2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2016

My 9-month-old Standard Poodle is currently in the hospital dying. He has the same symptoms others have described here in reviews. He eats Blue Buffalo Puppy Kibble and two weeks ago he was perfectly healthy one day, then sick the next. He quit eating and drinking, became very lethargic, had diarrhea with blood in it. Took him to the vet, did a series of X-rays, which showed everything normal. The next day he was still getting worse. Took him back to the vet who did blood-work and everything was normal except blood platelet count was a little low. Vet prescribed a home-cooked chicken and rice diet. He still continued to decline, vomiting, diarrhea, lethargic, dehydrated. Took him to the vet again, still no clue. Gave him subcutaneous fluids, because he was so dehydrated and gave him a shot of medicine for nausea that was good for 24 hours.

Twelve hours later he starts vomiting again. Took him back to the vet, put him on IV fluids for severe dehydration, IV antibiotics, and sent him to the specialist at the emergency vet hospital. They did surgery, to rule out foreign object and basically an exploratory. They found nothing to cause this. He is currently at the hospital, wasting away. All of this took place in just under 2-week period. He has lost so much weight. He weighs 5 pounds less than he did 3 months ago.

This is not just a dog, he is my only companion. I am a recent widow, and I am heartbroken again. My baby is dying and no one can stop it! The vet bills as of 3 days ago were over $3,000 and rising. I paid $3,000 for him because he comes from champion AKC Certified Pure breeders. He was eating Blue Buffalo Puppy Kibble. He is dying exactly the way I have read here that others have died and are sick. Don't buy this food. It sounds like a repeat of the 2015 problem that resulted in class action lawsuits against the company. If I had known about the 2015 problems I would never have put him on this food!

Original review: March 25, 2016

Started him on the BB wilderness puppy red meat food and he couldn't get enough. Just switched to the chicken kind and he is just as happy. Very good nutrition. He was the same size as his brothers and sisters at 7 weeks but he is 4 months now and is a healthy 4 pounds bigger and stronger than them. They eat Purina puppy chow.

Original review: March 19, 2016

Switched my three dogs to BB from Chicken Soup for Dog Lovers Soul in Feb. 2016, thinking I was getting the highest quality food. Mixed the new with the old gradually working up to half and half ratio. On third week two dogs started with diarrhea and vomiting. Finally googled and found all the complaints about BB and dogs that have been harmed. Immediately switched back to Chicken Soup but my Jack Russell continues to be ill, will not eat, losing weight, diarrhea and vomiting. He is 14 1/2 years old and I fear he is too old to overcome this. I'm so upset thinking I have hurt my animals. Ordered online so cannot return it. Do not buy this trash!!!

Original review: March 19, 2016

I don't know who the stars are for. Blue Buffalo one star - Consumer Affairs 3 stars I guess. I want to buy the best so after research I found Buffalo Dog food, and quickly recommended it to my friends. They stopped using BB because their dogs either refused to eat it or they got sick. MY Sally girl became sick and refused to eat. I would just switch the flavors, staying loyal to BB. When I took her to the vets they could not figure out why she was always throwing up and swelling. It was a slow death, I believe it took her short life. She was my best friend and when I took her to the emergency vet on new year's eve. I never thought I would be driving her home 2 hours dead in the back seat of my car. Everything added up... then I got the postcard with the class action suit. I have all records of her vet visits and the feed stores purchases of Blue Buffalo. My grief has been bad and my memory is gone... if I have already written you, forgive me.

Original review: March 19, 2016

Dogs have eaten this product for years with no issue. Newest bags caused intense urination, lethargy and they wouldn't even go near it. Changed food and after several days, they were eating and back to normal. Still awaiting full vet analysis.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: March 19, 2016

I HIGHLY recommend this food. There is a lot of people with scary stories but I have 2 pugs that have been on blue their whole lives. There has only been one issue with my male being allergic to something in the wilderness brand. My dogs are healthy in great weight classes and LOVE their food. No gas, regular stools - we LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOOD!

Original review: March 14, 2016

We decided to switch to BB senior dog food for my 2 chihuahuas just a few weeks ago. One dog lost weight and began throwing up and soon lost his appetite completely. The Vet took x-rays and found multiple bladder stones and renal failure. He died soon after. Now my other dog is now throwing up and refuses to eat and we are throwing easy this dog food before she dies also. PLEASE HELP US GET THIS PRODUCT OFF THE MARKET!!

