2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Beneful Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have 6 chihuahuas, they are all 10+ years old. I have spent so much time and money trying to feed them right and always ended up disappointed. That is until I tried Purina Beneful. They all have more energy, have lost weight and really drastically changed their behaviors. They are so much more active. They love this food! Thanks Purina, I appreciate it.... They appreciate it!

Original review: April 23, 2020

My dog has been on Hills Science Diet Dental care bites his entire life. He’s 10yrs old now, and I was thinking the hard food was getting to be too hard for his teeth, so I figured I’d try a wet food to see if he’d like it. So I bought him Beneful Incredibites. We went through one box of cans, and everything seemed fine. He was a little lethargic, but I thought maybe his age was just starting to get to him. Started on the next box, fed him a can, in about 30min, he started vomiting blood And food everywhere. He’s a 10lb Pomeranian, and I swear the amount of blood that he vomited looked like it came from a 90lb dog.

I rushed him to the vet, they did blood work and his liver levels were through the roof. He had just had his senior blood work done the month before, so they were thankfully able to compare the tests. The vet gave us multiple medications for him to take for the next 2 weeks to help his liver and stomach, and advised I put him back on the Hills Science Diet.

I put him back on his regular food, took him back to the vet a month later to check his levels, and sure enough his liver levels were back to normal. I 100% believe Beneful Incredibites almost killed my dog. Please, for the love of your pets, stay far away from any kind of food this company makes! I will never forgive myself for feeding this poison to my dog.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2020

I have a 7 year old yorkie and a 5 year old Bichon. I switched my dogs to this food recently. They both ate it and were fine the whole day. The following morning my Yorkie grew very very ill. I’ve had him all 7 years and he has NEVER EVER been sick. He began to vomit, the first of which was all the food.. I figured his stomach just wasn’t agreeing with his food which has happened before. But he wouldn’t stop throwing up. So I scheduled and appointment with the vet, laid with him for about an hour and that seemed to help. But then it got worse and fast. He started throwing up BLOOD ONLY, was whining so loud in pain, very anxious and lethargic. It couldn’t wait until our scheduled appointment so I brought him in. By the time we got here he was freezing cold and severely dehydrated and just was not his self. His health was declining extremely fast. The vet said if I would've waited he would’ve died.

My Bichon was not as bad as my Yorkie. But you can hear that the food really upset his stomach, he did not eat the day my Yorkie was sick and now has a cyst like bump near his anus. Neither one of my dogs have EVER had health issues and it’s not a coincidence that they both started experiencing problems around the same time. DO NOT FEED this food to your dogs! IT IS A KILLER!

Original review: March 14, 2020

Seriously, dog owners, stay away from this food! My two dogs had bloody stools after eating this food. My dogs were getting bored with their food, so I bought the Beneful dry food to change it up. They both got bloody diarrhea for days. I immediately Googled this brand and discovered that other pet owners were having the same trouble. I threw the food out right away and started them on Wellness dry food. No more bloody stools. This food should be pulled off the shelves!!! I don’t understand how this dangerous food is being allowed to be sold!!!! It outrages me!!! Do your research on safe and healthy dog food. We love our pets and want the best for them. Shame on this company for just trying to make a buck on this crap that is making our dogs sick!!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My 7 Year Old Lab Lost His Life. “Kidney Failure”. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THESE WARNINGS LEFT BY OTHERS ON THIS FORUM! Their stories are REAL and so are their broken Hearts! Our Chocolate lab “Rusty” had no issues with eating this poison as far as his acquired taste was concerned. However, this food slowly took him away from us. His weight began to drop, he was drinking tons of water each day. He dropped enough weight the last 6 months of his life that you could begin to see each rib as well as feel his predominant back bone, his coat began to feel dry, brittle, no shine. He stopped jumping up in bed with me, he couldn’t even get into the vehicle to go to the vet. He stayed about 75-80 lbs and the day he died he had dropped down to 55 lbs.

