The food I was giving her was wet food.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I have been feeding Blue Buffalo Wilderness mixed with a little of BBQ wet food to my poodle for years. He is a good eater and very rarely has any digestive problems. In the last several months, he has been having loose mucus stools and looks lethargic. I noticed this with specific cans of wet food. I wonder if I can take it back to PetSmart. I am very disappointed and concerned. Will need to find alternatives.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

My brother's dog is a black Lab about 1 1/2 years old, he has been feeding him Blue since he was a puppy and his stools have never been normal. They have always been soft or runny for about most of this past year. The dog has been not eating his food as much and has had a rash on his belly and a red bum on and off and my brother thought rash may have been a fluke. The vet gave him meds and it got better, so about a few months ago he switched him to Blue Wilderness because he began to not eat any meals and same thing, soft stools or runny and now his rash is getting worse and not going away - so back to the vet.

He goes gets more meds and a prescription diet. He seems to be feeling better but now the meds are making him vomit. The vet said nothing about Blue being bad for him, just that "maybe " he was allergic. Never took blood tests or anything to see if anything serious was wrong! I will never recommend BLUE Buffalo to any one and after reading all these helpful reviews actions need to be taken against Blue Buffalo so no more pets get sick and or die from that horrible food!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

I have two Newfies, just under a year old. I have been trying to find them a dog food they actually like. I recently switched them to Blue Wilderness for large breed puppies. We are to the end of our first bag. One dog has recently been gagging and throwing up small amounts routinely and the other one only eats half the time and just recently started stooling in the house. He hasn't done this since he was little. Thanks to reading these posts, we are now done with Blue Wilderness before things get any worse. And like my daughter wants to know.... What are those little black balls in the food anyway??? Will let you know how things go after the food change.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

I got my Shih Tzu in Sept. She was 12 weeks old, and she was on a high quality puppy food that isn't available where I live. So in my search to find her a compatible food I got blue buffalo puppy dry dog food. Since she was brand new to me I wasn't sure if the bloody stools were from a switch in food, a switch in home, or the loss of her family so quickly. So we waited for a couple of weeks and when it was time to take her back for her shots the vet took a sample for testing and couldn't find anything. A few weeks later it got worse, not satisfied with the vet I took her to another vet with an entire sample. Again she was tested and nothing was found. The vet put her on a treatment for coccacidia, which helped slightly and told us to try switching from puppy food to the sensitive formula. That hasn't helped.

About a month ago she’s swollen a sharp object that had to be surgically removed (she's a brave one, right). Her vet gave us the hills diet soft canned food for a week and Cookies stool was instantly better. Thinking it was the soft versus dry I got some softer foods to mix with her regular BB. But again her stools started to become loose. During this entire time she would wake up every 2-3 hours a night to go outside. We've had to have the carpets cleaned. It's been...gross. Finally it occurred to me to look at the food and read reviews. All the reviews I found sounded just like Cookie. So I bought the hills science dry dog food about 3 days ago. I didn't switch her slowly because she wasn't really eating the BB anyway. She is a completely different puppy. She's more energetic; she's sleeping through the night. We've had 0 accidents and totally solid dumps. Never thought I'd be happy to see doggy poo. DO NOT USE BLUE BUFFALO!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

Let me start with saying, I NEVER change my dog's food unless it's going from Puppy to Adult within the same brand. I'd never had dogs have an actual issue with any dog food before, until I got my new rescue back in February 2014. Milo, who's a lab/coonhound mix. We got him and he had been on the streets for a while, and was severely underweight. When we got him he was about 63 lbs and needed to be around 85, and top out at 100 by the end of the year for a healthy weight. We took him to the vet, as per my Rescue Shelter ordered, and he had the obvious issues of not eating healthy at all and so he had loose stool and stomach upset. Not a big deal.

