2. Pets

Beneful Pet Foods

3.9/5 (794 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Beneful Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Beneful Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2014

After opening a new bag of Playful Life by beneful my dog was horribly sick. He was vomiting, diarrhea, lethargic, wheezing and couldn't walk or eat. We rushed him to the vet where he was put on steroids, IV to re-hydrate and antibiotics. He almost died. He was there for four days. We got him home. We had him on the meds and a rice and meat diet. This past Monday we started him back on Beneful (the same bag). He was worse than before in just hours. We got him to the hospital and the vet got him on an IV and flushed his system. He was sure it was this Lot of food. We finally got our boy home this afternoon and I will be making his food from now on. I started a claim with the company and am in the process of joining a class action lawsuit against them. Please like my Facebook page as well "Ban Beneful."

Original review: Aug. 6, 2014

Let's see, where do I start. Beneful killed my dog. Puppy-Dog was a healthy 8 year old purebred black lab. She ate Beneful and Alpo canned food (also terrible). In January of 2013 she had an episode where she vomited yellow bile uncontrollably all night, but was fine by morning. I assumed it was something she ate. She also had 3 bad accidents in the house that year. I assumed it was from the canned food and that it messed with her stomach. In October/November I noticed that she stopped eating her canned food, which was so rare for her. I chalked it up to her preferring the beef version to salmon or chicken. She also refused the Beneful even with wet food on top.

On January 1, 2014 I noticed that she was straining to defecate, and could not go. When she did, it was watery/loose. She refused all food but drank water. I made a bland chicken noodle soup and fed her canned pumpkin as well, believing she was simply constipated. It was not until the night of January 2 that I noticed the huge mass in her belly when she played down. I called the vet asap on the 3rd. They immediately did an x-ray after feeling the mass. In the next few moments, my world shattered as the doctor explained to me that my sweet puppy dog had a gigantic tumor on her spleen. They often enlarge rapidly, so it was nothing that I could have caught sooner. We went to a specialist the same day, where she started pallative care in the ICU. We were told we could operate to remove the cancer, but the odds were not good. I made the decision to let her rest pain free the next day. I did not want her to suffer.

Long story not so short, we adopted a shelter pup a few days later and before bringing her home I decided to google pet foods. I assumed her death was just a fluke! Never did I imagine that a food that killed dogs and gave them cancer would be allowed on the market. Boy was I wrong. I read over complaint after complaint of spleen cancer and other cancers and deaths. I was sick. It has almost been one year now and I still tell every person I see purchasing this dog food to please research it. I know people think I am nuts. I used to think that people were dog food snobs when they fed their dogs pricier dog food. I now know better. I wish I knew then. Please, do not feed Beneful to your dog. Unless it is the only thing you can afford and it will keep your pup off of the streets or out of shelters, please do not feed this crap. Please take this dog food off of the market. Our pets deserve better than the painful death that this food causes.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2014

I have been feeding my dogs (7) Beneful Healthy Weight for over a year now. I have just recently had to have one of my dogs euthanized due to calcification of the organs... Vit D poisoning. This dog food contains Vit D3 which is more toxic than other Vit D. I feel that they are responsible for her death. They must not care for the animals. It must be all about the money. The 4 vets that examined my dog had never seen an animal's organs like hers EVER in an ultrasound. She received no supplements, just the dog food. No table scraps. They said her organs were calcified. She was lethargic, depressed, lost 30 pounds in almost a week, would not eat and was retaining water in her abdomen due to increased thirst. She was also peeing in the house which never happens. Her sister is displaying some of the same symptoms. I had to spend $1000 and then have her put to sleep for additional amount of money. When will it stop! I have no photos, nor did I have a necropsy done. I feel it is the dog food. I am going to change brands immediately. The food makers know it is hard to prove exactly why these things happen so are not concerned. Shame on them and I hope they feel the guilt of all of this when it is time for them to be laid to rest.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2014

My 9 month old puppy has been eating Beneful since she was about 4 months. This recent purchase after eating she had uncontrollable diarrhea and was extremely lethargic. Feed her chicken and rice for 2 days and she improved drastically. Just went back to Beneful today and have been up all night with her again - about every 15 minutes she has to go to the bathroom.