Original review: March 14, 2016

We switched our cats to Blue Buffalo in June. We knew some poor reviews were out there, but they seemed to be from 6+ years ago and our friends have been feeding their cats BB without issues (we figured the company must have improved since then). The new food seemed fine at first. The cats liked it and one kitty began to lose some weight. Initially, we were pleased to see this, as he's a bit heavy-set, but the weight loss continued to a concerning level over the next month (despite the fact that he was still eating) and we took him to be seen by the vet. He had elevated creatinine, which signals kidney problems. We had an ultrasound and urinalysis that revealed nothing further, so we ended up giving him antibiotics in hopes that it was just an acute issue and not long-term kidney disease.

At the same time, we switched the cats back to Science Diet immediately (July). They've eaten nothing else since, and our cat's kidney values have dropped and remained within normal range (creatinine down to 1.3 on Science Diet from 3.6 on Blue Buffalo) for 8 months. Now, perhaps our kitty is particularly susceptible to kidney issues, but given the number of reviews linking Blue Buffalo to renal problems and/or failure, I will never feed it to my cats again. I don't like to think about what might have happened had we not switched back to Science Diet when we did. We have spent so much money in lab tests and vet visits to monitor our little guy. Blue Buffalo is not worth the risk.

Original review: March 12, 2016

My 8-year-old yorkie have NEVER HAD ANY SKIN ISSUES but now he has several spots from where his skin has sores because of this dog food. Please take this off the market. Based on everything I've read from other customers there are enough complaints to shut this company out of the United States. What does it take, is there a certain number of deaths that have to be reached. I AM ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIED THAT I EVER USED THIS PRODUCT LET ALONE FED IT TO MY DOG and on top of that your lawsuit settlement is a joke, $5 for ever $100 spent. We should all be refunded the full amount. I hope you go under and never come back.

Original review: March 11, 2016

My wife and I switched to Blue Buffalo in early February (2016). We have a 6 year old Golden Retriever and 8 year old Jack Russell. Our JR was immediately lethargic after eating his first Blue Buffalo meal. He threw up everywhere and had the runs for 3 days. He wouldn't touch the food after that. We figured it didn't agree with him so we fed him baked chicken for a week and then switched to another dog food brand. Our Golden Retriever loved Blue Buffalo, but after 4 days, he became violently ill with the same symptoms. A month later (last night), our Golden Retriever had a seizure. His blood work and X-rays came back normal. He's acting fine today after a stay in the emergency vet clinic. Not to mention the $600+ bill.

I bragged to my parents about Blue Buffalo after my Golden Retriever scarfed it down 2 days in a row. My mom actually went out and bought the same kind of Blue Buffalo dog food the same day I spoke with her. Their Golden Retriever passed away 4 days after his first Blue Buffalo meal. Died of a bacterial infection. What's going on with this food??? There are too many complaints online for people not to look into this. I'm sending letters to media outlets. This is absurd.

Original review: March 10, 2016

I purchased Blue three weeks ago after my vet said what I was feeding my dogs was not good. After much research and Blue being rated one of the top five dog foods, I started feeding my three dogs Blue. After weaning them off their Beneful for a week and feeding them Blue, two of my dogs started vomiting with bloody, mucous diarrhea. The youngest dog was fine. All stool samples came back normal and after switching back to Beneful all dogs are fine and happy. DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG BLUE, IT WILL MAKE THEM SICK.

Original review: March 10, 2016

This may be less of a review and more of an inquiry... We had our four kids on Blue for years and had great results with it. I began to notice that holistic food stores were not fans and preferred Fromm to Blue. I never made the switch since we really had no problem with it. Our biggest issue has been how horrifically bad our dogs' teeth are. Literally they needed cleanings yearly and the decay was unreal. They were on the dry formula and there was really no explanation for how bad the dental issues were. The level of buildup was so severe our one baby had 9 teeth pulled! We didn't know what to do and honestly the dry dog food never crossed my mind as being a potential issue.