We tried Blue Buffalo out and he reacted terribly. He couldn't stop going outside in the middle of the night, and we attributed that to being new and not being quite so house-trained. Then when this continued a week after we got him, he was still gassy with loose stool, so we decided to switch up his food. He was on that for a LONG time (all the while throughout the year, we found out he had a food allergy to chicken) until about two weeks ago (right around New Year's), and coaxing him into eating was a struggle. My vet said he's probably being picky and wants a new food brand, fair enough because he was in perfect health and I couldn't keep giving him sugar-filled yogurt to make him eat his dog food.

So I decided BB might be a good alternative, again, attributing his previous upset to his allergy to chicken. So instead I got Lamb and Brown Rice. He finally ate, thank goodness, and not even a few hours later, he's drinking more water, having terrible gas, and looking miserable. Now he's having loose stool and I can't switch him back for another week on my next check. This is incredibly RIDICULOUS. How can a brand of food not care about what they're putting into our pets? I guarantee if anyone at this company has a pet, they aren't feeding them BB. Wish I'd known sooner and now reading the reviews and learning they've outsourced to China. All in all will NEVER buy this brand again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

I adopted a dog several years ago from a shelter. I have been feeding him only Blue Buffalo. Several months ago he developed chronic diarrhea and had a continually rumbling stomach & gas. After trips to the vet, medicines that didn't completely solve the problem, and a bland diet that would work only until he got his regular food again, 2 weeks ago I changed his food and threw away all of the BB (I am serving Darwin now). He has had no more problems. I doubt if the new food is a miracle, I think BB was making him sick.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

WARNING: My dog recently became ill after eating Blue Buffalo Dog Food. She is a 8-year-old Standard Poodle. She has been on Blue for a year without incident. On December 26th, I purchased a new bag of Blue Buffalo. She became ill, started throwing up, panting heavily (over 90 times per minute). A trip to the Emergency ER showed a dog is distress. They gave her something to calm her down but it didn't work. Blood work came back negative. X-Rays showed an inflamed digestive system. Stool samples came back negative for worms, parasites. We immediately took her off of everything. We are gradually introducing chicken. I still have the bags of food and want to get them tested. Can anyone recommend some place I can send? The dog did NOT digest anything except Blue Buffalo during this time. I am concerned that the food is tainted. I have filed a complaint with Blue Buffalo but have not heard back from them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

We had our year old German Shepherd on Blue Buffalo grain free for 6 months. She seemed fine at first, liked the food and her coat looked great. Then her breath got unbearable, it was worse than anything we had dealt with. She is young, healthy, great teeth so no mouth related issues. Then last week, she was so sick, couldn't keep anything down, not even a lick of water. We brought her to our vet, they did X-Rays that showed her intestines so swollen, they sent us to the emergency vet because they thought she had something blocking her intestine. The emergency vet did an ultrasound to plan for the surgery. They found in fact she had not swallowed anything but that she was so swollen with gas that she had an infection. $1200 later it was suggested we take her off BB right away, her breath is already better, and we are slowly introducing her to a new kibble!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

We lost our It. greyhound Carmella July 2014, she was 16 years. She died of old age and complications. She was a rescue and much loved. In August we adopted another little It. greyhound rescue, Tara. Age 5. Third week into October we changed her food over to Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula. Things started out okay but went downhill. Thinking she was being picky and just not eating, we tried adding broth to her food. That seemed to help but matters still went downhill. Tara had bouts of diarrhea and vomiting. I changed her over to a boiled hamburger and rice diet. I called the vet and Tara was given Cerenia for the vomiting.

Nov. 3 Marengo Vet - Taken to vet w/ vomiting. Penicillin given, sub q fluids, meds, lab work. Blood work checked, lepto checked for, everything negative. Nov. 3 p.m. Back to vet for x-rays, barium study, looking for blockage, foreign body.. Nov. 4 Barium study showed no blockage, no foreign body. Nov. 6 Tara doing better. Called her foster parents group - no prior stomach issues with them or previous owner. CONTACTED BLUE BUFFALO. Asked if there was any problem with this food. Was told no. No recall? No. Any GMOs in it? No. What quality chicken is in it? Couldn't say it was human grade chicken (or close to that) but it was quality chicken... The woman took the lot number, exp. date and the rest of the information they needed. Told her why I needed to know.

