2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

4.0/5 (1674 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Blue Buffalo is a manufacturer of dog and cat foods. Ingredients include high-quality meats, fruits, vegetables, cheese, eggs, fish oil, barley, rye, fava beans, vitamins and mineral supplements. Products are available on the company’s website and through other retailers.

Pros

• No filler ingredients
  • Wide selection of food and treats
  • Vitamins and mineral supplements

Cons

• Brand has had recalls
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Blue Buffalo uses high-quality ingredients for its pet food. The company doesn’t use animal byproducts, and it adds vitamins and minerals to provide a balanced diet. There's a range of options for pets of all ages and needs.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: July 14, 2020

My cats love Blue Buffalo and it is very healthy for them. They vomit and get diarrhea when they eat other brands of food. They seem to love the taste and come running when they hear me messing with their food. They eat every scrap of it. I will keep them on this food forever.

Original review: July 13, 2020

My three cats love love love this cat food! Their favorite is Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon. Their fur coats are so soft and shiny. No problems with dry, flaky or itching skin. No rashes. Good energy levels. No digestive issues. No nausea or vomiting.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I spent about 30 minutes in store comparing ingredients. Blue Buffalo looked like the best from what packaging stated. Bought them for training a puppy. Made puppy sick and diarrhea. Bad choice, threw out.

Original review: July 8, 2020

We had heard a lot of great things about this brand, so the night before we went to the shelter to choose a cat, we bought it (and other supplies) so we'd be ready. While my cat ate it just fine (he eats pretty much everything), this food gave him the smelliest poops ever. We had the litter box in the mud room, but you could smell it all over the first floor. It was really embarrassing when we had guests. I talked to a friend who is a typical crazy cat lady, with 7 cats. I said I'd never had this issue with cats I'd owned in the past. She said switch foods--the problem was the food. We switched, and have since switched several times, and never had the smelly poop issue again.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Like with any pet food, and the type of pet food, whether dry or canned, Blue Buffalo has good, better, and best foods - I am primarily writing about the canned "kitten" foods that they provide - the kitten salmon canned is of a better version of canned foods, for ingredients and better quality control over its ingredients than some of the other foods that the company produces. The chicken kitten formula in the cans my kitties did not like, but the salmon seemed to be overwhelmingly in its favor for quite a while. :)

Original review: July 5, 2020

I usually buy the sensitive stomach for my very fluffy boy. Because he is a long haired cat he often coughs up hairballs and when he was eating a different brand of cat food he was also coughing up most of his kibble. Since we have changed to the Blue Buffalo sensitive stomach he does not cough up his kibble anymore and his hairballs are less frequent. I think he will always have some hairballs no matter what. I would recommend this brand for owners of long haired cats.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I purchased this brand of cat food because when my kitten was little she would bloat and seemed a little irritable. At first she backed away from it so I put a little water on it and she ate it and had eaten it for the rest of her life. I was pleased that she lived a happy and long life and I thank Blue Buffalo for that.

Original review: July 3, 2020

One of my four cats decided that Blue Buffalo cat food was her only choice and went on a food strike when her food was switched. Once I figured it out, we switched back and she was much better. She just passed away at 19 years old. The other cats still eat this food.

Original review: July 2, 2020

My two cats have been eating Blue Buffalo grain free chicken wet food for as long as I can remember. They meow for it every day. I keep a plentiful number of cans in my pantry so that I never run out of their favorite food.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I bought these health treats for my pet Gizmo. He started having vomiting and we took him to our vet and after having a blood transfusion and meds he passed away. These are similar problems others have reported and I wish we would have research these products before giving him these treats. This will be my biggest regret.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information