I finally decided to try Fromm Family really because the value is immensely better and they had been highly recommended over the years. I has 5 scheduled for cleanings this month and looked again and only 2 really need it. The other 3 are plaque-free and their gums look great. This food is amazing and it's the ONLY thing we have changed. I'm not sure why, but I swear Blue Buffalo food rotted my dogs' teeth out of their heads! No longer a fan.

Original review: March 10, 2016

We have a 14 year old wolf Australian shepherd mix. She's been on Blue since we adopted her 12-1/2yrs ago. She's been a very healthy dog and just passed her geriatric screening 10 days ago with flying colors including full blood work up, stool sample, and x-rays. She's hiked over 350+ of CO's highest peaks and still runs and hikes over 5 to 8 miles every day. Eight days ago we purchase a new bag of Wilderness Blue Salmon. She receives a cup of the Wilderness Salmon in the morning and a cup of regular Blue Adult Chicken at night.

A couple days went by and we noticed very labored breathing and she started to drink water uncontrollably along with diarrhea. Then she started refusing to eat her breakfast 4 days ago and it would sit all day but she would eventually eat it late at night. Then the last 2 days she refused to eat it at all. Same thing again this morning--she refused the salmon. She sniffs and then slowly backs away and dips her head low, her sign over the years to tell me that something is wrong ahead on the trail. I decided to see if she would eat her chicken Blue and placed a bowl down next to the salmon. She gobbled up the chicken. I can tell you that her nose has never failed us on the trail and she knows there's something in the food making her sick.

We also had to say goodbye to a cat last year with the same symptoms and never found out what was wrong with her. She also had been on Blue for life. We adopted a new kitten and put him on Blue and earlier this year he started with the same symptoms along with violent vomiting. We ran all kinds of tests including a ultrasound and the last option the vet said was to try a new diet. We put him on a new diet and symptoms went away immediately. I am not one to write reviews nor complain but I can tell you I feel so strong that there is something terribly wrong with Blue and their suppliers that I felt compelled to write. Even if you have any mild symptoms as explained above and your pet is on Blue, change the food immediately.

Original review: March 10, 2016

I have always been careful about giving my 8 year old miniature schnauzer the best dog food and products. After extensive research, we went from Science Diet to Blue Buffalo. He wasn't getting sick at first, but he was never eager to eat the food. I figured it was because he was eating "healthy food" instead of "junk food." When he'd get hungry enough, he'd eventually eat it. When the Wilderness food came out, I decided to try it. Thinking back, I noticed that was about the time his stomach would gurgle excessively and he was having a lot of gas.

I didn't attribute it to the food at first. However, in the last three weeks, he has gotten very sick. I've come home to vomit (that looks and smells like diarrhea) and diarrhea all over the house. He also seems very lethargic. We've cleaned everything and doubled check the pantry to make sure he wasn't getting into anything. I've even eliminated treats. However, he has continued to get sick. I decided to do research Blue Buffalo, and many of the reviews I am reading are similar to what we're experiencing with my fur baby. It hurts my heart that WE'VE been making him sick by forcing him to eat this food. I'm going to feed him boiled chicken and rice for the next few days and work with my vet to find a new dog food for him.

Original review: March 5, 2016

The last 3 times I've looked for the large bag it seems they're no longer on the shelves. Each time I've had to buy to 7 lb bags to equal 1 large bag. This is more costly and I feel cheated that I cannot get any of the discounts that occasionally are offered on the large bags. I have 6 cats and they love this particular cat food, so it can get quite costly.

Original review: March 4, 2016

In the beginning of February 2016 I purchased Blue Buffalo dog food for my 9 year old healthy, active corgi in hopes that the "natural" ingredients would help her with her dry skin. After eating for approximately 10 days she began to drink excessively (which made her urinate excessively as well). My boyfriend is an equine veterinarian who lives with the dog as well. He asked a colleague, a small animal veterinarian, who then informed us of the recent false claims regarding the ingredients in the food and a lawsuits against the company. We immediately took her off the food which was too late as her condition had deteriorated. She had lost her appetite completely, no matter what we made for her. Blood work and urinalysis was taken on her and she was started on IV fluids and medication. The labs showed renal failure. On 2/19/16 my dog had died. Less than 20 days of being fed Blue Buffalo dog food.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