Original review: July 30, 2014

Always wanting to provide the best nutrition for my dog, a seven year old Yorkie, I too fell for the pretty, tempting, glossy photos on the bags of Beneful dry dog food, specifically, Incredibites for small dogs. My dog has been enjoying this phony dog food for the past few several years, always seeming to enjoy it and always finishing what she was given. Just this past weekend, Saturday evening to be exact, while visiting my parents with our dog, she suddenly started vomiting. After returning home, the dog vomited a few more times during the night and could not settle and get comfortable. Sunday morning came along, the vomiting had stopped.....we tried to resume our normal morning routine.... Went outside, she was too tired to walk so I carried her to the backyard. She would not move and simply wanted to be picked up.

Over the course of the day, she would not eat, drank a little, did not void or defecate...... However, she was very lethargic and slept most of the day. Monday we took her to see the vet, after various blood tests, x-rays, an IV drip to hydrate, a hung bag of antibiotics and morphine for the pain, she has been diagnosed with pancreatitis; too much fat in her system. Isn't it coincidental that Beneful dry dog food is sprayed with fat to make it more desirable. Our dog is still at the vet waiting to be assessed again in the morning.... Hopefully we can bring her home tomorrow. I am not only a consumer, more importantly I am an owner of a small dog who only asks to be loved and will in turn love back unconditionally....... It is time that we were the voice and took a stand against the big conglomerate with the little heart....

Original review: July 28, 2014

Luckily I found the screw before I dumped the food into my dogs food dish. The screw was about 1/2 inch with a pointy edge. I noticed it as soon as I opened a new bag, so it did not just magically appear after the bag was opened. I opened the bag in case there was more. It obviously happened at the factory where they make the food. My dogs are safe but I am concerned about the product.

Original review: July 28, 2014

I have just recently stopped feeding my two cavalier King Charles spaniels Beneful dry dog food. For the last week they all of a sudden have shunned away from the food. They normally have very voracious appetites when I feed them it. However, they just recently balked at the food and refused to eat it. They eventually caved in and ate the food due to hunger. They have been on Beneful for two years and never refused to eat it. So now my dogs are sick at home. Not horrible but enough that I went and bought a different brand and they gobbled it up with no adverse affects. They had mild bouts of diarrhea and vomiting with the Beneful in the last week. It was a new bag so I suspect something was wrong with it. Treats they had no problem eating either. It was just when I fed them the Beneful that they turned away from it. I read others complaints and knew something was wrong and I didn't want to chance so I had to toss out an almost full bag.

Original review: July 28, 2014

Vomiting, diarrhea, and wheezing - we just changed his food to Beneful and this is happening.

Original review: July 25, 2014

I have a three year old golden retriever and a one year old lab mountain cur mix. My golden has been eating Purina Playful Life for the last year and I just recently switched the lab mix to it too to just have one bag of food in my house. Last week I bought a new bag. My golden messed in her kennel after eating the new bag for two days. She cried and needed to go outside every hour so I immediately began feeding her a bland diet of rice and chicken I cooked myself. My lab mix ate the food for one more day and suddenly he had the same problem but my golden was doing better and had a normal appetite again. They're both eating rice and chicken now and I'm afraid to give them this food again. Huge waste of money for me but at least I don't have the vet bills others are talking about.

Original review: July 22, 2014

We took a 15 month old golden retriever that was surrendered back to our breeder. He came with his crate, a dog bone and a bag of Beneful. He didn't even look like a golden retriever. His fur was short, dry and coarse and his tail looked like a lab, no long hair like a retriever and no feathering on his legs. The vet called his tail a "rat tail".

The first thing I did was get rid of the Beneful and put him on a healthy dog food. It took a few months but once his food was changed, the fur became longer and soft and his tail was fuller and the fur grew as did his feathering on his legs. We are so thankful he came to us and was able to get better and healthier food. It makes me angry that a company that is considered reliable and one you can trust can put out such poor food.

Original review: July 18, 2014

I have fed my dog nothing but Beneful dog food for the 10 yrs I had her. She was very healthy until she wasn't. Dr. said she had a spleen tumor and signs of pre-cancer. She also showed enlarged lymph nodes. Her blood work was all over the place and she was lethargic and not eating. She would eat anything but her Beneful. She had been shying away the last 2 bags I had gotten but I didn't realize what was happening. She was telling me "no!" "Something's wrong and I don't like this anymore." I took it as she was getting old and picky with her food. She wouldn't even eat the Beneful when I poured bacon grease on it.

