2.30/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

1921 Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

We recently purchased on 2 separate occasions Life Protection 38lb bag from Sam's Club. The 1st go around we had all 5 dogs each one different purebred breeds get sick. It took a week to get everyone back to normal. We then went on vacation and my mother-in-law purchased the same food from Sam's Club because she thought this is what we were feeding our dogs and sure enough everyone became violently ill including her chow she brought over to stay with our dogs. Buyer Beware. There is something we aren't being told and it all comes down to great marketing by the company. Purchased Wellness brand and no problems whatsoever.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I was using this brand for two years for my hedgehogs, specifically the Blue Wilderness Indoor Chicken cat food. My hedgehogs' stools were heavily stinky and often runny. I noticed my two year old Peanbean started to walk funny but not like wobbly hedgehog syndrome. Like a tumor had formed in her and it was hindering her non-stable. I switched her off the food and as well as Audo and the stools got better and the hedgehogs looked a lot more happier. But unfortunately for Peaner her tumor got too bad and she began hurting herself and had to be put down. I will never recommend this food to anyone.

Original review: July 16, 2019

For the last 7 years our 10 year old Doberman has eaten Blue Buffalo dry food exclusively. In early May she suddenly started having bouts with severe diarrhea. After a number of tests and ultrasound which all were normal we started her on a different food suggested by our veterinarian. After 48 her bowel movements were back to normal. I am sorry to say that we will not be using Blue Buffalo again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Are used to have my dog exclusively on Blue Buffalo as well as the Blue Buffalo training treats. About six months ago I heard about the problems that the dogs were having so I went to rice and chicken but on Friday I had a put my baby down. He had cancer of the stomach and when I told the doctor that I was feeding him Blue Buffalo and recently took him off he said that that could have been the issue. Blue Buffalo I know my dog was an elderly dog but he had was full of life and if you would’ve so such a bad products you should’ve been more cautious because you calls me my dog and you calls my dog his life.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Our Newfoundland and Border Collie have been on Blue Buffalo the majority of their lives and we've never had a problem. That is, until about two months ago when my Border Collie began having unexplained diarrhea off and on. As they're both active dogs that go on lots of hikes and love to swim, when the Border Collie began having sustained, uncontrolled diarrhea and vomiting, I guessed it was Giardia or some other waterborne bug. Both dogs began exhibiting severe symptoms (i.e. diarrhea everywhere) so I took them to the vet, pulled them off the dog food, and put them on a diet of boiled chicken and rice.

All tests for Giardia came back negative -- but after two weeks on a purely boiled chicken and rice diet, they stabilized and seemed right as rain. Still guessing it was an environmental bug, I placed them back on the Blue Buffalo dog food. Not two weeks later the Newfoundland again is having uncontrolled diarrhea. We will not be feeding our dogs Blue Buffalo again. Dog food was purchased through Amazon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had to get my dog weight loss food a few months back and this product was recommended to me. The has already lost 10 pounds! (He is 80 pounds.) He not only is losing weight but he LOVES the food. Great product!

Original review: July 3, 2019

We wanted to switch from Rachael Ray Nutrish to Blue Buffalo to give the dogs some variety. This was hands down the worst mistake we’ve ever made as dog owners. After about 5 days of the dogs going to town on this brand they were suddenly struck with SEVERE GI issues. Keep in mind, I have never written a review on anything in my life, but I wanted to save everyone their sanity. Our dogs are 100% potty trained and annoy the heck out of you when they need to be let out. These poor dogs couldn’t make it to the back door to go outside for 3 days. My entire hallway, kitchen, living room and back door area were literally SPRAYED in diarrhea and vomit. Imagine having an 8 month old baby at home learning to crawl and scoot and both of his best friends are seemingly dying from GI issues.

We had no idea what was going on until yesterday I realized “crap, I hope this isn’t their new food”. I immediately put it on the counter. Ran out, got a couple servings of wet food and a small bag of Rachael Ray, just to see if they could tolerate anything after 3 days of constant emptying of their bowels. They slowly started eating it and have only had one accident since then and have now had a formed BM. Do. Not. Buy. This.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I've always purchased Blue brand dog dry food and never I have encountered issues until now. My 8 year old Shih-Tzu is being plagued with constant diarrhea, vomiting, uneasy stomach, and trouble sleeping in his bed due to all the symptoms mentioned before. I give him only this dry food and I have no doubt this is causing my poor little dog to suffer. I stopped giving him the food after 1 week of this and now he seems to be relieving certain symptoms, still with diarrhea but the vomiting stopped. If you too are encountering this same issue please make sure to report to the FDA and Blue Buffalo pet nutrition/care hotline.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have raised a golden retriever and feed him bil-jac for 17 years until he passed. He was never sick, acted like a puppy 'til the day he died. We decided to get a new dog, a standard poodle my husband baby which he wanted to give her the best possible food. The breeder was feeding her Blue Buffalo so we decided to try it rather he did. I always was on the bil-jac team. After purchasing a bag close to 50 dollars upon opening a brand new bag I was shocked to find feces in it. Yes feces and it had the same coating on it as the dog food so this had to occur at the processing plant. So God only knows how many bags are out there with feces in them.

I then came upon this page and was shocked to see that I was not the only one to have this happen to. I can’t believe I LITERALLY paid 50 dollars for a bag of **. Please save your money. If you want to feed your dogs ** it’s free. You don’t need to buy this expensive dog food. I have found that Bil-Jac is the best dog food. My dog loves it and again like my previous dog has never been sick. I am so disappointed in blue buffalo. I wanted to call and voice my complaint to them but I read in other many other reviews that they did just that and in their words blue buffalo could care less so I don’t know what to do but write this review which I wish we would have read before spending 50 dollars on a bag of **. So disappointing.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We adopted a dog a couple of months ago and purchased Blue Buffalo chicken and brown rice dry dog food. Within a couple of weeks our new dog became sick with vomiting and loose stools. The vet put him on Hills i/d and he recovered quickly. Nobody knew what had made him sick so as advised we transitioned back to Blue Buffalo over about 3 weeks. Within a few days of reaching 100% Blue Buffalo he started vomiting again. There seems to be a wave of complaints over the last month of people finding their dogs, some of which have been fed Blue Buffalo for years, are suddenly getting sick. In conjunction with their recall 2 years back I won't be buying their products again. Apparently their quality control isn't sufficient.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information