I have never had any issues with BLUE Indoor Hairball Control Cat Food. I first fed it to my Hemy for 10 years. I adopted her when she was 15 yrs old. She passed away at 25.5 yrs old from natural causes. I now have a 2-yr old Balinese. Been feeding him the same food since he was a year old, have never had issues. This is the only food my little guy will eat.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

My husband and I adopted a new puppy. We wanted to give her the very best of everything. We heard great things about Blue Buffalo. She loved this food. She's 8 weeks old. After eating it, she began to have painful diarrhea, crying every time she went to the bathroom. We were talking about what we should do when she started vomiting up all of her food. It all started to make sense. We gave her blue buffalo that morning, and for lunch she wouldn't touch the stuff. She wouldn't even come to the kitchen. After she had thrown up, we drove her to the pet hospital and tried to give her a treat. She wouldn't take it. She became lifeless, she had no energy, just whining pitifully. We spent a lot of money that night, she was severely dehydrated. Her symptoms were so severe, they thought she might have parvo. She tested negative, and they did a few things to make her feel better.

Next day, she seemed better. Gave her the food, same symptoms. Rushed her to the vet, they said it had to be the food. We took her off it and switched to science diet. The past few days have been amazing. She's doing so much better. Still, I worry about her all the time now. I just hope she fully recovers. Shame on this company for hurting so many people and taking their beloved pets from them, all in the name of money. I am emotionally and physically disgusted with the values of this company reflected by the quality of the food. To promise pet owners healthy and nutrient-dense food but then give them a bag of poison and bile instead while refusing to acknowledge blame and admit fault is horrendous; to selficiously injure innocent animals, there is no crueler injustice. My heart aches after reading these stories and similar experiences.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

I switched my puppy food over to Blue Buffalo when my puppy was about 4 1/2 months old. I was told by a so called expert in puppy food that if I don't start this new diet I was not giving him the best nutrients a puppy needs for a wonderful life. I was told that the food I was feeding him was like giving a child McDonald's food every day. I am a new puppy owner (I have another dog, but got him as an older dog, I am new at the puppy stage) and I put my trust into this suggestion. I switched my puppy over thinking I was doing the best thing for my dog. Soon after I noticed changes in my dog. He started not wanting to eat anymore. He started peeing everywhere. I thought it was strange that he could never hold his pee. He started having very loose stools. He was also very gassy. As time went on, he just stopped eating most of the time, he only ate very little. He would sit under my little children's chairs during supper time looking for scraps to eat.

I was thinking all this was strange but just figured he was just adjusting to the new food. He eventually starting to try eating grass when he was outside. I also noticed a few times he was throwing up a little. He also just started laying around the house all the time. He was not interested in playing anymore. He was lifeless. I used this puppy food til he was almost 6 months and then I soon realized this was going on far too long and started to realize that it was the puppy food. I really stopped and thought this through when I discovered a very bad rash developing on his back. It was oozing with puss. I know from my older dog, skin rashes are usually caused from food problems (allergies-poison in this case). I immediately stopped using this dog food and started giving him rice and chicken (per recommendation from this site after reading everyone else's review - scary!!!). He gobbled his new food up immediately.

I also took him to the vet and got medicine for the rash (antibiotic and a spray antibiotic). I knew this rash was not good. I am so glad I eventually figured this out. I am just hoping now he gets better and nothing was seriously damaged inside. I truly don't believe my dog would be alive much longer if I continue with this food. I feel HORRIBLE for letting my little puppy go through this AWFUL experience. So, SAD. I just hope and pray for a safe recovery. PLEASE do not feed your puppy this dog food!!! Beware!!! My vet was not convinced that it was the puppy food - but I know it is. Can't fool me. Everyone is just always out for a buck. SO SAD!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I started feeding Dusty BB dry dog food because he had an allergy to the other dog food I was giving him. The scratching went away, all was well or so I thought. Just bought him a new bag of BB small dog wilderness dry dog food and gave him some Friday night the 6/19/16 and again on Saturday night 6/20/2016. He started pooping in the house and had severe vomiting. Took him to the vet Sunday and they said he was dehydrated. They gave him fluids on the 21st and sent him back home. Had to take him back on the 22 and he is currently still at the vet's. They are puzzled. They say he got into something toxic. I have other dogs that don't eat this food and they are fine. It has to be the dog food. He doesn't get anything else to eat. I'm heartbroken. I thought I was doing the best thing for him but I may have done the complete opposite. BB needs to look into these cases. I'm definitely not the only one with similar complaints.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