I knew this had been recalled a few years prior to me getting my lab but I just assumed these issues had been rectified and improvements made or why else would this dog food still be on the Supermarket shelves to feed to our dogs. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case at all, Over the years of consuming this food, it just slowly chipped away at Rusty's kidneys. The vet took a blood sample and his numbers were literally “off the chart” for a kidney failure diagnosis. We laid our boy to rest the same day we learned of his illness. We knew he wasn’t far from death. As a matter of fact he went to heavily vomiting in our vehicle on the way to the vets office. We had decided to have his remains cremated. We feel like our dogs life was cut short by 7-8 years by slowly consuming this POISON ☠️ on a daily basis.

If you ARE or HAVE BEEN feeding your dog this dog poison/food, I want to let you know that some of these health complications and symptoms WILL NOT AND DOES NOT APPEAR IMMEDIATELY, it sometimes takes a length of time to do enough organ damage to cause death, it took 7-8 years before this poison finally took our dog away from us. Your dog may act normal for a length of time while consuming this food but eventually your dog's body will begin to suffer the side effects of eating Beneful. To Save yourself some future heartache and to allow your dog a chance to live life to its fullest expectancy STOP USING THIS DOG FOOD NOWWW!!! Please be on the lookout for symptoms. If your dog's breath suddenly begins to smell, or his coat begins to look dull, dry, and brittle or he begins consuming more water than the average normal, go to the vet. If you can get your vet to provide a toxicology test on your dog may be beneficial.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I fed this to my silky terrier, Louis, for 2 years. He always threw up and had bad diarrhea, but we assumed that since terriers have sensitive stomachs, that it was like that for all his foods. In November of 2019 his stomach filled up with fluid and we had to go to the emergency and have it tapped. The vets said it could have killed him. He's now on Dr. Hill's low-fat i/d canned food, which is AMAZING, and on medication for the rest of his life. The vets told me that most dog foods sold in places like Walmart or co-op are like poison. Once we stopped Louis from eating the Beneful IncrediBites he immediately stopped vomiting and having loose stool, but now he will likely be sick for the rest of his life. This food should be off the shelves and banned.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I always fed my dogs expensive organic dog food Performatrin. However I cheated out this time and gave them a bag of Beneful just only for this month as I had so many bills to pay for the month and couldn’t get the expensive stuff. Wow, within two weeks my one dog I notice had an increase in urination. Always peeing long and frequent on walks. This never happened on last food “performatrin”. I threw away the bag of Beneful. It’s been two weeks of them eating it.

I watched reviews of Blue Buffalo, Ol' Roy and Beneful (anything from Purina) being bad for animals. I went out and bought the expensive bag of usual dog food Performatrin. Let’s just say if you care about your dogs don’t feed them trash and do your in-depth research. By feeding your dogs crap you are slowly killing them. I’m lucky to have researched Purina brands before I had done further damages to my dogs. I’m lucky my dogs are okay now. No more cheap grocery store/Walmart crap brands of dog foods. Even I will feed my cat better quality. Also on Beneful my dogs became really lazy and depressed like lacking energy. These dog foods should be ban. No animal should go through this crap. NONE!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I purchased to bags of Purina Beneful Grain Free Dog food in September. I noticed Kimber eating less. Didn’t think anything because she her normal self. The night she passed away I took her out for a walk. She was walking funny, even fell over. She walked a little then vomited. I immediately knew something was wrong. I had to carry her back in the house. She was so weak. I sat down and was planning to bring her to the vet next morning. Within 15 minutes Kimber was gone! Cold as ice! Not thinking it was the food. I gave my sister the remainder of the dog food. On yesterday my sister's dog Chez fell over trying to pee. They didn’t think anything of it. He vomited and was dead within the hour. The only thing they had in common was the dog food.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I would not recommend this food. I have two small Yorkies and they both became very ill from eating this food. The minute I stopped the food they immediately got better. I have owned dogs my entire life and have never experienced anything like this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

All three of our dogs are extremely sick after eating this dog food. I recommend that you NEVER buy their product again. This is a complete nightmare watching our fur babies go through hell because of something I gave them. Your food!???

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information