It got to a point where she lost 10 lbs from her "picky eating". She hadn't been getting enough nutrition and her kidneys started to fail. She could no longer defecate. She was drinking a lot of water but the vet insisted on putting her on IV fluids. She spent almost a week at the vet on IV fluids and meds. The vet told me to take her home because she wasn't going to make it through the night. She told me the only thing I could do is be with her. She ended up fighting for another week before I couldn't bear to watch her suffer any longer. We decided to put her to sleep.

The night before I did I got a link to Consumer Affairs sent to me by my friend. He said people were outraged about Beneful killing their dogs. I clicked and read for an hour story after story of people with dogs having the exact same conditions after eating Beneful. I was proud to feed my dog Purina and I was never skeptical until I read all of those stories. Now I am convinced the food caused her issues. The vets ran test after test and could find no other source. I will never recommend Purina to anyone ever again.

Original review: July 16, 2014

After switching my 10-month-old Boxer Coonhound to Beneful, she began having bloody diarrhea and vomiting. She was admitted to the emergency hospital from her regular vet for severe dehydration and cause for concern from the excessive diarrhea and vomiting that couldn't be controlled. She was required to stay for 3 days and the medical expenses exceeded $1600. This food was the ONLY change she has had in regards to diet or anything and HAS to be the cause for this. I will NEVER put her on this food again and I am looking into more research on the issue. If we didn't take action and admit her to the ER she would've died.

Original review: July 16, 2014

Yesterday my pooch started vomiting and messing on the floor. Today it has gotten worse. She also has diarrhea and refuses to eat her food. She is drinking a lot of water and is lethargic. I think this food is harming her! I'm discontinuing this food and hopefully I have caught this problem before it seriously harms her! I thought I was making a healthy choice for her! I have almost a full bag left. Is there any way I can get reimbursed for this? What about the vet bill? If she's not better tomorrow I will have to take her in.

Original review: July 11, 2014

I had wanted to give my dogs healthier food and hopefully to lose a little weight. I always heard how good this brand was. So I picked up a small bag of the healthy weight loss brand. A few days go by and my dogs start vomiting and have bad diarrhea. Thought it was just a virus and just let it be. It got worse overnight. We finally figured out that is was the dog food. So we slowly look it out throughout the day. My dachshund made a fast recovery after taking some pepto bismol. My other dog, a much older beagle did not have a quick recovery. His got worse. Both were vomiting blood and blood in their stool. Like I said, the dachshund made a quick recovery. The beagle started have massive diarrhea and it was nothing but blood. A massive amounts within an hour. I was so scared that I was going to lose him. He would not eat or even drink. We thought it was going to be the end.

Fortunately, as of right now, he is recovering. I hope he makes a fully recovery and stays with us for a few more years. Today is July 11th, 2014. All of this was in a span for two to three days. He is still recovery and it looks like he will pull through. So please. Everyone, do not feed your dogs this food. I'm one of the lucky ones whose dog has not died from this brand of dog food.

Original review: July 6, 2014

We fed our Flat Coat dog only Beneful and after four years he started having seizures. I had him to two different vets and they found nothing as he suffered four seizures. The poor guy was so healthy and then almost died. The Vets had zero answers so I went online and there it was...all his problems. I almost broke down because I was killing my beautiful big black Retriever. I was so angry that this Chinese crap is on the market. I took him off Beneful and it has been almost a year now on Science Diet....no problems and I have our old dog back. He looks older now but he is healthy again at 7 years old but I wonder how many years I took off my best friend's life.

Original review: July 6, 2014

Our healthy, energetic, happy Shepherd/Pyrenees Ranger, who had always had a very healthy appetite, began showing signs of lethargy and started to refuse his food within 2 weeks of purchasing Beneful Purina Dog food. He was a strong loving dog that did not yelp or whine. He was all male. He died suddenly 3 weeks later on July 1st 2014. Veterinarian said it appeared he had a tumor rupture in his spleen area. He was a couple months shy of being 10 yrs old and he was in excellent health until he began the Beneful, which I purchased because of a coupon I received. I wish to God I'd never switched him. I feel horrible after researching Beneful reviews and now know he would be alive today had I not fed him that. Our family has been mourning his loss for over a week. He was a completely indoor dog.. My baby. We're all devastated by his loss!!! Purina has made some good products but Beneful is NOT one of them. PLEASE DON'T FEED YOUR DOG BENEFUL!!!