Tara was kept on hamburger and rice for awhile and because there was no reason not to believe this woman she was put back on Blue Buffalo food. Repeat of vomiting and diarrhea, sleeping a lot. Fast forward to Thanksgiving. There is just way too much information to put in here and I'm tired of it. Nov. 27 Tara taken to ER Vet vomiting, diarrhea, sleeping. I was worried she was getting dehydrated and we took her in. While there she threw up Two times a gold, very foul smelling vomit, and then the blood. She was in my arms when she threw the blood up and it hit the floor, white mucus was stuck on my sweater. She had radiographs, cPLSnap Test IV Fluids, Comprehensive Chem, CBC, Electrolytes...

Came Home From the ER Veterinarian Hospital And Googled Blue Buffalo Dog Food and Digestive Problems and right there in front of me was the truth. The Dirt. The lie that could have taken the life of my dog. The lie that has consumed three months of my disability checks that I don't have. The ER hospital doesn't have a payment plan. Because I am disabled all these bills had to go on plastic. $3400 plus in debt because of a cover up. The next day was not any better when I had to take her for an ultrasound in a different town with a different vet. When asked what I thought was the problem and I stated the food, I was told that

I couldn't possibly know that. Twice I was told this. I finally said send the report to my vet and left.

Dec 1 Vet. Dec 3 Vet. Dec. 4 Endoscopy Inflammation in stomach poss. IBD Holding off of steroids... Tara is doing better. She still has off days and she is still seeing a vet. She is seeing a holistic vet in McHenry, eating a special pureed home cooked diet and is still being checked on by a vet from the ER animal hospital. January 8th Tara is in bed, she hasn't eaten yet today. Her stomach is making noises. I don't know what the future holds. I am so sorry for all the people out there who have lost their very, very much loved cats and dogs, kittens and puppies. There is nothing closer to us on this earth than our pets... I would really like to believe this was just an honest mistake, an oversight perhaps, but it wasn't. It was "business" from what I read on the Wilbur-Ellis report. It was not telling me what I needed to know when I called looking for help when my dog became ill.

How does one go home and go to sleep at night knowing the information they are giving out is going to cause harm? And to find out tonight that BB is now made in China? Mars is going to buy out Blue Buffalo? For me and my dog it's home cooking. I wouldn't trust another pet food company unless I could walk in their kitchen. There was just a pet food study done by Truth about Pet Food. It was paid for by consumers and pulled off the internet. There was a woman who tried to trash it. I know why. Let's see if my comment on this remains. Last remark? Where is our FDA?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted their animals systems while eating Blue Buffalo. I only came online to see if the food might have been recalled or something. I have 3 dogs and 1 cat all with similar symptoms as the others who have posted. I have been feeding my animals this food for about the last 3 years with no problems. Last month I purchased new bags for both the cat and dogs. The cat will be going to the vet tonight because she is lost a drastic amount of weight and is crying when going to the litter box. Last night she also started vomiting. Three of my dogs have diarrhea and vomiting and the other is vomiting and scratching her skin constantly. No more Blue for our household.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

My 16-year old dog was diagnosed with kidney failure and died two days later. The more I thought about it I started investigating Blue Buffalo dog food. Its main ingredient is Chicken and one post said that they source their chicken from China. I do not know if this is true as I am still investigating but if it is true I know now what caused her kidney failure. Emily was eating Blue Buffalo for years but this last batch she just wouldn't eat and I'm not sure if it was because she knew it was bad or because of the kidney issue. I should have listened to her.