I had 3 beautiful cats. Max 12, Peter 6, Mia 4. They have never had any health issues and I have always purchased what I thought was the best food for them. About 2 months ago I switched their food to Blue Weight Management. All 3 of them were putting on weight and I wanted to see if this would help. Max and Mia started eating less and Peter seemed to increase how much he consumed (little piggy). I figured that Mia and Max didn't care for the food and switched back to their previous food. They both continued to lose weight and eat even less. I took Max to the vet and discovered his liver levels were way off. The vet ran tests and could not pin down any cause for this. He died a week later. I then took Mia to the vet and she had a seizure and passed in the vet's office. Although I have no proof I believe the food is responsible for my loss.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

Help please. I have been feeding Blue to my dogs thinking it was much better than other food. 10 days ago my English golden retriever had a litter of puppies. Mom ate real good the next morning then she got real upset, freaking out, panting hard, drinking lots of water, moving puppies here and there. I took pups away and put on a heating pad and gave them to mom every 2 hours. I soon realized they were starving, she had milk, but it had no nutrition in it. Also she stopped eating for about 3 days. She is now eating fresh roasted chicken only. I have lost all puppies but 2, and not sure they are going to make it. I have a friend in another state who is having the same issues and feeds the same dog food. We need help please.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

Something must have changed with the formula. We have been feeding our toy maltese for years, but just bought a new bag of chicken and rice formula and that night she had stomach issue with throwing up and diarrhea. She has had this before and with toy breeds, stomach issue are common I am told. However, the next day she was constantly wanting to go out to the bathroom, which she was painfully going. Then we noticed a rash. We called the Vet immediately, who diagnosed her with a allergic reaction and most likely to the food. The only thing we fed her was the Blue Buffalo. Reading other report that Blue Buffalo was acquired and perhaps they are cutting corners -- If this is true they should be ashamed. I will no longer buy this product.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

I had my cats on Iams for many years. I decided to switch to Blue Buffalo thinking it would be healthier for my cats. Over time my cats started losing weight and then it became too much weight lost. I could feel the spine way too much on my older cat. I always left more food out for them than they would eat but it didn't matter. I started supplementing with canned food to help them gain weight and it still wasn't enough. I have finally switched them back to Iams and they are now starting to put the weight back on.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

My husband and I are owners of 5 dogs and have been feeding them Blue Buffalo for 10 years, thinking we were giving them a quality dog food. Recently, we noticed one of our 10 yr old dogs starting to eat poop. Not something she has ever done in the past. Then, another 10 yr old dog quit eating her food at all; very unusual because she is our gobbler. This morning, I dished out their kibble and saw live worms of varying sizes. Further investigation of the remaining dog food (which by-the-way, we keep in a sealed plastic bin once the bag is opened) revealed more bugs - some actually stuck half way out of a kibble. Needless to say, we are going to our local pet store to discuss with the owner. He should know what is being sold out of his store and we will be changing dog food brands to see how our clan does with the change.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

We always fed our 1 year old Great Dane Purina Pro Plan. One day my daughter bought some Blue Wilderness Wolf Creek Stew. She put 1/2 can with his normal dog food just to give him a little treat. Within 12 hours of eating the food he was vomiting. We thought his stomach was just upset. The next day he did not have any interest in food, was still vomiting and now he was shooting blood out his rectum. We rushed him to the vet who told us we needed to get him to the hospital. At this point he did not want to stand up. By the time we got him to the hospital he was so sick he could not even hold his head up. He ended up having to stay in the hospital for 1 week, hooked up to IV's. The food tore up his stomach and intestines. They asked us at the hospital if he could have gotten into any poison, that's how bad he was. He did not eat or drink anything for 6 days. We finally got him to eat and drink a little.

For the next month all we could feed him was rice, chicken and boiled ground meat. He was also on so many prescriptions. We ended up with vet bills over $7000.00. I filed a claim with Blue Wilderness and they denied our claim saying that I could not prove it was the food that caused this. I said it seemed odd that he was perfectly fine and within 12 hours of eating the Blue Wilderness stew he became ill and within 24 hours almost died. They said that they test all their food and that it is of the best quality, blah, blah, blah.