Original review: June 30, 2014

In April I switch my dog to Beneful wet dog food and noticed a change in my dogs health shortly after. Originally thinking it was caused by less walks due to our long cold winter and additional food intake I over looked the symptoms. The symptoms started at just bloating but soon she became lethargic, wasn't eating as much and eventually stopped eating all together. She also suffered from bloody stool and vomiting. Not long after the bloody stools started she passed away. This is when I with the help of my grandson researched what could cause these issues only to be astounded at the fact that her food is what caused her death. The additives and other things in the food causing the liver and kidneys to shut down, in many dogs, along with the symptoms that were present in my dog. I brought this to the attention of my vet who explained that she doesn't recommend Beneful to the owners of the animals she treats.

Original review: June 28, 2014

Ellie was a white shepherd greyhound mix and a wonderful animal. We were feeding her Beneful for a while until she became ill. It started with her not wanting to eat. She would poke her nose around the food bowl and push most of it onto the floor. I wish we paid attention to this! We kept giving her Beneful thinking she was just being picky. One evening after dinner she started throwing up black fluid. There was what seemed like buckets full, it just kept coming. Then she started to move her head around from side to side and up and down as if she was out of her mind (I have video). She would drink a lot of water and started to pee in the house. Sometimes in her sleep. We changed her food. Months later, she started to slow down until she couldn't pick herself up. She pretty much stopped eating and slept most of the time. She started throwing up water when she would drink it so we took her back to the vet.

Our vet took xrays and they showed us that her stomach lining was so swollen and diseased that it was forcing her intestines and organs to the right side of her body. Even her spine was bent. They also showed that her liver and kidneys were full of holes like Swiss cheese (I have pics of the xrays). We had Ellie put to sleep after seeing just how much she was suffering. I still have 2 large bags of this food and will have it analyzed as soon as I find a place to do that. Our vet was certain it was the food that did Ellie in. I think it is obvious. I should have listened to her. I am so sorry Ellie Girl, I just didn't know that the people we trust with your best interest, in fact cannot be trusted.

Original review: June 23, 2014

We recently started feeding our 3-year-old cur Beneful a few months ago. I noticed she went from eating around 3 bowls of food a day to now only nibbling at 1 bowl. She began drinking lots of water and having diarrhea. My first thought was she might have randomly gotten into something outside. I noticed her trying to eat grass pretty often. She then began to scarf my mother's dog's Science Diet food when she was around her. So I decided to get her some new food because she obviously is trying to tell us something. After only a couple days, she is eating again and licking my face. Something is terribly wrong with Beneful to make so many many dogs so sick. I've been reading reports now and this problem dates back to 2006. Something needs to be done about this food! Please get this food off of the shelves!!!!!!

Original review: June 23, 2014

My son's 5-year-old Black Lab has diabetes. He was on Beneful pet food since birth. We only discovered it was full of sugar after he nearly died of diabetes. This is disgusting that it could kill my son's dog. It cost us thousands of dollars at the vet to get him stabilized. He had seizures. Liver and kidneys were failing. He got an infection that would not heal, fever, etc. Doctors gave him a 20% survival chance but after a week of visiting the hospital every day, carrying him into the vet, for IV antibiotics, then home at night, he was on the mend.

We got him on DUCK and he is not on insulin 2 x per day for the rest of his life. He's a big Black Lab, purebred and wonderful temperament, so he's alive now because of the vet saving his life. We will never use Beneful products ever again and when I'm in the store buying dog food, I tell everyone about our experience with Beneful in hopes that it will save someone else's pet.

Original review: June 19, 2014

I scooped food out of my 5 year old female Blue Heeler's already half eaten bag of Beneful dog food. It was a 15.5lb bag of Purina Beneful IncrediBites SKU# 1780013639 with an expiration date of April 2015 and the code below the expiration date is 4115 1082 1549 L10-99. It was purchased at Walmart in Norwalk, OH. When I scooped the food out of the bag, I found this "fabric string" in the food. It is about 6-7 inches long and almost a centimeter in width. It looks like very thin fabric or a paper type material that is covered in a hardened glue substance. I called Purina Beneful at 1-888-236-3385 to let them know what happened. They were nice and listened to my story of what had happened and apologized.

