1.97/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I have only fed Blue Buffalo to my two Heelers, thinking it was the quality dog food they deserved. My old dog recently died at 15 yrs., but my four year old has been nauseous off and on for three years. The dog tries to eat my house plants or snow, trying to find anything to settle her stomach. I was curious if it could be the Blue Buffalo dog food and SURPRISE there are only one star reviews for this dog food. I will change brands tomorrow!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

As my dogs are both getting older, I started looking for a good senior dog food for my Yorkie and German shepherd/chow mix. I liked the idea of this food, because it was convenient to just pick it up at WalMart, instead of driving further to my PetSmart (20 miles away). It also looked like it had quality ingredients and with that price, how could I go wrong? Right? No, this food has made both of my dogs very sick with diarrhea and lethargy. My bigger dog has always had a sensitive stomach, so when he started with loose stools, I figured this was just another bout with poop problems, but when my yorkie (who has a cast iron stomach) started getting sick, I started questioning everything. I would have never thought it was this high dollar dog food.

I gave them pectin and they would get better, combined with my mixture of real chicken and real brown rice, I make when they are sick, BUT when I thought they were over the hump, I would reintroduce this Blue Buffalo dogfood and my nightmare would start all over again. You can look at these dogs and see they do not feel well.

After another mountain of dog poo this morning, I started looking up reviews here online and saw that most here were experiencing exactly what I was experiencing. I cleaned up the mess, sprayed the freshener and tossed the remainder of this dogfood into the dumpster. A co-worker told me "I would have taken the rest of that food", and I told him I wouldn't put that curse on anyone's dog. I will nurse them back to health with my chicken and rice, and then reintroduce to a quality food like Eukanuba or Science Diet.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

My Cocker Spaniel and Morkie, changed their food to Blue Little Bites, thinking it was high quality...but, after a few days, they would not eat, and had loose stools and tummy distress! Just threw away that food, spent money at vet's to put on special diet and medication. I see many other reports on this food. Wish I would have read this before my two girls got so sick!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

We have always bought Blue Buffalo for our three dogs and up until the last bag we bought everything has been perfect. Our dogs ate it for three days before the vomiting and refusal to eat started. Luckily no diarrhea but I could audibly hear my dogs GI tract making noise from the other room. I was about to head to the vet and start bloodwork and tests but good thing I checked the reviews on Amazon cause I would have wasted my money, switched food and all is well now. Bottom line something has changed and they are not telling us and it is poisoning and even killing some dogs. We will never buy this brand again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I adopted my sweet lab at the SPCA 8 months old. We tried BB for him because it seemed healthier than other foods. Immediately we were struck with diarrhea all over the carpet and frequent potty breaks for him. I figured "okay, he is just adjusting to the house and the food." No. Buyer. Beware. Blue Buffalo is not telling us something. I have read awful reviews and good ones. The good ones are for dogs that get a lot of exercise, are not sensitive, and owners that do not pay attention to their pet. No animal could possibly be healthy after consuming this food.

My poor baby began vomiting days ago and has vomited 10-15 times a day for two days in a row. This is not okay. I am going to sue if my pup is not okay. I am so worried, discouraged, and upset with MYSELF for not researching. He also refuses to eat ANYTHING at all. My advice for those that are in my situation? Get off Blue. Immediately. Get some plain brown rice and chicken breast in a bowl for them after giving them 24 hours with no food and be sure they stay hydrated. You can ensure they are not deadly sick by looking at their gums and being sure they are PINK, not white. Touch their gum with your finger and be sure a white spot appears after your finger leaves their gum to ensure they are healthy. Plain chicken broth is great for hydration, check to make sure there is not too much or any, if possible, sodium. The goal here is to inform others that this food is NOT good for any animal. DO NOT BUY BLUE BUFFALO. IT IS DEADLY FOR SOME.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I started my 6 year beagle who is a recent adoptee on their can food of different varieties. But hauling 31 cans from the food store got to be burdensome. So when I switch to dry food Life Protection Formula, she soon started to drink more water and urinating on my floors which did not happen when she was on can food. So I switched back to can food and the urine problem stopped and she is drinking less water.

I do believe that Quality Control is not being performed by this company because they have 5 other companies making their food for them. This is also stated on their can food. So this means Blue Buffalo cannot control where these other companies source their ingredients. So even though my beagle is doing better on can food, I do not trust this company and will switch again to another brand because they will not or can not tell us where these other companies acquire their ingredients.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I started my yorkie on their small bites and he is currently at the vet for 48 hours with pancreatitis. Hoping he will be ok and dreading the massive bill for all the labs and IV fluids and care he’s getting. Nothing else has changed in his life. I can’t swear it’s Blue Buffalo but I’ve talked to others who’ve had this happen.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

After being giving a supposed "good pet food" to my dog, sadly she died. I tried my best to give her the "best food" possible, and I made a BIG mistake with this company. I'm very disappointed and very sad. The vet said it could be a toxicity. That's the only food I gave to my dog. I'm very sad.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

So I was told by a guy in Pet Smart to try Blue Buffalo and told me it was a good dog food. After 2 months my pitty stopped eating the food so just 2 days ago I went to work, worked a 8 hr shift and she hadn’t touched her food. I thought that was strange being that she’s greedy only for her to get off the sofa and fall out and peed while laying on the floor. It’s like she couldn’t move her back legs. It scared the heck outta me only for her to have 2 more episodes of that. At that point I took her to the vet. They told me that she wasn’t getting enough oxygen to her brain. I couldn’t even accept that the vet gave me a can food to try her on and she ate it with no problem. She seem to be feeling a lil better. I’m convinced it’s something that’s in that food making my dog sick. I paid $56 for a bag of food just to throw it away!! I just hope she gets back to herself soon.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

After switching my cat to BB for a few months he was no longer the zen Buddha cat I knew. He suddenly followed me everywhere meowing all the time. He'd beg for food whenever we were eating, he'd wake us up at strange hours and want us to feed him when there was still food left in his bowl. He became frail and thin. I thought it was just him aging but I felt something tell me that it was the food. After I switched him back to his original food he completely changed. He was calm and cuddly again. He went back to being the lazy, floofy, Buddha kitty I knew and went back to his healthy weight. Had I not figured out it was the food that was causing the problem I fear he may have starved. What is in BB?!

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information