My cats have quit eating it too. I mix Science Diet Hair Ball with Blue Buffalo and they now only eat the Science Diet and spit out the BB. I've also read where BB was acquired by Mars so maybe Mars decided to source to China?? I thought that changing her food to BB because real chicken was the main ingredient was a good thing. It seems we have to be constantly monitoring the company's source and if our pets turn their nose to it all of a sudden - we should listen.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I had purchased Blue Buffalo dog food adult for my two boxers, about 2 months ago (November of 2014). After about a month my 3-year old female became incontinent. She would leak urine after her walk for about 1/2 hour. After 2 urine tests and an ultrasound my vet suggested Proin, she has been on it for 3 weeks and 90% effective. She has also been vomiting and urinating in the house prior to Proin. My male age 10 has always been very healthy and blood work done every 6 to 8 months. Before Christmas he started urinating while sleeping and drinking bowls of water. Had urine test, his protein was high also Crystals in the sample, he is now on antibiotics. He has also been lethargic, which he never was.

It was a massive mistake and expensive one changing their diet, they are back on Royal Canin! Blue buffalo needs to have recall on ALL their food, and look in to reimbursing customers with valid complaints if their pets were healthy prior, mine were. I am going to take my 3 yr. female off Proin in about a month from now, to see if BB was the cause! Will update at that time.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

I personally have done enough research on this subject that I do NOT trust USA foods for this very reason! I am dog sitting 2 beautiful Rottweilers while their father is away for 10 months in the Navy. Izzie was 6 years old and stopped eating her food, throwing up and loose stool as well. I took her to the vet and she had kidney failure. We tried IVs and boiled chicken. My vet thought flushing her system may help, nothing did. She passed away at 6 years old from Kidney failure. Her food was Blue B as well as all her treats (chicken-Orange bag). One week before Thanksgiving we had to let her go. Her companion survived because he was 80 lbs heavier than her. He had loose stool also and didn't really like eating this last bag of food. I switched to a Canadian Company that I trust with my animals. Their father believes in the USA that's why he's in the Navy and he trusted this company that they were honest and actually making good dog food. BB has been accused of getting parts of their ingredients from China. What is WRONG with these companies?! You're killing our babies!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

We had our dogs on this food for about a year. Everything was fine and all of a sudden they both got very sick with diarrhea and vomiting. The vet gave meds and told us to give them a chicken & rice diet. They started to get better in which the vet had us slowly add the kibble back in with the chicken & rice. We went through this several times buts the dogs still got sick as we added the food back in. Finally we took them off. At the time they were starting to get sick, we were also giving them treats from Canyon Creek sold at PetSmart which were recalled and totally taken off the shelves for good and never came back. The reviews on both Blue Buffalo and these treats are horrific. Dogs becoming very sick and some even dying.

One of my dogs has been sick on and off and right now we are at a good point where she hasn't had any diarrhea in a while but she is itchy a lot so she will have to eventually go back to the vet. My other dog is a Great Pyrenees, he at one point was at 120lbs. He is now down to 95lbs and is in bad shape. He's had two separate blood tests and everything seems ok ($600 later) and now we have him scheduled for an ultrasound in hopes they can find out what is going on. We are dumbfounded that both of our dogs still have problems. It's been almost 2 years since they were on Blue and we can't believe they are still having problems. Is there anyone else out there with the same situation that their dogs are still seeming to have effects from being on BLUE YEARS AGO?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

After years of buying cheaper dog food I figured hey why not try a more expensive dog food for my pup. I asked around and started reading packages. I was told about blue buffalo and liked the nutritional benefits of blue buffalo. I slowly introduced her to the new food and now the bowl is always empty, her coat is shiny and thick, and her weight is better. Lots of different flavors and she loves the treats. It is pricey but she is a part of the family. We will never switch and I tell everyone that I love the brand.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I decided to change my dogs diet to Blue Buffalo about 3 weeks ago as I do not want to feed them the same food from the same company just in case it is later found out that a particular food has a problem with it. About a week before Christmas I started giving both my schnauzer mix dogs half blue buffalo and half their regular food. On December 27, we woke up to a huge mess. One of my dogs had thrown-up many times as well as defecated in many areas of the house.