They offered to replace the bag of dog food and asked me to keep the string and they would send me prepaid envelope to send it back to them in so they could check it out. About 5 minutes after getting off the phone with them, I received a call from the customer service representative that had just assisted me. She frantically told me that the string in the food wasn't a string at all. It was the web of a non parasitic grain based insect, such as a larvae or a moth. The glue-like substance on the string wasn't glue, it was the eggs of the non parasitic insect. They typically can get into the bags while at the distribution facilities. She told me that I needed to immediately dispose off the web and the food securely in an outside container and they did NOT want me to send it back to them! She was brief and I questioned as to what this may do to my dog and they said that since it's non-parasitic and that it would not affect her.

She was then quick to get off of the phone with me. I was concerned and confused, so I Googled about it. I learned that there are 100's, if not 1000's of complaints about Purina Beneful and the Purina brand in general about bugs in the food, making pets severely ill and also killing them, in most cases! Whole households of dogs dying! I called Purina back and asked more questions. As soon as I started asking more questions about the bugs, the health and safety of my pet, and taking her to the vet to be checked out after what I just found out (and since she's already ate half the bag of food!), I was told that I would need to make a claim with their insurance company, Sedgwick Claims Management, and they would handle my case from there. He then started acting like it was no big deal and that since the bugs are grain-based, they could be in any type of food. I have since taken to social media with the picture of the object. I have been told that it could also be a dead tape worm?!

We will not being using any Nestle/Purina brands anymore and I have also forwarded my incident to the FDA and the USDA. My dog will be visiting the vet for an exam and to be tested as well.

Original review: June 11, 2014

We have 3 Labradors who have eaten Beneful original for over 4 years. This is the only food their tummies could tolerate. We opened a new 42-lb bag purchased at Costco 4 days ago. Our pups are good eaters. Yesterday, my 5-year old only ate a few kibbles, green & red. Today he took a mouthful from his bowl and spit them out on the floor. My other 2 seem ok so far. Something told me maybe it was the food. I went to Walmart and purchased a small 5-lb bag. I came home and gave him a cup, he scarfed it like normal. I gave him another cup, same thing. I then got a cup of the other bag and put it in his bowl. His reaction was a sniff, a snort (how he voices displeasure) and walked away.

Something is wrong with the food. Label says ok until 2/15. 41261076 1553109. Top of bag in fold says LN2276TFT10. 3/21/2014 10:12AM. I'm very concerned after reading other consumers horrific experience. I plan on taking them off Beneful immediately. Not sure what I'll be using because it took so long to find one their tummy would tolerate. So sorry for those who lost their furry kids.

Original review: June 10, 2014

I trusted Purina so I knew no better. My three dogs were fed Beneful for years. In 2010 all three died within a twelve month period. Sassy, Chihuahua, age 12, bloody

Diarrhea, massive heart attack; Slinky , beagle, 13, bloody Diarrhea, complete kidney shutdown; Babezee, 13, dementia, bloody Diarrhea, falling down, crying, everything shut down. They were like my kids. I failed them as I fed them Beneful. Who do I complain to? Here?

Original review: June 10, 2014

Why is this product still on the shelf? If Purina Beneful is so trusted why can't I put my trust in them to REALLY look into this matter. =( Seems like they don't care about our dogs only the money they are getting from the $1.99 product yet we are stuck with thousands in vet bills! Someone PLEASE has to investigate. Our dogs are part of our family! To sum up my story my dog Daisy (just turned 9 in May) was checked around a week ago, blood work pretty much everything for a healthy status. All of her levels were great! The Petsmart Banfield Vet said for her age she is excellent! Randomly, I thought Beneful would be a great product to start giving my dog for dinner instead of her dry food (Science Diet). I've always heard slowly mix or transition your pet into a new food so I thought a quarter of the packet will do (small portion).

Within hours my dog Daisy who didn't show any signs of being sick went to extremely sick on only a quarter of the food! She would have died if she did not go to the 24 hr. animal hospital. After running lots of tests to see what could be wrong they told me the dog was suffering from kidney/liver failure but didn't know how severe until more tests were done. They were even shocked because she was JUST CHECKED! Her blood work was even on file from the week prior. I had to say goodbye to my dog on Sunday 6/8/14 because the animal hospital was unsure if she would even make it through the night. About $4000 later she is slowly recovering. Her symptoms were vomiting, red stool-diarrhea, lethargic, not responsive at all! I have pictures of everything.