All they care about is the money, not what their food did to our pet. $7000.00 may not be anything to them but to me $7000.00, the emotional and physical stress it caused my daughter and myself, and the HELL our dog went through is unacceptable. Needless to say the day this happened, I had just had foot surgery and 2 hours after my surgery I was driving our dog to the hospital which was over an hour away. He is doing well these days but I will never feed him anything other than Purina Pro Plan. Blue Wilderness - poison. You be the judge.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

Amy is our papillon and she has been perfectly healthy for the five years we have had her. Both my papillons have always eaten Chicken Soup dog food. My husband and I had talked about switching them to Blue Buffalo because they claim to have such a great product. So on Christmas Eve I got a bag of Blue Buffalo for small adult breeds, lamb and brown rice I think. One papillon refused to eat the small round kibble that looks like peppercorns. Amy wasn't choosy.

Three weeks later Amy is vomiting up the food, lethargic, and can barely breathe. We take her to the vet, who refers us to the pet hospital because she has fluid in and around her lungs. They have to use ultrasound to extract 5 ounces of liquid. They diagnosed her with protein losing enteropathy due to thickening of her intestinal wall. She had very low protein levels. Afterwards, she was put on prescription food and given some meds. I immediately switched my other dog back to Chicken Soup brand. At recheck, her protein levels were fine and she was acting like her old self again.

The doctors can't specify how all this happened. But after five years of being healthy, and then getting sick after only three weeks of eating this food, I have serious suspicions that Blue Buffalo dog food was the cause especially since her symptoms corrected after she stopped eating the food, which is inconsistent with the diagnoses of protein losing enteropathy. I have read reviews on dogs who weren't as lucky as Amy. Over 1000 dollars in vet bills and a 40 dollar bag of food in the trash, and consider myself both lucky and foolish. I should have read up before I ever switched the food.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

My 7-year old Husky has been on BB dog food since she was 6 months old. We started on the BB Life Protection Formula. At that time, I believe BB was a small company with quality sourcing their ingredients. At about age 7 she started having problems with sores on her feet. I switched her to the Wilderness BB, no success. I then tried the BB Basics, still same problem. After switching to a vet prescribed brand - not one issue!

I was a diehard believer in this brand. Most of the dog food brands out there are crap. Many add fillers that are laced with GMO's. As a farmer, I would know.

I was afraid to leave BB. I believe as a larger company they now have poorer quality control and can't control sourcing. Or they are aware of their sourcing and are cutting corners. Many animals have had a bad reaction to this food. Vomiting isn't an allergic reaction. My dog had an allergic reaction. For those owners who had dogs vomiting and convulsing, that's poisoning. Most dog food companies source "scraps" from China, questionable sources, even road kill. It's too bad that Blue Buffalo has went down the poor quality control road. They should be investigated. Obviously the claims of purity aren't true. Sad but true.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I've spent some time reading these reviews about how Blue has made pets sick. I've been using Blue cat food for 8 years and my cats have had 0 reactions or issues to it. If anything, it's given them more energy than the food I was using before. They're 9 now and still act like kittens. We've also recently switched our 9-month old puppy from Blue puppy food to Blue Wilderness large breed adult food. This is her first week with no mixed in puppy food and she's loving it! No reactions, no diarrhea, tons of energy. With my experiences with the food, I have to believe the negative reactions are more based on allergic reactions to the food or a dog's specific digestive system not being able to process it. I'm 3/3 on healthy Blue animals so you can't blame the food. Dogs have allergies to food just like people do so stop blaming the food.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

I have been buying this food for years. I have purchased the salmon for many pups that was supposed to be grain free. My dog kept getting skin issues on and off. We went to the vet after several thousand dollars later. I changed food to Zignature. My 11 yr old boxer and 12 yr cockapoo have been eating blue for years a different flavor. I have realized their stools are all the time and never had that before. I kept asking Petsmart if something was changing, and they said they heard someone else bought the company and the food was changing. I returned several bags also due to it was so powdery not full bits. I am not finding out my boxer has a tumor and after reading all these reviews I am very upset we never knew this before. My boxer is very ill and close to death after now finding out if was possibly his food that I put a lot of money into feeding my babies. SO UPSET!!!

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information