We had to throw out all our rugs and have the couch cleaned. I thought maybe she had gotten into something outside although she is always on a leash and always with me. Perhaps she had ingested something from the holiday? After 24 hours of no food or water she bounced back. I gave her rice and hamburg for a day or so and then returned her to her old food- no blue buffalo. Three days ago I started to reintroduce the Blue Buffalo to the dogs; half their old food half the Blue.

Today, January 8th, I came home to another disaster. Throw-up and feces in many areas of the house. This time my dog is also very quiet. Poor baby. I have no proof it is the Blue Buffalo that made her sick but it sure looks like it is. I would hope that a dog food company who sells their product for the amount Blue Buffalo does would be up front with its consumers. I will never give my dogs this product again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I recently lost my 14 yr old cocker spaniel who was allergic to everything. I'd been feeding him and my 12 yr old Schipperke a custom diet because of his allergies. When he passed I slowly introduced my Schipp (who has an iron stomach and no allergies) to BB senior. I have fed BB in the past and they always hated the little black balls, but I forgot about that until I opened the bag. My schipp developed loose stool and vomited in the middle of the night shortly after I changed her food. This dog has thrown up maybe three times in 12 years. No more BB ever!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I have a 1 year old white Siberian Husky with a sensitive stomach. Like other people, I was talked into this food at Petsmart by the Blue Buffalo Salesperson. Huge difference from the first bag to the second. The first bag, she had no problem with. This last bag is horrible, hardly any big pieces and all little black specks that she won't eat. She had pretty much stopped eating, had diarrhea, itching and just wasn't right. Thank God my daughter in law has dogs and looked it up. We found out they are now making it in China. No way it can be the same and it made her sick for weeks. We switched to a new food made in America and she ate it all right away. I think they should HAVE to let people know when they change food like that! I will never buy this food again and will tell everyone I know not to buy it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

My ten-year-old lab has been eating Blue Buffalo dog food for most of his life. At the time I discovered he had food allergies, I was relieved to discover BB food that contained none of the ingredients he was allergic to. I was so satisfied, I recommended it to several people looking for a good food for their dog. Then, yesterday I read several of the reviews on this site while trying to find a Blue Buffalo dog treat. What several of these reviews have described is exactly what my dog has been experiencing for the past few weeks. Once a day, he will throw up a small amount of yellowish bile that looks as though he has eaten a raw egg. As I continued reading, I became convinced that the BB food (lamb and brown rice) was the culprit. Most dismaying was reading the review that mentioned that BB food is now made in China. I didn't need to read anything else. I'm done. It may not be important to Blue Buffalo to lose one customer, but I will NOT give this food to my dog any longer. He is changing dog food immediately.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

When I adopted my Chihuahua mix the rescue group recommended Blue Buffalo. Ever since I brought her home I fed her BB puppy wet food along with dry food. She always seemed to have soft stools but nothing too major. She would have random bouts of diarrhea but I thought it was just something she got into etc. Then last month I bought her a bag of the dry "basics". She did not want to eat it and would turn her nose up to it. Then she started having severe bloody diarrhea. Lots of tests at the vet including checking for parasites, worms, etc. - everything was normal. They put her on a prescription diet (I/D), a probiotic and an antibiotic. She recovered quickly.

One week later I started her back on the BB and all the symptoms came back. She had severe diarrhea and then she also started vomiting yellow bile and foaming at the mouth. I immediately took her off the food and she has not been sick since. I have put her on the I/D prescription diet along with boiled chicken and rice - as after going through all this I am scared of giving her any other dog food. It’s so upsetting especially since I was giving her BB because I was under the impression this was a really good product and want the best for my girl. I would NOT recommend that anyone give this poison to their dog and I am very upset that after all these complaints that It has not been recalled!

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information