My dog just got back from her ultrasound today to find out that her kidney/liver is, "thank god" okay but swollen from this Beneful "poison" food. The time waiting to hear if your pet will die is something nobody should have to go through. Regardless if it's killing 1 or a 1000 pets out of million would you put your pet at risk? A food should not cause death! Something has to be done/investigated! I went through the worst 48 hours and I can't imagine the pain my dog went through! PLEASE DO NOT FEED YOUR PET THE BENEFUL BRAND unless you want to put your pet at risk to suffer from kidney/liver failure/death.

Whether you have a small or large dog why take the chance with this food? From forums and research that I have been doing, the Beneful brand does not see to effect large dogs as much because their kidney's are larger. It does however kill them once they have been several years on it. All of the pictures are in order of how things started and where Daisy is at today. I'm trying to stay positive that Daisy is strong enough to fight off this garbage/poison dog food. Hospital is pretty sure I can take her home tomorrow as all of her levels our back to normal and looking healthy again. She has a last final checkup tomorrow morning.

Original review: June 9, 2014

Our beloved, barely 7 yr. old Max (Shepherd/Akita Mix) died last week from kidney failure. I strongly suspect he was poisoned by the Beneful line of foods/treats and am in the process of proving it. Poor guy tried to pull through but it was just too much of an assault on his stressed out body. I wonder if it's only a matter of time before it's proven that the contaminated food killing our pets is partially the FDA's fault for approving and allowing an increase in the amount of aflatoxin-afflicted corn to be blended into our animal feed. Could this Sept 2013 FDA ruling allowing higher amounts of this fungus into our pets food be causing the problem now because that food is now presently on the grocer's shelves?

I think Beneful and its product line amount to a toxic stew for our pets and with all the recent complaints it should be pulled from the market and investigated. Max and other pets are now paying a huge price for the heartless corporations/agencies/lobbyist involved which seem to care about their own revenues or politics over the health of our beloved pets. The proper parties need to step up and pull Beneful and its product lines from the market and address the real issues at hand.

Original review: June 5, 2014

I have three Dachshunds. I bought Beneful IncrediBites at Walmart. My 9 yr old female Martini had horrible pain and trembled. My Vet said she had a Pinched Nerve but treatment did no good. My 9 yr old male Dylan started peeing in the house and my 6 yr old male Skyy has rashes under his front legs and is itching constantly! I stopped feeding my dogs this crap and they started feeling better. My little girl has had a miraculous recovery. My boy Dylan isn't peeing in the house, and I'm waiting to see how long it will be before my boy Skyy recovers from his bout of rashes and itching! I am no longer a trusting consumer. The makers of these products need to Be scrutinized! Our pets depend on us!

Original review: June 4, 2014

This week I bought our 2 year-old Golden Retriever a new bag of Beneful from Walmart. (She's eaten Beneful for over a year.) Since eating this new bag, she's been vomiting. Suspecting she had a "stomach bug," I stopped feeding her dog food and prepared a bland diet of rice and eggs. Immediately the vomiting stopped. After 2 days of rice/eggs, I slowly incorporated her food in with the rice (about a half portion). Today was her first day eating only Beneful for her meals... and guess what returned: yes, sick puppy: vomiting and sad. So, goodbye Beneful.

Original review: May 28, 2014

My dog Mulaa was 3. She was such a lady. She nursed me back to life with her love & protection when I came home from the hospital. May 15, 2014, my husband fed Mulaa Beneful dog food. She began to lounge around, vomiting, and having bloody diarrhea during a flash flood. By May 17, 2014, she passed away.

Original review: May 27, 2014

Our poor doggy is in the hospital very dehydrated after we gave her Beneful. So only ate it for one week, vomited once, started with loose stools. Then this morning, bloody diarrhea and bloody vomit. This is the only difference in her life. Even the ER doctor said it was most likely caused by the "change" in her diet. She may not make it. I started googling Beneful and found all of these horrible reviews. Beneful, you most likely killed my dog!! I'm so pissed!!

Original review: May 25, 2014

I've been feeding my new puppy Beneful food lately, and she started twitching involuntarily! When I first got her, I fed her kibbles and bits, but I mentioned to the vet that I was feeding her Beneful and she didn't oppose. But now I know Beneful must be the crack of dog food or something.... Scary.

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information